Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest CattalieChan

My Idea For A Short Movie

Guest CattalieChan

Start with a shot of hands going into various make-up containers and slowly show the person putting on the make-up. As the shot slowly zooms out, the person suddenly becomes alert to a sound, and then rushes back into boy mode. The mother comes in, and is totally oblivious to what happened. The person then goes through her day in boy mode, and the expression on her face never changes. She sees GG’s in the hallway and sighs. Slowly tears form in her eyes, and in the background hours and hours are passing by. Suddenly everything stops, and she is back in her room, putting on her make up. This time there is a determined look in her face. She opens the door, and goes down to confront her family. There is much yelling (not audible) and the girl runs back up stairs. The next day her parents continue to be hostile towards her, and she grows sadder and sadder. The shot changes to her mom, who is looking concerned and sorry when she enters the room. She opens the door, and the camera zooms back to show the rope going out of the window. The concern in her face heightens, and the scene changes to the girl running away in full dress. She eventually is just laying at a bus stop crying, when her parents come up to her and find her. They are deeply concerned, and as they talk a smile slowly spreads across her face. The scene transitions into her transitioning. She gets a new wardrobe, and a bunch of other stuff, and then her mother presents her with her new birth certificate. Tears well up in her eyes, and she hugs her mother. The scene goes through her living her life, now en femme, and she gets happier and happier most of the time. Then she bumps into someone, and the scene transitions into them falling in love slowly. But as she was walking around on campus some people clock her, and then proceed to harass her. She runs away, and the next shot is her with her mother in a fetal position. She swallows hard, and then goes to her boyfriend. She comes out to him, but he doesn’t get the message until she shows him a picture. The scene zooms in on her face, and she looks down. But her boyfriend comes into the scene and kisses her on the cheek. She looks surprised at first, and then she becomes more and more happy. The scene transitions into them getting married and adopting children, and going through their life. It is much like the scene with her walking through her life only they are now together. But this doesn’t last long, and in the following scene she is outed. The next scenes proceed with her getting kicked out of the town, and them starting a new life together. She ages, and is quite elderly when the whole scene slows down, and reveals a small boy being gender variant. His mother comes up to him, and scolds him. The girl comes up and talks to the mother. The mother kind of shuns her, and gets angry. She goes up to the little boy, and talks to him. The boy smiles, and then runs back to his mother. Eventually he comes back to her some time in the woman’s even more elderly years a full grown woman. She smiles, and they talk for some time. Eventually their life goes on, and the husband dies. It is a time of sadness, for the woman, but she remains happy for the short time left in her life, until the ending scene shows her standing on a hill next to her husband’s grave, and then it zooms out, and the woman fades away and is replaced by her own grave.

Guest ChloëC

Sounds good to me.

I would love to see it someday.

Every year at a movie theater over in a small city nearby, there is (or used to be) a film festival of animated short features, some funny, some serious, some just artsy. Some without words, just music. I could see what you describe as a 5-10 minute animated short (go see 'The Man Who Planted Trees' - lots of visuals - for ideas how videos like that are done). Sometimes these have more power when the viewer is forced to see and think about what's going on.

Hugs

Chloë