• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Michelle 2010

If Your Interested In The Recovery(Aa/na) Chat Room

onaquest

others are also having trouble making the change, but I'm over in chat and I'll take the neeting if anyone shows

Charlize

Thank you so much.  Sorry i can't make it there to join you. I was lucky to get to the Sunday Zoom meeting which i usually can't do.

Hugs,

Charlize

Charlize

I hope i will be able to make it back to the Sunday night 9:00 eastern  substance abuse meeting with the new discord system.  If you have joined us in the past or have never come to a meeting but think you might have a substance issue please join us.  The trans* community has an alarmingly high rate of substance abuse but there is a solution.

Here is the link:  https://www.transgenderpulse.com/chat/

Hugs,

Charlize

Timber Wolf

Thanks Charlize,

I finally got signed up with chat now that I don't need Java and am hoping to make the meeting tonight. Are there any special things or sign ups I need to do first? Is it in the meeting room on the menu?

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf🐾

Charlize

I am new to this space as well but i saw a meeting room which i suppose is for us.

Hugs,

Charlize

Timber Wolf

The substance abuse meeting is Sunday at 9:00pm eastern standard time.

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf🐾

Charlize

You can post here anytime as well Regn and while it may take some time you will certainly get a response.

Even if you don't get messages on the TGAA list serve i hope you will come to the Zoom meetings as well.

They are at 7 on Mondays, 9 on Thursday, 6 Saturday and 8 on Sundays....all eastern time.  There is no need to use speak or use your video but listening can certainly help.  It certainly helped me.

Hugs,

Charlize

Charlize

Please join me at the chat room meeting room on Sunday at 9 pm for a discussion of addictions and gender issues.

Hugs,

Charlize

Julie J

Hi. I've been trying get into the chat room to chat with others who are in transition and dealing with all the aspects of living life and facing our issues without hiding in the bottle or in drugs and all the struggles and rewards that transitioning in recovery can bring all of us. I just don't know what I need to do to get there... kind of like when I first got sober and people guided me along the path of their recovery so I could chose my own. How the heck do I access the chat service here! LOL

I'm a newbie to this site (I guess you've figured that out?) and although I've downloaded the Discord app, installed it and registered, introduced myself in the Introductions Forum - Transgender Biography - I still cannot seem to access the chat service. 

I throw my hands up in the air,

I need your help, whomever's there,

So if you have some time to spare,

I'd like your expertise! Please Share?

Thanks,

Julie J

(a sober somewhat happy trans woman in transition :)

Charlize

I'm sorry it is so difficult to get into the chatrooms.  I've had difficulties over the years and would still have issues without help.  I'm just not that great at using a confuser.  

Perhaps you could send a PM to Dev and she could help you get in.  I know i had to download Discord? and now seem to be able to blunder in without issue.

If your interested in a great trans meeting we also have them on Zoom and the information on how to get there is in this forum on a different thread.

Glad your here and hope to see more of you.

Hugs,

Charlize

Julie J

Thanks Charlize. I'll try to find a way to get into the Zoom meeting. 

Cheers, 

Julie 

Charlize

Julie just go to this link and simply ask to join the e-mail group.  http://lists.oso-aa.org/mailman/listinfo/tggroup  Once you have joined write a note to Stuart about joining in with Zoom. 

We have an active list serve as well as 4 Zoom meetings a week.  

Hope you will join us.

Hugs,

Charlize

Julie J

You're wonderful Charlize! Thank you for your help... 👧

Charlize

There will be a substance meeting tonight and every Sunday at 9:00 Eastern at the chatroom meeting room.  Please join us there if you think you may have a problem or have questions about substance addiction.

Hope to see you there 

Hugs,

Charlize

Jennifer T

I think I just successfully created the Discord account and made it into TGPulse chat. But not sure. It’s pretty empty in there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• Phoenixrises42016
    • MaryEllen
    • VickySGV
    • jo jo
  • Who Was Online

100 Users were Online in the Last 48 Hours
    • Phoenixrises42016
    • MaryEllen
    • VickySGV
    • jo jo
    • Kirsten
    • Rowan
    • Alexx21
    • MaryMary
    • SugarMagnolia
    • Jani
    • Jackie C.
    • Petra Jane
    • hmillerrr
    • Amy LeBlanc
    • Miseria
    • Joe76
    • Jocelyn
    • ckd
    • tomsawyer2305
    • Cat Lady Kelly
    • CyndiRae
    • Briana
    • Swansuser1
    • Katt
    • claire1000
    • Timber Wolf
    • Martyn
    • MarcieMarie12
    • KymmieL
    • Charlize
    • Elyssia
    • stbSusan
    • jae bear
    • DenimAndLace
    • DrumbeatAlex
    • kotobirbs
    • Lexi
    • Miss Linnea
    • Cthorne
    • Zedarius
    • Robin
    • Sharon Aml
    • Mickey
    • rufnear
    • Andrea
    • RudyMac
    • Adaline
    • tracy_j
    • Laura Beth
    • Ashlee
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Cheyenne skye
    • bobbisue
    • PurpleBlue
    • ChickenLittle
    • Keyan
    • It'sAndrew345
    • Rachael
    • Snow Princess Sophie
    • nitehwk
    • Isabelle
    • April
    • JMG
    • Dakota16
    • Terry
    • Summer
    • JD
    • JJ
    • Jojo
    • Willow
    • Carly Hughes
    • nate775
    • Michelle F
    • NewLife336
    • Alice
    • BrandiBri
    • Notsure2015
    • KeiraC
    • Lilyr1999
    • CaptainC_Cookies
    • mochi90
    • Julie J
    • DDan
    • Sophie
    • TiaMaria
    • Cluck1992
    • Lady Ayu
    • Poppycorn95
    • Braxton
    • leomonade
    • JBfox
    • Dev
    • CompressionMan
    • Steff
    • quezadajuarez
    • MolsMags93
    • Ronin82
    • Roberta-Belinda
    • Amy joey
    • Carly
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

tomsawyer2305
    Newest Member
    tomsawyer2305

No users celebrating today
    • jo jo
      i find the best thing to do is just practice and see  what suits you if your happy then bingo you gotta think most women themselves arent perfect at makeup !!!
    • Kirsten
      Ugh I hate that. I can’t tell you how many times I hear Michael at work and I turn my head. There’s like 5 michaels in our garage too. So it happens a good bit. And it’s never me. Lol
    • VickySGV
      I can see an application of this theory at work in the murder rates of Trans women in non-white racial and ethnic communities where masculinity is given special status and narrow definition.  The same is true even in geographic regions where general "male privilege" is held higher than female status.  It is that male privilege that is currently on display and excuses allegations of sexual force against women.  
    • Jani
      Great.  Yes soon your old name will be unfamiliar and you won't become alert every time you hear it.     Jani
    • SugarMagnolia
      Yes, it gets easier and easier every day which is what I'd hoped for. I'm still getting used to people calling me Julie at work, though. It seems completely normal in the rest of my life, but I didn't realize how surprising it would sound coming from my co-workers. Its such great blend of being surprised to hear it and being relieved/happy to not have to hide. ❤️

Julie
    • Jani
      There are two forms for obtaining passports, the original and renewal.  For some changes you need to use the original form even though you have a current valid passport.  The lady at the office who took mine said I had the wrong form until she realized I needed the gender marker changed.  So read the instructions carefully.  Best of luck.   Jani
    • Jani
      I would always prefer they err on the side of caution.  Years ago a guy I worked with had shoulder surgery and never came out of the anesthesia.  He was young and healthy.  it was so sad.  We never know how our bodies will react to it.   You'll be fine and your day will come.    Jani
    • Jani
      Greetings!!  You're not alone on this journey.  I'm glad you joined us.    Jani
    • Amy LeBlanc
      Thank you very much.  I need to get my passport or update my BC cause I found out that the state of AZ when flying, the TSA will no longer accept our licenses next year and we will we need to use our passports for TSA or get a second special federal ID card to fly out of AZ.
    • Briana
      Hi Mickey,   I can certainly understand your frustration.   That has to be a total let-down.   Hopefully you can get things rescheduled quickly.    While you may have thought the swelling was "not that bad" in your legs, any swelling would be something to note and consider preop/pre-anesthesia.  While the anesthesiologist may have been overly cautious, he's also keeping your safety in mind.  Anesthesia can take a left turn very quickly.  People tend to think that surgery is very exciting as it's portrayed on TV - constant motion and drama.  Generally it's hours of routine boredom punctuated occasionally by a few moments of sheer terror.  That "terror" is generally when people have an unexpected bad reaction to the anesthesia.    Best of luck!  
    • CyndiRae
      The problem is mostly re-enforced with those suffering from conservatosis. Conservatosis is very hard to cure, steady doses of truth can help. Unfortunately we have a society that feeds on a conservative propaganda machine, and that helps keep the hate machine rolling.   It's a terrible condition of the mind, it starts when your always afraid, step out of line, the man comes and takes you away.
    • MaryMary
      that's a great article I think. That's good to have a fresh perspective (for me at least). It will maybe help me better deal with those people
    • CyndiRae
      Yes that sounds like it would work, there are certain words required on the letter from Dr, same requirements as SSA, stating you have completed the transition from M to F for example. I did mine 5 years ago, and since my previous passport was still valid in my old name/gender, I did not need to present a birth certificate to prove citizenship (that's what they really care about these days !).   C -
    • Amy LeBlanc
      Thank You CyndiRae.  Would my original Endocrinologist letter that I needed for the DMV and SS office work?     Lots of Love   Amy
    • CyndiRae
      This info sounds correct Amy for name change, there is a 2nd part of this and that is the gender change on the passport, I am assuming you want the "F" for "Federally Female 😃". That part requires a physician's letter.   Good luck   C -
  • Upcoming Events