Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest AndrewH

Short Hair Cuts For Girls?

11 posts in this topic

So Crystal got a hair cut while she was staying with her Dad this summer. She agreed to have it cut but now, she cringes when someone says to me "What cute little boy!" or "What a helpful little boy" if she is dressed down when we are out (say jeans and a white v-neck shirt) We have some little hair bows and stuff but they often fall out (thin straight hair) and don't want to cut it too much shorter but possibly re-style it a bit.

It's blunt cut accross the front and kind of tapered in the back. It isn't too short, was meant to look kind of like a photo of Justin Beiber but his bangs are longer.

Idk much about hair, I just got a simple pageboy which is sorta andro more then anything, have you though of maybe curling it a bit, not like curl curls but more like so it is a bit wavy with ringlets and the ends? Also same problem here with ties, bows and such, try to find the ones that look like those but actually are Barrettes. They'll stay put better.

There are children's hairstyle sites on the web with hundreds of pictures which may give you some ideas.

Another thing to try is different headbands. Also a lot of custom bows are made for thin fine hair. You can do a search on ebay under clothing shoes and accessories, children's accessories, with thin hair in the search box and find over 100 items. Be sure to check the title and description box because the thin hair phrase will usually be in the body of the listing.

Hope this helps some.

JJ

There are children's hairstyle sites on the web with hundreds of pictures which may give you some ideas.

Another thing to try is different headbands. Also a lot of custom bows are made for thin fine hair. You can do a search on ebay under clothing shoes and accessories, children's accessories, with thin hair in the search box and find over 100 items. Be sure to check the title and description box because the thin hair phrase will usually be in the body of the listing.

Hope this helps some.

JJ

Yeah good idea JJ, I'm not an online shopper so I didn't think about that, Also Like.com has a very unique search system which is easier to navigate then others I've seen.

Perhaps a headband? Or you could use a bandanna with some cute berets on the front.

Like this one.

Or this one.

Just make sure there is a little hair peeking out the front and let the tail of the bandanna hang out.

that gives me some ideas. Thanks. I'll show her the pics of the bandanas tommorrow. I have extra fabric around from things I have made and could easilly make one quickly if she likes them

A little beret would make her adorable! Works well with short hair aswell.

Yeah, thats a good idea, I tried to find the barrettes I was talking about online but failed miserably... [bTW Maria (Hilda) I know you're in here :lol:] Though I did fine directions for attaching ribbons to barrettes or bobby pins... which I'm not linking because the directions weren't that great... but basically you glue or sew the ribbon on.

A pixie cut is a very short girl's cut that you might be able to manage. A little feathering also tends to be very feminizing. I don't know what exactly the state of Crystal's hair is but if anything works for you I'll probably be suggesting it to my fiancee. Poor girl's stuck with a crew cut right now. :/

a crew cut? ouch... it's one thing if you want a cut like that but to be stuck with one when you don't would suck.

This cut is a bit longer than a pixie cut. It was meant look like Justin Beiber apparently and it isn't quite like that it's short but not super short and definitely boyish. I may see what a hairdresser can do about some feathering.

I don't know much about little girls hair styles but perhaps you can search for suggestions on "what to do if your daughter cuts her own hair" or "what to do if your daughter falls asleep with chewing gum and has parts of her hair cut off" .. etc... since typically those situations lead to the short styled haircut out of necessity. I remember a few girls I knew growing up that ran into those situations, maybe someone has put something out there for these situations?