• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I Shoulda Known I Was A Transguy When...

Guest SamIThinkIAm

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flint

• Sally

Guest mistygirl7

Hey guys you wouldn't mind if posted would ya hehe

Well I should have known I was a trans is when...

I was wanting to playith my sister Barbies instead of action figures

When played house I would sometimes be the wife or sister

When I was little I had a doll I took care of like a baby

I dislike spiders .. eek they give me the creep

I would go into my sisters room often and look at her clothes and tried on her one pieces swimsuit

I'd put on my mom and sisters makeup

I used my mom shoulder pads to pretented to be breast

Saw the movie face off and though would if it was possible to turn me into a girl(I didn't know what trans was or didn't know if there was surgery for that)(plus we there wasn't internet when I was little)

I would tuck my penis in between my legs for a vagina

In hs I was alwaysjealous of all the pretty girls at school and would envy them

Wanted to dress in a dress rather than unconforble suit ( I hate suits and males dress clothes)

I hated body hair

Well this was all I can think of more to come:-)

Guest Caelen

These were some things I have always thought were my DUH signs..well some of them...

-When changing Lightbulbs gives me a sense of hunter predator satisfaction.

- Answering my gf's questions with typical 'guy' answers an getting a Urgh your so male response.

- (as my mom says) searching for something thats right in your hand, or pocket..thus looking like a 'guy'.

- Wishing i didn't have to wear a damn shirt all the bloody time.

- Having a hard time understand girl talk, yet can chat with guys with ease

- Realizing all the people i looked up to were strong men figures

- Wanting to be like Marlon Brando's character Johnny from ( the Wild One) SSSOOOOO Bad!

- As puberty hit I began to look more and more like my father and do the same hoodlum activities he did, making my mother shake her head

- I wanted to date girls but was told that i shouldn't even think of it..well (la-dee-da to that)

- When people kept calling me a Butch an i kept saying...but i'm a guy...

- When all my friends were boys and when puberty hit i saw the difference an HATED it

- When I cut my first Mohawk and came home with it, my mom just laughed at said i'm a Rooster, mind you I was in grade 6 , but she was okay with it.

-When my aunt tried to get me to get my nails done and in a dress for grad. I ended up with the nails but they were black and i was in a female suit. Ha ! i won.

- When i was with my first bf ( in an attempt to hide the real me) i thought it was beyond gross if he wanted to kiss me( ick).

- My second Tattoo was a Pin up on my leg that my mom was okay with, and currently being almost heavily tattooed apparently gives my arms and very masculine look ( i just like the look and the tattoos)

- I always wanted to be a great Dad, never a mother but a father.

Guest johnnie_walker

mine are really boring.

-two times when i had to choose a name for something i chose kyle

-i was extremely uncomfortable with the whole boobs thing. i wore a giant sweatshirt to school every day for a couple years and was always scared someone could see my chest

-i wrapped an ace bandage around my chest to make it flatter and it felt so good when i looked in the mirror. i was all excited and wanted to show my friends. this was a couple years before i even thought i was trans.

-when i was 15 i kept shoving my hair up inside my hat and asking my friend if i looked like a boy. was disappointed when she said no.

-i developed an eating disorder and was happy to see my boobs and hips disappearing. at the time i thought i just wanted to be thin. but now i think i wanted to get rid of my curves

-when my mom told me what a pap smear was i cried

-i have cramps that are debilitating but i don't want to see a doctor about it because that would entail talking about my...parts

conclusion: i'm either trans or really really shy about sexual things (or both)

Guest fireball49er

There's probably a ton more than I can remember, but...

- Going by a male persona online as soon as I was old enough to play computer games

- I was always a guy role-playing

- Hating boobs as soon as puberty started

- Being jealous of a character in a book who binded

- Hating camp because everyone in my cabin was too girly

- Hating girly movies

- Liking action movies

- Liking when people asked if I was a boy or a girl

- Liking when people said something I did wasn't what girls normally did, or was something that boys do

- 99% of my favorite characters in movies, books, etc. were male

- I understand male characters better

- I didn't have a female friend until fifth grade

• 1 month later...

Here's what my mom told me(Some of this I didn't even realize until last night when I came out to her):

1. I always refused to wear skirts and dresses
  2. I never wore things that accentuated my "assests"
  3. Every cosplay I have done in the last 9 years has been male
  4. I've complained about my feminine body ever since I hit puberty.

And for the stuff she doesn't know:

1. I roleplay guys. Always.
  2. slash is never as satisfying if it's two women
  3. I have mentally thought as a guy for far longer than I have realized

These are just what I can think of.

Guest diniesaur

--when I refused to wear a bra until my mom told me my breasts looked more noticeable without one

--When I did wear a bra, I wore a training bra until they were size B to constrict my breasts, and then I wore a size B bra until they were size D for the same reason

--when I told my middle school bullies I was going to cut off my breasts when I was old enough

--when I liked it when my bullies called me a "he-she" because it was better than being called female

--when I started saving my pee for the shower so I could pee standing up

--when I wouldn't let my mom call me by my female name until I was five ("I'M NOT [birthname] DON'T CALL ME [birthname]!!!")

--when my mom begged me to pierce my ears and get blonde highlights, and I refused

--when I refused to be called a "lady"

--when my grandmother bought me nice skirts and clothes, and I never wore them

--whenever I thought of having sex with a man, I imagined myself with a penis

--when I wanted to grow up to be over six feet tall and as strong as my dad

--when I compared myself to guys instead of girls when thinking of my body hair, muscle, and height (I'm hairier than my stepdad!)

--when I refused to wear a skirt to my graduation ("females" were required to)

I have others...I'll put them when I think of them.

The wanting to be big and tall for me too! Like, I'd watch movies and see male characters and then think "That's what I wanna look like when I grow up!" or "That's how ripped I wanna be when I am older". The funny thing is that when I think about it I always thought "That's how I am GONNA look" just as much as "That's how I WANNA look" because I already saw myself completely as male and just couldn't imagine not growing up to be a man.

Guest Dragonseeker

Wow, there were a lot of stuff but the main ones were

1. Making my parents call me boy names up until 3rd grade. (mom said to stop)

2. When my mom called me a "tomboy" I got all excited because I thought she had called me a boy. (I didn't know what a tomboy was, I was like 7)

3. When I got an earring back stuck in my ear, mom took me to the doctor and when I saw the nurse, I thought "dang she's hot, I wanna marry her" but was disappointed when I realized I couldn't because I was a girl

4. I was always the husband or the dad when my sis and I would play house and I loved it.

5. I liked spending time more with my dad than my mom cause I understood my dad better

6. I idolized my brother and wanted to be just like him

7. When I pictured my wedding for the first time, I was looking through the eyes of the husband. When I pictured it through the wife's eyes, there was no connection whatsoever.

8. I hated girls clothing and stores. Whenever I get dragged into stores like Victoria's Secret I feel like puking.

Those were the major signs. Ive always identified as male, but didn't know there was a term for it till I was in 8th grade.

1. Do I have to play Goldilocks?? Yeah I know she's the star, but she's a girl!

2. Oh my goodness do you mean I need a bra!? ....I'll never need one!!

3. What's that? ....Tampon, ok. Wait, IT GOES WHERE?!?! *hyperventilation*

4. All of my friends: "Omg a spider/mouse/ladybug(?!)! Somebody kill it!" *sighs and wanders over*

5. Mom: Ok, stop pulling apart the ants. Little me: But it's so much fun!!

6. 'Snake!!!!' *Friends run away while I dive into the grass trying to catch it....same with frogs lol*

7. "Yeah there's like ten of us gathering at my house four hours before grad so we can get ready! Want to come?" ....um, why, exactly?

8. Getting hit in the crotch, doubling over and falling to the ground before realizing it doesn't hurt.....huh?

9. Ok, why is it suddenly important to shave your legs? You went the first twelve years of your life without doing so. It's easier not to. Really. Think about it.

10. "Would you stop being such a slob and behave like a girl?" But I'm not a-!.... oh yeah.

11. Gran: 'Come on, young lady.' Little me autoresponse: I'm NOT a lady!

12. Positive elation the first time a stranger referred to me as a boy after I got my hair cut short. (Smiling just thinking about that laugh.gif )

I sooo relate to all of these especially number 8 and 12! (phantom limb, first time i had heard someone say that i totally get what ur saying ;)

I agree with what all you guys are saying because most of us have been in the same situations!!!

:friends: My brothers

Kal

- when I used to pray to God to make me a boy.

- when I used every wish till I was 10 to be a boy.

- when I would check down there to see if a grow a you know what.

- when I had only male friends.

-when I smile when people call me a boy

-when I told everyone at a young age I was male.

Guest Call me DEAN

- I started wearing swimming shorts when going to the pool when I hit puberty

- My first reaction when I started having boobs was to hide them with scotch tape

- I almost always play guys in role-playing games, and get easily rid of girl characters

- I have to remind myself to talk and write about myself in feminine

- I love peeing in the shower because I can pee upright

- I always had a penis when it comes to sex fantasies

- I use men's deodorant cause girl's always smell like flowers and such

- I've always been jealous of guy's strenght and height

My little sister always said she has three brothers (meaning she's including me as her brother). Funny how a little child can understand things better than some adults...

• 1 month later...
Guest Strawberie

I can't really relate too much of these experiences because I love makeup, and panties and other girly things, but I should have known I was a gay transboy when:

I used to LOVE playing with fake swords and guns made of sticks! Pretending to be a warrior who waged long and bloody battles was fantastic! I also loved being the hero and rescuing everyone.

I sobbed HYSTERICALLY when I got my period because I could NOT believe that something so hne.orrible and womanly could ever happen to ME, and I called in my DAD to help me because I didn't want to be connected to my mother with this new change.

I wore baggy wool sweaters even in the summer to hide my, ugh, breasts, until the 6th grade, and bra shopping always seemed like an unnecessary chore that glorified an ugly, tumorous body part that really served no useful purpose.

I absolutely DREADED going to health class every day to learn about the female reproductive system and heterosexual sex because it disgusted and confused me. "A man puts his penis up a woman's WHAT? Why would he want that? Why would any man want that?!"

"Pregnancy is NOT beautiful or magical - it's DISTURBING." I always got yelled at for saying this and then lectured about how lucky I was that I was able to form life inside of myself; I countered this by promising my family that they had better get used to expecting a cat for a grandchild because there was no way I was going to spend months growing something inside of me only to have it brutally pushed out like some slasher film, and then waste the rest of my life on this kid who would probably hate me anyway - I was going to PARTY. On that note, why do pregnant women feel that they need to be treated like goddesses? It's not that hard to get knocked up. I'm very happy for all of them that they wanted a baby and now they're getting one, but I don't need to listen to them drone on and on about the miracle of life or how beautiful being pregnant makes them feel.

Girls used to think I was apathetic and mean in middle school because I didn't show enough (or any) interest in their vapid problems. I've learned to fake it and now they love me, but I still find how they talk endlessly about their problems exhausting. It frustrated me also because I figured if they needed to talk that much then obviously they wanted help but whenever I tried to offer a solution they always rejected my plan of action!

Whenever I saw a cute, well-dressed boy, my thoughts were usually along the lines of: "I wish I could be you, look how perfect and wonderful you are." Instead of "Gee, I wish you were my boyfriend."

Most of my family used to think I was a lesbian because I showed a little too much interest in them. I fake flirted with girls a little too often, and I cuddled up to them whenever I could - not because I wanted them, but because they fascinated me and I found them endearing.

I have never, ever wanted to have sex before (not even in my subconcious), until I learned how gay men make love to each other, which now seems incredible, as well as ideal and an equal way of expressing your feelings for another.

The first time I came across a story about a boy who fell in love with another boy it seemed strangely perfect and comforting to me - I was in the 4th grade and I had never really heard of homosexuality before, but I knew that whatever those boys felt for each other made perfect sense to me.

Guest Liam H

So many things:

-Cutting all my hair off multiple times from age 2 because I hated it looking 'girly'.

-Always wearing a 'boy's' tracksuit to primary school

-Throwing up when I changed schools and was told the uniform was a dress.

-Refusing to be called my birthname. My parents used a nickname.

-Refusing to go to formal events unless I was allowed to wear a suit.

-Toy soldiers rocked my world.

-Joining an online clan for the game Vietcong as an eight year old - they all assumed I was a guy, and I never told them otherwise. We ran together for four years across various games.

-Roleplayed/gamed/online aliased as male - even the player behind the characters lol.

-Being cast consistently in male roles in theatre, and loved it.

-Idolizing my big brother, and thinking over and over "I'm gonna grow up and be just like him."

-Running with a pack of male friends. Still get together and play paintball xD

-Making films, stories, poems, etc, from the perspective of male characters, and often with no female characters.

-Being sent to a psych at 13 and thinking "I can't tell her I'm a boy - she'll think I'm crazy."

-Being 'mistaken' for a guy several times as a kid.

-Getting male pronouns as a kid even from people who knew - friends at school, even teachers sometimes.

-Being so desperate not to have a chest I bound with tape for ages before I knew what binders were. (For the record, bad idea guys.)

-Mimicking my male friend's voices, and being peed off when I couldn't mimic a bass voice.

-Phantom limb and all.

Tons of other stuff, but that's the start.

Guest CariadsCarrot

This thread is so validating.

My mother found me cutting up my 'favourite' skirt at the age of 3 (I don't remember having any 'favourite' skirts, I hated them all)

I always fought being put in dresses and skirts

I used to tuck my hair up into hats and wish people would think I was a boy even though no one ever did.

I longed for boys clothes but I was rarely allowed anything boyish.

By the time I was allowed to choose my own clothes I settled on a tomboyish but female style (loose girls t-shirts and jeans or combats and my mother would often sit me down and lecture me about how I should wear more pretty things that accentuated my 'beautiful figure' while I sat there thinking I wanted to wear mens clothes and get rid of those horrible curves but couldn't tell her or completely defy her.

When I was 5 my mother told me I was getting a 'Paige boy' hair style to be a bridesmaid. I thought that was a proper boys cut and was really excited. Then I was absolutely shattered when I found out it was really the name of a girls style.

I always longed to have my hair cut in a boys style, so much that I asked a friend to cut it with classroom scissors at school when I was very young. My mother made me wear it really long though so I eventually took to keeping it tied back in a plat all the time.

I played in the sheriffs hut rather than the play house in the playground. When I had a play house at home it was a den Peter Pan and lost boys style rather than actually playing house in it like my little sister did.

I always preferred playing with boys stuff rather than girls stuff. My mother let me to a point but there were some things I wasn't allowed and some girls toys I was given. I liked playing with some of the girls toys but not in a very girly way. For example, I had flower fairy dolls (a bit like Barbies but fairies) and I liked cutting their hair short and making them trousers and shirts to make them into boys and then playing action games with them.

When I went out to play my mother knew I would probably come home with bruises and scrapes from climbing trees.

I didn't understand when I was a little kid and my mother told me I couldn't walk around topless like the other boys and men. She had to stop my father from doing it in the end to get me to stop coz if he was allowed then I didn't see why I wasn't. (and when she 'reminded me of it recently and told me to embarrass me not only had I not forgotten but I responded 'why on earth would that embarrass me?' after all it's perfectly normal for boys to go around topless)

I was obsessed with trying to pee standing up as a kid, then as an adult even though I hadn't accepted that I was trans I bought a 'sheewee' to finally be able to pee standing. By then I was in a wheelchair and unable to stand but I knelt on a stool in front of the toilet to use it coz I couldn't bare sitting down like a girl.

As a little kid I tried to fix my lack of boy parts with various home made prosthetics. When I told a close friend about one of these attempts to fix one of them to myself she commented 'ouch that must have been so painful!' but all I remember was the desperation of needing to make it work and not being able to.

As soon as my chest started developing I detested it and tried to hide it by starting to wear baggier clothes.

I hated wearing a bra until I found sports bras that flattened things out as much as possible and from that moment the only time I ever wore a proper bra again was when my ex-husband demanded that I did.

I developed an eating disorder when my body started developing because I hated the female curves so much. I tried both loosing and gaining weight but neither could get rid of them.

I don't know if I fully believed that I would start having periods and when I first did I couldn't stop shaking and fighting back the tears for hours. My best friend at the time got really mad when she found out by mistake that I'd started but I just couldn't admit that horrible thing had happened to me. I still don't understand why women insist on talking about their periods. I'd rather die than admit to that I had them.

When my periods mysteriously stopped I was secretly so happy that I haven't been able to bring myself to be too worried. My partner made me go to the doctor for tests but I never even phoned them back for the results coz I don't want them to 'cure' me. (I know that's SO irresponsible and not what I'd advise anyone else to do)

Girl talk and female friendships always mystified and frustrated me. I preferred having boys for friends when I could. I often got in trouble as a kid for solving arguments like a boy rather than putting up with stupid girly bickering and all the pathetic making friends/breaking friends thing that girls do.

I loved boy gadgets like pen knives and tools.

As a teenager I went somewhere no one knew me and when someone asked my name I said it was Ben. I spent every weekend for the next couple of years going there to be Ben.

I always preferred male toiletries like men's deodorants and stuff.

When I first read about someone binding their chest I desperately wanted to do it even though the book I read it in was about these twin girls who were twisted, mentally ill killers and them binding was put across as another proof that they were psycho and perverted.

I got to the point of chest dysphoria that I used to pray to have breast cancer so that I could have them removed.

In sexual fantasies I almost always saw myself with a male body.

I really struggled with certain female words like 'woman' or 'lesbian'. I have found that I can handle these words far easier now that I'm accepting myself as a man and not trying to confine myself into a female role.

Although I was brought up with the expectation that I would grow up to be a wife and mother I never wanted either of those things and the thought of having a baby terrified me even though I loved children. It was only when I became a parent that I realized that it's because I have a natural PATERNAL instinct not MATERNAL.

I was always a natural gentleman, wanting to protect and act chivalrously toward women.

My partner tells me how totally male I act and think.

There's probably many more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head

Gabe

Guest Lucian1549

-Instead of playing dollhouse with my barbies, I hacked off their hair and made them soldiers. The battles were interesting.

-For my entire childhood, I always preferred to wear a pair of cargo shorts that I kinda-sorta stole from one of my guy friends (he left them at my house, and I 'forgot' to return them XD) I still prefer cargo and basketball shorts over regular pants.

-I basically lived in a tree. I loved climbing trees, so my guy friend and I would constantly climb them. I always was incredibly jealous of how he had so much arm strength while I could never build up any no matter how hard I tried.

-I would often wander to a little pond by my house and hunt for crayfish and salamanders. Once, I saw a black rat snake that was four feet long holding a dead fish. I tackled the snake, grabbed the mauled and bloody fish, and used it to bait the snake in an attempt to catch it.

-I loved (and love) to play Kill the Carrier. For those of you who don't know what that it, it's a no-holds-barred, ruleless version of football where the goal is to wrestle the football from one person, the carrier.

-I would often hang around with guys, and we would pretend we were Jedi FBI agents who worked for Captain Kirk (It's fairly obvious what our favourite things were at the time XD)

-In chorus (a mandatory class in my school system), I'd always sneak over to the guys side and pretend I was a tenor. I almost passed, until I accidentally sang a soprano line perfectly.

-I always was overjoyed when people called me 'sir'.

-When my chest started to develop, I panicked, and began binding with ace bandages in hopes that it'd stop growing (Needless to say, that gave me little more than major rib problems)

-I refused to wear normal bras, always wearing sports bras since they made my chest look flatter at first (Now at a DD cup, that sadly doesn't work anymore).

-I always went swimming in guys trunks and rash guards (I have mild albinism, so wearing any less than that is a no-no)

-For school band concerts (I'm first flutist, oh yeah!), I always wore a full suit (complete with a bow tie, because bow ties are awesome). My band teacher actually thought I was a guy once or twice.

-To every year book picture, I always wore a button down shirt, slacks, and a tie.

-I went as a guy to my school dance. Nobody recognised me, and I got kicked out after 20 minutes, but I got called 'sir' all the time.

-I had a complete meltdown when I got my period. I still can't figure out how my female friends are constantly talking about theirs so nonchalantly.

-I always play on the guys team in gym. I can play just as well as any of them, and even a better than a few of them.

-I always get frustrated when a guy can do something I can't because of my female body (such as doing pull-ups. I've been working arm strength for over a month now, and can't do a single pull-up. Every guy I know can do six at minimum).

-I refuse to let my hair grow long. Mother tried to make me grow it out once. She hadn't realised that I knew how to cut hair nicely, thanks to my babysitter being a hairdresser.

-I always preferred all the guyly stuff; shounen manga, gory books, rather violent (by Mum's standards) video games (Assassin's Creed is awesome!), sports (preferably playing, not watching), etc. I tend to detest anything girly (except long skirts. I love long, sweeping skirts that drag on the floor behind you. Yes, weird obsession, I know)

-I always asked people to call me by the guy form of my name.

Wow, longer list than I had expected XD I'm really rather shocked my parents didn't realise a single thing throughout my life, considering how guyish I was when I was a little kid.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jooles

I am new to this forum and have been reading lots of stuff over the last few days.Reading this topic has been so amazing.To see how others have felt the same as me. I will give the topic some thought and post mine over the next few days. Wasn't sure where to say "hi" but felt this was a good topic to do so in.

Guest CariadsCarrot

Hi Jools. Welcome to Laura's.

I'm glad you found this thread validating. I did when I read it too. I'd always felt very alone and like I was some kind of freak or deviant for these things and to come and find that I'm just a perfectly normal transguy and others have been so similar to me was such a relief.

I hope you'll post an introduction thread soon so we can get to know you a bit and welcome you properly.

Gabe

Guest Varick

Penis envy, definitely

Never had any ‘girlfriends’. Honestly, I don’t think I’ve ever really grasped the concept.

Always hated being called miss.

I’ve always been told I shop like a man. (“Yeah, and?”)

Had this one little game app that took a picture and labeled it by age and gender. Loved it when it identified me as a boy.

Seeing a scrumptious guy walking down the street and thinking, “Pity he’s probably straight.”

One time when I was at girl’s camp we started singing and I went into the tenor part, and was utterly thrilled when the girls all freaked out because they thought there was a boy around! Rofl

Had this recurring fantasy about cutting up my chest so bad the emergency room doctors would have to perform a mastectomy. (No worries, I’m seeing a good counselor.)

Haven't written a female character into any of my fiction is absolutely ages.

It’s so hard for me to dress because my chest is so huge, but I hate people thinking I’m butch - I’m not, I’m so prissy - so I go back and forth between femmy and tomboyish.

Guest dinosaw

-when i was in day care when we had "nap time" i would lay on my fist and stick out my pinkie finger so that it looked like I had a penis

-when i was younger at home we had these stepping stones and i would step on each one and say "boy, girl, boy, girl".. and if the last stone i landed on was "boy" it meant i was a boy and vice versa. i figured out how to make it land on boy every time after a while.

-i told my younger brother that some girls did have a penis and that i was one of them.

-when i started going to school my friend and i went into the male toilets at school for fun and when i realised where the urinal was, i always entered the girls toilets that way so that it looked like i was going to the "urinal" to other boys. when they were upgrading our school i used to always wish that they would make the toilets wrong and accidentally make two male toilets

-i used to always feel upset/angry/i really dont know what the feeling was but it wasnt nice.. when i was told to be a girl character in a make-believe-game. in my head i was just pretend that i was really a boy character but not tell my friend because i would seem weird wanting to be a boy.

-there were a few times where i tried to pee standing up but it was something i was always thinking about.

-i used always try and ask god.. "why didnt you let us chose whether we wanted to be a boy or a girl before we got born, because i would have chosen boy".

Guest Jooles

Thanks for the welcome Cariad's Carrot. I will be writing an introduction later today . Off the top of my head , here are a few points to add to this thread:

1. Always identified with men and tried to dress/behave like my heroes. Never identified with any famous women . Always chose to go to fancy dress as men.

2. Have more of a "male" sense of humour. Used to sit with my husband on the sofa watching "Men Behaving Badly" and would think we were them!

3. Always felt overjoyed when mistaken for male.

4. People tell me I talk like a man i.e. am very direct.

5. Hate being called "love, Miss and esp Mrs!". Makes me so angry.

6. Preferring to play with boys as a kid and loving outdoor pursuits like climbing trees. Never played with dolls.

7. Except(!) when I had a moveable Cindy and then I cut her hair really short!

8. Always preferred to sing male songs and tried to deepen my voice to accommodate this.

9. Being really upset cos I wanted to look good in a suit but that was spoilt by my female shape.

10 .Frustated at not having arm muscles.

11. Get really annoyed listening to girls/women cos I dont like the two faced bitchiness and game playing. Much prefer the company of men.

12. Cut my own hair short and still do. I love quiffs!

I am sure there are many more points but these are just a few that I recognised in here.Maybe the funniest one is that when I was 19 I sent a Valentine's card to my hero ( Roger from Queen) with a Bowie quote "I will be king and you will be my Queen!"... that was a long time ago and I have finally just had my first G.I.C. appointment and hope to go on testosterone in about 5 month's time( still feels like an eternity) but I think once you have made your mind up that's it!

Guest JesseD

Long before I ever had any thoughts about my gender-- As a little kid I would steal the thin disposable gloves from my mother's hair dying kits, and in the shower, I would poke a tiny hole in one of the fingers, hold the other fingers back, and pee through the glove as though it were my penis. I always felt SUPREMELY guilty about this afterward, but in the moment it was the most exciting/neat thing. It wasn't until I was an adult that I looked back on those memories and went "...Ooooh."

Guest 101remington7

I ran around the house shirtless shouting that I was the king of the jungle.

'WHY AM I BLEEDING!?' *faints*

'I have a friend who had to get her breasts removed because she had cancer'

'LUCKY!!'

Watched hockey 24/7

I played the father in house

I peed standing up

Wanted to vomit when my mom made me shop for bras

'This shirt is too tight...I want that one!' *ran to the boys section.*

'Why would you want to shave your legs?'

Started to practice lowering my voice.

Guest Landon_Alex

1. When I was younger, I sneak off the the men's bathroom when I could, no matter where I was (school, stores, etc.), and the few times I succeeded, I attempted to pee standing up, using the urinals, not the toilets. Awkward... Luckily, I never got caught. By my parents, at least... *facepalm*

2. When playing house with my friends that were girls, I was always the dad. I was mostly just happy that I got to be called 'Mister' at my 'job'.

3. I used to sneak my brother's clothes and underwear and try them on.

4. Always wanted to be the 'Prince Charming' is those corny Disney movies.

5. Always felt awkward in P.E. when the boy's were told to go sit on the left, and the girl's were told to sit on the right. I wanted to be on the left, desperately.

Can't really think of anymore at the moment. :P

Guest Bass Dragon

-Idolized my father and copied everything he did when we spent time together.

-I'm told that as a toddler, I was constantly trying to lift my grandparents up off the ground.

-Watched Grandpa clean up in the morning as a toddler and emulated him too. When my mom found me she couldn't figure out why my hair was wet.

-The boy I played with in Kindergarten got angry when I would do things "only the daddy does" when we played house.

-Wanted to spend recess playing basketball with the boys.

-Tried packing several times when I was six but my Mom made me stop. <_<

-Kept asking the neighbor girl, "Don't you wish you were a boy?"

-One of my favorite movies was "A Goofy Movie." I always fancied I would be like Max when I was older lol.

-I refused to change openly in the locker room in the first year of gym <seventh grade> for a good seven months. I locked myself in the bathroom stall to change my clothes where nobody could see me shirtless. The idea horrified me. Even when I started to change at my gym locker, I did the rapid-shirt-change.

-Bleeding...things...have always been mortifying and I have never understood why it's so *exciting*.

-When my chest didn't stop growing I began to have a real problem with that. Mom taking me bra shopping was always horrifically humiliating.

-I wanted cargo pants so desperately ever since I was twelve years old. Boys cargos pants. But never could get the nerve to ask for boys clothes and it depressed the heck out of me.

-Mom wanted me to dress more feminine in high school and I flat refused even though I was supressing the boy at the time. She couldn't get me out of t-shirts and jeans.

-When I was in Jr. High and High School, I always imagined in my head that my shoulder-length hair looked much more guyish than it really did.

-I had one Barbie and one Ken. I played with each once, then went back to my action figures and organizing my Pokemon card collection in new ways.

-When I was a child and my dad was sent to another country for a year <Air Force> and my mother, sister, and I stayed in the States, I didn't understand why he didn't ask me to be "the man of the house."