• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Bath Salts And Plant Food

Guest Mykie

Guest Mykie

Hi there!

Some of you may have heard of this new legal meth like drug out called Bath Salts, or Plant Food, and several other names.

Back to this new stuff, these drugs are being manufactured in China and are legal in most of the USA. I think a few states have banned them.

My exbrother in law was arrested 3 days ago and is most likely going to prison.

This is my point. This new drug is still another form of amphetimine. JUST BECAUSE IT IS LEGAL, DOES NOT MEAN THE END RESULTS WILL BE ANY LESS DISASTAROUS TO YOUR LIFE THAN IF YOU WERE SIMPLY USING METH.

The amphetime family of drugs has severa hundred different compounds, methamphetime being one, MDMA another, and now this new stuff.

I am coming up on 5 years clean of meth on April 26th. It has been a very long road. I will be very honest here, as I know many of you will be in the same situation I was. The though did cross my mind "they are legal to buy, I have plenty of money, all I will do is probalby just work all nigh, feel good too. How bad can they be if they are legal"

I am so glad I did not. I am so ashamed of myself for having even though about it. This is a very seious problem. For the past several years I couln't have found meth, even if I wanted to. Now, if I have a really bad day, fight with my lover, whatever, I know there is Dr. Feelgood not 3 blocks away at the gas station for $40.

I just wanted to warn everybody, maybe if you get in that same situation, at least now you will know that this is a seriously bad drug.

Mykie

PS, I just realized this is my very first post here. What a bummer of a post. :P

Guest Emily Ray

Welcome to laura's Mykie,

I have never heard of this stuff before. I too have an addiction to methamphetmines and I am glad to be done with it! I have six months kinda clean. Free from meth just not free from mind altering substances. For about a month I was using spice a legal form of Marijuana. I admit that the first time I tried it the pain I was feeling went away. But it was shortlived and when the high ended I still had the pain. I know enough now that I need to face my issues not bury them or numb myself out so I don't see and feel them. Thank you for the warning

I concure drugs are bad.

Huggs

Emily

Guest EvenClose

Yeah this same stuff is getting bad around here. There is a local head shop that has been selling all kinds of this stuff to whoever. We have had a few people around here Od on it.

I think most of the time "Bath Salt" is what it is sold by in my neck of the woods.

I had a friend who we had to take to the hospital cause they had too much. The hospital was pretty familiar with it. I'm not sure what they did to stabilize them, as i stayed in the waiting room.

• 2 months later...
Guest Naatie

Hi there!

Some of you may have heard of this new legal meth like drug out called Bath Salts, or Plant Food, and several other names.

Back to this new stuff, these drugs are being manufactured in China and are legal in most of the USA. I think a few states have banned them.

My exbrother in law was arrested 3 days ago and is most likely going to prison.

This is my point. This new drug is still another form of amphetimine. JUST BECAUSE IT IS LEGAL, DOES NOT MEAN THE END RESULTS WILL BE ANY LESS DISASTAROUS TO YOUR LIFE THAN IF YOU WERE SIMPLY USING METH.

The amphetime family of drugs has severa hundred different compounds, methamphetime being one, MDMA another, and now this new stuff.

I am coming up on 5 years clean of meth on April 26th. It has been a very long road. I will be very honest here, as I know many of you will be in the same situation I was. The though did cross my mind "they are legal to buy, I have plenty of money, all I will do is probalby just work all nigh, feel good too. How bad can they be if they are legal"

I am so glad I did not. I am so ashamed of myself for having even though about it. This is a very seious problem. For the past several years I couln't have found meth, even if I wanted to. Now, if I have a really bad day, fight with my lover, whatever, I know there is Dr. Feelgood not 3 blocks away at the gas station for $40.

I just wanted to warn everybody, maybe if you get in that same situation, at least now you will know that this is a seriously bad drug.

Mykie

PS, I just realized this is my very first post here. What a bummer of a post. :P

Yes, MDPV (Methylenedioxypyrovalerone) is quite the wretched substance... To all of the drug users here i'd advice strongly against it.

It works so badly on your reward pathways... I'd even go as far as to call it worse than crack. There's barely a positive high and before you know it you're compulsively redosing.

It's not new, you're a bit misinformed.

Chinese chemists label it as plant food to get it through customs.

MDPV was originally chosen as it is the least toxic of all the pyrovalerone derivatives. I doubt any toxicity is going to occur in the same manner as MDMA as MdPv has bugger all effect on serotonogic systems. It's a dopamine reuptake inhibitor but other then the neurotoxicity is less then regular amphetamine.

Stay away from it, extreme paranoia/anxiety does occur and it's pretty straining on your heart.

Cheers (i'm a chem student ; )

Guest csummers

Have this over here in the UK, which is now banned. I had to resuscitate someone that had taken some. Also known as Mephedrone, Bubble, drone and meow meow.

Straight or clean amphetime prolly has a good effect, keeping awake and such but this stuff is nothing like it, this stuff results in severe nose bleeds, nose burns, hallucinations, blood circulation problems, rashes, anxiety and paranoia, fits and delusions. Ive seen it and its not pretty.

cj x

• 9 months later...
Guest I See London

Before I really decided to accept my trans feelings as something that was ok, I was still feeling very guilty about who I was and wanted to escape. I tried Bath Salts as a form of escapism, and realized while I was high on it that I should really try to escape from that drug. I saw highly disturbing flashes of light and deep red patterns in everything around me, I kept feeling like I was going to pass out, I stumbled across my room (which I thought was shaking and stretching), heard dark, menacing voices, saw malevolent creatures out of the corners of my eyes, buried my head and my hands and thought "I'm not going to make it out of this one. That was the toke that sealed my fate." I ended up thinking that my Adam's Apple and its large size was somehow causing the awful trip I was in and tried my best to fight the urges to pick up a pencil and stab it out. That lasted for a little over half an hour, with strange and random effects that came into play a few hours after I thought it was over. Once was all I needed to experience (in fact, I wish I had never done them at all) and I quit cold turkey.

That summer was quite a nightmare as well. There were people roaming the streets, flailing their arms and doing strange chants, moaning, and whatever. I literally thought it would lead to a zombie outbreak. No kidding. There were kids downtown hiding in the bushes from monsters, there was a girl outside a convenience store holding her own mother at knife-point for money for more of that demonic substance (I live in a dead end town where the factories have all closed down, so my town was stricken with bath salt mania something fierce).

It may sound completely crazy, because it is, but most of you by now probably know all of this is true and is totally possible. It really scared me that something so horrible and insane was once legal to sell at local stores, but I'm glad they are illegal and that this craze has majorly died down.

Guest KaelParker

I've heard so many terrible things about these bath salts. Many people who use them end up having very permanent effects on their health and mind.

• Admin

Having been addicted to a highly legal drug, and socially acceptable substance, all I can say is, don't let the legal part fool you. It can all ruin your chances of a happy old age, darn near did for me.

Guest KaelParker

I'll admit that I smoked the legal "alternative" to marijuana while it was legal in Wyoming. It was somewhat like the plant, but very synthetic and spacey feeling. Something about it felt very wrong and odd. Not a pleasant experience and I seriously doubt that this other substance would be either.

Of course, this is a substance that's meant to be a legal "alternative" to amphetamines such as meth... I can only imagine how much detriment these bath salts can bring to your body and mind when the original substance is already so damaging...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest KaThomsArt

I unfortunately started using MDPV around may of last year. the effects were just like speed. it woke me up and gave me tons of energy. but then i wanted more and more, and i was quickly up to doing it every few hours.this went on for almost 2 months. i couldn't sleep, and i became extremely paranoid, I was almost afraid to even leave the house. luckily I noticed my descent into madness and decided to flush it all down the toilet. the next few days were rough but I fortunately got through it. glad i quit after about 2 months, and I never want that awful stuff near me again. i'm glad it is illegal now. that stuff could seriously mess people's lives up.

• 1 month later...
Guest Inverse

These bath salts are composed of MDPV and whatever it is they want to cut it with. Even pure, MDPV is horrible for you. Its doses are chaotic, and because bathsalts aren't normally packaged by traditional drug sellers the amount in them could be anywhere from way too much, or just a bunch of crap like cleansers and the like. The biggest hazard for MDPV is children, because it's easy to get to, but other drugs aren't. I find it so hilarious that because drugs are so hard to get, kids are killing themselves on MDPV, or doing stupid things like inhaling dust-off for a trip.

MDPV isn't worth it. Even on a 'good' dose. You're looking at intense heart palpitations, cold sweats, anxiety and possibly psychotic episodes. It sounds like it resembled meth, but it doesn't. The stuff is pretty terrible. These days, even pure, most people stay away from it, and anyone trying to sell you this stuff, is a cheapskate who doesn't even have access to real drugs and is desperate. Stay the hell away from this stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jody h

as said previously here in the uk there is a range of these drugs. they are sold as either research chemicals or plants food to get round the legal rules. for every street drug they are trying to offer a research drug equivalent. one big reason it is so dangerouse(yes all drugs are dangerous) is that it is straight from a lab and is very potent. when drugs were supplied on the street they were cut with inert substance to get more bucks per pound, this ment a lot of users were getting a lower dose. suddenly drugs are available that are if you like pure so when a user takes what they think is a normal dose they can actually be taking multiple times the does they are used to. another problem is that the drugs available are what are called analogs of know drugs. they take say ketomine and alter a few molicules and it becomes a new substance with very very close effects to the original. there is a down side they can become more toxic that the original and the more times they have to re work the recipie when the authorities ban one the more toxic it can get.

im not joining in the drugs are bad discusion drink is a drug as it tobaco as is coffee. heavy drugs i think really are bad mild drugs well seems to depend wether you can tax it or not as to wether its acceptable.

the only real advice is dont do any drugs you my think you know what your doing but the truth is you cant be sure of what you are taking now. i know i tried some speed and ended up in casualty via ambulance for 2 nights.

Guest jody h

the ironic side to my story is i played with mild drugs (ketamine) after my gender issues drove me ill. escapism. when i ended up in hostpital it dawned on me that coming out as trans couldnt be as bad as that experience.with out it i would never have openly admitted my femanism.

one very strange thing happened when i had ket but i think i will put that in my blog rather than on here. for me it was a posative effect and i dont want to give the illusion that drugs have posative effects it was just something for me.