• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Before/after Gallery?

Guest janeybeans

Guest janeybeans

Hi all,

I hope this doesn't sound too narcissistic.. I've spent the last few years disliking my increasingly masculine appearance; one of my fears if I did chose to transition would be that my features, facial in particular are irrevocably masculine and would make "passing" impossible. I think my worst feature is my nose (even for a guy, it's pretty bold) and there's no hope of being able to afford any form of surgery within the next few years.

But I've looked at almost every thread in the passing forum now and you all seem to be doing great! Though it's often difficult to tell how far people have come. I was wondering if there's a place where I can see examples of HRT results for MTFs, ideally over various monthly intervals and in particular of those around my age (23).

This is something I've wondered about too. When I see some of the after pictures, I can't even envision a male past. In my case, I'd be interested in the, shall we say, more experienced generation. :) If there are those willing to share, I'd love to see their journey. dk

Guest janeybeans

Well, it only just occurred to me, but I checked youtube; there's quite a few montage videos.

I particularly like these ones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAJBpXgN94Q

My heart literally skipped a beat at seeing some of the staggering changes.

I'm afraid the links I posted are all to twenty-somethings, but searching for various combinations of "mtf, hormone, month, effects, photo" produces lots of results.

Janey, I've been following the person in your first video for awhile now. She actually went for female feminization surgery about a month ago. That video is my favorite MTF physical transition video.

Jenny

God, I wish I had done progression shots as I went through the transition. I always was (still am) camera shy, because I can't stand pictures where I can still see male features, (which are most pictures that are taken of me.)

Please, new people just starting out, hear me! I really was to see a time-lapse video of a transitioning person. Just take a picture of yourself, same-angle, everyday, from the beginning of your transition to the end (where you're satisfied with your look). Save each picture in a folder, file-named with the date it was taken, then afterward compile them all, in-order in a video, each pic a frame. It will look astonishing!

• Admin

Wonderful montages, Janey. Thanks for posting them.

I think its good for the teens to see those, since several of these women appear to be in their early 20's. It's proof that you don't

need to start HRT when you're 16 to have fantastic effects.

Oh, to be young again. *sigh*

Carolyn Marie

"I think my worst feature is my nose (even for a guy, it's pretty bold) and there's no hope of being able to afford any form of surgery within the next few years."

But does your nose actually have anything to do with hormones...? :blink: I didn't think being born male or female would effect nose size.

Guest Elizabeth K

I have nose problems (stop it Sally! don't say it Dee Jay! quiet Carolyn Marie! Be kind JohnJ! No comments ya'll!)

So I can empathize! It's rather narrow though, and looks good straight on - but if I turn? If its a windy day, it acts like a sail and I have to turn in the direction it wants to go!

BUT

Women sometimes have large noses. Someday, yes, I would like to have it shaped - but...

We are really our own worst critics. So don't worry... HRT softens our complexions and feminizes our faces - no, doesn't work on the nose, darn it!

Lizzy

Guest janeybeans

But does your nose actually have anything to do with hormones...? :blink: I didn't think being born male or female would effect nose size.

There are differences, I think male noses are generally longer and wider (especially by the eyes). Although, it's true I've seen GGs with large noses that make me feel quite glad to have mine as it is.

Hormones won't change the shape of the nose (bone/cartilage) but I mentioned it because I'm interested to see how MTFs with particularly unfortunate noses look after HRT. As Elizabeth says, there's general softening and feminisation of the face.. which would hopefully reduce the impact of such a nose, even though it would be unaffected.

Okay, that definitely makes me sound narcissistic now!

God, I wish I had done progression shots as I went through the transition. I always was (still am) camera shy, because I can't stand pictures where I can still see male features, (which are most pictures that are taken of me.)

Please, new people just starting out, hear me! I really was to see a time-lapse video of a transitioning person. Just take a picture of yourself, same-angle, everyday, from the beginning of your transition to the end (where you're satisfied with your look). Save each picture in a folder, file-named with the date it was taken, then afterward compile them all, in-order in a video, each pic a frame. It will look astonishing!

I haven't been taking a picture every day ... but I am taking several whenever I'm in the mood, generally at least one day per week. They're not all in the same angle, but maybe it'll turn out similar to what you envision :) It's just too bad my webcam was so horrible for the first couple months. I'll be glad to post a montage of some sort when I'm further along. I've got 5 and a half months on HRT so far.

Well, it only just occurred to me, but I checked youtube; there's quite a few montage videos.

I particularly like these ones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAJBpXgN94Q

My heart literally skipped a beat at seeing some of the staggering changes.

I'm afraid the links I posted are all to twenty-somethings, but searching for various combinations of "mtf, hormone, month, effects, photo" produces lots of results.

Funny, I actually watched the second and last yesterday :P When I watch the HRT montages I like to look at the first picture and then skip to towards the end of the video to just see the change in a snap. The last one was downright amazing. She was so lucky to end up looking so great.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Erin Quinn

It's so wonderful to see these women going through their process and being so brave as to put it online. Truth be told, I can't make it through any of these without breaking into tears, it's just amazing to see.

Is it wrong if I sit here thinking I'll never reach that point, I just can't imagine it right now.

But it's great to see so many coming into their lives, its beautiful

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Erin Quinn

Here is my before shot. It's back from 2005 so it's a bit old.

And below is my current shot. I'm currently 8 months and 4 days into hrt.

Photoon2010-09-14at00142.jpg

Looking great Natalie =) and that top is super cute. Thank you so much for sharing ^_^

Guest Erin Quinn

I guess I will have a go at this!

This was taken in April. Guess I had no idea how to smile. I had just gotten out of the salon. Hadn't started HRT, was nervous, unsure, and excited all at the same time.

My link

Here I am; One Year, One Month later. It's been a crazy 13 months since I came out to myself. I've never felt so happy, and I wish everyone that same happiness. This is the pic where I finally saw the woman I am and always dreamed of being. This is 4 months into HRT

My link

Guest NatalieRene

This was taken in April. Guess I had no idea how to smile. I had just gotten out of the salon. Hadn't started HRT, was nervous, unsure, and excited all at the same time.

My link

Here I am; One Year, One Month later. It's been a crazy 13 months since I came out to myself. I've never felt so happy, and I wish everyone that same happiness. This is the pic where I finally saw the woman I am and always dreamed of being. This is 4 months into HRT

My link

Thats just four months of hrt and nothing else? Wow

Guest KimberlyF

My link

That first pic is my mother's expression that we have on vid all the time. And she says she just hates being photographed, but there are vids of her walking around like that when she didn't know the camera was on her. She's just really insecure and not happy most of the time. And she directs it inward. Even though you don't have like a huge over the top characterture smile in the second pic, there is a lot more obvious happiness and self-confidence.

Kim

Guest Donna Jean

Erin......

Wow...how wonderful..two totally different people!

When we shed that old self and find our new...hgappiness shines through like light through a cheap slip!

Looking good, Hon!

Huggs!

Donna Jean

Guest Erin Quinn

Thats just four months of hrt and nothing else? Wow

For the most part. The hair is a wig (for now); but no laser or electro or ffs. Just make up and camera luck

Thanks =)