• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Favourite Quotable Films.

Guest Rebecca Quentin

Guest Rebecca Quentin

Just thought I'd start a thread about peoples' favourite quotable films. I'd say one of my all-time favourite films that is packed with great quotes, is "Withnail & I". How could I not love a film that delivers lines such as "don't threaten me with a dead fish" and "we demand the finest wines known to humanity, and we want them here, and we want them now!".

Plus it launched Richard E Grant and Paul McGann's careers.

Guest Joanna Phipps

Frankly my dear, I don't give a dam.n -> Gone With the Wind

Play it again Sam: the most quoted thing that was NEVER said in the movie Cassablanca

Guest sarah f

One of my all time favorite TV shows as a kid was the A-Team. They are about to have a movie come out, unfortunately with different actors as most the the original actors are now to old. The line I liked was (I love it when a plan comes together). That should go with most of what we do. We plan out our transition and if it comes together, we love it.

Love,

Sarah F

Guest Steven22

The Grammar Polices' worst nightmare, Yoda of Star Wars "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate and hate leads to the darkside"

"Haven't you ever heard of the healing power of laughter?" Jack Nicholson 1989 Batman movie. All time favorite quote.

Oh my GOD I feel like such a nerd (inconceivable!), but...

The Princess Bride

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Space testicles  (Now the filter has really done it JMP) Space Ball.s

Edited by Joanna Phipps
correct word filter mess up

We have a consensus, Donna Jean, Carolyn Marie, Jean Davis and I decided that the number one most quotable movie of all time is "Airplane" with "Young Frankenstein" and "Blazing Saddles" right behind.

You can just imagine what the conversation was like.

"And don't call me Shirley!"

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Sakura_Stingray

Star Trek

Excuse me… Excuse me. I’d just like to ask a question… What does God need with a starship?

-James Kirk, Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

Spock: Ahh, Mr. Scott, I understand you’re having difficulty with the warp drive. How much time do you require for repair?

Scotty: There’s nothing wrong with the bloody thing!

Spock: Mr. Scott, if we return to space dock, the assassins will surely find a way to dispose of their incriminating footwear, and we will never see the captain, or Dr. McCoy, alive again.

Scotty: Could take weeks, sir!

-Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life.

-James Kirk, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Spock: This is the new brig, Captain. It is escape-proof.

Kirk: How do you know?

Spock: The designers tested it using the most intelligent and resourceful person they could find. He failed to escape.

Kirk: This person didn't by any chance have pointed ears and an unerring capacity for getting his shipmates into trouble, did he?

Spock: He did have pointed ears.

-Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind.

-Data, to Borg Queen, Star Trek: First Contact

Guest Elizabeth K

Name the movie - and the character if you can:

Lost a planet, Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing... how embarrassing.

Hello.

Myname is Inigo Montoya.

You killed my father.

Prepare to die.

We are on a mission from God...

Frankly...

May the force...

If you build it...

Inconceivable...

Are you talking to me...

Are you trying to seduce me Mrs. Robinson?

Make my day..

Nobody's perfect (Joey Brown)

Shirley you jest...

But you don't ask with respect, you don't offer friendship...

I'll be taking these Huggies...

Get your paws off me you dirty ape...

Badgers, we don't need no filthy badgers...

Do you feel lucky, punk...

STELLA!

...other poor dumb dastard, die for his counrty!

...oh my! [hint- certain nurse to a certain apparently dead dentist]

I LOVE THE SMELL OF NAPAM IN THE MORNING!

... bonified...

Is that a gun in your pocket?

SILLY WABBIT...

I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way...

[a few are repeats]

Lizzy

Name the movie - and the character if you can:

Lost a planet, Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing... how embarrassing.

Hello.

Myname is Inigo Montoya.

You killed my father.

Prepare to die. "The Princess Bride", Inigo Montoya (Mandy Patemkin)

We are on a mission from God... "The Blues Brothers", Elwood Blues (Dan Akroyd)

Frankly... "Gone With The Wind" Rhett Butler (Clark Gable)

May the force... Name the Star Wars movie and pick a character - first time I believe it was spoken by Obi Wan Kenobe (Sir Alec Guinness) to Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) in Episode IV

If you build it... "Field Of Dreams" the voice from the corn field heard by Ray Kinsella Kevin Costner

Inconceivable... "The Princess Bride", Vizzini (Wallace Shawn) - what happened to "Have fun storming the castle"?

Are you talking to me... "Taxi Driver", Travis Bickle (Robert Di Nero)

Are you trying to seduce me Mrs. Robinson? "The Graduate, Ben Braddock (Dustin Hoffman)

Make my day.. "Sudden Impact", San Fransisco Police Detective Harry Callahan (Clint Eastwood)

Nobody's perfect (Joey Brown) "Some Like It Hot", Osgood Fielding III

Shirley you jest... "Airplane", Ted Striker (Robert Hays)

But you don't ask with respect, you don't offer friendship... "The Godfather", Don Corleone (Marlon Brando)

I'll be taking these Huggies... "Raising Arizona", H.I. McDunnough (Nicolas Cage)

Get your paws off me you dirty ape... "Planet of the Apes", George Taylor (Charlton Heston)

Badgers, we don't need no filthy badgers... OK, You Got me, I know the original "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges "Treasure of the Sierra Madre", Gold Hat (Alfonso Bedoya - you have to be a fan of Charater Actors to know him)

Do you feel lucky, punk... "Dirty Harry", San Fransisco Police Detective Harry Callahan (Clint Eastwood)

STELLA! "A Streetcar Named Desire", Stanley Kowalski (Marlon Brando)

...other poor dumb dastard, die for his counrty! Patton, General George S Patton (George C Scott)

...oh my! [hint- certain nurse to a certain apparently dead dentist] M*A*S*H

I LOVE THE SMELL OF NAPAM IN THE MORNING! "Apocalypse Now", Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore (Robert Duvall)

... bonified...

Is that a gun in your pocket? Originally not from a movie but a line used by Mae West in interviews - they finally used it in a film but I don't remember the name of it.

SILLY WABBIT... I know it was by Elmer Fudd in "Space Jam" but you might be going for Someone in Roger Rabbit.

I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way... "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?", Jessica Rabbit (Kathleen Turner - Amy Irving when singing)

[a few are repeats]

Lizzy

OK, you got me with a few of them.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest ChloëC

Who said this in 'Cool Hand Luke'

"What we've got here is...failure to communicate!"

One of those famous but little known character actors.

Another I like,

"I'll have what she's having"

and

"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death"

Ah, the movies.

Chloë

Someone is going to have to help me with the name of the movie. It's a quate i have used to lighten up some situations. In my best Jack Nicholson impersonation...."You want the truth. You can;t handle the truth!" The other one I like is from Beetlejuice, when he says, "Go ahead. Make my millenium."

Tommy Lee Jones is asked the question in the movie,,,,,,,,,,, No Country For Old Men,,

"" is that the trouble???,Tommy answers,,,,,,"" if its not it"ll do till the trouble gets here""

Classic..... viv :)

Guest ChloëC

"A Few Good Men" said to Tom Cruise playing a Navy JAG Lawyer at the beginning of the climax.

Right up there with 'Here's Johnny' and that great toast/restaurant scene in 5 Easy Pieces

Chloë

Thanks Chloe for giving me the name of the movie. I was going crazy tryong to think of it. There is also another quote i like. Can't quote it exactely, but it's from the movie, Dances with wolves. When Kevin Costner's character state he wants to go west...to see it...before it is gone. Something I have always thought about. How great it would be, to see what this country looked like before technology etc. made it into something else.

• Admin

Clint Eastwood movies are full of wonderful quotes.

One of my favorites is from "Unforgiven," when the Schofield Kid (Jamz Woolvett) tells William Munny (Eastwood) that the bad guys "had it coming."

Will Munny's reply: "We all got it coming, kid."

From the same movie, this exchange between Sheriff Little Bill Daggett (Gene Hackman) and Will Munny:

Little Bill: "You just shot an unarmed man."

Bill Munny: "He should have armed himself if he's gonna decorate his saloon with my friend."

Wonderful movie. Also, lets not forget to give credit to the great screenwriters down through the years. They never get remembered by the public, and

deserve as much credit as the actors who delivered the lines.

Carolyn Marie

Who said this in 'Cool Hand Luke'

"What we've got here is...failure to communicate!" Struther Martin

One of those famous but little known character actors.

Another I like,

"I'll have what she's having" "When Harry Met Sally" The woman in the dinner played by Director Rob Reiner's mother after watching Sally (Meg Ryan not me!) faking fits of ecstasy - that should get past the word filter and stay PG-13. :rolleyes:

and

"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death" "Auntie Mame!" by the same Character.

Ah, the movies.

Chloë

Just for your further edification.

"One cannot behold the face of the gorgon and live!" Dr. Morbius "Forbidden Planet"

Love ya,

Sally

There are so many, but the ones that came to my mind for now are:

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

-"I was thinking how nothing lasts, and what a shame that is"

-"Did you know I was struck by lightining seven times?" LOL

-"You never know what's coming for you"

-"It's a funny thing about comin' home. Looks the same, smells the same, feels the same. You'll realize what's changed is you."

-"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go. "

Forest Gump

-"I'm not a smart man... but I know what love is."

-"You have to do the best with what God gave you."

-Lieutenant Taylor:"Have you found Jesus yet, Gump? "

Forest:"I didn't know I was supposed to be looking for him, sir. " LOL

-"Life's a box of chocolates, Forrest. You never know what you're gonna get. " (I had to put this in...)

-"What's normal anyways?"

Cast Away

-"You never know what the tide will bring"

Uhhh... there are just sooo many... That's enough for now I think ^_^

Mila

Guest AlexDeOrange

"Oh, I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?'" (Goodfellas) (Everything else Joe Pesci says in that movie also works.)

"Another day to live through. Better get started." (The Last Man on Earth)

"Who is that?" "Wayne Gretzky? On steroids?" (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) (Wayne Gretzky on steroids is my automatic response to who is that.)

"Thank God for rednecks!" (Zombieland)

"We've put lots of money into this project." "And pointy things!" (Hulk vs. Wolverine)

"It's you!" "Yeah, it's us! Who are we?" (Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure)

In the movie "I shot Andy Warhol", and I think Andy said it to Candy Darling (who is a transvestite from the 60's) in real life as well.

Andy- "Oh Candy, how often do you get your period?"

Candy- "Oh I get it every day Andy, that's just how women I am!"

• 2 weeks later...

A Clockwork Orange style dialogue has someone crept into my speech patterns. I know it's also a book, but there's something about Mcdowell's delivery that is so quotable.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest anna123

My favorite quotable movies are the Bill and Ted movies

"Be excellent to each other"

"Party on Dudes"

"If you're really us, then what number are we about to think of?"

"69 dudes!"

• 1 month later...
Guest Princess Alexa

Omgg i dont kno if there's 'ne body who's seen Hot Rod, its my fave and the whole dang movie is like stuck in my head. It's so estpido i love love it! ^^

Rod Kimble: [pronouncing the 'wh'] The safe word is "WHiskey."

Kevin Powell: Sorry, Rod, What was that?

Rod Kimble: [pronouncing the 'h'] "WHiskey"

Kevin Powell: [pronouncing it with a silent 'h'] Don't you mean "Whiskey?"

Rod Kimble: [pronouncing the 'h'] WHat?

Kevin Powell: You're saying it weird.

Rod Kimble: [pronouncing every W as WH] Saying WHat WHEird?

Kevin Powell: All of it.

Rod Kimble: [pronouncing the 'h']

[scoffs]

Rod Kimble: WHere do you get off?

Kevin Powell: I just don't get why your saying it that way?

Rod Kimble: [pronouncing every W as WH] WHY I'm saying WHat *WHAT* WHay?

Kevin Powell: Forget it.

Rod Kimble: [pronouncing every W as WH] I WHill! I WHill forget it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rod Kimble: All great men have mustaches!

Frank Powell: Yeah, but real men actually grow them!

Rod Kimble: You know I have a hormone disorder!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dave: Oh, whoa, wait, what? Why is Rod kissing his sister?

Kevin Powell: Oh, Denise isn't his sister.

Dave: She's not?

Kevin Powell: No

Dave: Oh. That shatters my entire universe.