• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sex Drive And Testosterone

Guest Sergei

Guest Sergei

I was just wondering what other guys experiences were like on T. Before T I had a very high sex drive anyway, and would usually have to you know, sort myself out at least twice a day (sorry tried to put that as nicely as possible). This was one of the first things that actually started me thinking I was male, because my female friends never did this (well not to that extent) where as my male friends did. So I wondered if it would go up, or just stay the same on T. For the first couple of months it did stay the same, but then ever since that point it started going up. Now it's like 4-5 times a day!! It's not even fun, it's annoying. When I'm at work, or a uni, or anywhere, I have to go off and you know! I was just wondering if other transguys are experiencing this, and if any of the guys who have been on T a bit longer can tell me if it will calm down at all? I' at almost 5 months with it now. Thanks, and I hope that was politely put!

I'm sorry, Sergei, but I have to say...that made me crack up.

Woo, that's one of the things I'm most excited about.

But, hopefully, when I'm being intimate with a girl, I can control myself.

I mean, I control myself pretty well no, but I'm pretty primative, if you know what I mean.

Maybe being hornier more of the time will make me kick up the self control a notch.

Guest Evan_J

I have no idea but I'm waitin to hear the answer along with ya :P

And its not funny. And yet, in a "we can relate to you" way it is.

I'd say my sex drive has definitely increased as well (I'm at 6 months T). Mostly this has been fun, but it can get to be pretty distracting sometimes. Instead of seeing girls, I see their chests or legs, etc. Occasionally, I'll have a hard time concentrating in a lecture or something cause the brain is off in some sex fantasy. I dunno... I don't think it's supposed to last more than a couple of years so strongly, kind of like a puberty thing. I just hope I can find a girlfriend in the meantime!

MK

Guest JayJaye

I've always had a high sex drive and no partner (no recent partner!) and just started T yesterday. This is one of my fears (not really a fear, but for lack of a better word) that I'll think of nothing but sex; I can't imagine as I already do a LOT. Since transition can be so ... demanding of my mental resources I've decided it will probably be best for ME to wait until I'm passing 100% and fairly far along in my transition before I decide to date, so this extra sex drive is gonna likely be a problem.

I hope it's temporary! But you're not alone.

Jay

Guest Sergei
I'm sorry, Sergei, but I have to say...that made me crack up.

Lol, I suppose it is funny in a way. My friends seem to find it funny as well. A little while ago I went to the British Library in London. I had to wait ages for one of my friends went to see an article. I was a bit frustrated, so just decided to nip into the toilet and sort myself out. Anyway, when my friend came back I thought it was a bit amusing so I shared it with her. Obviously thinking she wouldn't tell anybody else. Now at uni everybody laughs and calls me "british library boy"!! If any hot guy walks past people joke and as me if I need to visit the british library! lol I'm good humored, so I can take a joke and see the funny side. But testosterone is a really crazy hormone!! lol

Guest StrandedOutThere
I've always had a high sex drive and no partner (no recent partner!) and just started T yesterday. This is one of my fears (not really a fear, but for lack of a better word) that I'll think of nothing but sex; I can't imagine as I already do a LOT. Since transition can be so ... demanding of my mental resources I've decided it will probably be best for ME to wait until I'm passing 100% and fairly far along in my transition before I decide to date, so this extra sex drive is gonna likely be a problem.

I hope it's temporary! But you're not alone.

Jay

Hey man, congrats on starting T! That's awesome!

Guest StrandedOutThere
Lol, I suppose it is funny in a way. My friends seem to find it funny as well. A little while ago I went to the British Library in London. I had to wait ages for one of my friends went to see an article. I was a bit frustrated, so just decided to nip into the toilet and sort myself out. Anyway, when my friend came back I thought it was a bit amusing so I shared it with her. Obviously thinking she wouldn't tell anybody else. Now at uni everybody laughs and calls me "british library boy"!! If any hot guy walks past people joke and as me if I need to visit the british library! lol I'm good humored, so I can take a joke and see the funny side. But testosterone is a really crazy hormone!! lol

Okay...that's just hilarious. British library boy!

In response to your "does this diminish" question. I've read on several other forums that it does subside after some time.

Man, I can't wait to be on T. I want it so so so so so so so baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Guest Evan_J
....just started T yesterday. ....

Congrats man!! Btw, I believe that kind of news deserved a thread (ahem) :P

But I also, like you guys , have had that "concern"; if I'm a rear end/xray vision through the blouse watcher now who's um....well the british library isn't where I live but.....then what the hecks gonna be up when I'm on T :D

I had the thought maybe a week ago and I'm glad someone else brought it up. As funny or awkward as the topic is its a part of "the road to manhood" I guess.

Guest Martin

My sex drive didn't change much, so I can't talk from personal experience. From what I know, though, your sex drive will settle down.

Guest Quinn

I've always wanted to hear from a guy who had almost no sex drive, maybe even identifying as asexual, about what happens when they take T. Maybe there is something around here and I just haven't found it?

Haha, I wish I could lend something more than sympathy, but I really don't know how you must be feeling. I hardly ever feel really uppity when it comes to sex, and even if I do, I don't like 'taking care of it' - it does absolutely nothing for me at all. I'm really curious to see if T changes that at all. That's too bad yours has gotten to such an annoying point though! Hmm...I wonder if there are any natural alternatives that could help calm it down? Like a food or plant or something, maybe...

Guest My_Genesis
I was just wondering what other guys experiences were like on T. Before T I had a very high sex drive anyway, and would usually have to you know, sort myself out at least twice a day (sorry tried to put that as nicely as possible). This was one of the first things that actually started me thinking I was male, because my female friends never did this (well not to that extent) where as my male friends did. So I wondered if it would go up, or just stay the same on T. For the first couple of months it did stay the same, but then ever since that point it started going up. Now it's like 4-5 times a day!! It's not even fun, it's annoying. When I'm at work, or a uni, or anywhere, I have to go off and you know! I was just wondering if other transguys are experiencing this, and if any of the guys who have been on T a bit longer can tell me if it will calm down at all? I' at almost 5 months with it now. Thanks, and I hope that was politely put!

I'm not taking T and never have but I have the same problem, to the extent that I've been thinking about getting my T levels tested as it is...this is also a big concern for me and one of the main reasons i don't want to go on T...i feel like i dont even really need it.. :huh:

Guest Snow Angel

Thanks for sharing, Sergei. That was hilarious. Being on the opposite side of the fence, I was annoyed because the drive was controlling me. I didn't even like it, and it didn't match with who I felt like I was. It was 2 times a day mostly. Now after HRT it's more like once every 2 weeks, or maybe once a day, depending on how I feel. I control it now, it doesn't control me. And that's how it should be for me. I'm very happy with it.

Guest CharlieRose
I've always wanted to hear from a guy who had almost no sex drive, maybe even identifying as asexual, about what happens when they take T. Maybe there is something around here and I just haven't found it?

Well, I'm... kind of asexual. I've never been sexually attracted to anyone, I have had "ooh!" feelings for certain men... I'm not sure if that's jealousy or if I have a crush on them. And at the same time I'm thinking I'll marry a woman, even though I've never been attracted to one. Ahh, confusion. I think T will help sort it out, but I won't get on it for a year or so, hopefully less.

But, I know quite a few asexuals online from dealing with my own confusion. Apparently the hormone theory is quite common, but for asexuals sex drive is different from sexual attraction. They have sex drives, some have gotten their homone levels checked out and it's totally normal, some of them even touch themselves, but the social, I-wanna-do-this-with-another-person-to-bond-with-them thing isn't there.

Guest raydub

Serg,

I dont know if youve gotten many answers. Most things Ive read about the sex drive situation though says that it "calms down"... granted they arent really sure if us guys just get used to it..or if it goes away. Just like any other boy going through puberty...from what i gather. Hrrm..im thinkin im going to have the same problem as you since for years ive been...uuh..sorting myself out pretty much everyday..if not multiple times per day. but er uuh..i'll let you know in a couple weeks eh? ;)

Raymond

Guest jantonio

Good post Sergei. I am not on T yet and I can say I have a slightly high sex drive. So, I can't imagine being on T and increasing it, it should be very interesting. :D

Jose Antonio...

Guest Sergei

Its interesting that pre-T guys still seem to have such a high sex drive. It just proves that even before testosterone we are male. I've never met a biological woman who behaves in this way. It just shows that gender isn't all to do with hormones.

Guest raydub
Its interesting that pre-T guys still seem to have such a high sex drive. It just proves that even before testosterone we are male. I've never met a biological woman who behaves in this way. It just shows that gender isn't all to do with hormones.

You know Sergei..I never thought of that.

But it makes sense. Id always compared my uhh..habits to those of my guy friends anyway. Never really realizing that girls dont do it that often. And always surprised when people said otherwise. At one point I just thought something was wrong with me (which in a way it is...with the girl parts and such) ... but I got over caring and just handled my business. :blush:

Funny thread. Wonder if this one's gonna come back and bite me in the butt one day...

Raymond

Guest StrandedOutThere
You know Sergei..I never thought of that.

But it makes sense. Id always compared my uhh..habits to those of my guy friends anyway. Never really realizing that girls dont do it that often. And always surprised when people said otherwise. At one point I just thought something was wrong with me (which in a way it is...with the girl parts and such) ... but I got over caring and just handled my business. :blush:

Funny thread. Wonder if this one's gonna come back and bite me in the butt one day...

Raymond

I'm so glad I am not alone in this. Well, I am technically alone in that...but you guys know what I mean. Yeah, I'm in the 2 times a day club even though I am pre-T.

Yeah...not so thrilled about handling business with the wrong anatomy, but you do what you have to.

Ray, you have to start a different thread for butt biting. Sorry, bro.

Hmm...that probably wasn't funny. Sorry guys.

Guest raydub
Ray, you have to start a different thread for butt biting. Sorry, bro.

Hmm...that probably wasn't funny. Sorry guys.

:lol:

Stranded..i appreciated it.

-Ray

Guest Martin

I'm definitely not in the twice a day club. Well, on rare occasions I am. But usually I don't need it once a day, and I'm on T. For a while I was dating a girl who wanted sex at least once a day. That was kind of awkward, though she was so adorable that she managed to rev up my sex drive a little. My point is, there are girls with strong sex drives and guys with weak ones, so there are more factors at play than just gender (or hormones, for that factor).

Yeah...not so thrilled about handling business with the wrong anatomy, but you do what you have to.

amen. well put. that basically sums up my sex life (with or without a partner) to this point.

MK

Guest harvester52

I'm maybe... twice a month? I'm almost completely asexual. And I've never had sex with another person. I also have really high testosterone levels, so sex drive doesn't always depend on hormones.

However, I do look at girls walking down the street or in the store, and I'll think to myself, "She's cute," but it doesn't go beyond that, as in... I don't have to go 'handle business'. That VERY rarely happens, but I do admit that it has.