• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What Stage are you?

Petra Jane

Guest KellyKat

Your COGIATI result value is: 540 Which means that you fall within the following category:COGIATI classification FIVE, TRANSSEXUAL

390 to 650         Class 5 (Classic Transsexual)

No big surprise here. ;)

S.A.G.E. Test ResultsYour Raw Score is: 1145, which indicates that overall you are Very Feminine.

Your appearance is Feminine. Your brain processes are mostly that of a Feminine Female person.

You appear to socialize in a very feminine manner. You believe you have serious conflicts about your gender identity.

You indicated your were born Male.

ANALYSIS: If your physical sex is Male your analysis confuses S.A.G.E., as you appear to be living in a Female gender role,

but have not apparently done anything to alter your physical appearance.

Leading this program to wonder if you are actually Intersexed?

NOTES: Your Answers indicate your psychological state has likely prevailed since you were quite young.

Gee... another shocker!! lol :D

Well it was fun...

Luv Kat :)

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Petra Jane

• pennyjane

• Zufrieden

• Sally

Guest ma-head-a-spinnin

Just ran both test, again:dry.gif

COGIATI:

Class 4, Probable Transsexual

S.A.G.E.:

Your Raw Score is: 535, which indicates that overall you are FeminineYour appearance is Androgynous Your brain processes are mostly that of a Female person. You appear to socialize in a feminine manner. You believe you have major conflicts about your gender identity. You indicated your were born Male.

ANALYSIS:

Male to Female Transsexual, either post-operative or in transition

NOTES:

Your Answers indicate your psychological state has likely prevailed since you were quite young.

I don't agree with the note. I`m 22 and only now, do I feel like my head is in a vice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

Ok interesting, I spent about 20 minutes on it, had to walk away a few times, however.

Your COGIATI result value is: 165

Which means that you fall within the following category:

COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL

Cindy -

As a preface, I don't have much stock in these types of test. I took the COGIATI and it gave me back feminine male as the answer which is probably a reasonably good one but several of the questions are poorly constructed in my opinion (I have no problem hugging people but wouldn't want to hug a stranger not because I have a hug aversion but because hello, they're a STRANGER!) and the same goes for the SAGE though I think it was a little better. But I'm still of the opinion that both test more accurately test how much you conform to sterotypes than anything else. The big annoyance I got out of SAGE was the questions regarding things like car work and house work. Car work is something I like to do but I don't get aroused by it, I just like understanding how things work, in a similar manner I enjoy cooking and doing things around the house but I get no arousal out of it. I think those questions are strange. :blink:

I tried to answer as honestly as I could given some poor question construction. I also kind of made a fib about the sexual attraction questions as I KNOW that I am only really bi-curious at this point and not truly bisexual.

Your Raw Score is: -380, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

Your appearance is Masculine

Your brain processes are mostly that of a Androgynous person.

You appear to socialize in a androgynous manner.

You believe you have mild conflicts about your gender identity.

You indicated your were born Male.

ANALYSIS:

Male to Female Crossdresser

NOTES:

* You are in a statistical minority as a bisexual crossdresser. Most crossdressers are heterosexual. Your motivation for crossdressing may be driven by the binary nature of your sexuality, as a way to more fully explore the Female gender role.

* Your answers indicate you may be AUTOGYNEPHILIC. Your answers indicate you may fit the following type(s):

o Physiologic: arousal from the idea of having opposite sex physiology. This does not necessarily mean you WANT the physiology of the opposite sex, you just find the IDEA of it exciting.

These results seem more reasonable than the other test thanks for posting about it. The last bit is actually the thing I'm mostly disputing in my mind as in, is it really just that?

Out of curiosity, is there a really flushed out clinical way to do this that therapist use for patients or is it more the really gray area I think it is?

Out of curiosity, is there a really flushed out clinical way to do this that therapist use for patients or is it more the really gray area I think it is?

I believe it is in the really gray area. As far as I know, there is no 'Standardized' Test being used. So please do not be overly concerned as to how you might do on this or other 'Gender ID' tests found on the Interweb.

Huggs,

Opal

Thanks for the answer! That is what I figured but its good to have conformation. Like I said, I never really put much stock in the internet quizes so I'll guess I'll just have to wait and see what'll turn up in therapy. :)

I scored a 305. But I don't take much stock in the test. There are many questions with multiple answers I felt could relate to me.

Jenny

Guest Samurai_Kid

I've seen that test dozens of times but never taken it. It's sad that they only have a MTF version..

I'd just switch any MTF directed lines to FTM versions, but that'd screw it up.

I'll.. Gee. I can never finish this thing; I quit. My attention span is short to these things..

Guest sleeping chrysalid

I took this test on several occasions at different times. I only checked the actual numerical score for the most recent two but all tests placed me in classication four: probable transexual. The two scores I checked were 230 and 250. There are occasions when I doubt myself and others in which I am certain that I am transgendered and this test, though not scientific, will provide me with some insight.

Guest sarah f

Everyone should remember that this test isn't perfect. Just because you tested to be a 3 or 4 doesn't mean you dont need to transition to be happy. That is what a gender therapist is for. This test is just a starting point. Don't let your results get you down.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wingsonair

Mm..I dislike the COGIATI. It bases everything it asks on stereotypical ideals on how a woman should act. Everyone is different, and no test can tell you who you are.

Either way, I took it and got "class 4".

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Cynthia Of Creation

<rant>

Wow... just wow. This test is mind-bogglingly sexist. It's just one absurd stereotype after another. Apparently because I'm a woman I can't parallel park, can't read a map, and am incapable of solving mathematical problems. ???

<end rant>

thats right. lol

i hate math, but i am great at geomtry and such, maps sounds, driving, actually my car lost traction during ran it started to swivle and it seemed liike i was gnna endup crashing onto the side walk but i pulled it off and regained control of my car! and didnt end up crashing. Some of it was definatly steriotipcal although i also know im a bit of a tomboy, although a lot of it is acurate schoolastic and actions that have no bases for emotions like driving, i think really dont count like billards. its a guys game but best player is a women! I actually read maps and graphs and blueprints and instructions better than anyone guys and girl im in a class of my own with that.

I scored a 295, i cant remember first time. There is also a flexibility issue because not every answer describes a person exactly so i would say although not accurate it does reflect fairly well what range you might be in. I know im Transexual although you will see racing my car on a drag stri[ and playing billards and going to a heavy metal rock show!

once again 295 class IV

i think when i took it four months ago i was 275

PS: its not so much sexist, but really co-relational people tend to embrace steriotypes and therefore they forfill their own prophicies.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest XSarahX

Scored a 155; probable transexual. I don't think any of my friends would pick that. I reckon it's a pretty good description of who I am. But maybe I'd skew more towards category 5 instead of 4.

Sarah

ccc