• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Silence

Guest Cowboy

Silence

By Colton Reed

The tension is high as he sits there,

Wondering what she's thinking, what she's hiding behind that saddened stare.

He would do anything for her, any time of the day,

But he feels he's let to much time slip away.

They both know what is coming next,

As they sit there, in the silence.

The days come and go, the emptiness grows.

It's hard to adjust, when you don't remember the feeling of being alone.

He sits and prays that she's okay.

He hasn't seen or heard from her in days.

He misses her voice, and the way she feel asleep in his arms.

How did something so strong, fall so quickly apart?

She's the only one who can answer these questions he keeps asking his self,

Almost gives up hope, just as the ringing of his phone breaks the silence.

It's a message from her, something he knows she meant to say.

A "hey I miss you, hope you're having a good day."

He wasn't going to respond, but rethought the decision.

Almost admits the pain he feels, but decides to make a last second revision.

He tells a simple white lie instead.

"Everything is going ok, been kinda sick, and staying in bed."

As he hits send, he wishes he would have told the truth,

And as he thoughts race on, he fades back into the silence of the room.

She didn't have a response for the lie he had told.

But finally the day came, where he had to find some peace for his soul.

Keyed in her number, and asked the question he never thought he would have to say,

Couldn't bare the hurt, so all he typed was, "what's goin' on with us babe?"

She text him back, said she didn't know.

He sat there in disbelief, reading the words off of his phone.

She was telling him the same things that he felt.

He couldn't believe how bad things turned out, he was disappointed in himself.

So he sent her the words that hurt so bad,

He said his last I love you, and ended with "I just cant believe I'm giving away the best thing I ever had"

She said she agreed, that she also thought it was best.

And as he read the last words, he disappeared into the silence.

As the days pass, he feels just about everything.

Almost thinks he's losing his mind because of all the pain.

He can barely breathe when the memories return.

He still fights back tears every time he thinks of her.

Everyday he jokes and laughs, tries his best to forget and have fun.

Hiding the pain he feels inside, away from everyone.

He does his best to battle all the self guilt,

Locking up what he really feels, behind the walls he built.

But with every new day, he makes progress.

Step after step, breath after breath.

Anything that was ever hers is gone, even the pictures too.

Getting rid of the past helps him heal, as much as it hurts to do.

And as I fade away from the world, and all of it's madness,

I sit here hoping I will once again find myself…. Somewhere in the silence.

An absolutely beautiful poem.

I could not do what he did and fight back the tears because this so clearly evoked those old feelings of the pains that I have had as well.

The bad news is that the scars will stay with you but the good news is that they fade and so does the pain.

He will survive and someday find a greater happiness invade that silence and his life will be much better than it ever was before.

If it is any help at all 'he' can always call me, it might just help to hear a friendly voice.

I love you, Cowboy - I know personally that it is no substitute for a romance but sometimes a good solid friendship is a tremendous help.

Sally

• Admin

There is never a good way for a relationship to die, is there, Colton?

There is a song that Emmylou Harris sang called "Riding Alone" that speaks to your feelings. The last lines read:

No red river ever ran deeper

Than this old cowboy's love

Than this cowboy's love that runs true

A beautiful poem, my friend.

Carolyn Marie

Guest Elizabeth K

Why do we lose those things we so love - how is that possible..

And we do it...

And we continue... better? Worse? Donno...

We continue on anyway we can.

Nicely done!

Lizzy

If it is any help at all 'he' can always call me, it might just help to hear a friendly voice.

I love you, Cowboy - I know personally that it is no substitute for a romance but sometimes a good solid friendship is a tremendous help.

Sally

.... smile.gif

There is never a good way for a relationship to die, is there, Colton?

Definitely not.

I can relate.

Yeah after i posted mine i read yours and i could relate as well.

Love's a crazy thing eh bro?

• Forum Moderator

Moving and it beautifully captures te end of a relationship. A pain we all suffer yet each individually and alone.

Very good Colton. And I hope that time is softening the blow.

JJ

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 105 Guests (See full list)

• Ivy
    • Charlize
    • Maddee
    • Hannah Renee
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • MaryEllen
    • Betty K
    • Adrianna Danielle