Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolyn Marie

Amazing Grace

4 posts in this topic

I am not a Christian, and I am not even religious.

But I have a version of "Amazing Grace" sung by Judy Collins and a choir of children, and every time I listen to it, my eyes fill with tears and a feeling of joy and peace washes over me. I must say, it is by far the most inspirational song that I know.

The fact that it moves me and I love to listen to it doesn't mean I want to convert and start attending church (or synagogue, for that matter). But it is a wonderful song, nevertheless.

Just wanted to put that out there. :)

Carolyn Marie

I am not a Christian, and I am not even religious.

But I have a version of "Amazing Grace" sung by Judy Collins and a choir of children, and every time I listen to it, my eyes fill with tears and a feeling of joy and peace washes over me. I must say, it is by far the most inspirational song that I know.

The fact that it moves me and I love to listen to it doesn't mean I want to convert and start attending church (or synagogue, for that matter). But it is a wonderful song, nevertheless.

Just wanted to put that out there. :)

Carolyn Marie

Amazing Grace is a beautiful song and I have several versions of it including cherokee.

BIG HUGS Regina Renea :D

I totally agree with you on this, Carolyn...I love it too for the same reasons as you..

I especially love it played on bagpipes...yeah, yeah I know...bagpipes ...you either love them or hate them ..(Why do bagpipers march?...to get away from the music)

But, I LOVE hearing it that way!

I also love the Judy Collins version, too...

Thanks, Hon...

Donna Jean

One of my favorite spiritual songs. And like DeeJay, I love it played on the bagpipes.

At my great-grandfather's memorial service, it was held outside in his back yard, and I played the bagpipe version over my sound system so that it was broadcast through the entire neighborhood. Very powerful and moving.

-BC