• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What Stage are you?

Petra Jane

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zufrieden

• gennee

• Sally

• Paula ult

That was fun, but I am a math nerd *pushes up glasses* I think that counted against me as a woman lol

the test says I should seek further treatment but little does testy know that I have already hah!!

Lol Nikki

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest DisDwarf

I took the COGIATI thrice. I'm a biological male, I identify as female and I've an androgynous personality.

The first time my result was 65, androgyne (on the female side).

The second time it was 275, class 4 probable transsexual (female).

The third time it was 165, still class 4.

ALL tests I've taken, such as SAGE or BBC test etc, indicate that I think in feminine patterns or that I'm female.

Guest Natalie92

Am I the ONLY one who seems to have a problem that this test seems to make it look like all girls are incapable of solving math problems and are terrible with directions?

Guest childofwinter

I've done it about three times and always got category three. My result from the last time -

Your COGIATI result value is: 15 Which means that you fall within the following category:

COGIATI classification THREE, ANDROGYNE

What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be essentially androgynous, both male and female at the same time, or possibly neither. In some cultures in history, you would be considered to be a third sex, independent of the polarities of masculine or feminine. Your gender issues are intrinsic to your construction, and you will most likely find your happiness playing with expressing both genders as you feel like it.

Guest childofwinter
Hi Kalley, the only other one I know of is quite similar...http://www.hemingways.org/GIDinfo/sage/index.htm.

I don't place too much emphasis on clothes, so the crossdressing result is slightly inaccurate, but these tests are never really that scientific anyway. Also, I don't really have any desire to dress in female clothes.

S.A.G.E. Test Results

Your Raw Score is: -325, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

Your appearance is Quite Masculine

Your brain processes are mostly that of a Androgynous person.

You appear to socialize in a androgynous manner.

You believe you have mild conflicts about your gender identity.

You indicated your were born Male.

ANALYSIS:

Male to Female Crossdresser

NOTES:

You are in a statistical minority as a bisexual crossdresser. Most crossdressers are heterosexual. Your motivation for crossdressing may be driven by the binary nature of your sexuality, as a way to more fully explore the Female gender role.

Guest i is Sam :-)

Well I did it again, to see if my answers would change since i started this journey, and it now gives me probably transsexual, rather than probably androgynous. so yeah kinda interesting, but I still don't comfortably fit with any of the answers to about 50% of the questions

like for instance

You are in a public place, such as a waiting room or a park bench. Circumstances require you to sit VERY closely to another person of the same sex. How do you feel about this inside?

I feel uneasy on the rare occasion.

I feel perfectly comfortable. It's not a big deal.

I don't really like to sit close like that.

I feel a little uncomfortable with it.

Sitting close kind of bothers me a little.

I mean what????!!!!! Where is, thier gender doesn't matter to me in the slightest, I don't like sitting very close to anyone if I can help it, unless I know them intimately.

Guest Joanna Phipps

Your COGIATI result value is: 325 Which means that you fall within the following category:

COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL

What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be essentially feminine, but with some masculine or androgynous traits. It is very possible that you are a candidate for a diagnosis of transsexualism. You show a strong degree of gender dysphoria. At the very least, further investigation should be undertaken. Your COGIATI score places you among the majority of those diagnosed as transsexuals, the 'late onset' tanssexual.

SUGGESTIONS FOR ACTION:

Your situation is potentially serious and indicative of a probable inborn gender conflict. It is definitely recommended that you pursue further action.

The suggestions for your circumstance are several.

It is recommended that you seek help from a sympathetic counselor or professional about your gender issues. It is very possible that over time they will become increasingly difficult to cope with. Early determination of what you really need and want is vital. You need to determine if you truly are transsexual. Keep in mind, thought, that many alternatives exist other than complete sexual transformation. Partial transformation and many other way of existing are available. While you are very possibly a transsexual, COGIATI has determined that this is not absolutely certain. While time is an issue, being certain is more important. Proceed with investigation of your possible transsexuality or transgenderism, but with caution.

Some actions may help you to define your needs more clearly. Experimenting with living full time as a woman, taking hormones for a short time under supervision, or taking testosterone suppressers to observe how you feel are all viable options. Keep in mind that while it is very likely that you might be a transsexual, it is not certain. Do not take severe or permanent actions without long thought and the help of counselors and professionals.

Your gender issues are real, and should not be ignored. Neither should you rush into acting on them, however powerful they may feel. You do not fit the full criterion for the rarest classification, classic transsexuality, and so should be cautious, and open to possibilities. You may yet end up undergoing transition, and the path of the transsexual may well be your salvation. Be very careful, but do not ignore your issues.

If you have not already, consider joining any of the thousands of groups devoted to gender expression of various kinds. There is literally a world of friends to discover who share your interests. There are also publications, vacations, and activities that would expand your gender expression.

Ok sure you daft test, Probable transsexual I have my GID diagnosis (there goes probable) 7 months RLE and 5 months on 'mones and it only thinks Im probable

Guest DisDwarf
S.A.G.E. Test Results

Your Raw Score is: -325, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

interesting, i didnt know SAGE had an androgyne category. my score was 665 female (serious candidate for MTF SRS surgery). I feel like female with androgyne characteristics inside... but essentially female.

Guest Jana Johnson

When I did the test at first time, it said, that I was androgyn. I did it again some days ago, and the result: 250, probable transsexual. But I'm still confused...

Guest Penelope

At the risk of a 'me too' entry:

Your COGIATI result value is: -75 Which means that you fall within the following category:

COGIATI classification THREE, ANDROGYNE

What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be essentially androgynous, both male and female at the same time, or possibly neither. In some cultures in history, you would be considered to be a third sex, independent of the polarities of masculine or feminine. Your gender issues are intrinsic to your construction, and you will most likely find your happiness playing with expressing both genders as you feel like it.

Seems reasonable to me. I don't want to appear androgynous but I am trying to maintain a predominantly male surface on to which I can easily project a female persona.

This requires a fair bit of leg shaving, a moderate amount of eyebrow control, skin care and rigorous control of my weight. Luckily, I am small enough to be within standard female height, shoe size etc. Also, I am not very hairy about my face and hardly at all over most of my body.

My default mode is definitely male, which I can do on autopilot. My female mode is less developed but has most definite opinions on clothing, shoes, make up and hair. She may develop other distinct traits over time.

I am exploring and, I hope, giving more life to Ms P., who until recently has not even been acknowledged. A gross cruelty on my part.

Guest Kaitlyn88

Your COGIATI result value is: 520 Which means that you fall within the following category: COGIATI classification FIVE, TRANSSEXUAL. I already knew that since I always said that I was a girl since I could first talk but it was fun taking a test for it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest praisedbeherhooves

This is absurd. It is a collection of stereotypes that are unfounded and have no basis in science, with the occasional one that possibly could have basis and several I can't really comment on. There are some that would be about the degree of the dysphoria that are relevant but they appear to be in the minority. Furthermore, I have to say that a computer programmer/writer/web comic artist is not qualified to make a test on something so important. This should not be taken seriously. I think I am going to use this for my research project for journalism to make an article asking people who actually know what they are talking about, such as therapists who have worked with transsexuals, neurologists who have studies the brain, sociologists, people who study gender as their profession and so forth, and ask them on their opinion of this. I'm guessing most of them will say it is invalid.

Guest MarciPA

Since this thread has legs and I am new here thought I would report the findings...

205 Class IV Probable TS

I would have to agree for the most part with this as I do have mixed up feelings in my head. I definately feel female but have some male tendencies.....some of that is probably from 38 years of living it and repressing what was really going on.

M~

• 1 month later...
Guest RachaelAnn
Your COGIATI result value is: 145 Which means that you fall within the following category:

Gee what a surprise. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Your COGIATI result value is: 295 Which means that you fall within the following category:

Don't discredit me because I know how to park and can visualize objects in my mind!

Actually the parking question left out my response: Why park yourself when there's Valet? :D

Guest Natalie Bradford

Your COGIATI result value is: 270 Which means that you fall within the following category:

Guest Jewel

<rant>

Wow... just wow. This test is mind-bogglingly sexist. It's just one absurd stereotype after another. Apparently because I'm a woman I can't parallel park, can't read a map, and am incapable of solving mathematical problems. ???

<end rant>