• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Beat Up From The Pulpit

Guest Lisa Wouldbe

Guest Lisa Wouldbe

I'm 13 yr. old and just recently told my parents , I was a girl ! It was the last Wedsday of Jan. .My mom at some point call our pastor .

The following Sun .morning the Pastor started the sermon with :"One of the jobs of a pastor is to teach ,instruct and sometimes rebuke." Then started to talk about how the world accepts sin and how it is trying to creep into the church . Then he started with homosexuals ,saying its not a life style it's a sin style. God didn't create adam and steve ,it was adam and eve. Then he went on to say that there are those who want to change their sex to cover their guilty feel about having sex with their own sex .(I'm a virgin and real have no plans of changing that. I still have the dream of being a virgin bride .for my one and only) He told the congregation that we even have a young person that is being drawan away by this... If he repents we will love he him and help lead him back to the cross. He talk about verses in the bible that condemed wearing clothes of the oppsite sex and that it was an abomination unto the Lord and one about if a man had his testicles crushed or his peis cut off he was not allow in the congregation of the Lord . And he said no effeminie shall inheirit the kingdom of God .

As we were living the pastor said I hope you were help by that... I ran out I was crying I told my parents that I was never comming back . mom and dad got into a fight.

I felt like I was beat up and emotionaly raped from the pulpit. Now I felt like even God hated me.And my mother was crying because her son was going to hell for being this way.

That night I tried running away from home. But God really was with me . A post-op transexual woman found me and showed me what the streets had to offer and then took me home.I think maybe she was an angel there to guide me home!

Lisa Wouldbe

Guest sarah f

I am very sorry you had to go through that. I would refuse to go back like you said. In your mom's own twisted way, this was a last ditch effort by her to see if she could change your mind. Don't let them get you down. I am glad you found or God found you through a post op trans girl to help you through this troubling time. Please stick with us and we will try to ease your mind. Unfortunately being your age, you still have to live with your mom. I am truly sorry for you.

Love,

Sarah F

Guest ChloëC

Let me see if I get this straight

Jesus is taken to a 'dead' man, Lazarus. He asks Lazarus if he wants to repent and will he accept Jesus as God's son and Savior. Lazarus just lays there.

Jesus says "If he repented we would have loved him and helped lead him back to the cross, but he didn't, so sorry, folks, nothing more I can do here" And he leaves.

Right? Isn't that how it works?

Funny how little things like that get all changed around to prove a point the changer has absolutely no idea about. We will only 'love' you if you do exactly what we say. That is a pure corruption of the commandments, and nobody ever, ever questions it.

Love (and no strings attached)

Chloë

Tell your pastor that he needs to read a bit more and find the passages that state that God is love and that we are all his children - Jesus the Christ (by the way if he has ever said Jesus Christ he is no Biblical scholar and you might point out to him that Christ is a title - anointed one - not a name) healed people of all races, religions and professions - he loved everyone no matter who they were - he even asked God to forgive the very people who were crucifying him because they did not know what they were doing - that does not say to me that if you aren't just the way your Pastor wants you to be you cannot get into heaven.

My God, the creator of the world and father of Jesus has room in his kingdom for everyone and there are no Pearly Gates because there are no walls - no one is excluded, you don't have to go there but it is your choice he is waiting for all of his children.

I am always saddened when I see the words of the Bible twisted into the message that they want - it is all too easy and when done from the pulpit many are swayed to the wrong conclusion.

Love ya,

Sally

• Root Admin

I'm sure this pastor is sitting on his oversized rump congratulating himself that in his smug self-rightousness he has brought a wandering sheep back into the fold. He evidently has forgotten that God's love is unconditional. He also seems to have forgotten that God knew you while you were still in your mothers womb and that he has made you a unique individual. God made you as he saw fit and it's not up to this charlatan to be saying that God made a mistake and that you are bound for hell fire and damnation because you are transgendered.

No where in the Bible is trangenderism mentioned. If it isn't there, how could it possibly be a sin. I'm sure this narrow minded pastor can't see past the end of his self-rightous nose of the damage he is causing.

Jesus preached a message of love and acceptance. That all who believe in him shall have ever lasting life. There were no strings attached. Jesus says to repent of your sins but transgenderism is not a sin. How could it be? This is not a lifestyle that you chose to have. This is something you were born with. How could you possibly repent of something that God made?

Lisa, if it's at all possible, I would refuse to go back to this church. You should not have to sit and listen to his hateful spewings. Above all, you should know that you are not going to hell because you are transgendered. It doesn't work that way.

Sorry for the rant. I have a problem with these pious self-rightous pastors twisting the Bible into their own narrow minded visions of what the Bible and Jesus teaches.

MaryEllen

• Admin

Lisa, being misinformed and ignorant is not a sin.

Acting on, or spreading misinformation and ignorance, is a sin in my book. That is exactly what your

Pastor did, hon.

When next you talk to your parents about it, ask them to do you a favor and read

up on the subject before they pass judgement on you. Ask them if they would feel you had sinned if

you had been born with a cleft palate, or had some other genetic malady that could be repaired with

therapy and medicine and surgery, and if they would deny that to you because God made you that way and you

have no right to fix it. Ask them if they would let you suffer just because you were born with a defect.

If the answer is no, and I expect it will be, then explain that being transgendered is something you were

born with, that you did NOT choose. The way to fix it is to bring your mind, soul and body into agreement

through medicine and possibly surgery. The way to be sure that this is what you are is to let you see a gender

therapist, so that all of you will know the truth.

I hope this helps, and I wish you well.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest Lisa Wouldbe
I am very sorry you had to go through that. I would refuse to go back like you said. In your mom's own twisted way, this was a last ditch effort by her to see if she could change your mind. Don't let them get you down. I am glad you found or God found you through a post op trans girl to help you through this troubling time. Please stick with us and we will try to ease your mind. Unfortunately being your age, you still have to live with your mom. I am truly sorry for you.

Love,

Sarah F

Mama didn't understand what was going on . She turned to her source of spiritual help. I don't believe she was trying to use it to "change my mind". Since that Sunday We left that church and found a Methodist church that is accepting of me.

Guest Lisa Wouldbe
Lisa, being misinformed and ignorant is not a sin.

Acting on, or spreading misinformation and ignorance, is a sin in my book. That is exactly what your

Pastor did, hon.

When next you talk to your parents about it, ask them to do you a favor and read

up on the subject before they pass judgement on you. Ask them if they would feel you had sinned if

you had been born with a cleft palate, or had some other genetic malady that could be repaired with

therapy and medicine and surgery, and if they would deny that to you because God made you that way and you

have no right to fix it. Ask them if they would let you suffer just because you were born with a defect.

If the answer is no, and I expect it will be, then explain that being transgendered is something you were

born with, that you did NOT choose. The way to fix it is to bring your mind, soul and body into agreement

through medicine and possibly surgery. The way to be sure that this is what you are is to let you see a gender

therapist, so that all of you will know the truth.

I hope this helps, and I wish you well.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Mama has real been supportive ever since the psychologist told her that I was a girl and that if she didn't take action to help me that she might end up not only losing a son but lose her daughter too. When he told her that 50% of us commit suicide ;that was enough for her to get me started on Androgen blocker and started with a genger therapist. God doesn't make mistakes but nature does . God gave me the soul and spirit of a female .but nature gave me the body of a male just as there are other birth defects in nature. I would rather live as God made me than live the way nature made me.

Guest S. Chrissie
That night I tried running away from home. But God really was with me . A post-op transexual woman found me and showed me what the streets had to offer and then took me home.I think maybe she was an angel there to guide me home!

Now what's the chances of bumping into a post-op on a night when you got the idea of running away? God was indeed looking out for you!

Guest Lisa Wouldbe

Please don't blame my parents .They are confussed about what is going on .They weren't out to hurt me;they were trying to help.

:mad: They were made victims of that pastor too. I know they are hurting too. I dropped a bomb on them .I wonder how :angry::angry: I would have reacted in their place if thing were reverse. I love my parents very very much. And I know that once they get use to the new me they will love Lisa too. Remember it was one man who attacked me and abused me from the pulpit. My parents made a big step and left the church they have been members for years . I just hope I can learn to forgive that pastor too .Not for him but for me !

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheAetherealMeadow

Wow, that is so horrible of the pastor. To call you out like that is very un-Christian if you ask me. Many of those bible verses are taken very out of context and the actual meaning behind them is much different than it seems. For example, in the verse that says the effeminate will not inherit the kingdom of God, the word that was translated to "effeminate" is actually a synonym for "greedy", since in their culture greediness was considered a feminine trait. For every seemingly anti-LGBT bible verse there are a lot of pro-LGBT bible verses (the romance between David and Jonathan being an example). However, it's easy for bigoted people to pick out what they want and twist them around and use it as an excuse for hatred. Don't let people like that bring you down!

Guest Elizabeth K

God doesn't make mistakes but nature does . God gave me the soul and spirit of a female .but nature gave me the body of a male just as there are other birth defects in nature. I would rather live as God made me than live the way nature made me.

An almost perfect explaination!

Was there a typo? 31 instead of 13?

Lizzy

Guest Michele H

I have no doubt that you were helped by an angel. God was able to turn the evil of the pastor to good by sending you an angel and created a situation where your parents looked for help and have you started on the right path.

Guest Italic

Quoting, "He told the congregation that we even have a young person that is being drawn away by this... If he repents we will love he him and help lead him back to the cross."

--

So preachers seem to be so heavenly minded that they appear to me to be of little earthly good. I would suggest that the minister may need to repent for telling the entire congregation something a parent told him or her in private.

It also sounds to me as if the minister exploited your struggle with gender for his own sermon-making gain.

Ms. Italic, the slanted font

Guest Sarinah

Lisa you are a strong young girl, thank you for being strong and willing to be yourself. Thank you for being understanding for your parents even when they werent for you first. I am sure by what you have written that the Holy Spirit is working in your life and your parents life. Keep up the faith in God, and the faith in his love for you. No matter what hardship you may come across remember God's love for you and your family.

Guest NatalieRene
I have no doubt that you were helped by an angel. God was able to turn the evil of the pastor to good by sending you an angel and created a situation where your parents looked for help and have you started on the right path.

I agree, thats exactly how God works. The only person is your ex-pastor if he doesn't repent. Twisting God's word and omitting things to suit your own purpose is sure fire way to end up in the lake of fire.

I am so glad that things worked out in the end.

Guest p3ngu!n

:) . am i right on the "madea" influence??? lols. :D

i'm sorry that you had to go through that, my dads a pastor so things like that often happen. like, the other day he found a nail file and started yelling... i was like "a nail file doesn't make me evil" and he was like "its just SOO WRONG for boys to do that"... grrr....

i def. understand that situation.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Vicky

Oh, Lisa, dear, I am sorry that this happened to you. I experienced this so so many times in my previous church too. I was a friend of the pastor, so I knew many times what happened to the people, then I heard the sermon on sunday about that...It is terrible, especially when I was involved, I really didn't like it, he made me angry. But I always went to church and I always prayed for him that he will speak what God says, not what he hears from people.

You know, we are responsible toward God, not toward people. Jesus went to synagogue every saturday for God, not for people. He knew that the people with the same religion will kill him one day, but He went for God.

Keep your true faith, and talk by faith. If they hurt you, and it will happen, just pray for them, because they don't know what they are doing. Maybe later on, you need to find another church, or the pastor may learn to accept you. God loves you.

Huggs,

Lily

• 10 months later...
Guest ametur_poet

I agree, thats exactly how God works. The only person is your ex-pastor if he doesn't repent. Twisting God's word and omitting things to suit your own purpose is sure fire way to end up in the lake of fire.

I am so glad that things worked out in the end.

Absolutely. Revelations 22:18: "I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll."

I am ashamed that there are Christians who would rather prove a point than spread the truth of God's word. This is where all the stereotypes of Christianity come from; from the churches that are so blind by their own old ways that they refuse to show the love of God to anyone, especially those who need it most. I am certainly glad that churches like this are decreasing in number, and that more accepting Christian churches are increasing in number. I hope that you are successful in finding out more about yourself; I may be new at this forum, but I can already tell that the people here are civil, supportive, and kind.

Guest littleboombox

It is an abuse of power for that pastor to call you out.

It happen to me several times when I was young and I even got exorcised and had the devil "beaten out of me" with a belt. Funny, huh? I myself am waiting to get out of home as soon as possible.

"And he said no effeminie shall inheirit the kingdom of God ."

I often considered many of the biblical virtues to be "feminine" because they emphasized gentleness and self control, which are associated with women. So I guess Jesus was an "effeminate" then. ANd I guess that many true, god-believing Christian men aren't going to heaven either because they held "effeminate virtues".

I felt like I was beat up and emotionaly raped from the pulpit. Now I felt like even God hated me.And my mother was crying because her son was going to hell for being this way

You are in a cult.

I know you are young, so you probably don't know very much about history and how religion fits into the world. You are just going to have to trust me until you can research and learn about it for yourself.

Basically, religion is there to control you. To make you productive in society. Instead of police, they use brainwashing and "magic" to get you to behave as they want (such as no sex out of wedlock, it is less of a drain on society if a man is tied to the person they are married to for their children). Being gay means you aren't making babies (and no babies mean the cult won't be able to match the numbers of the other cults... society has been based on numbers for a very very long time. Having a big family used to be a VERY powerful thing.... the more children you have, the more power you have.)

Again, I know you probably won't understand / believe this.. but everything they are telling you is a lie (you can figure this all out over your lifetime as you learn more about history and facts, such as the "entire world flooding" or the age of the earth).

You are lucky, you have access to a HUGE amount of information with the internet. Ask questions (this is the most dangerous thing to a cult). Go searching for the answers. Read about religion... read about ALL the religions. Read how many there are...how many have been lost to time... how they are all similar and all claiming the same things (and all result in the same things, meaningless suffering and fighting).

So, don't let it bother you. If you listen to your church and family, you will have a very painful life... try to distance yourself from the cult and you will be much happier.