• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My Make Up Bag

Guest meagan

Guest meagan

I have mentioned a few times that i have been learning from a friend how to be better at my make up. I have finally gotten my make up bag set up enough, minus a few brushes still but i am really happy that i have my own stuff. The last few weeks my friend has been giving me her routine and hints as to what things i should get to create for me the best look possible and i feel like sharing what is in my bag.

Toner...Neutrogena Alcohol free. I start with this and my face feels cleaner and fresh as well dry not oily. I have a mix of oily skin normally.

Moisturizer...Neutrogena Moisture oil free. After the toner some moisture makes my skin feel alive and healthy. it is also SPF 30 to fight agains the sun a bit.

Primer....Smashbox photo finish oil free foundation primer. I really like this, once on my skin feels silky smooth and i noticed my pores looked reduced.

Foundation....Smashbox high definition foundation. So far one foundation, it is oil free liquid and for my skin i have Fair F1. It blends really well for me and doesn't look cakey or mask like.

Powder...Clinique stay matte pressed powder, oil free 101 invisible all skin tones. I like this, i do not look shiney and it barely feels like i have anything on. My face feels breathable and like everything is going to stay in place.

Brushes... Mac brushes. Basic set to get me started and i added a powder brush from Dior for my pressed powder. doubles also for my blush until i get another brush.

Lid Primer... Urban Decay primer potion. transparent and helps make the eyeshadow last longer and make the color stronger.

Eyeshadow....Shiseido luminizing satin trio BR209... A really great trio of brown tones, the colors a really nice and have a beautiful satin sheen to them and light glints from the color for some really nice pop.

Liner....Revlon color stay and Maybelline liquid liner. I start with the revlon pencil and line the top lid as well the upper water line outer corner, then i re-line the top lid with the liquid and bring the line out and up from the lash line just a bit for a bit of drama and to tighten the look. I start with my liner before i do the eyeshadow, the eyeshadow softens the liner line and smudges it a bit to blend into the color.

I use two products as well for the lashes.

Plumping serum..Diorshow maximizer. to prime the lashes and plump them up and give them some length, as well to give the lashes some strength and health

Mascara...Diorshow waterproof... I love this, i have other mascaras, but for me this one is my fav, clean look, no clumps, looks long and full.

Lash Curler.... Just a cheapy, but the curve is a bit tight and pinchy. I tried one from Shu Uemura that was nice and did not pinch my lids and may get it from ebay for cheaper than the store.

Blush... unfortunately i have no idea as my friend gave it to me and it had no name on it, but the color is nice and gives me a perfect glow.

Lips... No idea here either, she is from Japan and gave me a lip gloss and color pallete that is Japanese, i apply with a lip brush. i can use a single color or layer them then finish with a clear gloss, in the middle of the bottom lip for some really nice shine. Feels light on my lips.

Make up remover...cause well, it has to come off clean at some time lol!

For the toner i use a face towel to wipe my face down. I like a towel instead of disposable pads cause the towel can be washed unlike throwing away the pads. Once the toner is dry, i move on to the moisturizer, the primer and then the foundation. I pump them to the back of my hand cause the palms carry oils and i don't want that on my face if i can help it. Using my middle fingers i put each on my face(one at a time of course) in five spots. Forhead, nose, chin and cheeks. then use the fingers to blend it outwards and down the neck. Making sure it is even.

Once i have that done i move to the powder, Taking my powder brush i pick up somepowder, tap the brush and then from the chin brushing outwrds from the center and working my way up to the forhead i apply the powder. If i do not look cakey or mask like i have done good.

Then i prime my eyes with the lid primer, lining them after first with the pencil, then the liquid. I start my eyeshadow look with a light color or a white along the brow bone, under the arch of the brow for a bit of high lite. (my shadow is a trio of browns shades) starting with the lightest shade i work the inner corner of my lid to the center.( sorry my brush is not labeled, but is an eyeshadow brush) Then i move to the mid shade and do the outer corners blending in to the lighter shade, and bringing the color into the crease under the brow bone. using the same color, i go from the outer corner of the eye and give a few taps not strokes just to the outer edge of the bottom lid. The final dark shade is going to help soften the liner and i use a stiffer shadow brush applying the color just along the lash line from the inner corner tot he outer and then back again. With the darker color again give a few taps of color to the outer corner of the bottom lid along the lower lash line. I should add, that each time i pick up shadow with the brush i give it a light tap on the back of my hand to loose any loose dust and because it is easier to darken a color on your eye lid than it is to lighten it if you applied the color to heavy.

I have lipstick, but after using the lip brush and the gloss pallete i would rather not do the lipstick. I tried using the brush to apply the stick, but it still feels heavier and i don't like the feel too much. The gloss palette feels light and looks good. Has nice shine. I start with the lower lip and go from each corner intot he center on the outer edge of the lip, then do the same for the top lip. I fill it in afterwards with vertical strokes following the natural lines in the lip. With some clear gloss, i brush it on the center area of the bottom lip in verticle strokes, giving it a full look with nice shine.

I tried to take pics but the lighting in my room is creating too much shadow to see anything clearly. These are my steps as shown to me and i have liked the effect. I hope this helped someone or provided a different approach to someone elses routine. I would love to hear what everyone else is using and how they set up their look.

Good luck and have a great day! :)

/waves

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 118 Guests (See full list)

• Willow
    • Karen Carey
    • MaeBe
    • Miss Cormac
    • Lorelei
    • KathyLauren
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • Ashley0616
    • April Marie