• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What Kind Of Music Does Everyone Like?:)

Guest AlyTheGreatAngel

Guest JazzySmurf

Hello :-)

Gosh, in thinking of all the musical phases that I've gone through, I'm feeling quite old right now :-) Nowadays, I mostly listen to really easy-going music: Lotus, Jens Gad, Tulku, Ghostland, Jataka, etc. Oh, and Tibetan chants :-) Those men and women are impressive! The musical genre that I have not listened to much but that I am really interested in is classical guitar. In fact, that's probably going to be my next Pandora station :-)

Have a wonderful day.

Heather

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

Guest melansia

I'm pretty much into accoustic and folk indie.. Fleet foxes, devandra benhart, the avett brothers, bright eyes, Florence and the machine, oats and garfunkel, she and him. I don't know.. Just a bunch of stuff like that. I find it interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ReddySteady

Music's like my life, lol. I love rock, from older bands like AC/DC, Guns 'N Roses and Nirvana, to newer bands like Paramore, You Me At Six, I also love Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Kings Of Leon. And I like some pop music like Katy Perry and Lady Gaga, and I adore Hip-Hop, Eminem and B.o.B. But yeah when it comes to RnB I can't stand it, Rihanna, Justin Beiber etc just no lol. But I'm mainly a rocker so yeah :D

Guest AlexisNew

I like all the genres of music. My mood reflects my music choice, my music choice reflects what I want to do. I want to game, it'll be something lazy. I want to write, something happy, productive.

Guest ChaosEverafter

METAL W00000 lol...

some fav bands:

Abigail Williams

Amon Amarth

Arch Enemy

At The Gates

Children of Bodom

Devil Driver

Fear Factory

In Flames

Killswitch Engage

Lacuna Coil

Sonic Syndicate

Trivium

-and that's just the short list haha

Guest Selena Soh

I LOVE music! Except when I have to play violin! But I like listening to some bands with some, like The Corrs. I mostly like metal or rock, but I also like weird al yankovic, at least the first few times I hear each song.

As for metal and rock, well...

Dragonforce

Evanesence

My Chemical romance (is that rock? I like the black parade, but not danger days so much)

Greenday (mainly the American idiot album, not 21st century breakdown)

Billy Joel (not rock, but I love piano man:))

Fall out Boy

Coldplay (forget what I said about metal and rock only)

Nirvana

Dire Straits

Foo Fighters

Bon Jovi

John Foggerty

Avril Lavinge

I get the feeling I'll post this and the think of heaps more!

Also, what's the difference between pop and RnB?

In music, I like good words. Or musicians that play well enough to play words. I like songs like "Famous Last Words", "Reasons to Live" and "My Last Breath", because they invoke emotions well, in this case, the first and second are inspiring, while the third causes sorrow. I don't like songs where a point is bluntly stated and then repeated over and over. The meaning feels hollow, even if the singer meant it. Like one of the songs on the radio recently, where I felt the singer was exploiting the Japan crisis to gain popularity.

Anyway, that's what I like in music :)

Guest AlyTheGreatAngel

I SEE no one likes country music;/?!....or Taylor Swift I LOVE her. I mean Id go lesbien for Taylor SwiftD: hahah its a joke I have lol but I love her my room is filled with her posters and everything about her I buy her make up, magazines, anything thats Tswizzle:)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lioness

While quite varied in my music taste, I like nothing more than some sludgey nasty doomy nonsense with a slap of "post rock" in there. Basically anything by Ahab, Burning Witch, Mouth of the Architect, Loss, Mono, Destroyalldreamers, Axis of Perdition, Winter, Ulver, Thergothon,Boris and so on

I have a massive soft spot for Lady Gaga and Jean Michel Jarre

Have you ever heard of Year of No Light? You'd probably really like them based on your interests. I'm glad I'm not the only person out there that listens to Burning Witch :P

Guest Cowboy

<---- COUNTRY BOY HERE.

I prefer country. I listen to anything, yes even rap, although I don't listen to it as much as I used to (I had a strong preference for it in the middle school years). But before anything, it's country. Really though, I stick to country, rock, and pop. I'd list my favorite artists, but lol... we'd be here a while.

Top 10 though:

1. Dierks Bentley

2. George Strait

3. Brantley Gilbert

4. Eric Church

5. Chris Young

6. Luke Bryan

7. Easton Corbin

8. Justin Moore

9. Jake Owen

10. Brooks & Dunn

As far as who I don't like, I'm very clear on that: Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Kesha, Rihanna, and anyone from the Disney channel (why do they all think they can sing??)

Guest AlyTheGreatAngel

<---- COUNTRY BOY HERE.

I prefer country. I listen to anything, yes even rap, although I don't listen to it as much as I used to (I had a strong preference for it in the middle school years). But before anything, it's country. Really though, I stick to country, rock, and pop. I'd list my favorite artists, but lol... we'd be here a while.

Top 10 though:

1. Dierks Bentley

2. George Strait

3. Brantley Gilbert

4. Eric Church

5. Chris Young

6. Luke Bryan

7. Easton Corbin

8. Justin Moore

9. Jake Owen

10. Brooks & Dunn

As far as who I don't like, I'm very clear on that: Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Kesha, Rihanna, and anyone from the Disney channel (why do they all think they can sing??)

[/quot I love country music but how could u not like taylor Swift?D': haha jk :)

Guest RawrDinosaur

Mainly rock, alternative, and indie.

Snow Patrol

Kings of Leon

The Kooks

Coldplay

The Killers

My Chemical Romance

Vampire Weekend

Panic at the Disco.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest NatalieM

Metal, metal and more metal. Although dubstep is making its way into my collection and I've been listening to a ton of Ted Nugent lately, and I've always loved classic rock. This is a fairly good look at what I listen to, and this is trimmed down a ton:

AC/DC Judas Priest Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Amon Amarth King Diamond Tyr

Anthrax KoRn Van Halen

Arch Enemy Kraftwerk W.A.S.P.

Behemoth Led Zeppelin The Who

Be'lakor Machine Head Wintersun

Black Label Society Megadeth ZZ Top

Black Sabbath Mercyful Fate

Children of Bodom Metallica

Combichrist Motorhead

Cradle of Filth Ozzy Osbourne

CCR Pink Floyd

Deep Purple Racer X

Dethklok Rage Against the Machine

DevilDriver Rammstein

Dio Rush

Disturbed Savatage

Excision Skrillex

Fozzy Swashbuckle

Iron Butterfly Symphony X

Iron Maiden Ted Nugent

Jon Oliva's Pain Testament

Guest GettingThere

Genres: Pop, classical, rock, emo/alternative, Jpop, Latin pop/rock, Jrock and rock-opera.

Performers: MADONNA (the lady is incredible, not only as an artist but also as a person). Celine Dion, 30 Seconds to Mars, Josh Grobin, Pat Benatar, Journey, Survivor, Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Eric Clapton, The Doors, Ricky Martin, Camila, Natalia Jimenez, Savage Garden, Megumi Ogata, Kanami Ayano, Yuu Todoroki, TM Revolution, Emmy Rossum and Led Zepplin.

Guest Groove_Ghost

<---- COUNTRY BOY HERE.

Top 10 though:

1. Dierks Bentley

2. George Strait

3. Brantley Gilbert

4. Eric Church

5. Chris Young

6. Luke Bryan

7. Easton Corbin

8. Justin Moore

9. Jake Owen

10. Brooks & Dunn

YAY love me some country tooooo :) do you like Townes Van Zandt???????????? He is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RawrDinosaur

Indie, rock, and alternative. I like some other songs that go into other genres...

Snow Patrol, The Killers, The Kooks, Arctic Monkeys, Kings Of Leon, The Script, Maroon 5, The Fray, Biffy Clyro, Mcfly, Muse, Momford and Sons, Vampire Weekend, MGMT, My Chemical Romance, REM, AC/DC, Jamiroquai, Maroon 5, Cold Play, Green Day, Michael Jackson, Pearl Jam, Elton John, Guns and Roses, Oasis, Sterophonics, The White Stripes, The Beatles, Nirvana, The Clash The Police, Spandau Ballet, Blur, Radiohead…… I better stop before I fry my brain.

Guest mystique

no specific genre. heres some of my favorite groups.

*Paramore

*Black Veil Brides

*The Cranberries

*The Cruxshadows

*Korn

*Tokio Hotel

Guest Drewbie

My ex-girlfriend used to love country music, so you're not alone. I'm more into rock and a little bit of older pop and hip hop music. I'm kind of in love with Jesse McCartney.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest piinyouri

A lot of anything. Mostly heavy stuff within the metal realm and all it's wonderful sub-genres, but I've got my ears in country, dark ambient, harsh EBM, rap, and...Coldplay.

Guest Adrianna

I'm definitely a person with odd tastes in genres.... I like J-pop, techno, house, dubstep, electronic warehouse, electronica, synth-sing music, and occasionally some rock and roll.

Guest EvenClose

I like a lot of everything. It really don't matter much to me. If its got a good beat ill listen to it.

BUT!!! I like metal. Lots of different kinds of metal. Finntroll, Children of Bodom, Ensefirum, Made of Hate, Korpliklaani, Coalchamber, Soulfly, Trollfest, Archeon, Imperanon, Ministry, Kmfdm, Nightwish, Battlelore, Kitty, Sepultura. I really enjoy techno though also. All kinds of techno. But there is days that i enjoy gaga, the eels, the verve pipe, mxpx and rancid and stuff too.

Just depends on how I feel at any given moment.

Miranda

Guest Clara.C

Metal and Instrumental Metal/Rock primarily

Favs

Metallica

Bullet for my Valentine

Slayer

Buckethead

Nightwish

Children of Bodom

Cradle of Filth

Disturbed

Guest Jessica~

Pop and Rock music really. Especially K-Pop.

Western Artists I love= Britney Spears, Coldplay, Muse, Rihanna, Gaga, Girls Aloud, etc.

K-pop/Asian wise I love- 2NE1, SNSD, T-ARA, 4Minute and After School, Ayumi Hamasaki, Koda Kumi, Utada Hikaru and Namie Amuro.

Seriously, give 2NE1 a try. They are an amazing Korean Pop group!~

(Search for video on Youtube)

Edited by Carolyn Marie
Embedded video deleted in accord with site rules
Guest Jasper Marlon

I enjoy various genres of music, however I mainly listen to jazz/big band, country, and a bit of classical. Artists I frequently listen to are Weird Al, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Ray Charles, Billie Holiday, Peggy Lee, Ella Fitzgerald, Zac Brown Band, Johnny Cash, Garth Brooks, Hank Williams, Jr., the Eagles, and occasionally composers such as Beethoven and Chopin.

Apparently I have the musical tastes of an old man, or so I've been told. :lol: