Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

N. Jane

I Am Weird!

5 posts in this topic

I grew up thinking I was a girl and it took 8 years for them (adults) to put a dent in that. Then I thought I must be a transsexual because that was the only thing that seemed to fit and i had surgery in 1974 and went tripping merrily through life as a woman.

A few years ago I became suspicious that there was more to my story than that and started learning about Intersex. Last year I got referred to a genetics clinic. After reviewing a bunch of CT scans from 2005 the doctor called me last week and says I have "something" behind my bladder that they think is a uterus.

Oh my goodness??!!

Man am I ever screwed up! LOL!

Detailed CT scans have been ordered and I should have more information in a month or two and I have no idea what to expect.

Oh my!

I wonder what else they will find in there. :D

Rachael

Oh my!

I wonder what else they will find in there. :D

Rachael

A few single socks, the car keys I lost last year, and stale cookie crumbs I imagine ............

:lol:

Hi Jane -

I think that many of us wonder about what you found out, but may never know due to insurance, etc.

I'm TG and I also have a son who is TG and I'm questioning whether this is hereditary!

While I’m hoping in the coming months that the proper medical work will be done to help us figure this out, unless insurance covers it, we’ll be at a loss!

Glad you finally had someone explain to you that you’re intersexed. While many of us are not, you don’t know unless the proper tests are done!

Hugs! - Kayleigh

Hi Jane -

I think that many of us wonder about what you found out, but may never know due to insurance, etc.

I'm TG and I also have a son who is TG and I'm questioning whether this is hereditary!

While I’m hoping in the coming months that the proper medical work will be done to help us figure this out, unless insurance covers it, we’ll be at a loss!

Glad you finally had someone explain to you that you’re intersexed. While many of us are not, you don’t know unless the proper tests are done!

Hugs! - Kayleigh

Hi Kayleigh,

I wonder if maybe there is a gene that causes TG, I know the current theory suggests that our brains are saturated with too much of the wrong hormones whilst in the womb and this makes sense but maybe our genetic makeup has something to do with it as well?

I am going to make a post asking this question.

Thanks for the idea

Rachael