Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest AlyTheGreatAngel

What Kind Of Music Does Everyone Like?:)

Guest AlyTheGreatAngel

So what kind of music does everyone like? And who favorite bands/singers/groups?:) So let me tell u about my music selection I loveeeee country music it seems im the only 15yr old in the suburbs or los angeles that likes country music...D: Iv never met anyone that likes it>.>, but I also rock, and pop. Sooo I love Taylor Swift shes my favorite but I like Tim McGraw, Miranda Lambert, Dolly P, Keith Urban, Rodney Atkins;) and I also like Anberlin, Boys Like Girls, Sublime, Paramore, The Script, The Beatles:D, Lifehouse, .Muse,..so yeahh. OH AND kesha;). Sooo what doesa everyone listen to?:) and who do u guys like?:D

Guest Deandra

The music genres i like are Hip hop, R&B, and Jpop/Jrock. I really don't care who sings the song as long as i like the song.

Guest DésiréeG

I suspect everyone like good music. Beyond that, everyone will never agree on anything.

Oh wait, you meant what each individual likes. Well, I collect music. Used to be LPs back in the day, then CDs, now I fill up a 4x2TB NAS with MP3s - somewhere around 20,000 albums. Rock mostly. My all time favorite artist is Melissa Etheridge, Kansas, Zebra, Uriah Heep, Eagles, Eric Clapton, Billy Joel, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and Yes. Don't ask for my top 10, there isn't enough room in the box.

Guest PaintedWingss

I'm a fan of rock, pop, country, techno, and musicals. Some artists I can pinpoint are Boys Like Girls, Fall Out Boy, The Killers, Paramore, Skillet, Panic! At The Disco, Lady GaGa, Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson, Avril Lavigne, Savage Garden, Rascal Flatts, Reba McIntire, Montgomery Gentry, Carrie Underwood, anything Disney, Rent, Hairspray, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Repo! The Genetic Opera, Little Shop of Horrors, Legally Blonde musical, and anything Disney. Wide range, I know.

I despise most rap (with the rare exceptions like Eminem) and hip-hop, so I can't even discuss that genre.

-Taylor

Guest Catherine H

I like just about anything. Granted there are some newer artists I can't stand, but aside from them, I can usually listen to anything. If I had to pick a style of music I liked the best, it'd be techno. Favorite group: Bare Naked Ladies. I also like stuff like Led Zeppelin and ZZ Top. Oh! And Janelle Monáe <3 Sash! is another great artist, same for Sting. :)

Guest AlyTheGreatAngel

I'm a fan of rock, pop, country, techno, and musicals. Some artists I can pinpoint are Boys Like Girls, Fall Out Boy, The Killers, Paramore, Skillet, Panic! At The Disco, Lady GaGa, Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson, Avril Lavigne, Savage Garden, Rascal Flatts, Reba McIntire, Montgomery Gentry, Carrie Underwood, anything Disney, Rent, Hairspray, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Repo! The Genetic Opera, Little Shop of Horrors, Legally Blonde musical, and anything Disney. Wide range, I know.

I despise most rap (with the rare exceptions like Eminem) and hip-hop, so I can't even discuss that genre.

-Taylor

[/quotOmgg we almost have the same taste in music! Lol love the name "Taylor" by the way....U see everything great starts witjh Taylor....Taylor Lautner, Taylor Swit, Taylor Guitars LOL u get the idea....:D

Guest tiffany_marie

Mostly the fast aggressive stuff.

punk rock, OI, hardcore, 1980's thrash metal etc.

I also really like reggae, ska, rockabilly, Johnny Cash (only country I like.. and I think it's because he has a little rockabilly vibe to him) and Billy Joel.

loveeeeeeee Billy Joel.

Guest Melanie Dawn

I listen to everything from Ke$ha and Lady Gaga to Slayer, and Anthrax to Shinedown, and Hoobastank. I love a LOT of different music, including MC Serch, Public Enemy, Dio, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Billy Joel, Huey Lewis, Jon Oliva's Pain, Savatage, Bullet Boys, Bang Tango, Fozzy, In This Moment, Krokus, Megadeth, Rush, Yes, Sabbath, Twisted Sister, Tribe Called Quest, Fu Shnickens, Styx, Zebrahead... well I could on and on.. but i think I covered all types of music, and a good chunk of bands... I hate country...

Melanie Dawn

Guest ladyamy

Lots of stuff from METAL to rap idk im easy with my music. :D

Guest Rachel Leigh

I'm a DJ so I'm into many genres of music: Top 40s and remixes, 90s Hits, Hip Hop, RnB, House (Electro and Dirty Dutch), Reggae, Dancehall. If the track sounds good to me and to the crowd I spin for, then it's definitely worth listening to.

Guest Lacey Lynne

Oh, my, I like ANY kind of music from ANY era from ANY country! Like, music is my favorite thing in life! Name the genre and I'm into it.

However, when all is said and done, what I REALLY like is down and dirty rock 'n roll. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, did it better than:

This was done when I was 19 and almost 20. Those were the days! You had to live 'em to understand 'em. Much, much different than today. Though this is in 1975, it's The Sixties Vibe ... which I passionately love even to this very day.

Portlandia is where many, many, many of the hippies from San Francisco's Haight-Ashbury Scene (ground zero of the counterculture) came to after the scene faded there. Those freaks (amongst whom I count myself) are here in droves! This place! God, I love it ... though heaven knows why.

Have you heard of the Freiburg Baroque Orchestra? They are German and they are a superb ensemble of first-rate virtuosi! Check 'em out doing Johann Sebastian Bach!

Peace Out!

B) Lacey Lynne

Guest AlyTheGreatAngel

I love how everyone is so difference

Guest Mina89

I have to see some kind of value in the music to like it (i.e. clever composition, good rhythm, even a catchy melody). It's not a difficult standard to meet, so I like a lot of things. I can appreciate old folk music from Europe or China right up to some indie bands today. That said, there are far fewer things I think are worth keeping on my iPod. The biggest category there is, oddly, bebop.

Just spare me Disco and anything from the (ironically and deservedly dead) folk revival! :doh1:

Oh! And David Tanny. There are no words and there never will be. :banghead:

-Valerie

Sally

As a classically trained musician and director I have performed everything from the early Baroque to experimental jazz.

Music has to have something to offer for me to enjoy listening to it - too repetitious and I am gone so there are some genres that lose me right away - most rap has a single background beat and bass line that drives me up the wall before the song ends and all to often the next cut uses the same background.

I like artists like Billy Joel and Chicago - multiple different styles - seldom boring.

Not too much of really modern music because I do not listen to the radio much anymore.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest quiet amber

My style of music is varied, prefer black metal or heavy metal but I will listen to just about anything music techno rap or whatever if it sounds good. Obsessed with blind melon and. Also dimmu borgirs latest album. Orgy, marilyn manson, kittie, nightwish, flairs, acidbath, satyricon, msi, cradle of filth, blink 182 beatles, erasure, lady gaga, various anime techno remixes list goes on

Guest Gauvain

I mostly listen to things like rock and metal, but I also really like techno/electonica and J-Rock/Pop as well. A few of my favorite bands are Skillet, Three Days Grace, Rise Against, The Cliks, Breaking Benjamin, Breathe Carolina, Dragonforce, The All-American Rejects and a lot more, lol.

Guest Exeter

I'm into electronic music; mostly Synth Pop. I love synthesisers and I play one myself. I'm odd for a teenager in that I really only like artists/bands from the '80s. (It's a weird taste thing, I suppose :blush:) Some favourites include : Depeche Mode, A-ha, O.M.D, Tears For Fears, Spandau Ballet, and Pet Shop Boys. But I'm pretty familiar with just about any Rock/Pop group from the '80s. ^_^

Guest Magan

I love all kinds of music, but I go through phases and currently I am on a Bliix kick!

:groupwavereversed:

Guest Lioness

I listen to a little bit of everything, but there's a few genres that feature prominently in my (rather large library): Hardcore (Circle Takes the Square, Gospel, Envy, Serena Joy, etc), Old School Emo (Sunny Day Real Estate, Codeine, Empire! Empire!, etc), Slowcore/Post-Rock (Jeniferever, Gregor Samsa, Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky, Mono, etc), Ambient (Stars of the Lid, Noveller, Helios, etc) and, of course, Indie (The National, Death Cab for Cutie, Copeland, States, etc).

Most of the people I meet around here are either total indie kids or metal heads, and I almost never meet anyone that actually listens to Hardcore or Old School Emo. It's kinda lame but it's life, haha.

Guest LuRay

While quite varied in my music taste, I like nothing more than some sludgey nasty doomy nonsense with a slap of "post rock" in there. Basically anything by Ahab, Burning Witch, Mouth of the Architect, Loss, Mono, Destroyalldreamers, Axis of Perdition, Winter, Ulver, Thergothon,Boris and so on

I have a massive soft spot for Lady Gaga and Jean Michel Jarre

Guest Mina89

While quite varied in my music taste, I like nothing more than some sludgey nasty doomy nonsense with a slap of "post rock" in there. Basically anything by Ahab, Burning Witch, Mouth of the Architect, Loss, Mono, Destroyalldreamers, Axis of Perdition, Winter, Ulver, Thergothon,Boris and so on

I have a massive soft spot for Lady Gaga and Jean Michel Jarre

Have you perhaps heard of Isis? I like them a little more than Boris, but I'm not very deep into that genre.

-Valerie

Guest LuRay

Have you perhaps heard of Isis? I like them a little more than Boris, but I'm not very deep into that genre.

-Valerie

Isis are brilliant, but its a shame they've split up now

Guest Caden_Leon

I'll try any kind of music once, but I'll admit that I've strayed away from the English language and found my heart being sold to foreign music, especially that which is coming out of Japan and Korea.

I'll listen to 80's rock, metal, death metal, pop, and even the dreaded rap. I used to hate rap with a passion until I found the Korean group Epik High. Their music is catchy and meaningful, which is what I love about them. Any of you rap haters out there should give them a chance by at least listening to their song "Fly", which has given me so much hope during my more depressed days (if you can find a video with subtitles, that'd be for the best).

Other bands/musicians that I listen to are Queen, X Japan (X Japan can't be categorized into a genre. They play rock, metal, and ballads all in one album alone), David Bisbal, Shakira, alice nine., The All-American Rejects, An Cafe, bis (Believe In Style), Phantasmagoria, and too many others to list.

A recent band I came across is 8-eit. They're more in the jazz genre, and I love their music. I've had them on repeat for the past week.

And who can forget the good ol' classical genre? That's got a large place in my heart, too.

Guest Groove_Ghost

MUSIC IS MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!! I love anything and everything I can jam in to my long suffering CD player, poor little guy :ThanxSmiley: His ancestors never lasted long before burning out from over use LOL

I listen to anything from Frank Sinatra, Chet Baker and Nat King Cole to Dream Theater, CKY and Powerman 5000. Just too much stuff to list LOL my collection takes up alot of space in my room, unless it is something like Poets of the Fall that I cannot buy over here I will not download!!!!!

At the minute though I am listening mostly to The Beach Boys (makes life worth living) Suede, Panic! At The Disco and of course Oingo Boingo!!!!!!

Guest Lacey Lynne

MUSIC IS MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!! I love anything and everything I can jam in to my long suffering CD player, poor little guy :ThanxSmiley: His ancestors never lasted long before burning out from over use LOL

I listen to anything from Frank Sinatra, Chet Baker and Nat King Cole to Dream Theater, CKY and Powerman 5000. Just too much stuff to list LOL my collection takes up alot of space in my room, unless it is something like Poets of the Fall that I cannot buy over here I will not download!!!!!

At the minute though I am listening mostly to The Beach Boys (makes life worth living) Suede, Panic! At The Disco and of course Oingo Boingo!!!!!!

Heck, yeah, hon!

Hey, sign me up with Jessica ... yet another member of:

Music-Lovers Unanimous!

So cool to find a kindred spirit:

Peace Out & Rock On :rolleyes: Lacey Lynne