• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Repo: The Genetic Opera.

Guest Rebecca Quentin

Guest Rebecca Quentin

I vaguely remember hearing of this film upon its release, but then forgot all about it. Today I finally got around to watching it and I loved it so very much. Its without doubt not to everyone's taste, a love-it-or-hate-it film for sure, but for those who are not too easily offended by gore in films and who like their rock music to be rockin' then I would recommend it.

I thought it was a very original musical and I was very surprised with how high the production values seemed to be, a fairly high-profile cast ("Giles" from Buffy Vampire Slayer) and quite a lot of holographic special effects throughout. I was surprised because this is without doubt a niche-film, and production studies don't usually like to throw too much money at these sorts of films.

Anyway, I've noticed it has a blu-ray listing on the UK Amazon website for under £7, so I'll definitely be buying it, especially as it has sing-a-longs for four of the songs.

Guest Robin Winter

I kept meaning to watch it and never got around to it. Hard to find the time when you want to watch a movie not suited for a 3 year old, and that 3 year old goes to bed at midnight.

• 1 month later...
Guest NatalieM

I freaking LOVE this movie! My only gripe is having to hear Paris Hilton sing. Also, can you believe that the girl is the same actress who played the daughter in the Spy Kids movies? Look it up, her name is Alexa Vega.

Also, Joan Jett is part of the band during the "Seventeen" song.

• 1 year later...
Guest AlexForever

I loved this movie too!

The only part I didn't really like was the "seventeen" song, not because of the song per se but because it seemed quite...random and coming out of nowhere XD like, it didn't seem to fit with the rest of the movie

• 1 month later...
Guest sarah_marie

Love this movie!! I got it while deployed the last time and I had to pry it out of a couple of friends hands. They didn't want to give it back! I always get up and sing and dance to all the songs! Lol

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Amberley_Vail

I cant get enough of Zydrate Anatomy.

I had a girlfriend who was so very into it and kept going 'oh Id love to do a Blind Mag costume' never realising I was thinking 'me too!'

=D

• 3 months later...