• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Urinating Standing Up

Guest Sergei

Ok, this is something I have been wondering for a while, and again like the discussion about packing everybodies opinions seem to vary a lot!

I'm very proud of the fact that I have mastered the art of standing up to urinate using the products from Mango. I even use the urinal now and again. Usually if I'm somewhere quiet. I still tend to avoid it in busy areas, but I know a lot of cisgender men who do this as well, so I feel no shame. The thing is now I'm starting to want to use it more and more at the urinal now I'm gaining so much confidence.

My question, to everybody is exactly how cisgender men do it? What I mean by this, is when you urinate at the urinal do you, undo your belt, and the buttons on your trouser as well as your zip? I feel I have to do this to allow me the room to manouver. I know you are all probably going to think well look and work it out for yourself, but I think this would be a bit dangerous. So I'd rather hear some opinions here. Thanks.

Guest Sakura_Stingray

hello...i have seen some men do the full unzip, unbuckle, unbutton, and pull their pants slightly down when they pee but those are people who have been doin it thhat way since children and probobly have no shame of their "size"....most men however only unzip their pants, pull their lizzard out through their boxer,briefs and go....im one of the people who finds an open toilet and run to it....i dont sit down on public toilets because in the mens bathroom theirs dried pee marks or wet pee marks on the seat which are nasty..ummmm...in your case you could train yourself for only the unzipping part...though i woould imagine it would be veerryyy messy if its not done right....

i dont know anything els i could add except be who you are....if you are afraid of being accused freak or anything it would be best to not try....the guys i know remember the faces of people who mess up or do dumb things and never let them hear the end of it

Last night I went out, because it was my friend's birthday. There were about 20 of us, and we all went to a resturant for a meal. I had a few cans before I went as I usually do. It's cheaper if you get a bit drunk before you go out. So anyway, I had to go to the toilet twice during the meal. The first time I went to go to the toilet, and one of my cisgender male friends came at the same time. When we got into the mens bathroom he went into the cubicle, and I went at the urinal, and I was actually able to go. Then it happened the second time I went as well, but this time with a different cisgender man who is also one of my friends. He also went into the cubicle whilst I used the urinal. You can imagine how great it made me feel, knowing that I have more confidence than a lot of cisgender males. :D

Guest lonewolf
Ok, this is something I have been wondering for a while, and again like the discussion about packing everybodies opinions seem to vary a lot!

I'm very proud of the fact that I have mastered the art of standing up to urinate using the products from Mango. I even use the urinal now and again. Usually if I'm somewhere quiet. I still tend to avoid it in busy areas, but I know a lot of cisgender men who do this as well, so I feel no shame. The thing is now I'm starting to want to use it more and more at the urinal now I'm gaining so much confidence.

My question, to everybody is exactly how cisgender men do it? What I mean by this, is when you urinate at the urinal do you, undo your belt, and the buttons on your trouser as well as your zip? I feel I have to do this to allow me the room to manouver. I know you are all probably going to think well look and work it out for yourself, but I think this would be a bit dangerous. So I'd rather hear some opinions here. Thanks.

I have been using the Mango for about 4 years now and I still undo everything to pee and have had no problems usining a urnial even in the busiest restrooms. I generaly try not to pay attention to others but I have seen some gentic males do this as well. So some one thinks you are holding you "testicles" some genitic males have to do this for medical reasons. The unspoken rule in the restroom is not to look around or risk injury so likely hood of someone noticing and saying anything is very slim.

Guest Rika-chama

That's awesome that you are gaining the confidence to go to the urinal. I hope one day I can get something to help me pee standing up. :D and that's funny that all your cisgender friends had to use the stall when you could use the urinal :lol:

Ni-paa~

I dont hvae this problem as i have to use disabled toilets. So i have no idea how you could get the confidence to use urinals!! So thats kool that you have confidence to do that :)

MB

Guest Michelle M

Not trying to hijack, but the subject of peeing while standing up reminded me of something recent. A victory I had over my mom. (She's still a bit doubtful of me being trans.)

Mom: (Noticing toilet seat is always down) Hey, have you been putting the toilet seat up when you pee?

Me: No, why would I do that?

Mom: You know, when you pee standing up, you don't want to get it all over the seat that I have to sit on.

Me: I don't pee standing up. That's what boys do.

Mom: :huh:

:lol:

Anyway back on topic. Sergei; I think that might have happened because something I've noticed with many men/urinals (In the 26 years I was male) is that they'll only stand directly next to another man to use an adjacent urinal as a last resort. It might be a politeness thing, an insecurity thing, or a homophobia thing. They'd much rather use a urinal that's one space away or the stall. That is my personal experience with it anyway.

Guest Just_Call_Me_Nick

Forgive me but I mean no disrespect what so ever in my questions in this. However I am curious about the whole thing…again please know I mean no disrespect…

Do you feel less of a man by not using the urinals? Does using the urinals make you feel more of a man?

I read about how we as the people typecast the bathrooms at a very young age…boy’s bathroom and girl’s bathroom…already as a youngster confusing that we have to be one way or another…

So I get confused that the urinal has already placed it in our heads in the whole beginning that it’s for men…and men only and that you are not a man unless you pee standing up.

For I disagree with this…my father peed sitting down as long as I could remember…it was personal choice for him…yes he did not let anyone know it for of course the other men would tease him…however he is not wanting to be a female…nor is he gay…he prefers to sit…simple as that…but I see him no less of man for doing this…nor should he right?

I am transgender I live as a man…but to me doing things that are normally typecast as “male” just don’t seem right…defeating the whole purpose of thinking. On what’s male and what’s female…I am just me…a male.

What I do doesn’t make me a man…does it?

So I am just curious is all…and wanted to ask…give views from everyone else…

Again no disrespect….

Nick~

What I do doesn’t make me a man…does it?

You make a very good point Nick. The reason I prefer to stand up when going to the toilet is not nessesarily because I feel it makes me more of a man, I've explained in many places on this forum before what sort of man I consider myself, and it certainly isn't a manly one, or a conventional one. I just always felt that from a young age I should have been able to urinate standing up, which obviously I couldn't because of the biological body I was born with. But to me standing feels the right and natural way to do it, not particularly because I am a man, just because I am me. If a man, cis or trans feels that sitting i the right way for him, then that is because he is just him. The reason I started this discussion in the first place was in no way because I was trying to state that a man, cis or trans that sits down to urinate is less of a man. I was merely trying to learn about the male anatomy, and the way in which it works, so that I can look as natural as possible when I do stand up to urinate. The reason I preferably would like to use the urinal again is not particularly because I think any man that doesn't is less of a man. It's just a preference for me, and that was why I wanted this advice.

Guest Just_Call_Me_Nick

Oh I understand that its a prefrence I am not questioning your posting...I was just curious on how others percieved things as being "male" or "female" typecasting.

Do some people do certain things in life because this is what a "man" or "woman" does type of thing...

Like my father he too preferred to sit rather then stand...but since my father has done this and was ashamed of anyone else finding out that he does sit...fear of being teased about being a "girl" I am left curious on how many may fear of being a certain way becuase it doesn't fit into the "rule book" or something.

I noticed your posting here and it made my mind begin to wonder....

I go back to the days when my mum laid out a barbie doll and a tunka truck...each time I reached for the truck my hand was struck with stiff words "No that is for boys" right then I felt something was the matter with "things"

So I ask myself later does playing with the truck make me more of a man or less of a man if I play with barbie?

To me it seems we have been pushed to be a certain way/or think a certain way right from birth...even after you are born you either have a blue jumper or a pink one...it goes from there...

My friend and I discussed using urinals before...and I asked the same question to him. He said "yes it makes me more of a man to use one."..and I just didn't understand that. So I was curious if you Sergei or anyone else done or do something because there are certain "rules" to go by either as a "man" or "woman".

I struggle each day trying to get rid of the typecasts of the "male" or "female" roles in life that have been placed in my head since birth...I am curious if others do so as well? Cause though I am a male...I kinda like playing with the Barbie... :P Well the Barbie is always driving the truck though...

Each day I must hear someone say to me..."you can't do that!" "A man doesn't do that!" and as a man myself...I say they do...this man does...

Nick~

Each day I must hear someone say to me..."you can't do that!" "A man doesn't do that!" and as a man myself...I say they do...this man does...

Nick~

that's a good way of looking at it. all our lives we've been forced into stereotypes we hate. well, what if we hate the other stereotypes also? men and boys can do "feminine things" and still be just as much of a man as the monster truck loving, beer chugging man down the street. if you are a man then you are a man. end of story. (i don't mean physically cause obviously that's not true)

Drew

Guest GoldenKirbichu

I just want to do it because it's something that I see as a milestone. I don't HAVE to... but it means that on some level I've conquered a social boundary. Granted, it's a flimsy one, and not one I personally advise everyone to follow, but it's one I feel that I want to follow because it makes me comfortable.

No, it does not make me any less of a man if I do not pee standing up or if I use either bathroom. However it makes me feel like more of a male to do things that are perceived as male activities. I completely agree with you, that a lot of us were raised in a sterotypical fashion. But I think that is somethign that we just have to move past as we continue to mature.

At the end of the day, I just enjoy standing up to urinate. It's quicker, easier, and in most male bathrooms that are not always that pleasant, it is more hygenic. The reason I want to use the urinal so badly is again because it is just quicker and easier. Safty is the main reason I'm so interested in how bioguys do it, because I don't want to draw negative attention to myself by doing it in an obviously different way. I'm the most effeminate man ever, and I enjoy being an effeminate man. So then you could ask me do you feel less effeminate because you use the urinal, and stereotypically perhaps an effeminate man wouldn't. But know, I'm a gay effeminate man, and I just like using the urinal because that is the way I feel most natural to me.

much like kaos, i look forward to the peeing while standing deal too.

i remember in elementary school trying really hard to figure out why i couldnt go into the boys bathroom. the day i actually got to go inside i saw the urinals and thought - :huh: - oooOooo and couldnt for the life of me figure out how i was supposed to sit on there. then realizing bio boys were different and could stand i just got jealous and have been that ever since.

and lets not talk about when sex started to happen and me not being properly equipped :angry: ...sheesh!

lately i started to realize that peeing while sitting just makes me feel awkward and makes the whole evacuating experience a lot longer than id like.

im not a ubber masculine dude either Sergei. i guess i just wanna stand - get in - get out - and dude, lets go.

rae

much like kaos, i look forward to the peeing while standing deal too.

i remember in elementary school trying really hard to figure out why i couldnt go into the boys bathroom. the day i actually got to go inside i saw the urinals and thought - :huh: - oooOooo and couldnt for the life of me figure out how i was supposed to sit on there. then realizing bio boys were different and could stand i just got jealous and have been that ever since.

and lets not talk about when sex started to happen and me not being properly equipped :angry: ...sheesh!

lately i started to realize that peeing while sitting just makes me feel awkward and makes the whole evacuating experience a lot longer than id like.

im not a ubber masculine dude either Sergei. i guess i just wanna stand - get in - get out - and dude, lets go.

rae

Mate, the more you do it, the easier it gets. I don't even really care. If a bio-male even noticed I was doing something slightly different than him at the urinal now, and he dared to ask, I'd just tell him "I'm trans!" What's he going to do? Nobody has the right to discriminate against me! I am a man. If any bio male has a problem with way I go about being a man, then that is his problem. Not mine!!! I feel very strongly about that. xx

Mate, the more you do it, the easier it gets. I don't even really care. If a bio-male even noticed I was doing something slightly different than him at the urinal now, and he dared to ask, I'd just tell him "I'm trans!" What's he going to do? Nobody has the right to discriminate against me! I am a man. If any bio male has a problem with way I go about being a man, then that is his problem. Not mine!!! I feel very strongly about that. xx

That's a great attitude that you have there Sergei

Guest Rika-chama
Anyway back on topic. Sergei; I think that might have happened because something I've noticed with many men/urinals (In the 26 years I was male) is that they'll only stand directly next to another man to use an adjacent urinal as a last resort. It might be a politeness thing, an insecurity thing, or a homophobia thing. They'd much rather use a urinal that's one space away or the stall. That is my personal experience with it anyway.

That's weird because all the guys I know purposfully try to stand next to other guys at the urinal :lol::lol::lol:

Ni-paa~

• 3 weeks later...
Guest harvester52

However much I'd like to use the urinal, I do still sit. I don't have a stand-to-pee device as I don't have the money for such right now. Hell, my binder consists of a scarf and an ace bandage (don't ask how I make that work -- but trust me, it gets the job done.) I'm envious of y'all who have enough money to help your transition along.

Guest raedub
However much I'd like to use the urinal, I do still sit. I don't have a stand-to-pee device as I don't have the money for such right now. Hell, my binder consists of a scarf and an ace bandage (don't ask how I make that work -- but trust me, it gets the job done.) I'm envious of y'all who have enough money to help your transition along.

I didnt pay for my current stp device. Im using the whole children's medicine spoon dealy. I got one from the pharmacy..the nice lady behind the counter gave me two for free. *smile* and it works too.

hrm.. ive noticed though in some people's home bathrooms.. the mirror shows lower than the waist.. and i get pee shy even though its ME in the mirror.. IS THAT STRANGE? :blush:

-ray

Guest Ryles_D

I really doubt I'll ever be transitioned enough to use a urinal. I don't want to accidentally see the other guys' parts and I'm too much of a prude anyways. Figured out how to change shirts without actually taking one off for dressing rooms and such.

Well, I'm impressed with that way of binding. Does it get hot at all? I got an actual binder, it works, but it's itchy so I have to wear a shirt under it too- gets pretty warm sometimes and I'm dreading summer.

Guest Sergei
I really doubt I'll ever be transitioned enough to use a urinal. I don't want to accidentally see the other guys' parts and I'm too much of a prude anyways.

I have recently started talking to a lot more bioguys about toilets, and have discovered that quite a lot of them are actually extremely uncomfortable using the urinal. A lot of bioguys are extremely conscious about using the urinal.