• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Technical Vocab

Guest Vince Gothfairy

Guest Vince Gothfairy

Hi guys I'm new. I just posted in the intro section.

erm I've just been looking through the site and there all these technical terms that i don't know and that confuse me as to what I am. I can't find all the meanings on here.

I was wondering if anyone could give me a quickanswer rather than researching as I'm quite busy with work and brushing my Rabbit's fur and cleaning his pen.

I thoughtI was genderqueer but that term isn't on here. is it a real term? what does it exactly mean in case I'm mistaken?

I've also been told I'm bigendered but also have not seen taht definition on here either. Is this a real word? and what is its exact meaning in case i'm wrong?

What exactly is transgenerist? cas I think I've got the wrong meaning and whats autogynophilia?

Whats the difference between transgender and transexual

Is crossdresser and transvestite the same thing?

sorry to be ignorant or offend I'm constantly offended by people not understanding some of the things I am.

hi Vince, gender-queer is a real term, it means that you're not really sure what you are or that you're kind of androgynous(i think).

bigendered is when you identify as both genders or you would like to live as both genders.

i'm not really sure what a transgenderist is, but i do know that autogynophilia is being attracted to women or people with a female anatomy.

the difference between transgendered and transsexual is that transsexuals wan to have or plan on having srs (sex reassignment surgery) while transgenders are content living full time as the 'opposite' gender without medical intervention.

crossdressers and transvestites are not the same thing. crossdressers dress because it feels right or they have a non-sexual urge, while transvestites dress because it gives them a sexual thrill.

i hope i've helped even a little.

Drew

Guest Rika-chama

To add on to what Drew said Transgender is a blanket term that covers transsexuals, crossdressers, transvestites, bi-genders, etc. and transsexual is a specific term meaning your internal gender is different from your physcial sex.

Transgenderist <I think> is a transsexual who does not plan to transition. Like a MtF who does not want SRS and will live as a man.

Hope I helped a little :)

Ni-paa~

Guest Vince Gothfairy

ah thank mates thios has helped loads. I'm just really trying to figure out what catagories i fit into cas I'm super confused. people always tell me different things.

I'm pretty certain I'm bigendered and wish I could be a crossdresser 80% of time but as my family don't really know I have to just deal with my frustration at this for the time being.

I dunno if I'd class myself as transvestite or crossdresser. I'm sort of a sex addict (embarrassed face) so pretty much nearly all things give me a sexual thrill lol.

If transgendered is a blanket term for all the things eg bigendered and cd etc does this make me transgendered?!

cas I'm not androgenous. I'm more the two extremes. I like to very female sometimes or very male rather than neither. also if transgendered is to be content living the life of the oppsite gender then I'm not this cas I would only want to be the opposite gender sometimes. well alot of the time but not all the time.

ugh I'm really confused and I loath being confused as I'm such an impassionate person.

I'm still totally unsure of where to go atm or wat to do but you've helped educate me a bit guys. got any advice of what sections of the forum are for me or could help me?

I'm still totally unsure of where to go atm or wat to do but you've helped educate me a bit guys. got any advice of what sections of the forum are for me or could help me?

there is a general forum that everyone can post in and a section for those who are confused as to what they are.

Drew

Guest GoldenKirbichu
Hi guys I'm new. I just posted in the intro section.

erm I've just been looking through the site and there all these technical terms that i don't know and that confuse me as to what I am. I can't find all the meanings on here.

I was wondering if anyone could give me a quickanswer rather than researching as I'm quite busy with work and brushing my Rabbit's fur and cleaning his pen.

I thoughtI was genderqueer but that term isn't on here. is it a real term? what does it exactly mean in case I'm mistaken?

I've also been told I'm bigendered but also have not seen taht definition on here either. Is this a real word? and what is its exact meaning in case i'm wrong?

What exactly is transgenerist? cas I think I've got the wrong meaning and whats autogynophilia?

Whats the difference between transgender and transexual

Is crossdresser and transvestite the same thing?

sorry to be ignorant or offend I'm constantly offended by people not understanding some of the things I am.

Lemme see if I can clear some things up a bit.

Genderqueer is a blanket term, and like others have said, encompasses most of the transgendered community. It's basically a multi-purpose label for anyone who feels zir gender is outside the societal norm [usually cisgender].

Bigender is a term for a person who feels alternately masculine and feminine. It varies from person to person, as sometimes emotions will be triggers for a gender "switch" and other times the environment will trigger it instead.

A transgenderist is a person who lives as the opposite gender either full-time or more than part-time [in other words, more extensively than most crossdressers]. A transgenderist may get hormones and non-genital surgeries but usually will not want genital surgeries because zir original genitals are important to zir [for either mental or sexual reasons].

Autogynophilia is the attraction to the idea of oneself as female, or attraction to oneself having female genitalia. Autoandrophilia is the attraction to the idea of oneself as male [or having male genitalia]. I'm not sure what the equivalent is for attraction to oneself as intersex...

A transsexual person is a person whose genitalia do not match zir gender, and are generally roughly the opposite of the gender zie wishes to present as. Zie will usually actively try to pass as the gender zie feels zie is, and may get hormones and surgeries to pass more thoroughly in that gender. A transgender person is similar, but often does not has as stringent a goal as a transsexual person does. A transgender person may not want to go through all of the hormone regiments or surgeries that a transsexual person might. [However, the terms are very interchangeable. It's better to ask the person what zie wants to be referred to as.]

Guest Vince Gothfairy

ah so I'm genderqueer and bigendered but not transgendered right?

There certainly is a greater and richer tapestry to gender in the world than i ever thought there was. It is comforting to know there are other people who are not secure with their gender either.

Its a shame there isn't a bigendered setting in personal profile or a forum section for bigenderes but I'm sure I'll find some suitable places.

• Root Admin

Hi Vince,

All members regardless of their orientation are welcome to post in any of the forums. The only exception is the teen forum. Only teens may post there but anyone is welcome to post replies.

MaryEllen :)