Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robin Winter

I Can't Believe I Forgot To Mention This!

Robin Winter   
Robin Winter

I can't believe I didn't mention this in my last rant, but I guess it's a good thing that I'm to a point where it's not the foremost thought in my mind.

I finally quit smoking!!! And with all the nasty garbage going on in my life right now, I think it shows just how committed to quitting I really am, because I haven't touched a cigarette even once in the almost two months since I put them down.

I won't say it's been easy though. My wife still smokes, and half the people I work with smoke, so I get to smell it all day every day, but this time I think I really was ready, because even though I've had some physical withdrawal cravings, and still do, I haven't actually *wanted* one, and that's always where I got in trouble in the past.

On that note, for any of you who really want to quit but are having a really difficult time, I found some good pages that might help. They focus on killing the habit before actually stopping the smoking, which is supposed to be a much healthier way to do it and has a much higher success rate.

http://hubpages.com/hub/What-happens-to-your-body-when-you-quit-smoking-with-cold-turkey--Chantix-or-Zyban

http://www.nicotinesolutions.com/index.php?page=links

I'm fairly sure these people are selling a service, but they have free information available that might be just what you need for a foundation to quit. I found some of it was helpful for me.

Sally   
Sally

Congratulations Shilo!

That is one of the hardest things anyone can ever do, so glad that you no longer want them.

Thanks for the helpful links as well.

You just keep going and you will be amazed where you will end up - hopefully where you were heading in the first place.

Love ya,

Sally

JJ   
JJ

Fantastic Shilo!

And thanks for the links-I hope I can get my daughter to read them

Hugs

John

CyndiRae   
CyndiRae

Excellent Shilo, and congrats girl. It is not easy for sure. You will have to treat yourself to something nice, now that you have some extra moola.

I quit in 96', after more than 2 decades of the Marlboro man.

Hugs

Cindy -

Guest Elizabeth K   
Guest Elizabeth K

Wonderful news! Quitting a true addiction - nicotine - is terribly hard. I quit pipe smoking 29 years ago - and I still crave it after certain meals and when relaxing with friends that are smoking. Fortunately, not as many people my age smoke anymore.

GRAND!

Lizzy