• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Beerless Beer And Tobaccoless Tobacco

Guest Evan_J

Guest Ami James

Look like i m able 2 check in here. I m in kentucky n using the cell :). Anything new going on? Hope I m not late 2 turn in.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flint

• JJ

• Ravin

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest thefireship

*lights up one of the cigars and tucks the other one in his shirt pocket for laters*

Aaaaw yeah! I'll set the mood for virtual cigars anytime!

Hey. The weekend can start now right? Right?! I'll be hopefully getting out of the apartment for a few hours Saturday night to invade a local gathering of like minded nerds and friends. (Not with the intention of picking a fight, I swear!)

Lesse.. What's going on. I decided to say to hell with decisions and buy both the binder styles I was looking at. (Double-front and chest-only. I'll try the tri-top at some other point.) Seems they'd ship from my own state, so I'm hoping they'll get her next week. I'm looking forward to fighting my way into them on my own. If no one hears from me, that simply means I've gotten myself stuck. XD

Finished reading Becoming a Visible Man by Jamison Green. At some point during the book, its revealed that he's also adopted. (Officially planted in his adoptive home after 5 weeks too!) He doesn't go into that really, but I found it interesting that his parental dynamics upon coming out seem to be rather similar to mine. I had lots of good moments reading that book. It was like an FTM history lesson too, though I'd probably have to read it again for any of the names to really STICK in my memory. But yeah.. Reading this upped my interest in trying to get to Southern Comfort next year. I can drive to Altanta without issue and could probably manage to crash with friends who live in the area. (Can't make it this year. Not enough money! And. I think I might be in Alaska at the time. But yeah, maybe next year. Sounds like a good time.)

Uh. What else. One of my cats is getting fatter. I didn't think this was possible, but there it is. The cat can comfortably whale-out on her back without any issues. Most cats can't do this because their spine tips them one way or another. Hers used to. This cat seriously needs a treadmill.

Been working out a lot more lately. Push ups have been the bane of my armpits. I'm working muscles that have been too long neglected. Its painful, but in a good way. Very satisfying. I've also been using the weights and am considering upping from the 10lb bells to something more challenging. I suppose I could just use the cat.

Guest cael
Uh. What else. One of my cats is getting fatter. I didn't think this was possible, but there it is. The cat can comfortably whale-out on her back without any issues. Most cats can't do this because their spine tips them one way or another. Hers used to. This cat seriously needs a treadmill.

.... I suppose I could just use the cat.

:huh::lol: you really should have seen our old family cat you know those pet carriers? she filled one and like there was fur sticking out the holes like those fat rabbits at fairs... my lil brother and sister used to feed her 5 times a day plus snacks i thought the cat was gunna explode :blink:

Guest thefireship
:huh::lol: you really should have seen our old family cat you know those pet carriers? she filled one and like there was fur sticking out the holes like those fat rabbits at fairs... my lil brother and sister used to feed her 5 times a day plus snacks i thought the cat was gunna explode :blink:

O__O *threatens to slide out of his leather chair*

Daaaang. Okay. My cat ain't that bad. If she ever threatens to get that bad, believe you me, I will make a new and terrifying game called "But Hanni the vacuum cleaner just wants to be your friend!!!" just to make her exercise. .. Not that this doesn't happen already, but its usually a side effect of routine cleaning and a dash of I-can't-help-myself as opposed to cleaning being the side effect of enforcing fat cat cardio.

*grins and reseats*

Well, I suppose I should be grateful the cat that can't reach certain areas to clean is also the cat who tolerates a bath. (My other one, ooooh no way am I ever putting him near the tub again. The last time I tried, I swear he threatened to scream his voice box out his face as soon as one toe broke the surface.)

Guest thefireship
yeah I'd scowl at you cuz I'm jealous but I imagine that smells good. **tries to cyber sniff "sniff-sniff"

There's been plenty of times where I get caught talking about food with people online while having no food in my apartment to satisfy the inevitable occurrence of OH-GOD-FOOD-NOW that follows. Its in these moments where I conjure up images of food scanners (which resemble toaster ovens) and the ability to email food from one person to the next through these food scanners.

If such thing were ever made possible, I would immediately invest every penny into Spam stock. At least in the very beginning, cause you KNOW sending real Spam will be the-thing-to-do for a while. Well. At least for good-humored citizens. Ill-humored citizens might scan and send flaming bags of stuff nobody wants.

Guest thefireship

[quote name=*Goes back to laughing his butt off* :lol:

Andre stares at the lost butt on the floor for a moment or two, then sighs heavily before reaching over and picking it up as if it were a dropped pie pan, "You know, I have the darndest time handing these things back to people. No one ever takes it well."

*frisbees Geo's butt into a nearby chair*

Guest Lee-Asher Geo-James

Andre stares at the lost butt on the floor for a moment or two, then sighs heavily before reaching over and picking it up as if it were a dropped pie pan, "You know, I have the darndest time handing these things back to people. No one ever takes it well."

:blink: :blink:

:unsure:

Thank you. I kinda needed that :lol:

*sits down on butt* :P

Guest Evan_J
The weekend can start now right? Right?!

The weekend can always start whenever we say it does B)

AJ: You defnately can check in when you need to.

Jamison Greene Topic: I love Jamison Greene. Never got to read Visible Man, thats still something I need to do.

I did get to see him live and in person though at Southern Comfort last year. That was a big deal for me. Southern Comfort itself was AMAAAAZING. I would encourage anyone who can to attend on whatever year they can to do it, just to feel what it feels like to be surrounded with that many trans people and that many trans brothers.

ROFL

Guest StrandedOutThere

Poker, anyone? Maybe some no-limit Texas Hold 'Em? If this is a man-party, we must play either poker or... lawn darts. Lawn darts are mad dangerous.

Is anyone besides Evan and I old enough to remember lawn darts?

Poker, anyone? Maybe some no-limit Texas Hold 'Em? If this is a man-party, we must play either poker or... lawn darts. Lawn darts are mad dangerous.

Poker sounds fun! xD

Er, so what are lawn darts? :unsure:

Guest thefireship

Aw man! My old neighbors had lawn darts. Its all well and good until you start targeting your friends. c_c We didn't have any major injuries though. What got us covered in welts was.... The Hickory Wars.

*feigns a grim, war-worn look on his face and pulls down his hat to shadow his eyes*

The Hickory Wars fell upon the street roughly around 1987 and lasted into 1991. The true end of the war is still a matter of debate and some say the peace is tenuous at best.

Particular times of the year where favored for battle, most often occurring when the fruit of the tree were the most hard and dense. This was quite the prolific hickory tree, you see, that rooted itself in the side yard between these great warring houses of old. It provided much ammunition for both, though the gathering of such munitions was quite risky. Only the bravest (or the most dim) would dare do the collecting for the fighters.

The gatherers, you must realize, where in the direct fire line. These were not like wars before where simple throwing techniques were applied by hand alone. Oh no. These were the days in which father's bought their boys professional grade, hunting sling shots. (Aaaw yeah!) Really, its a wonder no one lost an eye or suffered lasting damage. (Though in the case of one of the younger members of the opposition, this is debatable. She never was quite with it.)

*loses the hat and grins*

Lawn darts were the least of our worries. We had BB rifles that would put Red Rider to bed crying. ;) Honestly! The kids on the street turned out pretty okay regardless! Everyone had a good heart, we just liked to play hard. Though.. hmm.. I guess mentioning all of this kinda puts me out of the running for picking out games around here. *shifty eyes* I promise if we play lawn darts that I won't throw them at anything that moves. (Which means you should all just start running now.)

*runs far far away*

Eh, I'm sure a dart won't hurt :P

*runs back*

Okay let's play :P

But if I get hit with I will retaliate xD

Guest My_Genesis

We could also play Cornhole. And... we could play FLARTS. :D Game the band Hinder made up on the road that I have yet to play lol. It's like darts but you put the dartboard on the ground and throw the dart upwards but aim it for the board (i.e. like a parabola)

How's about hackey sack?

We could also play Cornhole. And... we could play FLARTS. :D Game the band Hinder made up on the road that I have yet to play lol. It's like darts but you put the dartboard on the ground and throw the dart upwards but aim it for the board (i.e. like a parabola)

How's about hackey sack?

What is Cornhole? :unsure:

And I have always wanted to play hackey sack :D

How's about hackey sack?

I just have to say

Hinder are AWESOME

im up for poker!!!!

*luaghs his butt off at geo*

HEY! u made me lose my butt

Well it's not my loss that you lost yer butt!! :P

Now quit laughing at me!!! :P

Guest Evan_J

Ermmm, Something about anything termed "cornhole" is not good for me LOL. (Stands on the other side of Stranded- feels sure he likely heard the same reference). Uhhhh, Lawn Darts sound better . I'll go for poker, what the hey, its been a while.

I remember when we learned to play poker as children; lol we went through a lot of pennies in those days.

I had a girl cousin who was card shark . Used to hate to have to play her. Though her pet was spades. Made me a good spades player though.