Sign in to follow this  
Guest Donna Jean

Hell Froze Over...

Guest Donna Jean

HELL-1.jpg

Well, I'll be danged!

Ok...back story....

I called my finance guy at Wells Fargo (Ohio) and told him that I need my stuff transferred to New Orleans..

And he knows that I'm Trans...

So, I get a call a few days later from the local Wells Fargo office and the lady welcomes "Donna Jean" and says that she has a few things that she'd like to go over with me...uh-oh...a financial sales pitch...

But we talked the next day and she is the president of the local Universal Unitarian church...

She tells me that she works with local LGBT and that they have a Transwoman member....

AHhhhh....now we're getting somewhere...

So we were invited to come which we did.....I've never felt so welcome in my life...

And their whole humanistic approach to life really appeals to me...

I've not been to a church in 40 years and I grew up Baptist...Methodist...Nazarene...Catholic....Jehovah Witness....

All ideology and beliefs are welcome there...the president of the church wears a pentacle and is Wiccan...

They believe in all beliefs having merit.....And they don't steer you in any direction...

Praying is just moments of silence to reflect, think about what is on your mind or just watch a fire engine go by...

I've firmly held onto being agnostic all of these years....this is the first organized thing to get past the front door with me...

This mornings services were held under the "Tree of Life" a very old, very big oak tree which is a landmark here in New Orleans...

treeoflife.jpg

I kinda like these people.....they think like me!

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest MonikaC

Thats awesome DJ!

I've considered going back to some sort of church as its been about 15 years for me. Maybe I'll have to check out the local Unitarian church.

Guest Zenda

Kia Ora,

:rolleyes: ....Bloody 'tri'-sexuals are into anything and everything... ;):D

:rolleyes: Whatever rocks your boat DJ, enjoy your new found interest... :welldone::thumbsup:

Metta Zenda :)

Carolyn Marie

I'm glad you found a place of worship that fits, Dee Jay. If you find peace there, and the people are nice, and they share your views

of life, then I could not be happier for you.

As for me, I'm looking for a place that has a Rabbi who wears a monacle, rather than a pentacle, and who eats an icicle while riding a bicycle. ;)

Carolyn Marie

JJ

Hug

Your church shares my beliefs. I am very happy you found it

Love & miss you

JJ

Sally

That is such good news for you Dee Jay, I only wish that I could have been at that beautiful service but retail stores do not care much about your soul just their cash registers.

They are wonderful and extremely accepting people.

Love ya,

Sally

PS - Carolyn, I think you are looking for Rabbi David Small from the movie "Lanigan's Rabbi" - played by Stuart Margolin.

Guest Chrysee

Congratulations, DeeJay!

I must say that had it been me, I might have been put off the second that someone working for the bank brought up church.

Now is there a Universal Unitarian church and then just plain Unitarian?

That magnificent tree looks like something out of Tolkien! My eye sight sucks: is that someone up the tree, or am I having visions again?

Later,

Chrysee

Guest John Chiv

Dee Jay,

Glad you found a church you like. Are you hiding behind that tree again or do we get to see evidence in form of a photo. Paging Lizzy for that picture.

John

Timber Wolf

Hi Everyone,

I was just scanning through these post titles out of curiousity when I noticed this one, "Hell Froze Over". I noticed it because Hell freezes over every winter. Hell, Michigan! A little town between Lansing and Detroit. Couldn't resist sharing this! 

With regard to the topic, I tire of people who think everyone should believe as they do. I think we have the freedom to determine how we believe and worship. It's between us and the diety of our understanding, not the other person's. Theirs is great for them, mine is great for me.

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?

VickySGV
3 hours ago, Timber Wolf said:

Hell, Michigan! A little town between Lansing and Detroit.

There is also a town by that name out in the Mojave Desert here in California, and in winter, it may not get much rain or snow, but I have had camping gear destroyed when I left water in it overnight out doors.