• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Guest Jean Davis

Guest Jean Davis

Well it came out on disk today. :D

I'm darn glad I didn't go and see it in the theater, I would have spent way too much money seeing it over and over and over in the theater. :lol:

It is definately one of those movies that you get sucked right in, I watched it twice already and am thinking about watching it again before I have to return it to the rental place. ;)

It's a must see in my book. :D

LUV

Jean

Guest KellyKat

It's been on my wishlist. Probably get it tomorrow. I'm a buyer - not a renter. Just bought Ninja Assassin and Sherlock Holmes when they hit the shelves. I love special features, and behind the scenes. I'll watch those almost as much as the movie. lol

I haven't seen any of Avitar but the previews. Good to know it's worth the wait.

Luv Kat

Guest micralla

Were I work we sell dvd's and within the first hour of the store opening we sold over 13 hundred copies on dvd and over 300 copies of bluray's. Got mine and have not seen it yet will probably have to wait until Sunday.

Jessie

• Admin

Movie tickets - $11

Nachos and Cheese and a small Coke - $9.50

Sharing the experience with 200 others and being transported to a planet 100 light years away - priceless!

Yes, I'll buy the DVD, but I'm glad I saw it in the theater. It was an "experience."

Carolyn Marie

Yeah it was pretty awesome. That, District 9 and How to train your dragon my my top list of movies.

Guest April63

Not to be the downer, but I didn't like Avatar. It's a cool story, but the film is horribly written. It's waaaayyyy toooo longggggggg in my opinion. It feels like it's going to end three times before it actually does. The plot is somewhat hidden, and it takes a while to figure out what it is. I guess it's just too drawn out and not direct enough. But I really like the Na'vi, and it does have a good, inspirational message.

Guest Melanieshaman
Not to be the downer, but I didn't like Avatar. It's a cool story, but the film is horribly written. It's waaaayyyy toooo longggggggg in my opinion. It feels like it's going to end three times before it actually does. The plot is somewhat hidden, and it takes a while to figure out what it is. I guess it's just too drawn out and not direct enough. But I really like the Na'vi, and it does have a good, inspirational message.

I haven't seen it, i'm sure i will rent it on "on demand", but from what i have been told, i have "seen" it before...It was called "Dances with Wolves".

Melanie

I've seen this dances with wolves and pocahantas arguement many times and all I can say is. Yeah that's true but really how many movies can you name that are really original. It's all been done before, only difference here was it was mesmerizing due to the graphics.

Just got done watching it - just amazing! I have such a fear of heights that a stepstool is a challenge. But I love movies where you can fly - my wings are tired tho.

So every plot in the world has been done several times. Just sit back and enjoy the show - it's entertainment!

Love, Kat

Guest D.V. Faust

I'm the "I still haven't seen Avatar" minority, and given that I'm not at all into sci-fi (and that it doesn't catch my interest), I'll probably never watch it.

Guest miss kindheart

It looks like a super movie :D

I was thinking about buying it, but then I'd have to by a dvd player :unsure:

Maybe i'll wait for the book to come out :lol:

No wait iI think my sons Xbox will play it :P

:wub: vanna

Guest 91curiouskitten

Seen it, loved it, it was amazing how much thought about realism was put into it, I mean even adaptions and survivor skills were put in line, such as the blue guys I dont know how to spell it, They are nocturnal, since they are most active at night type thing, and their skin is a light blue, allowing them to blend in with the shade of the tress and such, and especially at night they blend in, and the lights on their face give them even mroe fo a chance to bledn nd in with the phospherescant plants, ad altogether a loved movie, still not ym fav though

Guest KellyKat
Movie tickets - $11

Nachos and Cheese and a small Coke - $9.50

Sharing the experience with 200 others and being transported to a planet 100 light years away - priceless!

Yes, I'll buy the DVD, but I'm glad I saw it in the theater. It was an "experience."

Carolyn Marie

Sorry Carolyn, I hate crowds. Although I did see Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince when it first came out.

I enjoyed it so much more at home. No one talking, walking in front of the screen, and the most uncomfortable seats.

Not to mention the prices!!! :o:angry: IMAX just doesn't do it for me. Have saved my entertainment dollars over the years.

Slowly worked up to the set up I have now. Stereo with 7.1 surround. 52'' plasma tv, in 1080i. PS3 to play my blu rays and dvds.

And a comfy couch with recliners!!! :P

Avitar my be one of the best movies to have in blu ray - EVER!!! It's hi-def presentation just made everything 'pop'.

The colors and textures of Pandora, felt so real and rich. I felt more than ever that I was looking out my window, not watching tv.

I could count blades of gass if I wanted!!! lol Too bad I couldn't smell all the pretty flowers - had to break out the popuri for that. :D

The movie itself was a great feel good show. Yes a theme akin to Dances With Wolves, in that indiginate peoples felt the crush of oppression.

But the world of the Navi is richly detailed and the flying sequences are breathtaking. It was also a joy to see Sigorney Weaver on screen again.

The only down side I have - no special features on my blu ray!!! <_< It came with a standard definition dvd - but why!?! It's a waste of space.

Would much rather had a special features disk, or digital download!! ;)

Luv Kat :)

Guest Elizabeth K

My son alerts me to stuff because he knows I am a huge Sci Fi fan! He is a computer animation freak so between the two of us - Avatar is just about perfect.

So I saw it immediately on the big screen - I didn't even know it was 3D until I got to the theater. I don't know if I can watch it on the TV screen because I only have a 42" - it deserves to be HUGE on the screen. So I am waiting for it to be at our IMAX - THAT's gonna be something!

And yes - the story line is contrived (most SF is - so much of it! Most story lines have already been explored) but it's the concept that could only be duplicated in this century, in our computer graphics world that make it almost impossible to tell real from animation - that's what makes AVATAR amazing!

Someday it will be 'dated." Better animation is coming (I don't know how) but this is the firstest with the mostest.

It's too long! But I hated seeing it end.

Its too full of cliche' 'racial relations" (exogenical relations actually), and 'green" (once called ecological concerns), and about a mysticism I found related more to my Wiccan beliefs than Christianity (but it does eventually show the force of the planet in the Gaia - triumphing over the worship of 'technology' (a stab at America and our desire to force the world to accept our way of life, and need for oil).

The main character in this film, my opinion? The gigantic tree that supported the tribe. The second most significant character? The Tree of Life.

And the film was just beautiful! I loved the air-jellyfish like creatures. And the dragons were fierce - and yet compliant with the 'right human spirit' that would meld to give an almost undefeatable combination of beast and brain.

BUT disturbing? The terrible battle scenes - right out of the original STAR WARS movies - violence and gore - huge male testosterone infused battles.

Women are drawn to the love between the warrior woman, and the newbie human in a avatar form. Talk about your 'from different worlds' love affair!

You guys want the boody battles... only the fact that the warrior woman is a beauty (weird saying that - they did a fantastic job of making a goat-like blue face look sexy) keeps the guys glued to the story.

So the battle scenes didn't impress me somehow - hummmm, in my new midset.

And being a transperson, I wished just one of the 'avatar' transplants had been gender switched!

Final comment? SEE IT!

Lizzy

Guest NatalieM

Saw it in IMAX 3D. Personally, I thought the effects took away from the actual story. I didn't find it to live up to the hype. But then, when something is hyped that much, it's hard to live up to it.

Guest Melanieshaman

OK OK OK..ignore what I said earlier. YES, i am a HUGE skeptic when it comes to effects-filled movies that rely on them too much. BUT-Avatar...well it was amazing! My wife borrowed it from a co-worker and I just got done watching it. Holy mollie! I can definitely see how in 3-D or on a large screen it might be tough to watch, the colors at time were nuts! BUT... I am GOING to buy this movie! Amazing, I was so wrapped up in the spiritual side of the story (which hits VERY close to home for me), that I found my self cheering when the human ships were blowing up, and when the colonel was finally put down... I almost jumped out of my chair!

Awesome awesome movie... I didn't let the effects get in the way, as I had heard it was effect-filled so i tried not to look for them, and that helped a ton!

Melanie

Guest Melanieshaman
DANG IT!

Now, all you people that have seen it are KILLING ME!

ARGHHHHhhhh

GOTTA GOTTA GOTTA SEE IT!

Donna Jean

DJ? what's wrong with you?! LMAO

SEEEEEEEE EEEEEETT!!! now!

Melanie

ps-sorry about the language thing, i typed that post so fast I'm not even sure what i said LMAO

Well I never see a movie in the same decade that it is first released.

I'm thinking that I might just watch that new talking picture The Jazz Singer with Al Jolsen, I heard it was OK.

Behind the times as usual.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest miss kindheart

I was shopping at walmart , and was so surprised to see that it was only a few cents under $17 for the wide screen version :)

I don't have a fancy Tv and buying the blue ray version would just be a waste :P

It is 162 minutes long :huh:

Thats like 10cents a minute for pure pleasure ^_^

Anyway it was a super fantastic movie :D

It literally kept me on the edge of my seat :lol:

I think I experienced every possible emotion :rolleyes:

I see you :wub:

:wub: vanna

Guest Lynnx

It's like the cowboy and the indians, only with a different ending. The idea that everything is connected is a spiritual idea promoted by many original cultures, and having a physical connection as they do in the movie makes the spiritual connection more *real* to our minds.

I enjoyed it. The special effects made it highly entertaining.

Guest Caroline_J

All I can say about Avatar is imagine if you will, a movie with every single element that makes a good a scifi flick and then throw in some tall blue kitty people and you have epic tale chalked full of geeky goodness! :D

James Cameron is a genus!!! Who would of thought that adding tall blue kitty people would draw the crowd in? James Cameron did, that's who! ;)

*waves*

Caroline