• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Assalamu Alakium

Guest Alice4016

Guest Alice4016

I am a Muslim (although my pictures do not reflect this, I thought Niqab may scare some off from talking with me). I am currently majoring in a World Religions Program with a Focus in Islamic Studies and dual majoring in Linguistics Arabic so I would like to let anyone know I will answer questions relating to Islam and transgender/transsexual issues. Many will find it hard to believe but this blessed religion actually creates a spot for us within the fold of Islam. Allah swt creates everyone and with a reason. Also many do not know that recently a Fatwa (religions ruling) has been passed to allow for SRS/GRS under certain circumstances. InshaAllah I can help some understand this misunderstood religion biggrin.gif Please feel free to email/message me any questions you are to nervous to post on here and I will inshaAllah respond quickly. Islam brought comfort to my heart pre and post op and has since made my life purposeful and meaningful. I have found my life to be more complete than ever as a Muslim wife and would like to share the truth about this religion with anyone interested. I find it sad that this forums is dead sad.gif

Lol, anyway, all over the place just letting you know there is a muslim on this forums willing to help and I will also forward any concerns of current Muslims to scholars and respond with their fatwas inshaAllah.

Wa Salam,

Nashida

Edited by MaryEllen
With all due respect, non- English phrase removed per rule 24 of the site Terms and Conditions
Guest MemoryAlpha

I am an Atheist but may I ask you about your opinion about the Ground Zero Mosque?

How does the misinformation the American public has about Islam influence your life?

(I know this isn't exactly trans related, but I was curious...)

Guest April63

Really? That's interesting. I didn't expect Islam to act that way. But I suppose it depends on the specific group of Islam. How is it exactly? You said it has made your life more complete and meaningful. Can you be more specific? In what ways has it completed your life? If you don't mind answering. But anyway, that's a cool major, and I'm glad you have found a spirituality that you enjoy :)

Guest Evan_J

Assalamu Alalkium wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh,

I am a Muslim (although my pictures do not reflect this, I thought Niqab may scare some off from talking with me). I am currently majoring in a World Religions Program with a Focus in Islamic Studies and dual majoring in Linguistics Arabic so I would like to let anyone know I will answer questions relating to Islam and transgender/transsexual issues. Many will find it hard to believe but this blessed religion actually creates a spot for us within the fold of Islam. Allah swt creates everyone and with a reason. Also many do not know that recently a Fatwa (religions ruling) has been passed to allow for SRS/GRS under certain circumstances. InshaAllah I can help some understand this misunderstood religion :D Please feel free to email/message me any questions you are to nervous to post on here and I will inshaAllah respond quickly. Islam brought comfort to my heart pre and post op and has since made my life purposeful and meaningful. I have found my life to be more complete than ever as a Muslim wife and would like to share the truth about this religion with anyone interested. I find it sad that this forums is dead :(

Lol, anyway, all over the place just letting you know there is a muslim on this forums willing to help and I will also forward any concerns of current Muslims to scholars and respond with their fatwas inshaAllah.

Wa Salam,

Nashida

Alayki Assalam  

Glad to find that the forum does not feel excluding to any.

Hope that you will find it hospitable.

For me, I will enjoy the knowledge you might share.

Hope to read many of your posts

Guest ~Brenda~

Dearest Alice :)

Your sharing of your love and faith is very wonderful :) I do not know the standard greeting of Muslims, but know that I give you that greeting :) (ignorance aside).

Please do share your faith honey. This is very important.

If one were to press me on my faith, I would say Christian Science. Like Islam, Christian Science is very misunderstood.

Please do share your faith. Let us all understand :)

All my Love

Brenda

Guest Alice4016

@MemoryAlpha:

I am totally for the Ground Zero Mosque; it's time to move on from 9/11 to be honest…totally time to move forward. People making this connection are just taking the idea that all muslims are terrorists; which as I'm sure many know is incorrect :P

The misinformation the USA has influences every muslims life; lol try flying with my last name (in english means Slave of the Peace (a name of Allah: The Peace)). Honestly speaking comparatively from transition and religious point of view I have lost more friends, family, and am treated horribly more from being Muslim than I was when I was transitioning :P lol…sooo…yes misinformed america has a very negative influence.

Also, to bring up a little point I guess that may be related, but I"ve noticed from within the community of Muslims the treatment we get from Americans (especially towards our foreign brothers and sisters) causes more extremism and radicalism than if Americans were to treat us nicely. I mean I have a totally different perspective of USA since becoming muslim and seeing how "my own people" treat us, I hate the people of this country (I know I know broad generalization, many are good; but most are very ignorant about many many things) and I loved them before reverting.

Okay, don't want to get "tagged" lol so leaving it there; the American outlook on Islam is not healthy and I am fearful that without a change in acceptance there will be a huge swing towards radical Islam in America in the next decade if not sooner; especially being that this is the fastest growing religion in America.

@April

There is a verse in the Quran that says "paraphrased" Allah swt (God) created three genders; Male, Female, and One in Between (or some translations a mixture of the two). Many interpret this as hermaphrodite but there is scholarly differences. Another point many do not know is that there is a place for transsexual/transgender people to pray (behind the men, in front of the women) who are not out, and many who do not "transition fully" (hate that terminology) ie. surgery take this option.

Further, a fatwa recently released by one of the better universities in Egypt has declared the legality of SRS under certain circumstances. Iran has also followed suit and allowed for sex changes for it's citizens who go through the proper treatment etc (although this is being abused by gay couples having one "transition" to allow them to be legal which, obviously is leading towards serious problems with suicide and depression post-op).

It's a lot to go into, but Islam is a very accepting religion; it's all about keep your sins to yourself and do not advertise. Transsexualism is in no way encouraged, but it's not shunned as in Catholicism or other abrahamic faiths.

Now, on a negative note crossdressing or those who make no intention to transition but still prefer to live as the "opposite" gender I have to be honest are not accepted at all. There is a prohibition on this clearly stated in Hadith. So it's either fully transition, conform to the rules, and keep it to yourself (in public around the community) or don't; but it's progress that many other religions do not have.

Islam also teaches us to not judge others and allow Allah swt (may he be exalted) to judge us for our sins, so many Muslims, even if not personally accepting a situation will not treat you poorly as many Hadith's talk about the way to treat other Muslims etc. Outside of the faith, you may get some bad reactions from Muslims, but in the fold of Islam there is a huge feeling of brotherhood and sisterhood. Hope this helps?

As far as completing my life; I have been on a spiritual journey as long as I have been on my "gender war" lol; and I tried every ism under the sun :P Alhamduillah I found Islam acceptable and it makes sense. it's logical rather than expecting blind faith from it's followers which fits with my way of looking at life; I hated the blind faith of many religions :(. Not that they are awful, just not for me :P. Islam is not like many religions, as in one day a week etc. Islam is a way of life, it dictates your entire way of life. How to eat, with what hand, when to pray, how to pray, etc etc. Honestly too much to explain in a short reply :P

Another note that was amazing plus to Islam is Modesty. Once I became "passable" I guess you'd say; I noticed the same problem many women have. We are not considered for what we have in our heads, but on our chest etc. Wearing hijab, or in my case burka (I thought a photo of a totally covered woman would scare the forums :P), I have to be considered on the merits of what I can offer to society, vs the bedroom. Also, men are much more respectful towards me now; when before they would practically touch without permission (was also living in So Cal where for some reason this seems to be a norm) :P

@Evan_J

I remember you :D An no worries about being offensive :P haha it's extremely hard to offend me..we'll at least when being in an honest quest for information :P

@bernii

I hate to say this but I am ignorant to Christian Science; although to be honest we have mainly maintained abrahamic religions and eastern thought so far in my courses, we have yet to touch on the "modern" religions (again a bad term but it's what is used :( ). I would love to hear about your faith as It is hugely interesting to me to know what drives others spiritually :D

• 2 months later...

Salam...

Hi Alice, glad to share Islamic review bout Islamic transgender perspective.

i am wondering how a muslim (female) was diagnose by expert that she was ftm, it means she can continue for a transition (using hormone)and became a man (her pronounce change to 'him'/'he', male voice, bodies, facial hair, man dresses), then how bout the solah? still prefered female/male according to shariah law bout the attitude, dress, social relationship???. need some advice and i'm really concern bout Islamic sensitivity..

thanks for read my quest..waiting for your responds.

nice to see you.

HayD

• 10 months later...

Hi, Alice,

Very interesting post. I have never met any muslim folks, and I do not know much about. Tel me, was Mahoma (Sp?) married, it yes, any children?

Jen61

• 4 months later...

Assalamu Alalkium wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh,

I am a Muslim (although my pictures do not reflect this, I thought Niqab may scare some off from talking with me). I am currently majoring in a World Religions Program with a Focus in Islamic Studies and dual majoring in Linguistics Arabic so I would like to let anyone know I will answer questions relating to Islam and transgender/transsexual issues. Many will find it hard to believe but this blessed religion actually creates a spot for us within the fold of Islam. Allah swt creates everyone and with a reason. Also many do not know that recently a Fatwa (religions ruling) has been passed to allow for SRS/GRS under certain circumstances. InshaAllah I can help some understand this misunderstood religion biggrin.gif Please feel free to email/message me any questions you are to nervous to post on here and I will inshaAllah respond quickly. Islam brought comfort to my heart pre and post op and has since made my life purposeful and meaningful. I have found my life to be more complete than ever as a Muslim wife and would like to share the truth about this religion with anyone interested. I find it sad that this forums is dead sad.gif

Wa Salam,

Nashida

Salam! You mentioned forwarding questions to scholars, is that really possible?