Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

meridian

A Terrific Article About A Parent's Experience

11 posts in this topic

In the mail today I found my copy of *Reform Judaism* magazine, which is sent to every household that belongs to a Reform congregation in the US and Canada: i.e. a lot of people. The cover story was on "Secrets," so I immediately opened it up, as I imagine many people will do. There I found, in addition to the cover story, an essay titled "The Transition," by a rabbi who has a transgendered son. What she describes is very similar to what most of us parents have felt. Thus I recommend it to all of you; here's the link to its online appearance: http://reformjudaismmag.org/Articles/index.cfm?id=1642. And I am delighted that so many people who knew little or nothing about transgender before will come to some understanding by reading this essay. This can only be helpful to all our children, and to all the transgendered people out there.

Love,

Meridian

Awesome article, thanks for sharing it. :)

I think “I called on God from a narrow place; God answered from a wide expanse.” should be better known for all those that believe.

Yes, I agree.

Love,

M

Oh Dang....

Honey, when I click it I get the page and the header and boarders, but, no text...

I really wanted to read that...

I'm sorry...

Donna Jean

That's more like it, Dawn...thank you!

Huggs

Donna Jean

wow this thing is criminal to URLs http://reformjudaismmag.org/Articles/index.cfm?id=1642

Ya got it that time, Sam!

Donna Jean

Meridian,

Thanks for sharing this article. It spoke to my heart.

Love,

Twinstar