• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What Stage are you?

Petra Jane

• Root Admin

The Cogiati Test Link

Remember, its not scientific. But it does seem to be very close to some professional Psychological tests Laura took years ago. Jennifer did a nice job. Besides the test was kind of fun. The test link is also on the Fun stuff page of my site.

The recommendations made after your results are received are excellent. She should have been a psychologist. Its interesting to note that test is still talked about as widely now as when it first came out.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Petra Jane

• pennyjane

• Zufrieden

• Sally

Guest NickSister

I came up as:

220 - COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL

Really interesting and surprising. About 4 years back I would have scored closer to androgyne. Untill recently I would have said I was an androgyne with some conviction. But lately things have been getting increasingly more difficult to cope with and I have been leaning increasingly towards the feminine.

The world just keeps getting more interesting doesn't it ? :( *sigh*

Guest Nuckles-Michelle

welli ntook the test off your link and scored a 25 class three androgyne just like the other times

so the test is consistant.

surprise of surprises, i scored 430, class V transsexual. it is important that i take immediate action to treat my circumstances. i liked the question about how i might feel if my... boy thingy...<ha ha! beat you to it> fell off. correct answer, just cost me 17.5K to make that happen. would that be a...pretty good i guess? anyway, maybe i shouldn't make light of it, i'm just in a pretty good mood today. lotsa love and hope, pj

Guest Sarah

well i took the test about a year ago, result +80 androgyn (around the time i came out to my parents)

i took it again half a year ago and it was 200 something class 4 possible ts

with both there were a lot of questions i didn't know the answer to, and just gambled

so i took it back recently and tried to answer every question where i didn't know the answer on as masculine as possible (so minus 10) en if i doubted between more answers i took the most masculine out of those

and still i scored -115 which is still in the androgyn class 3, which just makes me think i'm right about being androgyn, which i still find kind of scary... but i have supprotive parents, and my siblings are okay with it, yeay me ^_^

Guest Kiera

Consistent with my prior results... and good advice too :-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your COGIATI result value is: 455 Which means that you fall within the following category:

COGIATI classification FIVE, TRANSSEXUAL

What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity and Transexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be female. According to COGIATI, your mind and gender identity is that of a woman. You essentially fit the model of the classic transsexual, and you should not ignore your gender issues, they will only become more severe. You definately need to seek treatment.

SUGGESTIONS FOR ACTION:

Your situation is serious and highly indicative of an inborn gender conflict. It is strongly recommended that you pursue further action.

The suggestions for your circumstance are important.

1. It is recommended that you seek help from a sympathetic counselor or professional about your gender issues. Over time they will become increasingly difficult to cope with. Early confirmation and diagnosis of your transsexuality is vital. The sooner you seek help, the more likely you are to not only survive, but to be happy as well.

2. Some actions may help you to define your condition to yourself more clearly. Experimenting with living full time as a woman, taking hormones for a short time under supervision, or taking testosterone suppressors to observe how you feel are all viable options. Keep in mind that while it is extemely likely that you are a transsexual, it is not certain. Do not take severe or permanent actions without careful thought and the help of counselors and professionals.

3. Your gender issues are real, and should not be ignored! Neither should you rush into acting on them, however powerful they may feel. Transition to a body with a female sex may be your salvation, but it is imperative that you be absolutely sure of what you really want. Act IMMEDIATELY to pursue solving your gender dysphoria. Seek professional help IMMEDIATELY!

4. If you have not already, consider joining any of the thousands of groups devoted to gender expression of various kinds. There are literally a world of friends to discover who share your interests. There are also publications, vacations, and activities that would expand your gender expression.

5. You have my wishes for your happiness, my sister. Good Luck

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huggles and Loves

Kiera

Guest Amanda

I scored 400 class 5 transsexual

Not that it confirms anything. lol. I always knew whom I was and my doctors and psychologists know it to without taking any tests.

In this world we live in, I am just happy to be me, A kind Compassionate Caring Beautiful and Intelligent Woman whom is full of

Love joy and respect for all around. :rolleyes:

Hugs & Love

Amanda

Guest Sophie Jean

No surprises for me. I wonder why I'm so confused :P

Your COGIATI result value is: 170 Which means that you fall within the following category:

COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL

What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be essentially feminine, but with some masculine or androgynous traits. It is very possible that you are a candidate for a diagnosis of transsexualism. You show a strong degree of gender dysphoria. At the very least, further investigation should be undertaken. Your COGIATI score places you among the majority of those diagnosed as transsexuals, the 'late onset' tanssexual.

SUGGESTIONS FOR ACTION:

Your situation is potentially serious and indicative of a probable inborn gender conflict. It is definitely recommended that you pursue further action.

The suggestions for your circumstance are several.

It is recommended that you seek help from a sympathetic counselor or professional about your gender issues. It is very possible that over time they will become increasingly difficult to cope with. Early determination of what you really need and want is vital. You need to determine if you truly are transsexual. Keep in mind, thought, that many alternatives exist other than complete sexual transformation. Partial transformation and many other way of existing are available. While you are very possibly a transsexual, COGIATI has determined that this is not absolutely certain. While time is an issue, being certain is more important. Proceed with investigation of your possible transsexuality or transgenderism, but with caution.

Some actions may help you to define your needs more clearly. Experimenting with living full time as a woman, taking hormones for a short time under supervision, or taking testosterone suppressers to observe how you feel are all viable options. Keep in mind that while it is very likely that you might be a transsexual, it is not certain. Do not take severe or permanent actions without long thought and the help of counselors and professionals.

Your gender issues are real, and should not be ignored. Neither should you rush into acting on them, however powerful they may feel. You do not fit the full criterion for the rarest classification, classic transsexuality, and so should be cautious, and open to possibilities. You may yet end up undergoing transition, and the path of the transsexual may well be your salvation. Be very careful, but do not ignore your issues.

If you have not already, consider joining any of the thousands of groups devoted to gender expression of various kinds. There is literally a world of friends to discover who share your interests. There are also publications, vacations, and activities that would expand your gender expression.

Guest Bobbi Dee

HI, All here is my score.

Your COGIATI result value is: 420 Which means that you fall within the following category:

COGIATI classification FIVE, TRANSSEXUAL

No big surprise there!

Bobbi Dee

I found the COGIATI test interesting. It mixes (at least) two different concepts: The gender of the rational mind and feelings about your body. I never thought about the fact that I have a very "classically male" mind, mathematics, spatial relations, etc. On the other hand I liked the question about how big a party you'd throw if something fell off! FYI: I got -60.

Edited by Zufrieden
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest SamanthA

I got a 270 on it which is type 4: probable transsexual

This test confuses me though. To many questions have similar answers. There needs to be an obvious answer for "i dont know" because i just fill in random ones when i dont know what to put

Edited by SamanthA

As far as I know there isn't a test like this for FtMs, though I would still put more value on how I see myself then on any test. However, I can see how this test could help someone who is unsure of themselves.

I've taken a few joke tests, like those quiz things people plaster all over their blogs, and those normally end up saying I'm slightly femme. I already knew I was a feminine guy LOL.

~Mani

• 1 month later...
Guest Lethalia

Hello. I’m not really sure where to post this, so, uh… here we go. I just took the COGIATI test. Holy cow, Escher, that ice cube question completely threw me. And there was no “I don’t even know where my head is now” answer. I also didn’t know how to answer the hormone therapy question as I am to poor to do anything… In fact, I have zero money. Now, the COGIATI test results said that I was a class five… and that my situation is serious and highly indicative of an inborn gender conflict. Yeah, that played merry hell with my childhood. The results also said that it was strongly recommended that I pursue further action… and something about “IMMEDIATELY!” I know it’s not a professional test (as if there was one). You know what… I don’t know really where to post this. Okay.

Me.

Guest Katie-Louise

Took the COGIATI Test and I got classification FIVE, TRANSSEXUAL with the score 390. and thats what it says:

What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be female. According to COGIATI, your mind and gender identity is that of a woman. You essentially fit the the model of the classic transsexual, and you should not ignore your gender issues, they will only become more severe. You definitely need to seek treatment.

SUGGESTIONS FOR ACTION:

Your situation is serious and highly indicative of an inborn gender conflict. It is strongly recommended that you pursue further action.

The suggestions for your circumstance are important.

It is recommended that you seek help from a sympathetic counselor or professional about your gender issues. Over time they will become increasingly difficult to cope with. Early confirmation and diagnosis of your transsexuality is vital. The sooner you seriously seek help, the more likely you are to not only survive, but to be happy as well.

Some actions may help you to define your condition to yourself more clearly. Experimenting with living full time as a woman, taking hormones for a short time under supervision, or taking testosterone suppressers to observe how you feel are all viable options. Keep in mind that while it is extremely likely that you are a transsexual, it is not certain. Do not take severe or permanent actions without careful thought and the help of counselors and professionals.

Your gender issues are real, and should not be ignored! Neither should you rush into acting on them, however powerful they may feel. Transition to a body with a female sex may be your salvation, but it is imperative that you be absolutely sure of what your really want. Act IMMEDIATELY to pursue solving your gender dysphoria. Seek professional assistance IMMEDIATELY!

If you have not already, consider joining any of the thousands of groups devoted to gender expression of various kinds. There is literally a world of friends to discover who share your interests. There are also publications, vacations, and activities that would expand your gender expression.

You have my wishes for your happiness, my sister. Good luck.

Guest Day / Ducky

Your COGIATI result value is: 110 Which means that you fall within the following category:

COGIATI classification THREE, ANDROGYNE

What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be essentially androgynous, both male and female at the same time, or possibly neither. In some cultures in history, you would be considered to be a third sex, independent of the polarities of masculine or feminine. Your gender issues are intrinsic to your construction, and you will most likely find your happiness playing with expressing both genders as you feel like it.

so far i have goten this every time i take it.

I only hope no one puts too much emphasis on the COGIATI. It's not much more than a game at best. When I last did it, the result was class 4. The year before, class 3. I don't put any faith in those two results. I've always classified myself as class 5. I don't care what the quiz says.

I just think anything that classifies you as feminine or not based on whether you can parallel park or do math is baloney. By the way, I do not enjoy hugs from men who are strangers. I've never met a GG who does. If a guy tried that with me, I'd punch him out. Too bad that option wasn't on the list. (Probably worth -50.)

Question 54. A stranger is happy at meeting you. He wants to give you a hug. How do you honestly feel about this?

By the way, I happen to be very good at parallel parking and math. :P

• 4 weeks later...
Guest GoldenKirbichu

"The

COMBINED GENDER IDENTITY AND TRANSSEXUALITY INVENTORY

(COGIATI)

Your COGIATI result value is: -290 Which means that you fall within the following category:

COGIATI classification TWO, FEMININE MALE

What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be mostly masculine, and that your gender issues are primarily matters of personal expression rather than a medical problem. Any struggles you have are most likely caused by internal shame over your needs and desires, or because of curiosity over what those needs represent. There is, however, some indication of a strong feminine side to your being, and this is intrinsic to your constitution.

SUGGESTIONS FOR ACTION:

Your situation is fairly uncomplicated, so you should be relieved.

Since your situation is almost certainly not a matter of any real physical or biological concern, the suggestions for your circumstance are relatively simple.

If you have any uncomfortability about your gender expression, counseling might well prove helpful. The primary goal would be to make it possible for you to enjoy your gender expressions free from any shame or embarrassment, and to resolve any remaining questions you might have.

Your gender issues and expressions are more than mere play, and are a form of personal identity expression, but this is no indication of transsexualism. Indeed, all information suggests that the path of the transsexual is not one you should take, as it would almost certainly lead to severe unhappiness. It is possible that a partial step towards greater feminine expression might lead to greater happiness, but such an undertaking should be approached with extreme caution.

If you have not already, consider joining any of the thousands of groups devoted to gender play of various varieties. There is literally a world of friends to discover who share your interests. There are also publications, vacations, and activities that would expand your gender play."

Feminine male? Ugh.

For a biased test made for MtFs that's probably about as masculine as you get. @_@

Is COGIATI Stage 1 masculine male? I should have gotten that instead - I'm a lot more masculine than feminine, but a lot of the answers were really ambiguous/strange. I agree a lot of the classifications of masculinity or femininity based off of certain traits is bologna. (Baloney, bologna...)

• 5 months later...
Guest Vince Gothfairy

I got half way through this test and realised it was geared towards originally male people as it asked questions involving rather lose male genitals but never female. opps.

Guest savagedm

I took it a month ago and I believe I got a 360? Which was class four if I remember. I imagine it is right on the cusp of class 4 and 5 I believe lol.

~Brooke

• 5 months later...
Guest SamanthA

The last time I took it I got something like a 180, which is a class 4 probable transexxual. The previous time I took it i got below that in the class 3 range. For my early school years I basically sucked at school all around so I have a hard time answering those questions. The first time I hadn't driven a car yet so I didn't know how to answer those questions either so I guessed. It seems like it is mostly for people that are older. And the question about knowing if some one is having an affair or if some one is secretly disliking you. I don't know the answers to those questions because I am pretty sure that has never happened to me before... I think you should be able to leave some blank that you don't know and then it should take the percentage of what you got right I guess you could say and apply it to the end. Like 0-20% male, 21-40% feminine male, etc. I think that would be at least a little bit more accurate. Idk if that makes any sense to anyone else...

Your COGIATI result value is: 40 Which means that you fall within the following category:

COGIATI classification THREE, ANDROGYNE

But I consider myself a class Four. Working to get my crazy self sorted out :D