• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

If I Were The Last Person On Earth

Guest Opal

Guest Opal

Hi!

Just a little 'What if' question I came up with while on a walk. Please assume the following:

Its the future, and HRT can be accomplished within a few days. A robotic surgeon can perform the surgery with high-quality results, but the power source to the surgeon may run down in a month, with no known way to recharge it.

The basic necessities of life are available, just no people.

At first, I thought my answer was a resounding 'Yes', but I want to think some more on it..... :(

Perhaps a couple of additional 'What ifs' :

What if there were a couple of small groups elsewhere on the planet, and someday you will meet up with them. One of the groups is very Trans-friendly, the other group Trans-phobic to the point of being a danger. Would this change your mind?

Opal

Guest Donna Jean

Answer to number one...yes, I'd do it right away...

Even if there are no other people...Because I need to transition for myself...not for others...

I'd still want to be me....

and number two....It would not change my mind one bit...

The group that is Trans friendly....Cool!

The other would never know that I was Trans in the past after my robotic facilitated surgery...

So, either way it wouldn't matter..

And I'd still be me!

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest ~Brenda~

Dearheart,

In this case, I would transition completely. After transitioning, being transgendered would not apply :)

I am woman!! No one would think anything else :)

Love

Brenda

Guest NatashaJade

I would be sad because everyone I knew would be gone and wouldn't get a chance to see me as the woman I am. I am not transitioning for others (except in that a happier me is a better me to be around). I am doing this to be right with myself.

luv

Gin

Guest Evan_J

If there were going to be no people? Not only would I transition, I would get the biggest hoo-haa I could.

**poses like superman B)

......oh wait.....other people? small groups???? (sigh) hmmmm well, since one of the groups might have a cute girl, I'd think about her....I want my surgery to be so that I can be sure to be sensate lol. Thats whats slowin me up now :P

But you did say high quatlity.......

Ah, the one who didn't like transpeople. I'd hide from them till I charted their moves and then kill them all. Theres not exactly a jail to lock me up in. Pin it on wild creatures. Kill or be killed; I must do what I must do :mellow:

I'd still transition.

as for the group thing, well it could be in real life too really if you think about it. Groups of people that will accept, groups of people that are haters? Have the groups of people that hate us stopped us all so far?

Also I'd do what Evan would do if it was dangerous I'd somehow kill them. :P

Guest Lee-Asher Geo-James

I would still transition. I need to do it for me. I would hide from the transphobes. I wouldn't kill them. I'd leave that to Evan and Matt. :lol:

*hugs*

LeeAsher

Guest Pól

Free, fast, and quality transition? You must be joking me. Where do I sign up?! I'd do this yesterday if I could, even if there were no one else left.

I'm with Donna Jean for the second:

The other would never know that I was Trans in the past after my robotic facilitated surgery...

Guest Opal
Answer to number one...yes, I'd do it right away...

Even if there are no other people...Because I need to transition for myself...not for others...

I'd still want to be me....

And I'd still be me!

Huggs

Donna Jean

Thanks Donna Jean!

This made me realize that I'm a bit concerned about 'Passing', even after HRT and SRS. Hadn't considered that the other group wouldn't be able to tell.

I appreciate your answers!

Huggs,

Opal

Guest Opal
Dearheart,

In this case, I would transition completely. After transitioning, being transgendered would not apply :)

I am woman!! No one would think anything else :)

Love

Brenda

Hi Brenda!

Thanks for commenting! I have much to learn :)

Opal

Guest Opal
I would be sad because everyone I knew would be gone and wouldn't get a chance to see me as the woman I am. I am not transitioning for others (except in that a happier me is a better me to be around). I am doing this to be right with myself.

luv

Gin

Hi Gin!

Yes, it would be extremely sad, the only hope would be if there was still at least one other person around to share life with.

Appreciate your comments!

Huggs,

Opal

Guest Opal
If there were going to be no people? Not only would I transition, I would get the biggest hoo-haa I could.

**poses like superman B)

......oh wait.....other people? small groups???? (sigh) hmmmm well, since one of the groups might have a cute girl, I'd think about her....I want my surgery to be so that I can be sure to be sensate lol. Thats whats slowin me up now :P

But you did say high quatlity.......

Ah, the one who didn't like transpeople. I'd hide from them till I charted their moves and then kill them all. Theres not exactly a jail to lock me up in. Pin it on wild creatures. Kill or be killed; I must do what I must do :mellow:

Hi Evan,

Haha! I see you becoming the absolute leader of whoever is left! Great, confident answer. After seeing yours, I thought hmm, maybe if I could reprogram the robot AFTER surgery I could make a stand until the friendly group showed up....

Thanks!

Opal

Guest Opal
I'd still transition.

as for the group thing, well it could be in real life too really if you think about it. Groups of people that will accept, groups of people that are haters? Have the groups of people that hate us stopped us all so far?

Also I'd do what Evan would do if it was dangerous I'd somehow kill them. :P

Hi Matthias!

Hope you and Evan areamong those in the friendly group, the haters wouldn't stand a chance!

Thanks!

Opal

Guest Opal
I would still transition. I need to do it for me. I would hide from the transphobes. I wouldn't kill them. I'd leave that to Evan and Matt. :lol:

*hugs*

LeeAsher

Hi LeeAsher,

Well if the transphobes could somehow be educated, and their hate chased away, it might help for long-term survival for everyone.

Huggs,

Opal

Guest Opal
Free, fast, and quality transition? You must be joking me. Where do I sign up?! I'd do this yesterday if I could, even if there were no one else left.

I'm with Donna Jean for the second:

Hi Pol,

Forgive me for not correctly spelling your name. I hope that advances in medicine and science will allow for early detection and treatment. Your's and the other comments have sure helped me on aspects that I will need to discuss with a therapist, assuming I can find one in the area.

Thanks!

Huggs,

Opal

Guest Evan_J

Nope. I don't "rescue " people. lol You would be running.

Guest Melanie Dawn

Yes! no matter the situation, i would transition, it's not a matter of worrying about what others think, even if everyone was trans-phobic... I'd still do it. I have lived my life for others way too long.

Melanie Dawn

Hi LeeAsher,

Well if the transphobes could somehow be educated, and their hate chased away, it might help for long-term survival for everyone.

Huggs,

Opal

Yeah that would be good!!

*hugs*

LeeAsher

Nope. I don't "rescue " people. lol You would be running.

:o That's no fair!!! xD I wouldn't mind running though xD

Guest AshleyRF

yup... no one would know... until they expected you to breed to repopulate the world. I suppose you could lie, but I'm sure there would be complete chaos and turmoil and there would probably be mandatory "inspections" to test ones fertility in a world such as this. One proper examination of ANY trans persons genitalia/sex organs would out you.

However I'd still transition even if it meant a life of being completely alone.

Guest Evan_J
:o That's no fair!!! xD I wouldn't mind running though xD

Never said it was "fair", said it was true lol. And something you should know: running from a thing only makes it want to chase you.

Guest Evan_J
yup... no one would know... until they expected you to breed to repopulate the world. I suppose you could lie, but I'm sure there would be complete chaos and turmoil and there would probably be mandatory "inspections" to test ones fertility in a world such as this. One proper examination of ANY trans persons genitalia/sex organs would out you.

However I'd still transition even if it meant a life of being completely alone.

<-- can't help but wonder if you want a baby Ash.

And no its not a proposition :rolleyes: a ) I remember you're married. b ) Mary Ellen is never that far away LOL

But the quickness with which you went to that topic made it occur to me.

Suppose, just suppose, the "high quality" was that high. That you could reproduce as a woman. Yeah, you could discern some faint clue that the person transitioned so as to keep the anti group applicable, but trans people could repopulate the world. What would you do?

And why would you need to be alone even if you couldn't reproduce?

Never said it was "fair", said it was true lol. And something you should know: running from a thing only makes it want to chase you.

:lol:

Oh I know that too well xD Run and it follows xD

Guest AshleyRF
<-- can't help but wonder if you want a baby Ash.

And no its not a proposition :rolleyes: a ) I remember you're married. b ) Mary Ellen is never that far away LOL

But the quickness with which you went to that topic made it occur to me.

Suppose, just suppose, the "high quality" was that high. That you could reproduce as a woman. Yeah, you could discern some faint clue that the person transitioned so as to keep the anti group applicable, but trans people could repopulate the world. What would you do?

And why would you need to be alone even if you couldn't reproduce?

Yes actually, I'd love to have a baby. The absolute thought of it gives me such a wonderful feeling until the reality sets in and I remember that it will NEVER happen for me. It's probably why I have such a huge problem with my being trans.

Wait... am I just your 2nd choice behind Mary Ellen? lol

I could only dream for a time when our surgery was so good that we could reproduce the way we were meant to.

I was just saying that if in a world such as the one mentioned, there was a group of people who were not trans friendly, I'd still transition but stay away from that group.