• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Renewing Faith?

Guest Cowboy

So, my faith has been on my mind a lot. When my parents were together we went to church every sunday and wednesday, and were very active our church community. always doing something with the church - youth camps, softball, cookouts, etc.

Since life has basically fallen apart, i havent been to church in years, and havent really been the best Christian. I know you dont have to step foot in a church to serve the lord, but im just saying i havent been the kind of Christian i know i should be, i havent reflected my inner faith very well (if that makes sense. forgive me yall im bad with words) I mean, ive gotten saved, been baptized, but have lost sight of my faith.

lately i have been thinking about trying to get back on track with the Lord. I was always told, that when something like that keeps eating at you, it's Jesus's way of asking you to let him in, or something along those lines. So ive been thinkin of how i could sorta renew my faith. im not an overly religious person. i just dont like to be that kinda person. i dont know.. i guess im just not the "advertising: type. with anything really.

but i would like to start reading a daily passage or two, and maybe find a church sermon i can watch or listen to online on sundays (if they have those?)

theres a church like 5-7 minutes away (if i walk) i can attend, but im not sure they even have sermons anymore because there is rarely cars there. maybe they do, im not sure.

anyway. does anyone have ideas for things i can do to be a 'better' Christian? or possibly help me find a daily scripture reading plan? any help would be highly appreciated. its been on my mind for a couple weeks, and i think God let my life fall apart to remind me that i need to do better.

• Root Admin

If you want Jesus to come back into your heart, all you have to do is ask him. It's as simple as that. You can say it out loud or silently. It doesn't matter. He will hear you and come.

This site is a good daily reading.

http://odb.org/

MaryEllen

Guest Katrina Reann

Cowboy,

It seems when our life is falling a part we want to try and blame someone and usually that someone is God. We wonder why He allowed this or that in our lives. And when we don't get an answer or the answer we are looking for we get angry and walk away from Him. But Gods knows that we often can not comprehend why He allows certain things to happen in our lives or simply would not agree with why He allowed this or that. But the great thing about God is that He understands and just because we may have strayed a little or lived the way we feel we should have it doesn't mean God wasn't with us. His promise to each of us is that He will never leave us or forsake us. When we do finally come to our senses and realize God was not the one to blame and that we need Him in our lives, He is right there by your side and in our hearts where He has always been. His arms are still open wide and He just waiting for us like the prodigal son to welcome us home. And if we will truly look back the wayward path we just took we can see how He was there even when we tried to push Him away. God gave me a poem many years ago that kind of tells this story and it has gotten me through some very rough patches in my life. Maybe it will help you too. So here it is:

TENDER LOVING CARE

Though the clouds do come,

the sun still shines.

And though the rain does fall,

it is only for a short time.

When the rain does cease,

the ground is well nourished.

And when the clouds move on,

the sun does flourish.

Likewise, when times are troubled,

remember I am still there!

Through all the trials and tests,

and even the valley of despair.

Be like the ground after a rain,

receive what I show you, hear what I say.

Learn what I am teaching you,

when things look gloomy and gray.

When those hardships have passed,

you will see I was there!

And you will see how I nourished you,

with tender loving care.....(GOD)

I think the book Psalms is a good place to start for you or anyone who is trying to reconnect with God. Because the psalmists write about so many different things they are feeling or have gone through. And they are very encouraging. What I like to do is read one or two chapters everyday or every other day. But I think the main key is is reopening that communication with God and that is prayer. Just sit down and talk to him like He is your best friend, because He is. When we treat a friend poorly we apologize for it and try not to make the same mistake again. So apologize to Him and start living the way YOU feel He wants YOU to live. If you aren't living the way He wants you to He'll bring conviction to your heart. Many people will try to tell you how to live your life and say this is right or that is wrong. Sometimes you have to put their opinions aside because their can be a lot of judgmental direction in what they say. Just keep your eyes on God and keep your fingers out of your ears so you can hear God. And He will lead you down the path He wants you to go. And always remember no matter how hard things may get God is always with you!!! Hope this helps....Huggsss...Katrina

Guest Dakota.P

First off, renewing your faith can be a really exciting time. Now, how to do it? I find the best way to become more Christ like is to learn more about how Jesus lived. And the best source for that is the Gospels. Personally my favorite is Luke, but John is really good too. I would also suggest praying. It does not have to be complicated, just talk to God about how life is going. He is your friend, loves you, and wants to hear from you. If you are looking for sermons with sound theology, my church posts them on our website. If you are interested just let me know and I can send you a link. 

Oh, don't get caught up in "religion", that is something people made up. God does not want you to have "religion", He wants a relationship with you. 

~D