• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Quotes That Are Motivational

Guest JAB

I am not sure if this is right topic to make this post in but if it is not can it be moved for me please??

Anyways I am a quote junkie.. I enjoy quotes and somethings feel short quotes can prove more powerful and motivating then then paragraphs and even chapters. Sometimes the least amount of words used the more it makes sense to me.

I spend a lot of time reading and reasearching all kind of things but quotes is one I do almost daily... So I figured I would start a thread here and add some of the more motivating and helpful ones I come across during my daily venture to find more that I can somehow relate to or find useful.. They hep sometimes pull through hard hours for me so hopefully they can others as well.. it is my hope at least...

I will add more from time to time but I am curious what quotes do ya'll find to be beneficial with dealing with lifes confusion and frustration? Feel free to share them

1. Not until we show our best side to all Living Species shall we know Peace Ourselves.

david tomkinson 1945

2. obstacles do no exist to be surrendered to only to be broken

3. Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival.

C. S. Lewis

4. You have to go through the rain to get to the rainbow

5. The only way to get the fruit is to go out on a limb

6. When you do things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all

7. Beauty is worse than wine, it intoxicates the holder and beholder.

8. The traveller's eye-view of men and women is not satisfying. A man might spend his life in trains and restaurants and know nothing of humanity at the end. To know, one must be an actor as well as a spectator.

9. You can have everything in life you want... if you'll just help enough people to get what they want.

Zig Zigiar

10. If you bribng forth what is within you,

what you bring forth will save you.

If you do not bring forth what is within you,

what you do not bring forth will destroy you

11. Any life is made up of a single moment, the moment in which a man finds out, once and for all, who he is.

Jorge Luis Borges

12. It is in the darkest hours, the eyes can begin to see.

13. Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Dr. Seuss

14. Those who say something can't be done are nto qualified to interfere with those who are doing it.

15. Resentment is the same as swallowing posion and expecting the other person to be the one to to suffer the violent death... it doesnt work..

a few more..

1. Reach for the stars, or youll never touch the sky.

2. True friendship is like sound health, the value of it is seldom known until it be lost.

Charles Caleb Colton

3. A friend is one who walks in when others walk out.

Walter Winchell

4. Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.

Goethe

5. If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them.

6. How lucky I am to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye to.

7. To the world you are someone, but to someone you are the world.

8. You can’t see the future through a rearview mirror.

9. For me, insanity is super-sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.

Jean Dubuffet

10. Great minds think for themselves.

11. Prejudice, not being founded on reason, cannot be removed by argument.

Samuel Johnson

12. Sometimes I feel discriminated against but it does not make me angry. It merely astonishes me. HOw can any deny themselves the pleasure of my company? It's beyond me.

Zora Neale Hurston

13. Pain is ever present, but never ever lasting.

14. Knowledge is knowing something, wisdom is knowing what to do with that knowledge.

15. The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present. - Barbara De Angelis

• Root Admin

Some good quotes there!

Favourites gotta be 3, 5 & 7, but 8 certainly made me smile!

Some additions to your excellent list.

1.True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it be lost.

2.Everything is possible. The impossible just takes longer.

3.If you don't know where your going you'll never get there.

4.Opportunities multiply as they are seized.

5.Pain is ever present, but never ever lasting.

6.Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you will still be among the stars.

7.The best friends you will ever have are the ones who are there when everything is not perfect.

8.The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; the glass is twice as big as it should be.

9.Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

Good ones..Alicia.. here are some more for today..

1. There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self.

2. Man approaches the unattainable truth through a succession of errors

3. Experience is not what happens to a person, it is what a person does with what happens to them.

4. Being unsure of one's self worth is tantamount to a 'criminal' offence against the perpetrator of such thoughts!

5. True hope dwells on the possible, even when life seems to be a plot written by someone who wants to see how much adversity we can overcome.

Walter Anderson

6. Hope is the thing with feathers,

That perches in the soul,

And sings the tune without the words,

And never stops..at all..

Emily Dickinson

7. It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

Robert H. Goddard

8. We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

9. The question in life is not whether you get knocked down. You will. The question is, are you ready to get back up... And fight for what you believe in?

Dan Quayle

10. A man of character finds a special attractiveness in difficulty, since it is only by coming to grips with difficulty that he can realize his potentialities.

Charles de Gaulle

11. Real life isn't always going to be perfect or go our way, but the recurring acknowledgement of what is working in our lives can help us not only to survive but surmount our difficulties.

Sarah Ban Breathnach

12. The true way to soften one's troubles is to solace those of others.

Madame De Maintenon

13. Kites rise against, not with the wind. No man has ever worked his passage anywhere in a dead calm.

John Neal

14. Friendship is a single soul dwelling in two bodies.

Aristotle

15. Tolerance and celebration of individual differences is the fire that fuels lasting love.

few more

1. Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.

Menander

2. Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.

Aristotle

3. Change and growth take place when a person has risked himself and dares to become involved with experimenting with his own life.

Herbert Otto

4. Exert your talents, and distinguish yourself, and don't think of retiring from the world, until the world will be sorry that you retire.

Samuel Johnson

5. It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

Theodore Roosevelt

6. Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.

William Shakespeare

7. One who fears failure limits his activities.

Failure is only the opportunity to more

intelligently begin again.

Henry Ford

8. What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?

Vincent van Gogh

9 Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.

Leon J. Suenes

10. Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.

Lanston Hughes

11. When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Helen Keller

12. Knowing is not enough; we must apply.

Willing is not enough; we must do.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

13. The boundaries which divide life from death

are at best shadowy and vague.

Who shall say where one ends,

and the other begins?

Edgar Alan Poe

14. The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.

Arthur C. Clarke

15. Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.

Samuel Johnson

Guest Sarah M

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade... unfortunately life doesn't provide you with sugar so enjoy your lemon juice. It'll go great with the cracked glass life threw at you earlier.

Life is like a box of chocolates; you'll never know which one will make your throat swell up.

"All excess is ill, but drunkenness is of the worst sort. It spoils health, dismounts the mind, and unmans men. It reveals secrets, is quarrelsome, lascivious, impudent, dangerous and mad. He that is drunk is not a man, because he is, for so long, void of reason that distinguishes a man from a beast."

William Penn

Guest kathy sue
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade... unfortunately life doesn't provide you with sugar so enjoy your lemon juice. It'll go great with the cracked glass life threw at you earlier.

Life is like a box of chocolates; you'll never know which one will make your throat swell up.

thanks sarah that chocolate quote really made my day

A couple more.

Life is like riding a bicycle. You don't fall off unless you stop peddling.

Life is not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain.

Well, I'm not sure I would call them 'inspirational', but here are two of my favorites.

“Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood.” - Marie Curie

"A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still." - Author Unknown

-Blake

Like Blake, I'm not sure if these are really inspirational, but they are my favorites.

"Victory belongs to the most persevering." ~ Napoleon

"If Mormons do not like my plays, let them write their own. If the Irish hate my Dublin stories, let them rent typewriters. If teachers and grammar school editors find my jawbreaker sentences shatter their mushmilk teeth, let them eat stale cake dunked in weak tea of their own ungodly manufacture. " ~Ray Bradbury

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security deserves neither and loses both." ~paraphrased variant of a quote by Benjamin Franklin.

"One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

A few more, sorry if any are repeats.

Just get up one more time then you are knocked down.

Accept nothing, challenge everything.

Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'.

Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Don't let the chains of the world keep you down. Cast them off, and be free to fly.

when life gives you bread & butter......... and ham, and tomatoes, and pikles, an......

make a sandwhich

when youve reached the bottom of the glass

fill it up again

my driving not bad... its the idiot behind me

Guest gwenthlian

Life is like a library owned by the author.

In it are a few books which he wrote himself,

but most of them were written for him.

Harry Emerson Fosdick

As I grow to understand life less and less,

I learn to love it more and more.

Jules Renard

Our waking hours form the text of our lives, our dreams, the commentary.

Anonymous

Not sure if this is really motivational or not, but

"It is better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not"

I love that one.. thank you for sharing it

"It is better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not"

I love that so much.

Another one:

If you want a rainbow you gotta put up with the rain.

Where do you all find these?