• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest sienna

So If You Won The Lottery...

Guest Hayley21

Hmmmm I guess this a fantasy thred LOL, I'm not sure what I'd do

I know take care my parents, pay of bills, Get involved in some

sort of transgender place to help people. crap IDK, I know it

aint never gonna happen, maybe thats why I can't come up with

anything LOL< oh well no serious If I won, I buy a house on the

beach in florida!! I can't think I'm going blank LOL

Hayley

Guest Doodlen

I'm only 19 and I never went to college or university, so I don't have any debts I can pay off. Yet. :P

I'd move out of my apartment and buy a house close to my work. (I wouldn't quit my job, I love it too much and to be honest I'd get bored out of my mind without it) Not a big house, just big enough for me and maybe two spare rooms (one for guests and one for my guinea pigs <3) and I'd buy 2 more guinea pigs. Or maybe 3. :P

I'd pay off my parent's morgage and I'd pay off my 10 best friend's debts. And buy presents for all my friends and coworkers <3

I'd put the rest in the bank and live off the interest. I don't need much money, I'm cheap. :P

But I'd donate a lot of it. And do random good deeds. For example, usually on my breaks at work I go over to the grocery store nearby and get a sandwhich or something to drink. A lot of people see I'm in uniform and only buying one thing, so if they have a lot of stuff they offer to let me go first. If I was rich and that happened, I'd pay for my stuff, then give the cashier a hundred dollar bill and tell them that's to pay for the nice person behid me and they can keep the change.

Guest Rachel Leigh

Pay up all my college loans and spend at least a month in the Philippines to see my family members there. But I would love to do a Euro Trip, traveling to: England, France, Spain, Switzerland, Germany (I want to drive down the Autobahn). Maybe even go to Japan.

But I cannot forget these:

My complete HRT and SRS:

- Breast Augmentation

- Vaginoplasty

- Minor Facelift

- Adam's Apple Removal

- Voice Therapy and anything else I haven't mentioned

My full female wardrobe

Identification change (the whole ten yards of it)

What else I want to get with the money:

- Either a BMW M3 or M6 (I love driving and working on cars, especially BMWs)

- Maybe a project car to work on

- Complete my DJ setup and establish my own recording (and photography) studio

And I might donate the rest to my desired charity. It's a lot, but that what I would do if winning the lottery ever happened.

JenniferB

If I won the lottery for $150mil I'd understand I would received a little over half that.

First I would pay off all my debts. Then I would give 1 mil after taxes to all my siblings and nephews (have no nieces). Then I would give $10,000 to each member I work with. There are only 20 of them. I will quit my job next. After that I will make sure I am secure for the rest of my life. Say $10mil, mostly in gold. Then Laura's would be next. It would be my #1 charity. I would want to set up a trust fund to make sure moderators have the money for GRS and to make sure the money continues to flow in. It probably will be 1/2 to 2/3 of what I have left. Also I would make sure this site has the means to run for the foreseeable future to make sure transgender people who need help get it. Then I monitor my relatives who need help and give them the support they need. Finally I would look at other charities that I believe in to make sure I could make a difference.

Jenny

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 143 Guests (See full list)

• Ronin82
    • Jani
    • ShawnaLeigh
    • Aidan5
    • Krisvm
    • QuestioningAmber
    • Mahaney
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Jill Autry
    Newest Member
    Jill Autry

1. SamanthaC
      SamanthaC
      (57 years old)
    • Aidan5
      Morning everyone, I can't say I have had the best morning but I did go to my therapist appointment so that made me feel better about my week. This morning my brother was being really transphobic and making fun of my hair, though I really like it. He kept saying things like "Trans people are dumb" and "You will always be a girl" He said really hurtful things and I tried to tell my stepmom, she used the camera to go back through and listen and she just told me to grow up. I also fought with my dad because he didn't like my hair, I told him that it was my hair so I could have it however I want. I just wish they would call me Aidan, that would mean the world to me, or even just "A" anything but my deadname. I left my house crying because I can't hold it in anymore, 2 years of this, I just have 1 more left.    But on a good note, my fish babies are doing well.
    • Jani
      @Josie Beth you are still young so don't discount being able to establish yourself in a job you can be happy with.  Have you considered moving to a place that may be more accepting and that offers better job protections?  It doesn't seem like you are attached to the area you are in.   Jani
    • Jani
      Wow that's amazing.  I had read about Harrison Browne when he moved from the women's team he played on.  Good for all of them. 
    • Timber Wolf
      Good morning everyone, 😸   Happy Birthday SamanthaC!🎂 Hope your day is special!   Lots of love,  Timber Wolf 🐾
    • Aidan5
    • ShawnaLeigh
      Well I’d go for a flavored coffee over hot chocolate.   but the hugs I really need.  I’ve had zero human contact since I can’t remember when.   kind of sad really.   Thank you all.  ❤️
    • ToniTone
      I agree with Lucca on all points. And would add that disclosing one's identity as trans would be in their best interest I believe, even if they are passing and/or post op. I say that primarily for safety. But also for acceptance, for ourselves and from others. There's that population that wants to deny they are trans, and I think it's healthy to accept that about ones self.    ~Toni
    • SaraAW
      I agree with Jackie. Some nice chocolate or even a hot cocoa and some nice hugs. I hope things get better for you soon. 
    • Jackie C.
      My god I just want to give you hugs and chocolate*. They don't fix everything, but they make it a little better.   *Good chocolate mind you. Bad chocolate just leads to tummy-aches and sadness.   HUGS!
    • ShawnaLeigh
      I’m just letting things settle and give people time to absorb.  
    • Jackie C.
      I suppose it COULD be considered transphobic if the sole reason you're refusing to "swipe right" is that the person in question is trans. If you're otherwise attracted to them, why wouldn't you give it a chance? The compatible genitals thing is kind of a non-issue for me. It might have mattered more when I was younger, but there are plenty of work-arounds if you have a little creativity and a desire to please your partner. I probably don't have to tell anyone here, but there are more ways to "have sex" than what they taught you about in sex-ed. As far as I'm concerned, if everybody had a good time and gets to climax, the evening was a rousing success.   It's not very transphobic though. More... I don't know, ignorant? I think it goes back to, "Oh, that's really a man," thinking. We're getting past that, but it's a big leap for the older generation. What constitutes the older generation varies by region. Some places are more progressive than others.   I don't like the idea of hiding it either... but that seems like something that I also don't have to reveal right away. If things look like they're getting to the point where it could be an issue (hey, I'm a good girl, I don't put out on the first date) then your partner should be informed. Though in my case, I look like a log with breasts glued on so I can't imagine a prospective partner wouldn't at least suspect.   So yeah, I guess the problem is that we're not in a great spot as far as our acceptance by society. It makes it hard for us to find a love connection because prejudice, cultural artifacts and propaganda from a certain segment of the population. It's not fair. It strongly curtails our ability to find happiness with another human. We have to deal with it though. At least it's better now than it was twenty years ago, right?   Hugs!
    • ShawnaLeigh
      I did take the time to try and explain the difference and that it’s not a simple choice between keeping my life as is or being my true self.  I explained how I fully understand what this means for my life going forward.  The loss I will experience. The hate and fears of others.   But some will never get it.  Educated or not.  They have to want to understand before they can understand and unfortunately there are so many with a narrow preconceived conception of what this all is.   it is not my job to educate everyone I know but I at least try to explain myself.  Try to be understanding to their feelings and just ask for support and love.  Not advice.  
    • SaraAW
      You know her better than us. If things are bad, do not be afraid to cut ties. You do not need toxic people in your life.    DNA may be shared in a biological family, but true Family is made of those you love and who love you back unconditionally.    *hugs*
    • SaraAW
      OMG. I had no idea the decision was reversed. Some people truly sicken me with just how awful they can be. My heart is breaking for Luna and her mom.    I hope this storm blows over quickly, but I suspect it won’t, with the appeal made. 
    • ShawnaLeigh
      My mother and I have always had a strained relationship due to her always being the kind of person that says whatever she wants.  Hurtful or not with no concerns of how the person will take it.  She is never wrong and it’s always some one else’s fault.  I do not respond well to her personality.   So this new issue in her life is a fertile field of places to plant her “advice” and wisdom on how I need to do things.  It is not for my benefit  or a concern for me either mentally or not.  It’s how she feels and what she thinks is the only true course of action I need to take.  Which as you can see doesn’t sit well with me.   But I will just keep trying.  Slowly.  
  • Upcoming Events