• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest viv

Perfume

Guest viv

Hi all,

Went out this morning to buy some bread. Came home with the bread annnnnd, 2 bottles of perfume.

One bottle of Escape by Calvin Klein 3.4 Fl oz. and a bottle of Versace Woman 1.7 Fl oz.Love them both

and the best bit, both bottles 30 Euros, thats 85 Euros off the usual price . when I post this off Im gonna

do a few cartwheels around my livingroom. Yeeeeeha :blush: Luv,viv :)

Carolyn Marie

Viv, Honey, I hope you don't break anything cartwheeling around your living room. Next time remove all the breakables first, OK? :lol:

That sounds like a wonderful purchase. I'll have to try those scents the next time I'm at the mall. The lovely thing about this time of

year is that the department stores are desperate to sell things like perfume to men as gifts for the "little woman," so they let you

try all the scents without batting an eye. "Sure I think my wife (me!) would love that perfume." Hee hee.

Carolyn Marie

Guest Joanna Phipps

I have my favorites but unfortunately I cannot get them at most places

I like Classic by Jean Paul Gaulties and Chanel #5 (not cheap either of them)

Guest Donna Jean

Heck, I do good with just a dab of vanilla extract behind each ear!

At work when I walk past a couple of the guys who are standing there talking, I hear them say.."Ohhhh, I smell cookies!"

I know the way to a man's heart!

Donna Jean

Guest viv

LOL, Donna Jean, thank you, thanks all, Luv,viv :)

Guest MissAmy
Viv, Honey, I hope you don't break anything cartwheeling around your living room. Next time remove all the breakables first, OK? :lol:

That sounds like a wonderful purchase. I'll have to try those scents the next time I'm at the mall. The lovely thing about this time of

year is that the department stores are desperate to sell things like perfume to men as gifts for the "little woman," so they let you

try all the scents without batting an eye. "Sure I think my wife (me!) would love that perfume." Hee hee.

Carolyn Marie

perfume would be pretty easy to purchase. You could always pass it off as a birthday present no matter what time of the year. I just wish I could buy some and wear it around the house. But it ain't as easy as taking off a dress or shoes incase you're ever home and someone comes when you're not expecting them too.

Guest Kourtney

Hahaha, oh Donna Jean. How I have loved all the posts I've seen from you.

I am the biggest perfume maniac on this Earth, and I have spent easily 500 dollars on bottles.

My personal favorites are Burberry Brit - Burberry, Fantasy - Britney Spears, Can Can - Paris Hilton.

Ahhh the money I waste. Maybe ill steal your trick Donna :D

Kourtney

Cyndee

Hi all,

Went out this morning to buy some bread. Came home with the bread annnnnd, 2 bottles of perfume.

One bottle of Escape by Calvin Klein 3.4 Fl oz. and a bottle of Versace Woman 1.7 Fl oz.Love them both

and the best bit, both bottles 30 Euros, thats 85 Euros off the usual price . when I post this off Im gonna

do a few cartwheels around my livingroom. Yeeeeeha :blush: Luv,viv :)

Oh yeah, I am in a perfume heaven in this house of girls !

Pavlova here is Cindy's Nirvana. I buy it for my wife, and we both indulge. Like the dusting powder too, good stuff.

Been into Intuition lately.

Life is sweet, indeed.

Cindy -

Guest alone awake and thinking

I just adore perfume, I picked up Curious in Control this week and I've been wearing it ever since! All I need is "Radiance" to complete the Britney Spears collection!

Guest Elizabeth K

{I sure miss Viv!!!}

The Dior 'Poison" series - oh my!

Lizzy

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I love "Pink" and "Very Sexy" from Victoria's Secret.

Guest Lacey Lynne

Heck, I do good with just a dab of vanilla extract behind each ear!

At work when I walk past a couple of the guys who are standing there talking, I hear them say.."Ohhhh, I smell cookies!"

I know the way to a man's heart!

Donna Jean

YOU ... are one smart "cookie," Dee Jay! ;)

All the fragrances mentioned here rock! God, I LOVE fragrances ... especially body mists. Two favorite venues for the aforesaid include:

For great prices and great atmosphere:

http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=4090260

For corporate philosphy and upscale chic:

http://usa.loccitane.com/FO/eau-de-toilette.htm

For true class and and upscale living (prepare to pay):

http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/womens-perfume?cm_ven=google&cm_cat=beauty&cm_pla=generic-fragrances-general&cm_ite=fragrances&ef_id=Hn1NlWRkk3EAAIq3:20110401053636:s

Yeah, I've got all manner of fragance from Bath & Body Works. From L'Occitane en Provence, I've got one fragrance and two bath bars. From Norstrom's fragrance counter? Nada! Hey, what am I, Ivana Trump? ;)

Great thread, hon! Thanks for posting! Love it!

:lol: Lacey Lynne

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 138 Guests (See full list)

• J_Perra
    • MikaReich
    • Tori M
    • Mx.Drago
    • Jocelyn
    • RachelQ
    • MaryMary
    • Mmindy
    • Kaltia_Atlas
    • Emily michelle
    • KathrynnCox
    • KathyLauren
    • BarefootNikki
    • Susan R
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

HannahM
    Newest Member
    HannahM

1. DaveMK
      DaveMK
    2. Jordy
      Jordy
      (38 years old)
    • KathrynnCox
      Wow. That’s not cool. Personally I hate nosy neighbors. Mine just complain about my lawn. Right now. I’m so sorry you got cornered. You should be able to come out when you are ready, not someone else’s schedule. 
    • Emily michelle
      My sister just cornered me and asked when I was going to tell her husband. Because he is asking questions and our neighbors are asking questions. Of course the one neighbor is a loud mouth that has no filter. Apparently he asked my sister point blank what is going on with me. So I don’t know I want to come out so bad but I’m scared to death.
    • MaryMary
      I remember when I was a teenager the first years when I felt more intense dysphoria. I was starting my puberty (the wrong one). It felt like a mix of panic and depression. It was like a cloud that was setting in on top of my emotions and feelings. Without really realizing it I went from being relatively happy, listening to pop music and all that to being a trainwreck and just unable to deploy any effort on any projects and listening to very very dark music, suicidal etc etc lol I also remember when my voice changed because I remember the trauma and the panic. In fact I reacted so strongly that my voice didn't actually deepened. Later, doctors said it was because of stress...   Then as an adult, before my coming out it was like a general numbness and felt like I was turned off (like a computer that is turned off). I like the expression "crushing depression" that someone used, that's pretty much it.   Now I relatively don't have a lot but when I feel it it's no longer general numbness and depression. It's more like a knife stab, that sudden feeling you have the first second when you learn a really bad news.   Anyway, that's my way of describing    
    • Susan R
      I can relate to this exact feeling although I never smoked, I have seen the affects on others.  After purging my entire wardrobe, the powerful feeling of ‘accomplishment’ would eventually wear off.  Then, during this state of suppression, the dysphoria would start to kick in, often triggered by singular events...seeing a beautiful woman, seeing a man act chivalrous to a woman, or some similar event. My mind would not relent on those images and the need to dress as myself would increase as it always had. Within a week, I found myself thinking about nothing else but dressing as myself.  Eventually, to calm my mind, I would break down and go shopping.   Acceptance of yourself and who you are seems to be a good way to stop this unproductive, painful and costly cycle...at least this is true in my case.   Susan R🌷
    • Suiraa
      As previously stated, everyone experiences dysphoria differently. I've tried to study mine some to try and understand how it functions. It is like an internal mechanism that is uncomfortable and knows exactly what is causing the discomfort. This discomfort is then translated into impulses that feel very similar to craving something like nicotine (but not quite). One of the things for me is that I will feel discomfort in my body hair and I will have to shave and make myself look pretty. Otherwise I will start to become distracted and irritable. I need to study it way more and I currently consider my understanding of these mental processes to be rather limited.
    • Tori M
      What's all the fuss?  Is that not your natural color?  It's you, girl!  Hottie, gonna have all the guys' heads turnin'.
    • Susan R
      Didn’t disappoint...absolutely love it! Watched the video. Thanks Sally!😃  
    • Carolyn Marie
      Thanks for your inspirational and helpful post, Mary Jane.  We've all had to build armor to one extent or another.  All armor has weak points, and if we learn where those are and how to survive with those weaknesses, we'll become strong enough to survive, like you have.   Carolyn Marie
    • A. Dillon
      Oh yeah, that short on the sides, long on top style, repping the squad!!
    • Mx.Drago
      Great you can felt yourself a new teddy bear with all that. 🐻 Must be so stress relieving, if not breezy.
    • Just Lee
      Personally, I think the style and color strongly emphasize your eyes and forehead, giving a more youthful appearance. Can we see this blonde with makeup for the full picture? 
    • Just Lee
      Way to go!!! You did it!
    • Susan R
      I think you look good as a blonde. Show us this same look with your everyday makeup on and I think almost everyone would agree that it’s a very nice look. I want to also mention...to me, it looks just slightly more natural too. Maybe that has more to do with the way it shapes your face.🙂   My Best, Susan R🌷
    • Mx.Drago
      It's very nice and suits you well.👍
    • RachelQ
      I think that human beings, families, communities, etc. (probably since our beginning) are comfortable with “sameness”. Being trans or anything else that breaks that sameness (small and large) can cause fear in our family members but also, of course, with people outside our families – and sadly that can lead to hurtful things said and done by them. I wish too that people were more accepting and kind.
  • Upcoming Events