• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

2 Product Reviews For Womankind

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I came upon 2 new items that I thought would be worth writing a quick review about.

First up is Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave. I found this at Walgreens on sale (2/$3!) So I thought I would give it a go. It's shave cream, or I guess cream shave. It doesn't lather, but it does work just like any other women's shave cream or shave gel. It has a pleasant fragrance (comes in 3 scents) and it leaves your skin nice and soft. I just tried this the other day so I haven't had the chance to see how long a bottle will last. The size was a little bothering at first because it didn't seem like a lot. When I found out, though, that it's not an aerosol-type can, I was a bit more reassured. The bottle comes with a typical shave cream/gel cap that you really can just toss out since it has a flower shaped base anyway. All you do is pull the flower base out slightly, squeeze out what you need and pop the base closed again. Simple, right? Here's a link if you want to check it out. Follow the link for Moisturizing Cream Shave - Skintimate

So far so good, I give it at least 3.5 razors out of 5.

Next up is Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure.

What this claims is nail polish that's all 5 steps rolled into one. Inside this bottle is your base coat, your color, your top coat, your nail strengthener and growth treatment. I don't know about all that but I do know that I only had to put on one coat to get a good color and good coverage. It's lasted a day so far but there is some chipping at the tips of my nails but I don't blame the polish for that. I'm a little rough with my nails so having it chip already is no surprise. It will be super easy to do a touch up though. Oh, I purchased the shade "So Much Fawn" and it's a good every day color for hands.

Here's a link if you'd like to check it out. I don't know how accurate the swatches on the site are to the actual polish colors. I guess mine is mostly accurate.

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure

So to be fair I'll give this one 3 polished nails out of 5. It's not the best nail polish I've used (that would be OPI) and it's much better than the worst polish I've tried.

Guest erikka2046

Thanks Liz!

Skintimate looks like a good shaving product. I am now using aerosol shaving cream for women, a fair product but just for shaving only. I wonder if its available in Canada.

The Sally Hansen nail polish sounds interesting. It should be good if time is tight to do everything. I love OPI a lot too, nearly all of mine are from them. Recently I have tried Essie, a very good nail polish and last me for two weeks without chipping.

Erikka :)

Guest Donna Jean

Lizzie....

I have a question....

I'm about 1/2 way through with my electrolysis, so...can Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave be used on the face?

It sounds wonderful!

Donna Jean

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I'm about 1/2 way through with my electrolysis, so...can Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave be used on the face?

It sounds wonderful!

Yes!

I use it to shave my face.

One bonus is that the stand it sits on is flower shaped. And really, aren't all us ladies just beautiful flowers waiting to blossom....or is that an over-used metaphor?

Guest Donna Jean

Yes!

I use it to shave my face.

One bonus is that the stand it sits on is flower shaped. And really, aren't all us ladies just beautiful flowers waiting to blossom....or is that an over-used metaphor?

Nope!

It's perfect every time!

Thanks for the info, Liz...

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest sarah f

This might sound like crazy talk but I don't use shaving cream or gels. I just use water from the shower. Thank you for the reviews though. I will look into the Sally Hansen product.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 137 Guests (See full list)

• Willow
    • MaeBe
    • Ashley0616
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Petra Jane
    • Ivy
    • Erica Leigh
    • April Marie
    • Andrea D