Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Cowboy

Favorite Comedians?

Guest Cowboy

I noticed nobody's asked this question before (and if they did i obviously missed itttt) so i figured i would.

I love comedy. a good laugh never hurt now and then. a few of my favorites are Katt Williams, Will Ferrell, Seth Rogen, Steve Carell, Zach Galifianakis, and Paul Rudd.

So who's your favorite comedian? Who makes you laugh?

Sally

I started way back with the earliest of the 'observational comics', Alan King was followed by George Carlin and the art was perfected by Jerry Seinfeld.

I also love political humor so Mark Russel has to make the list but I hate to include Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert because they are newsmen, aren't they?

I like Jeff Dunham especially when he is talking to Walter and for you Colton, I also like Jeff Foxworthy and Bill Engvall.

I have often thought of distributing some of Bill's signs to people at work and a lot of the people that I meet each day.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest sarah f

I think Jeff Dunham is hilarious. I like most of his characters. Jalapeno on a stick, Walter, and Peanut would be my favorite.

Guest Donna Jean

I still love the classics like George Carlin and Flip Wilson....

Not a lot of new material coming out lately....

Donna Jean

Guest Sharah

So who's your favorite comedian? Who makes you laugh?

Steven Wright

Guest Opal

For me growing up it was Joathan Winters. Not sure I have a favorite now, but several I enjoy.

MaryEllen

Carol Burnett, Tim Conway, Harvey Korman and Vicki Lawrence. Also Red Skelton, Jack Benny, George and Gracie Allen.

I'm showing my age here, LOL

MaryEllen

Guest Cowboy

Jeff Dunham is also one of my favorite's and of course the blue collar comedy guys.

I like Dane Cook too.

JJ

Always loved Carol Burnett and her whole ensemble. Also John Cleese and Eric Idle. Ray Stevens. Jerry Clower. Garrison Keillor. Also showing my age. I enjoy Ellen too.

But my all time favorite is our very own Miss Donna Jean

Love ya'll

JohnJ

Guest Sharah

Always loved Carol Burnett and her whole ensemble. Also John Cleese and Eric Idle. Ray Stevens. Jerry Clower. Garrison Keillor. Also showing my age. I enjoy Ellen too.

Love ya'll

JohnJ

A man that likes Monty Python and is sweet to the ladies. Well I'm going to have to look into this. John, sir, can you come over to chat a minute? <coy little smile>

Guest ChloëC

Kids in the Hall were very funny (they had a lot of cross-dressing going on).

Early Steve Martin on Saturday Night Live was laughing so hard, falling down funny.

Early Robin Williams when he would get some riffs really going

There was a group of very funny comedians in the late 60's early 70's that George Carlin was part of, all were the new wave - Robert Klein, David Steinberg, David Brenner.

David Steinberg directed over 30 episodes of Designing Women one of the funniest comedy series on TV. Second only to MTM (how many of those supporting characters went on to actually 'star' in their own series? 6? The three from Seinfeld can only dream)

I love topical humor, like Stephen Colbert, Jon Stewart, Bill Maher. Aren't there any funny conservative comedians? Oh, yeah, Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh. Uh, you mean they're not trying to be funny? Oops.

Oh, one more 'group' - Larry, Daryl, and Daryl. ;) They revived Newhart like the Farkel family revived Laugh-In.

Hugs

Chloë

Sally

Did I remember to mention Jackie Vernon?

Very few will remember him but I loved his imaginary slide shows.

Love ya'll

JohnJ

Donna Jean?

"What am I?

Chopped Liver?" Henny Yougman

And if so am I losing my value as I lose weight?

I could be funny all the time if I could go to work and sit at my desk logged into the playground and typing jokes out of Captain Willy's Whiz Bang!*

*reference to a song from the Music Man.

It's OK, John - I still love you even if you don't like my jokes..........sniff, sniff............

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Donna Jean

Donna Jean?

"What am I?

Chopped Liver?" Henny Yougman

Love ya,

Sally

Geez, Sally......

Time to pull up your "Big Girl Panties" and face reality......LOL

Love Ya

Dee Jay

JJ

*John hangs head while wondering how that line about Jackie Vernon appeared in the reply to his post*

Gee Sally I'm sorry-If I had only realized those were jokes......................

:D

John

Guest Opal

Tim Conway making Harvey Korman mess up his lines was alway hilarious!

Colton, thank you so much for coming up with this Thread!

Guest Donna Jean

Tim Conway making Harvey Korman mess up his lines was alway hilarious!

Oh yes, Opal.....I used to bust up at those antics, too....

Donna Jean

Guest GwenMichelle

For right now Daniel Tosh from Tosh.O :P

Michelle

xo

Guest Lily B

I really like Mitch Hedberg and Emo Phillips. Even though the latter is pretty weird.

Guest Samurai_Kid

Brian Regan is the only comedian I like.

He is pure awesomeness.

Guest CariadsCarrot

One of my faviourites is Lee Evans (he's from my neck of the woods and I don't know if any of you non uk-ers will know of him). My kids are crazy on him too and went through a stage of walking around talking talking in a silly voice like him...I tell ya, it's entertaining for 5 mins but when you live with it for a year...!

Also love Ellen DeGeneres and Francesca Martinez.

Guest Selena Soh

The umbilical brothers, Tom Lehrer, a Group of Kids at my School :),Monty Python, Adam Hills, the Chaser's bunch. I also liked the Pirates of Penzance.

Heck, everyone at last year's comedy festival was funny.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• Nihil
    • Dev
    • Carolyn Marie
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Nihil
      Thank you very much for your welcome. I am wholeheartedly touched by your kindness.    In fact, I am not opposed with the idea of consulting a gender therapist. But my anxiety issues makes me unable to go out from my house. My depression is so severe that I am trapped in a constant apathy that means that even the most difficult tasks such as taking a shower or preparing a meal become unbearable as if it was something utterly hellish. This is some kind of vicious circle I don't know how to cast away in order to feel better.    However I intend to see a gender therapist when I'll feel ready. I am so sick of living in this nightmare. 
    • VickySGV
      Gender Dysphoria can be overcome, but there are going to moments you do not believe that.  A good gender therapist can help you find the escape route from the "inescapable hell" you talk about here.  You escape the hell by coming out to people, including therapists and starting to live your authentic life.  It sounds like one hell is now partially behind you with your father out of the picture.  Gender Dysphoria does go away as you start to live as yourself and see yourself in the mirror growing more and more like someone you can at last see and love.
    • Rachel Gia
      I think talking to someone about it really helps and the ease with your body will come as you let people in that are safe. Being Gender dysphoric is no walk in the park but my personal experience is that the dysphoria subsided as I settled into who I was. I think you will find the same relief along the way as others have. Rachel
    • Wendy
      My gender theripist saved my life.  I had an epifiny The pain you leave if you do something bad to yourse lfneverrealy heals Thescaresyou leaveyourfamilyThe decision to goto a gender theripist saved my lifeand allowed me to transition Something I had never felt I could do.My life s much better now It really does get better
    • Charlize
      Lovely to hear that your wife is sticking it out with you.  i took my wife time as well but with time we are doing better than  ever. Thanks for sharing your journey.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • MaryEllen
      Hello Alice,   Welcome to TransPulse.  Thank you for sharing your story with us.   Although you say you're opposed to seeing a gender therapist, that is something you really should do. He or she could help you get out of this depression you're in and set you on a path toward finding a solution to your trans issues.    MaryEllen
    • Nihil
      I am currently reading The Brothers Karamazov. Written by the legendary Russian author Dostoievsky, it tells the story of a despicable man who spent his entire existence indulging in sex and debauchery while manipulating others (especially his wives) and the murder committed by one of four sons (one of them is an illegitimated son). It's probably one of the most mesmerizing novels I've ever read in my life. I have already been fascinated by Dostoievsky's works (Notes from Underground, Crime and Punishment, The Idiot, The Demons) but The Brothers Karamazov shows the Russian author at the peak of his talent. I can't wait to continue this long story.    I also finished recently Novel With Cocaine another Russian book written by a mysterious whose identity has been hidden for many, many years (he used the name M. Aguéev when he wrote his book but his real name is in fact Mark Levi). This masterpiece depicts wonderfully the downright spiral of a young teenager in cocaine after his failed relationship with a woman he was insanely in love with. It's extremely gloomy and deprived from any glimpse of hope as ephemeral as it is, and it's written in a disillusioned style that makes the novel strangely fascinating. Vadim, the main character of this book, is someone quite detestable.
    • Nihil
      Hi everyone,    Since I am new there (I just created an account this night), I thought it'd be wise of me to create a thread in order to introduce myself and to talk about my wonderful, idyllic existence. First of all I wanted to clarify one thing : I am not a native speaker. Therefore I apologize in advance if my writing style might be a little confusing for those who are going to read me. However I will try to be as understandable as possible. My current nickname is Nihil but the name's Alice. Feel free to call me whatever you want. I am a young transgender woman from France who is still in her twenties and, surprise, is struggling with a dysfunctional mental health due to her depression and her gender identity issues.    During my childhood I have always felt something was wrong with me. Being born in a family that was the total opposite of who I was deep down I've been aware at an early age about the excruciating gap between my mind and this body that was supposed to be me. I didn't relate with the gender that I've been assigned to me at my birth. I didn't understand concepts such as manliness my father was so proud to exhibit. My father was the absolute archetype of the douchebag whose hatred towards women was beyond all rationality. He thought women were mere tools destined to serve him and my mother was so submissive with him. I thoroughly hated my father, being ashamed of being of the same blood as his. Of course, coming out of the closet with a father as violent as ruthless would have undoubtedly killed me. At school I wee extremely introverted. I didn't like being around people since I thought me and the rest of my allegedly comrades weren't really on the same wavelength. I only felt good and relieved when I were freed to be all alone in my inner world. Lost deep down the inner depths of my inner world I could be enhanced with a sense of absolute freedom I loved from the bottom of my heart. I was free to create everything in my mind. Each fragment of my imagination could give birth to a myriad of otherworldly stories that felt astonishingly more real than this reality I feel so estranged to. I spent more in my existence extending my imagination than to be immersed in the outside world. It's still the case nowadays. Reality has always been something both odd and ominous. Everything feels so noisy and incomprehensible to me out there. Going through puberty during my lonely adolescence was one of the most nightmarish experiences in my entire life. I felt my body being disfigured by testosterone (how I loath this world) as if I were being torn apart by a frightening curse. Powerlessness was seething through my entire being, and I didn't know what I supposed to be in order to put an end to this abomination. 

I've always hated my body or my genes. Not only because I was born from the semen of someone I despise vehemently, but also because my body is the absolute opposite of who I am deep inside. When your bod and your mind are in total contradiction, feeling bliss or happiness in those circumstances become something impossible like a mere chimera. I tried to deny for so many, many years to deny my true nature. Alas, denying the fact that you're a trans is delusional despite those who think that transition is delusional. That's quite the reserve. To me, denying being trans means being condemned to a slow death. I fell into depression and my suicidal tendencies become rapidly unbearable. I've reached a point in my existence I spent each fragment of my life wandering through a state of horrendous depersonalization where I've felt like a broken doll torn to pieces, a little pile of rotten flesh burnt to ashes as if I didn't even exist. I prayed for my death, wishing to be free from this nightmare that seemed to be everlasting. Watching my reflection in front of a mirror was something I couldn't tolerate. Who was this person supposed to be? It couldn't be possible. I didn't understand how I could be this man. My reflection showed me the reflection of a person who was estranged to me.    After several years of abuse that left me broken, my father disappeared after he betrayed me and my mother. Since there my depression worsened dramatically. My depression is so violent that even the thought of going to a gender therapist in order to begin a transition seems to me impossible. But I know I can't go on like this. I can't imagine something more horrible than being forced to live a life that is not your. It's horrendously depressing as if you were trapped in a downright spiral of self-loathing and absolute solitude.    Thanks for reading me.
    • Charlize
      It is in great shape!.  I love the hood ornament.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • MaryMary
      I think it,s great that she can do what she want. She is very courageous to do that. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mere-exposure_effect
  • Today's Birthdays

1. KaraIndiana
      KaraIndiana
      (40 years old)
    2. Roobert1111
      Roobert1111
      (27 years old)
    3. theophobia
      theophobia
      (19 years old)
  • Upcoming Events

• Forum Statistics