• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

And Your Favorite Female Singer Is?

Guest Lacey Lynne

Guest Lacey Lynne

Well, who is your very favorite female singer? If you could pick one and only one, who would it be. For me, it's a total no-brainer. She touches my soul like nobody else. She and I are spiritual kin. No matter what anybody tells me, I love her, have for decades and still do:

She's way off of her game here at Woodstock (THE Woodstock and not these other mock festivals that came later), and she STILL nails it totally to the wall. Most people never realized how smart and sensitive she was. My YouTube channel is a tribute to her.

Okay, who is YOUR favorite female singer? I'd LOVE to know! Thanks!

:friends: Lacey Lynne

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JenniferB

• MaryEllen

• Sally

• Cyndee

• Forum Moderator

Well, who is your very favorite female singer? If you could pick one and only one, who would it be. For me, it's a total no-brainer. She touches my soul like nobody else. She and I are spiritual kin. No matter what anybody tells me, I love her, have for decades and still do:

She's way off of her game here at Woodstock (THE Woodstock and not these other mock festivals that came later), and she STILL nails it totally to the wall. Most people never realized how smart and sensitive she was. My YouTube channel is a tribute to her.

Okay, who is YOUR favorite female singer? I'd LOVE to know! Thanks!

:friends: Lacey Lynne

Totally and completely agree, no argument, there was nobody like Janis, she wins hands down Lacey !!

However, for this thread, I will mention someone else that looms huge in the female space !

The queen,

Peace

Cindy -

Guest quiet amber

Morgan lander of kittie. Had to look up her name, I normaly don't know the names of band members cept for kiss, and only caus my dad bless his kiss army heart :)

Guest DésiréeG

I feel in love with her from the first note (and when still in guy mode even proposed to her once during a radio call in show).

Hands down my all time favorite performer (and I've seen her live 8 times so I have a good basis to judge)

Guest Aries

I have too hard a time deciding between the 2 so I'm just gonna say BOTH Alison Sudol AND Alanis Morissette...

Alison Sudol ... A Fine Frenzy

Alanis is the all-time favorite, but I really am liking Alison-A Fine Frenzy lately (like A LOT!)

Edited by Aries
Video showing nudity removed
Guest Groove_Ghost

REGINA SPEKTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :groupwavereversed:

I wish I looked like her, sang like her, could write lyrics like her :wub:

I think I should stop before I start gushing and sounding like spend every waking moment writing Mrs J Spektor on my school notebooks, which I...............Might have done :unsure: LOL

Guest Mina89

There are a few I really like, but when I hear Cara Dillon's voice, I can't pay attention to anything else. She can make old folk songs seem a lot less musty than they usually are.

-Valerie

Guest Lioness

Thank you, Aries, for mentioning A Fine Frenzy, what a lovely voice she has!

My favorite female singer isn't the most well-known, or even necessarily the most compelling songwriter that ever lived or anything like that, but her voice is just so amazing to me. Her name is Mindy White. I saw her perform live once with the band Lydia as the secondary vocalist, and every time she sang I was stunned by her singing. Upon the (tragic) dissolution of Lydia, imagine my surprise and delight when I found out she was fronting a her own band, featuring members of (now defunct, but amazing) Copeland on the instrumentation. That band is called States and they are incredible. Her voice soars over the supporting instrumentation and never ceases to blow me away. States are just getting started, so all they have released at this time is a single (awesome!) EP. Definitely worth the few bucks to pick it up off iTunes or something similar!

• 1 month later...
Guest Miss_Construe

I would have to say either kaRIN, Ailyn, or Alissa White Gluz

I like my coffee black just like my metal.

XOXO

<3

Amy

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite is Carole King. although I like Karen Carpenter a lot too.

I'm aging myself :)

Jenny

Jacqui Scott has an amazing voice but unfortunately you must live in London or be on the right cruise ship to hear her.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Ann Onymous

Too many of them to list a 'favorite,' including a few who I consider friends (those peeps in Nawlins went and stole one of them away from me)...so I guess that could improperly influence things ;)

Of those that most here would have heard of, I've long been partial to Melissa as well as the Indigo Girls. The Donnas rocked it as well...

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Adam Lambert! Oh wait...

Seriously, for everything she's doing for the LGBT community, I'd say Lady GaGa.

After that...hmmm... Cher?

Guest ranse

Since others have said Janis Joplin and Aretha Franklin, I'll give one of my favorites who hasn't been mentioned yet: Big Mama Thornton.

Her version of Hound Dog can be found on Youtube, and another and one where she's playing harmonica:

Edited by Carolyn Marie
Links to videos removed because all videos have to be trans-related
Guest PhoebeJoan

There are quite a few.

Bjork is my favourite female artist, love everything she has done. Vespertine is one of my favourite albums. Debut as well.

There are some more impressive voices out there though.

Guest Melanie Dawn

Maria Brink of In This Moment

in-this-moment1-1.jpg

Christina Scabbia of Lacuna Coil

Lacuna-coil-lacuna-coil-858768_370_470.jpg

Vastly different styles but both amazing!

Melanie Dawn

26). Embedded videos placed in posts shall not exceed 10 minutes in length. Externally linked videos should not exceed 20 minutes in length. Videos of longer lengths may be held up until a moderator has had a chance to review them to verify that they meet our PG-13 standards. All videos and external links will be reviewed. All videos must be transgender related. Any that that are not transgendered themed and do not meet our PG-13 standards will be rejected.

Edited by MaryEllen
Non Transgender Themed Video Removed