• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Needing Body Help (pre-t)

Guest Alexander A. Bonen

Guest Chad Micheals

ok i've been working out trying to get my body in to a more male looking shape... i'm to a point where i'm tone and some bualck muscle but it coming out more female... can anyone help me out here...

this is my work out 2 times a day on once plus everything i do with my unit training... with rest days on sunday and wesday... i do hit oppther gourps but this is the bulckl of my trianing.

-----

guy push ups - 10-15

crushs w/ legs on ground - 20

crushs w/ at 90% - 20

wide arms push up - 10-15

sit ups - 20

rocky sit ups - 10

r/l side crushs - 10

guy push ups - 10-15

V ups - 15

flutter kicks - 25

crushs - 20

wide arms push ups - 10-15

one leg crushs r/l - 20

windmill - 20

guy push ups - 10-15

military press - 30

military press w/ 10 lbs wieght - 15

wall sit - 1 min, 30 sec rest, 1 min, 30 sec rest

over arm clap - 30

over arm clap w/ 10 lbs wieght - 15

uneven push ups - 10

----

cardio work out

step mill 30mins

ellipcal 30mins

rowing machine 30 mins

swiming laps (1 hour) freestyle 200-300 laps

-----

weight training

*hits op. muscal groups at once

*more then one muscal groups at a time

-free weaits and the pully weights

-think big then small(don;t kil off with isolating moves)

hip abbuctor/abductor (out and inner thighs)

lat pull back (back and biceps)

leg press

---

REPS

max. strenght: 4-6 reps with heavy wieght (barely leaft the last one)

max. power: 8- 12 reps (how fast the muscle can move)

max. endurance: 15-25 reps

tweak every few weeks-- my body hates me--

----

goal for body --

tone upper body

flat abs w/ 6-8 pack

lean lower body

Guest JayJaye

I've worked out in the past (soon to start again, I'm also pre-T) and I would guess that you will lose fat and gain muscle but your body will look more like a fit female than male, until you start taking T.

I also want to be fit before taking T, and continue to work out after, as I would rather be a fit muscular male than the squishy one I am now, LOL

I'm starting the body for life program. check out www.bodyforlife.com

Jay

Guest Snow Angel

Wow; that is a pretty insane routine. Hmm, do you remember Chyna of the WWF? (World Wrestling Federation, now WWE) She was really buff at first, but very masculine, and some people even accused her of being a man. You might want to do some research on her. Maybe she was taking male steroids, then stopped in subsequent seasons, but her body did change drastically years later and she was much more feminine. Maybe it was steroids or surgery or a combination of both? I'm not sure but it's something to look into, because maybe she did it naturally somehow without any aid.

Guest Chad Micheals
Wow; that is a pretty insane routine. Hmm, do you remember Chyna of the WWF? (World Wrestling Federation, now WWE) She was really buff at first, but very masculine, and some people even accused her of being a man. You might want to do some research on her. Maybe she was taking male steroids, then stopped in subsequent seasons, but her body did change drastically years later and she was much more feminine. Maybe it was steroids or surgery or a combination of both? I'm not sure but it's something to look into, because maybe she did it naturally somehow without any aid.

yeah i remanber her.. she was cool.. the only thing i don;t want to to keep the boobs but i'll take her oilkd body lol...

working out help me stay sane in my carrer so i'm npt bad.. if u get in truble u have to work out and ur command gets to pick or they can just take my money so i'll work out but be peed at them.. but that life

wow! that's an intense workout. if you're pre-T unfortunately you will still look kinda female just because estrogen is influencing your muscle patterns. it sucks. but once you're on T the fact that you've been working out so much will definetly help you develop a male shape quicker.

Drew

Hey dude, you're doing an awful lot of work... almost as much as I used to try to do to make my body male! (I set a company PT record at AIT for scoring a 372 on the APFT. If they had been recording scores while we in Iraq, I would have scored almost a 400).

Your work out appears to be good if you're looking to loose body fat which is probably a good start if you're more than 25% body fat. You're not going to gain much (or any really) bulk with that workout, but you'll gain density. If you're already 20% body comp or less, then your workout plan will mostly just make you look like an anorexic girl... and that, my friend, is girly and not buff. If I read your routine correctly, you're doing 2 hours of cardio twice a day and hooah army-style MSE. If you want to build muscle, you may want to consider adapting your plan a bit. My suggestion is do your cardio in the morning and to ditch the second helping of cardio and push-ups and hit the weight room instead. Work chest and triceps one day (include your delts), back and bis the next (include your traps), legs next. For four-six weeks do this rotation twice a week with 3 sets/8-12 reps of 60-80% max weight. Then for 4-6 weeks do one rotation a week (3 total lifting days) of 5 sets/3-6 reps of as much as you can of 80-100%. Then 4-6 weeks back the other way, etc, etc. Eat lean protein like a crazy man and lay off simple carbs. SLEEP (human growth hormone levels are highest while you sleep).

Without T in your system, you're going to be inevitably frustrated. Your body does not have the capacity to keep building muscle. An execellent weight-lifter who's body is on the estrogen system can expect to lift about 101% of their body weight as their one-time-max without the use of steroids or other illegal substances (which you really don't want to do while you're under UCMJ). So, don't expect to be slapping several plates on in a few months. And, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but... to build muscle requires available caloric deposits. A body running on estrogen is programmed to try to keep a certain fat percentage for menses and possible pregnancy, etc, etc. That percentage is actually slightly variable amongst individuals, but what you'll find is that your body will build muscle best when it is slightly above that minimum (ie there is energy available to build with). So, you will have more body fat than a guy who is the same size and is lifting the same amount as you are. Since your muscle repair is highest while you sleep make sure you eat a good dinner with lots of protein, complex carbs, and wonderful nutrient-rich veggies... this can help you keep the lowest possible body comp and still optimally build muscle. I also recommend taking a good, bio-available multi-vitamin. Here's a good way to tell: if the magnesium in it is just magnesium oxide or the calcium in it is just calcium carbonate, you can know that the manufacturers are just trying to give you the most expensive urine possible. Also, vitamins with B-complex tend to make your pee bright yellow and smelly... that means you're just peeing it all out. You've found a winner when you find one that does this the least. Buffalo liver capsules are the best for B vitamins, but expensive. You can probably find a semi-decent synthetic cheaper and easier. Decent, absorbable vitamins are tough to come by.

Good luck. Let me know how it goes.

Micheal

My doc told me I needa lose 30 lbs before I can get T.

Can a doctor tell you that?

Hi Seth,

Depends on why he said that. If you're blood triglycerides (cholesterol) are up, then it would be dangerous to perscribe T to you, as it will further raise those numbers. Loosing weight is the fastest and best way to drop those numbers without medication. Or, if you're in the 'obese' category, then your body system is already under a lot of stress and adding exogenous (from outside your body) hormones would be a further stress and could cause an exaggerated (and dangerous) change in your hematocrit or triglycerides. Personally, I'd ask him about why he thinks it's appropriate to wait until you drop some poundage. And keep in mind that you can always work with a different doctor or even just get a second opinion if this one is not giving you straight answers.

Michael

Guest brandt

woah . i say you work out alot crazily lol. but thats good i might as well do that. hate like the body fat and i want to tone it up a little bit too. i really don't have a problem in the upper area cuz it looks fine and i don't want to be a really buff lookin skinny person lol. i'm worrin about my hips and my junk in the trunk. its gettin to a point where i can't wear certain pants and not look so feminine with my big hips. i mean in some way i could pass but i'm very picky and stuff and i look at skinny guys like me and i tend to over observe and notice that they have very small hips of course. like when i wanna wear skinny pants it shows a lot but i like those kinds of pants and i guess i don't mind but it just bothers the heck out of me. any tips to tone up the butt? lol

i say for you if you havent already tone up those arms because you could really look masculine with the arms. get those biceps and triceps workin lol. the chest part and below i'm not sure how you could tone up as masculine. well i know i wasn't help but maybe you could help me =]

Guest raydub

MK... You wanna be my personal trainer? :blush:

Dudes, I need help too. But I also need something I can do quickly..maybe in the morning. I used to train tae kwon do, tang so do, and kickboxing so Im used to the idea of working out, but I need a short routine to get me back into it all - tone back up.

You guys are inspiration! :) At least I know SOMEONE's doing it.

-Ray

Guest JayJaye

hey you guys! I'm going to start the body for life program. the book is like really cheap and has all the workouts in it, plus nutrition, and they have online support in the guest book at bodyforlife.com. but if you guys want to work out together and help each other out i'm all for it.

you can PM me.

Jay

Guest J-Walker

My best suggestion is to hit the weight room more Chad. Like Huff says, it builds up muscle rather than gets rid of fat. That goes for all of you other guys too. :P

If anything, getting that skinny will only make you more feminine. Though once you go on T you'll probably look great really quickly, right now you want a little fat so your dreaded curvy body isn't as noticable. Then you can build muscle in your arms, legs and chest. Though you want it all right now, until you get rid of those bumps on your chest you probably won't be satisfied with your results. Work hard but not too much or those results will just look feminine. I've been on a routine for the last two months with bench press and utilizing a universal machine and I've got the guns to show for it, even if they're not body builder arms.

And for those looking to do an excercise at home, I'd suggest looking into some anaerobic excercises. Basically if you stick to the same routine everyday you'll start to see some result. Everyone is looking for something different though, so you just need to find the program that works for you.