Guest Lynnx

No-ho/no-op Forum

92 posts in this topic

Hi!

This is the NEW No-Hormone/No-operation Forum. Okay, it's not a forum, but since they don't have one, i'm making it a Post/Forum. They do have forums for the clinical definition of Trangenderist or Autogynophilia/autoandrophilia, but those definitons don't cover all the people who can live this way. This No-Ho/no-op forum is for anyone who is, or is considering, living this way, and you don't have to worry if you fit these clinical definitions.

People live this way for a variety of reasons, and it runs the gamet between people who won't come out to anyone, to people who are out to everyone and living as if they born the other sex. For a list of several reasons, go to this No-op site

The topic for the day is: How many of us are on Laura's web site?

I know there are a lot of us out there, but i'm wondering if there are a lot of us in here. I'm talking about people who are transgender, identifed with the gender of the other sex, and can see themselves living their whole life as someone living in the unchanged body that they were born in. Now I know we don't all have crystal ball.s and can see the future, and, who knows, in ten years we might feel differently, but i'm talking about right now. Right now i do not forsee a future in which i would do hormones or surgery. Anyone else like this?

I'm considering going no-ho. Still unsure about that, but it's feeling mostly right so far.

I am definitely having top surgery when I can afford/access it, though.

I'm considering going no-ho. Still unsure about that, but it's feeling mostly right so far.

I am definitely having top surgery when I can afford/access it, though.

I bet if i had more that an A-cup i would want to do something about the top. I'm lucky that way.

I wondered if people coming to this forum would want one thing and not the other. Perhaps i should haved called it No-ho And/Or No-op.

By the way... does someone out there have a application with which they can replace words in my text? I was rereading my first post here, and was very surpized. I said "crystal" something, but not the word it says now!

It was changed by the word filter. The word ball in the singular works fine but if you type it in the plural, it comes up testicles. It had to be changed because a few of our members were using it to crudely describe testicles.

MaryEllen

By the way... does someone out there have a application with which they can replace words in my text? I was rereading my first post here, and was very surpized. I said "crystal" something, but not the word it says now!

LOL, it's an automatic filter thing - filters out "bad" words and replaces them with words that feel totally out of context. Which is why you'll see phrases like "small levee" to replace a slang term for lesbian, etc. It's a bit ridiculous at points, though.

Right now i do not forsee a future in which i would do hormones or surgery. Anyone else like this?

I'm not planning on transitioning, on taking hormones, or on having any surgeries. I have thought about it a lot and while I do want the results from hormones or surgery, I do not need them. I am happy living as a guy despite the fact that I would have rather been born a girl. I do not want to risk anything by transitioning if I don't need to.

Hi!

I'd have liked to go the whole hormone/surgery route but it's not looking too likely for me. I guess I can live with that, there's some fair enough medical reasons for it after all, but I'd be happier with it if I could at least have the top surgery. I'm not "big" up top but I'm small of stature and that can make what I do have look more than it is - especially to me! Strapping em down is ok, but after about 6-8 hours, well, breathing can become an issue at times!

Is it actually possible to have surgery without hormone treatment then? I've been getting so much mixed info. I read someplace that breast tissue will grow back even after surgery if you aren't taking hormones ... is this true?

Wonderingly ... :huh:

Is it actually possible to have surgery without hormone treatment then? I've been getting so much mixed info. I read someplace that breast tissue will grow back even after surgery if you aren't taking hormones ... is this true?

Surgery w/o T: Yes. Very possible. I haven't spoken to a surgeon who won't allow it, although I'm sure some exist. If you can, start doing workouts to build your muscle. Testosterone helps top surgery results because it increases muscle and decreases breast tissue, so it'd help to increase your muscle mass.

As for breasts growing back: I don't think so. If you get fat, you'll get moobs just like everyone else, but I dont' think you'll grow back significant breast tissue unless your breasts are still growing. I've never heard of a woman growing them back after a mastectomy, or a guy growing them back after top surgery.

I've heard of a few guys who've gotten pregnant post-op (not just Thomas Beatie), and I haven't heard anything about their breasts growing notably and pregnancy is when they're most likely to grow.

I'm not planning on transitioning, on taking hormones, or on having any surgeries. I have thought about it a lot and while I do want the results from hormones or surgery, I do not need them. I am happy living as a guy despite the fact that I would have rather been born a girl. I do not want to risk anything by transitioning if I don't need to.

Yes, i would like the body i would have if my body and my soul matched... and hormones and surgery would get me close to that. But not close enough for my liking. So, since i can live without it, i do.

I don't plan to have surgery or take hormones. THis forum could have possibilities.

Gennee

:D

Hi Lynnx :)

I am glad to hear that you feel complete and happy with the way you are now. Many transgendered people opt not to have SRS for many reasons.

Feeling good about yourself and satisfied is what it is all about :)

Perhaps a forum about satisfaction and completeness with one's self would be more encompassing for more people.

HUGS

Brenda

Hi Lynnx :)

I am glad to hear that you feel complete and happy with the way you are now. Many transgendered people opt not to have SRS for many reasons.

Feeling good about yourself and satisfied is what it is all about :)

Perhaps a forum about satisfaction and completeness with one's self would be more encompassing for more people.

HUGS

Brenda

That's a nice idea Brenda but i dont think this would a forum strictly about how happy we are. Living this way is a compromise, like everything. We're not always happy. And we have do deal with that fact in a way that is different from medically transtioning people, because there is no "light at the end of the tunnel". There is no medical goal up ahead that will change our lives for the better. It's all internal and interpersonal.

I don't plan to have surgery or take hormones. THis forum could have possibilities.

Gennee

:D

Thanks Gennee, i hope so too. Though I think it will take little time to get it going.

Like I already said- if there's someone who has less control freaky issues to run it, I'd happily figure out how to set up a proper forum on the site. :)

I just did a google search for "no-ho transgender" and this thread was the first page that popped up, followed by a few articles and websites that do no more than mention the term. I've done similar searches in the past for information on trans people who don't use hormones, as well as those who use low doses of hormones, and I haven't been able to find anything substantive. There are NO resources out there for us. I think, if we have a forum (which is pretty necessary given the dearth of resources out there) it should be on this site since there is already so much here and so many people visit this site. If it were on another site, I would be afraid it would not be found or used.

I just did a google search for "no-ho transgender" and this thread was the first page that popped up, followed by a few articles and websites that do no more than mention the term. I've done similar searches in the past for information on trans people who don't use hormones, as well as those who use low doses of hormones, and I haven't been able to find anything substantive. There are NO resources out there for us. I think, if we have a forum (which is pretty necessary given the dearth of resources out there) it should be on this site since there is already so much here and so many people visit this site. If it were on another site, I would be afraid it would not be found or used.

Another site could be used, but it may time some time and momentum for it to grow. A link to it from here, a more popular site, would help its popularity grow. Keeping the forum here isn't a bad idea either.

I'm fine either way. I think it'd do well to keep it on Laura's, but if it ends up big enoguh to warrant its own site then that's fine, too. :)

I really don't think there is any actual reason for a new forum. There's one here. There is no forum clearly labelled as a no-hormone forum, but topics for these are already found here.

I'm a girl in a male body with an androgynous personality. My strategy is to only transition if I can't avoid it (so if it's a decision between death and transition, I'll pick transition).

So, in essence, I'm a girl who currently tries hard to learn to live like a male LOL. Not easy.

Transitioning means I get a body I could live happily in it, and being able to function much more happily socially if accepted as a female, but it has disadvantages:

a) the most serious disadvantage is social disapproval, discrimination, transphobia etc

B) then it's damage to my reproductive system. I want kids!

c) lastly but not least, my orientation is lesbian, but lots of lesbians are transphobic, so I've much higher chances of finding a soulmate as a male rather than as a trans woman.

I'm a girl in a male body with an androgynous personality. My strategy is to only transition if I can't avoid it (so if it's a decision between death and transition, I'll pick transition).

So, in essence, I'm a girl who currently tries hard to learn to live like a male LOL. Not easy.

Transitioning means I get a body I could live happily in it, and being able to function much more happily socially if accepted as a female, but it has disadvantages:

a) the most serious disadvantage is social disapproval, discrimination, transphobia etc

B) then it's damage to my reproductive system. I want kids!

c) lastly but not least, my orientation is lesbian, but lots of lesbians are transphobic, so I've much higher chances of finding a soulmate as a male rather than as a trans woman.

Yeah that first one (A) about social disapproval is a biggie. Especially for males. I was born female, and i can get my hair cut really short, wear only boys clothes, do steroetypically "boy" jobs, hide my breasts... and still people come up to me and say "It's good to see a woman doing this job". Most people really don't know. They just think i'm a big tomboy.

But if males do anything outside of the gender roles, it's a big deal.

I am not *medically* transitioning, but i do consider what i do "transitioning". I'm just saying it would be harder on you to "transition" the way that i do.

And that's last one © is a biggie too, cuz if you can't find love, what's the point. I would suggest to look for bisexuals. I'm bi and my spouse is too. Be as upfront as you can with a potential love. If you find support in them...support in any which way you want to go...that will make life a whole lot better.

But as for (B), don't they freeze sperm all the time?

Yeah i've done that seach too. I did find one thing somewhere....there a forum on a free forum somewhere...i'll try to find it again. it was only for FTM. And being only one forum it didn't have topics. and people weren't too chatty so it was no help for me.

But i agree, having a forum on here would be best, at least for now. And having this "Post/Forum" will do for now. Just have: "No-ho And/or No-op" in the header line, and your question in the second line, and i like the Arrow post icon so it's easy to find, and maybe a one liner at the top to explain what this forum is about.

There is a vast number of us out there...I've seen stats but they might have pulled the number out of a hat, so i won't repeat it, but i do believe it.

I found that there came a time when I just had to have my own life, he had protected me for many years but I couldn't deal with it. It was freedom or several less pleasant results. There is no going back, I am out in the world and loving it

Mary Ellen explained it well. A trick? use 'ballls' when you need to (please - not in a vulgar way). People then understand better what you want to say.

Lizzy