• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I Turn To You

Guest Jennifer T

Guest Jennifer T

Here I sit at 3:00 am, my heart falling apart in so many ways.

In all the uncertainty and sorrow, I cry to Him. This song touches me deeply and moves me to believe that no matter where I am, I can still turn to Him.

"When I am far away from home

and the cold wind starts to blow

when I'm empty and alone

I turn to you

When there's hardness in my heart

and i cannot see truth

and i'm wandering in the dark

I turn to you

and here in your holy presence its all that i can do

I turn to you Jesus

I turn to you Lord

For the youth when I am old

For the strength when I am weak

For the warmth when I am cold

I turn to you.

For the faith to move ahead.

and to let go of the past.

To see me as you do.

I turn to you.

and here in your holy presence

Its all that I can do.

I turn to you Jesus

I turn you Lord

For you alone are worthy the one and only God the ruler of the nations and the father of our hearts

I turn to you Jesus

I turn to you Lord

I turn to you you you you Jesus

I turn to you Lord

When I'm weak I will follow.

In your arms I will stay.

Will you lead me'

only you can save.

I turn to you Jesus

I turn to you."

Sorry, there's alot on my heart right now.

Jennifer,

Never apologize for your beliefs.

They are what pull so many of us through hard times.

I know that it can be very hard to be transgendered and maintain your faith but for me I have found a way.

I no longer actually affiliate with an organized church, I may look again soon but the one where I have been a member since I was 2 has become intolerable for me, all about money and who has control, they even ousted another minister because he would not preach intolerance for anyone.

I follow the teachings of Jesus the Christ and try to love everyone and turn my back on no one.

So often Christians (in name only - not by deed) use the Bible against anyone that the do not like but I have read the Bible - more than once and the underlying theme throughout the New Testament, which is what Christianity is supposed to be based on, is all about love, Jesus told us to love our neighbors as ourselves, to love our enemies and to treat everyone as you would want them to treat you - I find no room in there for prejudice of any kind, and I work very hard to not form any myself and if I do, I must undertake the monumental task of eliminating those feelings.

To me being a Christian is a very inclusive thing and to so many in the various churches it is seen as exclusive more like a Country Club than a place of worship.

You find comfort from a song, a beautiful song with a wonderful message, I try to go somewhere every now and then where man has not left his large and ugly footprint on the land and look at nature, form the simple beauty of the rolling plains to the majesty of mountain ranges, from a single butterfly to pod of Humpback Whales there is beauty and love all around, we just forget to share it.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Jean Davis

Hi Jennifer

I know how you feel. Try reading THIS it helps me to explain some of the events that unfold in my life.

And remember you don't have to look far to find God, as God is around us always. In everything we experience God is there we just have to try to figure out God's message to us.

LUV

Jean

Guest Jennifer T

Sally, Brenda, Jean... Thank you.

God made a ccovenant relationship with me when I was just a child. I've strayed from Him, but He has never left or forgotten His promise. I know this. I'm not yout typical 'church goer' (though I do go to church) but I believe God loves us all.

Have any of you read "The Shack"? I just recently read it and in it, I found beautiful things about God that somehow I've missed through my life. But one of the points in conversation between Mack (main character) and God is made when God tells Mack that he could never dissappoint him. God already knew Mack; everything about him, and there were no surprises. Hence, no dissappointments. It's an interesting thought.

So I've tried applying that here. God already knows - has known for a very long time - where my heart is and what I desire to be. And so I talk to Him regularly about it now.

Sally, I've read the Bible alot. I agree, the overlying theme is love. And it's God's way of romancing and loving and restoring His creation. He desires deeply for us to know Him the way He knows us. And He calls, "Come, join me in the circle of relationship I created you for."

I love you all.

Jennifer

Guest Sarinah

I often turn to music as a way to focus myself on God. Once I am focused on "him" I have the strength to face even the greatest of trials. Focusing on God reminds me that nothing in this world or the next can hurt me because I am loved by the creator of everything.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jennifer T

"to see me as you do"

I wonder how God does see me. Do any of you think about this? I was born and rasied male. I assume to God I am a man. But if in my heart I am not and especially if I am afforded the opportunity to transition, would God then see me as a woman?

Just thinking in the early hours before my day starts.

Have any of you read "The Shack"? I just recently read it and in it, I found beautiful things about God that somehow I've missed through my life. But one of the points in conversation between Mack (main character) and God is made when God tells Mack that he could never dissappoint him. God already knew Mack; everything about him, and there were no surprises. Hence, no dissappointments. It's an interesting thought.

The other part of this is that because God is not surprised by the disasters and upheavals of our lives, his provision is there for you, ready and waiting. Sometimes we miss it because we don't look, sometimes we miss it because his solution is not the one we want. And sometimes the solution is that He delivers us "through" the trial instead of "from" it. There's a reason Paul wrote, "It's a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of a living God."

I love the music of the late Rich Mullins. He was unashamed to wrestle with God in his music. I hope this blesses you as it has me.

Hard to Get

You who live in heaven

Hear the prayers of those of us who live on earth

Who are afraid of being left by those we love

And who get hardened by the hurt

Do you remember when You lived down here where we all scrape

To find the faith to ask for daily bread

Did You forget about us after You had flown away

Well I memorized every word You said

Still I'm so scared, I'm holding my breath

While You're up there just playing hard to get

You who live in radiance

Hear the prayers of those of us who live in skin

We have a love that's not as patient as Yours was

Still we do love now and then

Did You ever know loneliness

Did You ever know need

Do You remember just how long a night can get?

When You were barely holding on

And Your friends fall asleep

And don't see the blood that's running in Your sweat

Will those who mourn be left uncomforted

While You're up there just playing hard to get?

And I know you bore our sorrows

And I know you feel our pain

And I know it would not hurt any less

Even if it could be explained

And I know that I am only lashing out

At the One who loves me most

And after I figured this, somehow

All I really need to know

Is if You who live in eternity

Hear the prayers of those of us who live in time

We can't see what's ahead

And we cannot get free of what we've left behind

I'm reeling from these voices that keep screaming in my ears

All the words of shame and doubt, blame and regret

I can't see how You're leading me unless You've led me here

Where I'm lost enough to let myself be led

And so You've been here all along I guess

It's just Your ways and You are just plain hard to get

Hi Jennifer. I have another song for you to listen to. I had a hard time myself coming to terms with being trans and knowing God loves me. Actually, I have two songs for you....songs that helped me feel God's love. Both songs are by Matthew West. the first is called "the Motions," the second is titled, "You are Everything." Take a listen....and I pray that these songs speak to your heart and strengthen you...as they have for me. Most people expect God to act as He always has. the way the Bible talks about. But, to believe that, is putting God in a box. God acts in unexpected ways. Don't ever think He will let you go because you are trans. I dealt with that for years. and I am here to say....God loves you. Where you are at, is not a suprise to Him. Sing a new song....feel God's love.

• 1 month later...
Guest Jennifer T

I meet this week with the JH folks. I'm nervous. Could use some prayer. Things at home haven't been great.

What the hell am I doing... - rhetorical-

Guest sarah f

Never apologize for having faith in God. I still believe no matter what we do we will be forgiven in the end. It doesn't say anything in the bible that being trans is wrong or an obomination. I actually go to church each Sunday myself and am a greeter at my location on every first Sunday of the month.

Just keep believing what you have grown up to and don't think we will think anything different of you.

Love,

Sarah F

Jennifer,

Remain true to your faith, believe in God and you will be fine.

You had mentioned a month ago that you had been raised male and that is how God sees you - that in my mind is not true, God doesn't see you as others do, God sees your heart and your soul gender and sex have little to do with your soul - that is what God sees and the body is a vessel for this spirit nothing more.

God loves us all in spite of our best efforts to deny and defy him.

God is love, unconditional love.

Love, peace and a strong faith,

Sally

Jennifer, those words are poignant. Never feel ashamed of who you are. I am a Christian and love God. I sense that you rather live your testimony. What's so beautiful about God is when we're at our lowest He is always there to comfort us.

Gennee

:D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jennifer T

Gennee, I'd like to think I "live my testimony". Not so sure lately. They say the truth of a person's character is how that person is during tough times. Sadly, I am kind of morose when things are tough. But I think I still do what needs to be done.

But I have never lost my faith in Him. Even when things seem bleak to me, I know who He is. Ad I trust that all things will be made right in the end. I believe in restoration. And Oh!! how I look forward to that. :)

But until such a time, I seek to do what is right.

Peace.

Hi Jennifer. Never give up on God...He never gives up on you. I'd like to share with you a bible verse. One that I have incorperated into my prayer life. It's from Psalms 143:8 "Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, for in You do I trust. cause me to know the way in which i should walk, for I lift up my soul to You." Another verse in psalms, which I hold close is, Psalms 27:1 "The Lord is my light and my salvation, Whom shall I fear. The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid." I hold close the part of the verse that says," the Lord is the strenght of my life." I know without my faith, I would not be strong enough to be me. So, never let go of God. He is the strength of your life.

Gennee, I'd like to think I "live my testimony". Not so sure lately. They say the truth of a person's character is how that person is during tough times. Sadly, I am kind of morose when things are tough. But I think I still do what needs to be done.

But I have never lost my faith in Him. Even when things seem bleak to me, I know who He is. Ad I trust that all things will be made right in the end. I believe in restoration. And Oh!! how I look forward to that. :)

But until such a time, I seek to do what is right.

Peace.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 135 Guests (See full list)

• Petra Jane
    • Breanne_O
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Caohmán
    Newest Member
    Caohmán

1. Alik222
      Alik222
      (24 years old)
    2. AvaWill
      AvaWill
      (37 years old)
    3. Drewies
      Drewies
      (50 years old)
    4. JackJerryJohnTheTreeWorker
      JackJerryJohnTheTreeWorker
      (28 years old)
    5. jgram22
      jgram22
      (37 years old)
    • VickySGV
      @Breanne_O You seem to be on your way there girl-- full speed ahead it was a real adventure for me 11 years ago.  
    • Breanne_O
      I picked a cancellation spot with Dr Lorimer yesterday and had my consultation a month early.  I had been worried about how it would go, but the process of exchanging information was nothing to worry about and I felt quite at ease throughout.  That’s not to say some parts weren’t challenging to articulate clearly, but Dr Lorimer’s manner helped enormously.   The GI/GD diagnosis was such a welcome conclusion to it all, and such an important milestone in my journey.   Now for the Endo consult waiting…
    • VickySGV
      This one is NOT over, and this is not a final final ruling on the matter since this was a procedural and not substantive ruling based on scientific evidence.
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/supreme-court-allows-enforcement-idaho-ban-gender-affirming-care-trans-rcna141209     6-3 decision, of course.  The conservative Justices really don't give a damn who gets hurt, as long as it's "just" trans kids.  This is what we can expect, going forward.    Carolyn Marie
    • MaeBe
      I am on a three month review cycle for dosage. Do you have a plan with your doctor? I didn't discuss overall strategy when I got my prescription, it was a very long appointment. I was able to ask via web message to get a better idea; we'll check blood every 3 months and titrate accordingly. I don't know if we'll change labs to 6mo after a year or not, but that's where I'm at now. I, too, was like "is this enough?" at the start. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, but I've seen positive results during the months at a lower dose and continue to notice changes. For instance, my skin sensitivity is much higher. I always wondered why my wife was so ticklish, but I'm starting to understand why. I'll bet I am 20-40% more sensitive to touch than I was before; gently tickling my arm (I would wake up doing this sometimes, up and down my arms) now makes my fingers tingle...in a good way. :)
    • VickySGV
      @mattie22 Welcome to the Forums Mattie.  Our basic view here is that if you have any questions about your gender then you are not Cis Gender and belong here for that reason alone, because if you are not Cis, then you are someplace in the Trans and/or Non Binary part of the world, and on this site, that is simply who is here, Trans and NB folks!  Be comfortable and do not be afraid to ask questions here, or even give answers to others from your own experience.
    • Mx.Drago
      Making a garden greener than before.
    • mattie22
      I am new to this site and kinda scared  to even come to a site like this. 1 i donot know really if I am even trans or not  I know I amqusting my gender fore sure.  I  grew up thinking m one thing and if you  would have explained the baics of gender  when I was in my teens I would have probly said I was a cis male and ment it.  But I geuse thats  becuse  well I am  ok  with seeing myself as one even  thogh  I  I probly fitin the gendr nonconforing . but I also a part of me likes to be seen and treated Like a fmale somtimes.  When I was ynger I crosdress in secret and I started up again.  I also tuck .  tHE THING IS i CROSS DRESS FOR MANY RRSIONS   AT FIRST OUT OF CURISTY AND THEN JUST BECUSE i LIKE TO WEE TH CLOSES.  aLSO SOMTIMES  ITS PARTLY SEXAL AS WELL SOMTIMES BEUSE IT HELS ME TO SEE WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE TO BE FEMALE AND i LIKE IT.  somtimes I wish I were female as well that comes and goes  uslly  it does not last long.   This has happened more recently.  But it s not like i knew as much about gender untell the last cople of yerses .also turns out I am bisexal it took me while did not know this I thogh i was strait for most of my life. I. ok  I better ened this post. for now.  
    • EasyE
      Thanks for the great advice and support @Astrid. I appreciate it!
    • Astrid
      When you are sure you want to continue your HRT journey and the best dosage for you, consider asking your doctor for a three month prescription cycle (90 days rather than 30). This can result for some in considerable savings. It definitely did for me...   I am at the 4 year 5 month mark for my estrogen patches and am so glad I made the decision to go forward.    Best wishes!   Astrid 
    • Ivy
      I watched someone bury one out on Topsail Island one time.  Made me glad I was on foot.  They did get out before the tide got it though.
    • MaeBe
      If you insist. ;)   Bolder day by day!
    • Willow
      @KymmieL you know that picture was from right down the road from here.  A guy lent his New Red Jeep to his brother.  Brother decided it would be fun to drive on the beach, got stuck tried to self extract, got stuck worse.  Tide came in, a storm tide.  That was the end of the brothers jeep!   now, was that the same Jeep or just a look alike? 🤔. The Red Jeep of Myrtle Beach is infamous.   what about putting aluminum diamond plate on both sides so they match using high strength automotive sealant adhesive?edges could be worked so they aren’t blunt which would be bad.  Paying for body work here is VERY expensive!  And my body work is limited to Fiberglas sailboats.   Willow
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Work went good.Have a new co worker that will not last long.I was working and he was on his phone,chewed him out for it.Did tell my boss this and he had a word with him on it.Said it was costing my boss money and he better be working.My other coworkers and I bet he will be gone tommorrow.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Bob met her in the parking  lot.  "I tried to call, but no answer." "My phone is missing. I thought it was in my purse but it wasn't. I emptied my purse and my desk but no phone. I checked around.  I don't know where it is." "Well, I found you." "You did, and I am glad." "You are?  I was afraid you were off on a date with one of a dozen of your boyfriends." "Bob, let me be perfectly clear.  There is no one else.  There never has been anyone else. There never will be anyone else. " "Sounds serious." "Dead serious.  Now stop worrying. Don't even tease me about it." "Did I tell you that the only girls I dated reminded me of you, and they both broke it off. They said the same thing: either marry you or get over you." "I think you said that.  I am not ready for that yet." "Neither am I." "I need to change before we go." He had the Wrangler.  It would have been rude to make him wait outside, so he sat in her main room while she went down the hall. He heard her lock the door, no surprise.  Absolutely clean. The laptop on the corner desk had its cover closed, and there was a thick Excel workbook beside it.  Printer.  Wall calendar with cats.  A sunflower wall decoration.  Love seat. Coffee table that was clear.  A Bible underneath it and some books from high school days: John Powell's Why Am I Afraid to Tell You Who I Am topped one neat pile, and Success with Seasons: How To Look Your Best headed another, with geometric perfection. He could see into the kitchen.  There were a few clean dishes in the dish drainer but the sink was clean. Around the corner, behind the entrance door, was the laundry room and he could see the dress she wore last night hanging there. She had washed it after wearing it once? Wow.   Now she was out: figure-hugging jeans, knee-high boots, a pretty pink top, her hair pulled back with a band. She smiled at him, grabbed a cross-body bag and proclaimed herself ready. "I didn't leave my phone here, either. Let me try something." She went to the computer and logged in, entered a website, entered a number.  "This should GPS my phone but it is dead. Very strange. Like someone stole it." "Do you want to report it missing?" "No. I have a feeling it will turn up tomorrow  Probably in my desk, lower drawer, at the back, the batteries out. I have a co-worker who would think it is funny." "I'm not amused." "Likewise.  Oh. Church. Bible.  She grabbed a worn ESV from a shelf and flashed a smile at Bob that lit up his world from head to toe and said, "Ready." It was a fast food restaurant with a limited menu.  She had ordered quickly last night.  But now she stood and stared at the menu.  Several times she went up to the counter and asked questions, and finally was handed their Nutritional Fact Sheet. It was twenty minutes from the time they entered to when she ordered a side salad, a small cheeseburger (no pickle, no mustard, no ketchup, but BBQ sauce and no onion rings) and iced tea.  He paid for both meals. "Let's say grace." "Okay, now that we are going to be church people, we should."  He did, and they ate. "You are beautiful." "Focus, Bob, focus." He smiled.  "How was your day?" "I love the roses, but don't do it again, please.  The women in my office are terrible." "Okay. Saves me some money." "That's what I love about you." They laughed.  They pulled into the parking lot of Community Church.  It was a friendly crowd dressed as they were and they fit right in. They buried themselves in the middle of a pew towards the back.  The Worship Team cranked up and they could feel the vibrations throughout their bodies.  They went through a number of high-paced songs.  "Uh-oh," Taylor whispered, and gestured.  The offering was being taken by the hostess who got fired the previous night. "Should we leave now?" "I should talk you into Thursday evenings.  We are talking about not backing down.  Not hiding." The ex-hostess prayed over the offering , eyes closed, and opened them.  Somehow she was looking right at Taylor. She stared for a moment, and then said "Brother Mike, time for the Word."   As he came on stage she whispered something to him.  He turned, scanned the crowd until he found Taylor, and stared at her for ten seconds or so. "You sure you don't want to leave?" "I want to crawl under my seat.  But I would not respect myself in the morning." Brother Mike began with a long prayer about sin in the camp.  Society was degenerating. Men were thinking they were women and women men. He had been meaning to address this issue since he had heard about sin coming even to their own city, and now was the Kairos, for the devil was among them tonight. "Now would be a good time to go." "Ssssh." "In the beginning God made them male and female. Amen?" He got a big amen.  Bob and Taylor amen-ed along with the rest of them.  Brother Mike was surprised.  He continued. This was off the cuff.  He went down the same list that Aggie liked to send her, which amused Taylor.  Taylor amen-ed all of them.  "Oooh, now, tonight there will be DELIVERANCE in the house of the Lord!" AMEN "Freedom from bondage in the Name of the LORD!" "Amen!" "You once were slaves, but Christ has set you free!" This continued for some twenty minutes.  Brother Mike wiped the sweat off his forehead with a towel someone gave him. "Any SINNERS tonight who need DELIVERANCE? Come on down!" Bob and Taylor watched as a few people made their way to the front.  Brother Mike looked directly at Bob and Taylor. "There are more tonight for the  harvest of the LORD!" He looked at them again.  People in this section!" That was the front right.  And here!" That was the section they were in.  About twenty people around them responded and went up front. "We have a mighty harvest here tonight! Altar workers, come Fooorwaaard and minister to God's children."  Several older people, clutching Bibles and wearing vests that said ALTAR WORKER on the back, came forward. "Pray for mercy! Oh, sinners do you feel the mercy of God in the House of the Lord tonight!" He looked at Bob and Taylor, now sitting in a large area of otherwise empty seats.  Ahead of them and behind them and on the other side of the main aisle there were a lot more people.  "There are more sinners here tonight. I can feel it. Isn't the grace of God tugging on your heart?" "I like the grace of God tugging on my heart part, but no way am I going down there." "Agreed." After a while no one else came forward.  Brother Mike took one more last look at them and signaled for the Worship Team to come up and do a closing number. "Ready to leave?" "No, I'm not." "What are you waiting for, Taylor?" "I'm not sure.  We might have an interesting conversation." "Here?" "Yes." "I want to hear your definition of an interesting conversation sometime." They sat and watched as those up front diminished in number.  Other people slipped out.  Brother Mike looked at them several times, but he was mainly praying for people. The last worship number ended.  People were still up front praying. "Well that was fun," Taylor said in the Wrangler. "Strike that one off the list of churches to go to."  Someone was running up to them. "Wait a minute!  Y'all are first time visitors?" "Yes, we are."   The guy smiled.  "Here is a complimentary coffee cup for each of you.  Sorry we missed you earlier.  God bless.."  With that he was gone. They looked at the cups. Community Church, Millvale.  Have a Blessed Day. "Something to remember it by." "I don't think I will forget. I wonder what second time visitors get?" "I am so not interested. "   The next day her phone was exactly where she thought it would be.  Something would have to be done, but she was not sure what.  In the meantime her phone and purse would be in the drawer, and the drawer would be locked whenever she was away from her desk.                  
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.