• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Cowboy

What To Watch

Guest Cowboy

Ok, so being the movie buff i am, i am really sad to say, i havent been to the theater to see a film, since "I Am Legend". :(

Last couple of years i have been movng back and forth and really havent had the time to go see any new filcks, so ive been buying them on DVD when they release, which can always lead to disaster.

Anyway, im strongly considering hittin the theater this weekend to see a movie. Lots of good ones are out, but im not sure what i want to see. I have a wide range of genres so feel free to suggest anything.

Guest Evan_J

What's "I Am Legend?" (he asks just so cowboy can know there's folks who haven't been in a theater even longer than him :P ) It's ok to not be all "Mr Current Events" bro ;)

Guest Nikki A

toy story III

trust me it is actually great for a sequels sequel! really! its awsome!!

hugs, Nikki

Milly

I am legend is a awesome film starring Will Smith about a virus that turns people into rabid zombie like monsters. Though I don't know whats playing if I may be so bold, allow me to offer up Grandma's Boy as a possible rental. If you haven't seen it before you should. :)

Guest Nikki A

critics seem to like jonah hex, but that one lady is in it... Megan Fox? i don't like her acting! but its supposed to be good

hugs, Nikki

Guest Cowboy

lol thanks for that Evan. I dont feel half as bad now.

I havent heard that much about Jonah Hex. I did google it just now and it seems like something i could get into.

Toy Stury 3 Has been on my list of must see's since i saw the previews.

(Not like ive waited 11 years for it to come out or anything. :rolleyes: )

But watching Grandma's boy dont sound bad either. Thats a movie ive seen 20 hundred times and still laugh when i watch it.

*sigh* decisions, decisions, Someone make my mind up. LOL.

Guest Sam_P

I'm in the same position, haven't been to the cinema since term started. :(

As for some decent films you might have missed but are worth getting on DVD (like I did) if you want to take a chance on my film taste :P ... Sherlock Holmes (lots of hilarity), Avatar (lots of blue people), The Surrogates (lots of robot-avatars), Star Trek (lots of space), Fast and Furious (lots of cars), Angels & Demons (lots of antimatter)& G.I.Joe (lots of technology).

Sally

Are you guys trying to tell me that a movie has been released after "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen"?

I guess I need to go to a movie again - do they have sound now?

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Sam_P

Are you guys trying to tell me that a movie has been released after "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen"?

I guess I need to go to a movie again - do they have sound now?

Love ya,

Sally

That film was hilarious! Shame the sequel never materialised.

Guest Cowboy

Wow. Now i really dont feel so bad if the last movie sally went to only had closed captions. :P

Sherlock holmes dont sound half bad. Not so much i think i could get into Avatar.

too many blue people. think ill stick with the smurfs. Lol. :D

i did pull up what movies were playing at the theater.

Grown Ups

Knight And Day

Jonah Hex

Toy Story 3. (also in 3d)

The A Team

Karate Kid

Get Him To The Greek

Killers

Marmaduke

Prince Of Persia: The sands of time

any one of those worth watching? :unsure:

Guest Evan_J

As for some decent films you might have missed but are worth getting on DVD (like I did) if you want to take a chance on my film taste :P ... Sherlock Holmes (lots of hilarity), Avatar (lots of blue people), The Surrogates (lots of robot-avatars), Star Trek (lots of space), Fast and Furious (lots of cars), Angels & Demons (lots of antimatter)& G.I.Joe (lots of technology).

I like how you review movies ;) My kind of guy.

And I'm writin a bunch of em down from the thread...you know, in case I ever wanna catch up with the universe.

Guest Sam_P

Wow. Now i really dont feel so bad if the last movie sally went to only had closed captions. :P

Sherlock holmes dont sound half bad. Not so much i think i could get into Avatar.

too many blue people. think ill stick with the smurfs. Lol. :D

i did pull up what movies were playing at the theater.

Grown Ups

Knight And Day

Jonah Hex

Toy Story 3. (also in 3d)

The A Team

Karate Kid

Get Him To The Greek

Killers

Marmaduke

Prince Of Persia: The sands of time

any one of those worth watching? :unsure:

I forgot that you'd get films coming out at different times to here. *headdesk* Knight and Day has the potential to be good, and is apparently in a similar vein to Mr & Mrs Smith (worth a watch if you haven't seen it 'cause you can probably pick it up cheap by now). I'm hoping that the Karate Kid reboot is up to scratch but I'm think it's a 50/50 chance.

Guest Cowboy

blahhhh ok so its Thursday.

goin to my moms tomorrow for the 4th.

and STILL have no idea what movie i wanna go see.

im leanin towards Jonah Hex, but if i drag a friend along im sure ill let them make up my mind.

Guest Dman1

karate kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest vertigo

Hehe... I don't remember the last time I've been in a cinema, but I love movies. :D The mainstream film industry just doesn't offer good stuff nowadays.

I would have probably suggested Toy Story 3 in 3D, or maybe Karate Kid, but, obviously, I found this thread too late.

What movie did you watch, by the way?

Guest My_Genesis

I like how you review movies ;) My kind of guy.

And I'm writin a bunch of em down from the thread...you know, in case I ever wanna catch up with the universe.

lol I have a long list of movies I wanna see. I am a pirate like Belle :P so I am waiting until I am somewhere with a faster internet connection (aka college) so that downloading movies doesn't suck up all my bandwidth.

Guest Sam_P

lol I have a long list of movies I wanna see. I am a pirate like Belle :P so I am waiting until I am somewhere with a faster internet connection (aka college) so that downloading movies doesn't suck up all my bandwidth.

Yeah I'm now at home for the summer and realising I can't be as heavy on the usage every time I think to watch something. *grumbles* I miss uni! (Just not the work, a few weeks off from that is fine. :P)

Guest Cowboy
What movie did you watch, by the way?

I went and saw Toy Story 3 in 3D.

Was a really good movie and a great way to end a story.

I do have to say, i get that "there will be more to come in another 11 years" feeling.

Flint

Fast and Furious (lots of cars)

Yes! Get this! Awesome film. :P

Also on DVD:

The Hangover.

In the cinemas (it may have already been and gone where you are. So it might be being released on DVD there i dunno) Salt! Salt is a great action movie. Lots of action, okay so some bits are a bit far fetched like James bond like when she jumps onto vans and things (you'll see what i mean if you see it) but that was still awesome to me. Angelina Jolie is great, not to mention sexy. ;) The way she handles herself Oooffft! *calms self down* Honestly it's an awesome film! so yea that is another one. Salt.

Another on DVD

Blood diamond. Again it's another action movie, much more slower paced than Salt though but still good. Also a film that can make grown men at the least well up and at the most shed one or two tears. Blood diamond

The last king of Scotland. It's based around the same kinda theme/place as Blood diamond. It's quite...slow moving (at least for me. I guess I like fast paced things even though I'm actually very slow myself. ;) ) it's slow moving but again also an awesome movie. Forest Whitaker is excellent in his role, and can play an evil, insane man very very well.The last king of scotland Also this film is based on a true story

Twisted: Twisted is another good film. It's a thriller about a high case serial killer. There are lots of twists and turns throughout the film. Twisted

Shutter Island: Awesome film. Some scenes in some parts though are so clearly fake it's unbelievable. (meaning the scenery behind them looks fake) which is a bit of a disappointment, but it still doesn't stop the fact that it's awesome, and great acting. Another one with twists and turns. The ending is unexpected. Or at least it was to me, and that is part of what made it so great and memorable. It's out on DVD here in the UK not sure how long it will have been out there. You may be wanna wait a while till it's cheaper. That is what I tend to do. I watched this at the cinema though. Shutter Island

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford: another great film, also it's a western themed film. ;)The assassination of Jesse James

Broken Trail: another western themed film. Well actually it's 2 episodes. But still each lasts about an hour so it's about 2 hours if you watch it all together. Broken Trail

Flint

Oh and 1 or 2 more...

Or maybe 3..... We'll see... :P haha

Scent of a woman. Great film. Old film but still great.

Mystic River. That is another great film. It's a murder mystery. It's directed by the famous Clint eastwood. ;):P

and also just one more for tonight:

Basic instinct. An old film. But it's fantastic. One of my all times faves. Some intense scenes in it too. It's awesome!

Guest Donna Jean

Yes! Get this! Awesome film. :P

Another on DVD

The last king of Scotland. It's based around the same kinda theme/place as Blood diamond. It's quite...slow moving (at least for me. I guess I like fast paced things even though I'm actually very slow myself. ;) ) it's slow moving but again also an awesome movie. Forest Whitaker is excellent in his role, and can play an evil, insane man very very well.The last king of scotland Also this film is based on a true story

0482857/"]Broken Trail[/url]

YES!

That was a "Must See" for me! Forrest Whitaker was totally believable as dictator Idi Amen, also known as the 'Butcher of Uganda' .,..

I was in Africa in 1971 when he became dictator and we watched with great interest the killing and genocide he perpetrated...

Not only is Whitaker believable, but he studied the tapes of the late dictator and had his walk, voice and swagger down!

Amazing movie!

Donna Jean

Guest Sam_P

Salt! Salt is a great action movie. Lots of action, okay so some bits are a bit far fetched like James bond like when she jumps onto vans and things (you'll see what i mean if you see it) but that was still awesome to me.

I'd forgotten about Salt! Probably going into town with a friend of mine tomorrow, will try and get to see it if the timing works out. Thanks for the reminder! :)

Flint

YES!

That was a "Must See" for me! Forrest Whitaker was totally believable as dictator Idi Amen, also known as the 'Butcher of Uganda' .,..

I was in Africa in 1971 when he became dictator and we watched with great interest the killing and genocide he perpetrated...

Not only is Whitaker believable, but he studied the tapes of the late dictator and had his walk, voice and swagger down!

Amazing movie!

Donna Jean

Aye it's a great movie. :P

I'd forgotten about Salt! Probably going into town with a friend of mine tomorrow, will try and get to see it if the timing works out. Thanks for the reminder! :)

Ah. Enjoy. ;) It's awesome. :P