• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A Story Of An End

Guest Melanie54

Guest Melanie54

It was raining that day. Oh how woefully poetic she thought. Mind wrought and twisted she longed for peace, however none was to be found. Curled up in her room, she stared blankly out the window, melancholy heavy on the air; Upon the horizon a storm approached, massive and hideous a beast. Winds howled and lightnings flashed.

Oh to be struck down by such a beast could surely bring peace, but such a savage storm does not bring certainty. Staring out the window as if beguiled by some witch of ancient past, stared into the heart of the storm. She opened her eyes to see the butt of the shotgun braced against the ground. Lightnings flashed and there were no thunder. She closed her eyes once more and felt the weight of that terrible storm weighing against her very soul, pressing deeply into her mind, marking her forehead for all to see.

Again her eyes opened and saw the butt of the gun braced against the floor. Lightnings flashed and there was no thunder. In her mind she rehearsed this scene. One slow breath, push down the trigger and peace. Again her eyes closed.

The storm raged magnificently. There were lightnings and howls, and gorgeous cyclones of wind. It truly was a sight to behold for there was never a scene so beautifully dark and grotesquely enlightening. Savored for what seemed eternity she did this horrifying sight.

The eye of the storm was upon her and a breath she did take. There were lightnings and there was a thunderous roar, and the earth began to shake, and song was played.

She opened her eyes at the sudden interruption of her woeful deed. Upon the windows ledge her phone sat heralding a savior. An angel among men truly did visit that day. A text of such unimaginable simplicity and unimportance but such as that to look again out the window.

The rain had stopped and sunlight sparkled brightly through the leaves of trees. The grass sparkled of dew from a fresh rain and the air tasted sweet as spring. The birds sang and tweeted merrily as she marveled of such a tranquility. In fact she did accomplish here dastardly deed. She found her peace and place in the world. As the sun set that small room was illuminated, quiet and desolated except for the gun lying unused in the corner.

This the ending chapter of the life I lived behind a mask. It is my tale of survival from my darkest hour and the day I learned that I go on living the way I was.

I have been on these boards a fair amount of time. While I have little to offer I share this story so that anyone who reads will realize in darkness light is born, all one needs to do is stay strong. I also dedicate this to my ex who is one who sent the text that save my life. While she is no longer my partner she will always be my savoir. The next day I joined these forums and the rest as they say is history.

Anyway, while I love being dark and brooding, I much prefer to be happy and so I shall commence eating my ice cream before I snooze into the next day.

Melanie

P.S. Mods feel freed to edit and or delete if you feel this story is too graphic.

• Admin

Melanie, thank you for posting this. The story is poetic and sad, yet holding promise of better days. It is filled with vivid imagery.

I'm glad you have your ex still in your life and still providing support and friendship. That is so important.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest miss kindheart

Hi Melanie,

<<< hug >>>

Welcome to Laura's Playground.

Please feel free to come over and chat sometime.

The Chat room does require another registration that is separate from from your forums one.

Please read the chat room rules before coming in, and expect a short interview with one of the chat room moderators.

One of the things that they will ask you is if you read the rules. :)

We have MTF meetings-Mon & Sat 9pm est, and you are welcome to attend.

We all look forward to seeing you.

:wub: vanna