• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Maybe Just A Tg Dream

VickySGV

• Admin

I wrote this a few years ago, but found it again recently. We are allowed to dream, aren't we???

Perhaps Just A T/G Dream

Vicky M. (M2F TS)

This may only have been a dream, but I know it could happen.

I was at a “Club” where T/G’s hang out the other night. Not far from the door was a group holding a religious symbol high and telling all who entered this Club door that they were sinning and evil by being who they were and going to this place. I passed this gauntlet of insult masked as ‘concern for my soul’ and was told that God could not be in this place where I can be who I really am, even for so short a time as one evening.

It seemed that only moments later, after I and others had endured this trial, that a person entered the Club and came over to me and laid a hand on my arm. I looked at them, and could not tell whether or not it was another T/G, a man, or a woman, because around this person was the beauty of all mankind, all genders and all feelings of love, and each one clearly visible on their face. The person spoke a name to me, that was neither my male name or my femme name, but I knew it as my REAL name, and felt the love of my friend come through in speaking it to me. The voice came gently, quietly, in the din of the Club and yet it came with the force of thunder, “Beloved, I am indeed here tonight and all nights. Come let us dance with Joy.”

Not only I, but almost all of the people there that night danced with my Friend. As my friend danced with each other T/G, Gay or Straight, they too heard their real name of love. Some looked downcast for moments as they were spoken to, but then lifted faces shiny with tears of joy and love. Sadly, one or two left quickly with their heads downturned with pain, and when they left, there were tears of sorrow on the face of our friend. For those who stayed, there was a new sparkle to the air, and drinks alone did not account for the feeling of fun and joy and peace that was there.

Too soon this night ended, and as my Friend walked me to my car, he saw the group who despised us ,and although they cried aloud my friend’s name none approached him. My friend looked at me to kiss me good night, and as HE did, he looked toward them and said “They say MY NAME, but I know them not! For they did not know ME as I walked with you and within you and as I walk with and within all of those whom I have touched tonight.”

The Peace Of The Lord be always with you!!

• 6 months later...
  • Admin

I started this right after I got here to LP but I want to bump it up for a bit. What dreams or thoughts have others had to symbolically describe our relations to Christ and God. I have a revolutionaries view of my faith, especially in regard to my being trans. Its fun.

Guest Krisina

Vicky. I can't think of any thoughts or dreams that I have had at the moment.

I thought your dream was very powerful and reminded me of Gods love or everyone.

When you see someone who is transgnder or gay and you reject them you are rejecting god.

God in essence is pure love.

You reject God.

You reject love.

Krisina

• Forum Moderator

Something I rarely share

When I was 11 I had a dream that there was a war going on in the street near my house. Tanks firing and all. I was terrified and called on God to save me.( I have felt a strong personal connection to my creator since I was very small and learned to feel and listen with my heart.) Anyway, the Creator then spoke to me and we were in a place I had never seen but later turned out to be the living room of the house I moved to when my mother remarried several months later. I can't describe what the presence that spoke with me was like except that every biblical description of heavenly beings made perfect sense after that and still does.

Basically I was told because I had called on God to save me and had stayed faithful I was being given what I sought.

Then I was walking with a lion and and a lamb along with other smaller creatures through a serene and beautiful twilight toward a home surrounded by a beautiful garden and with windows that shown with a welcoming light.

All my life that dream has stayed with me as vivid as the night I dreamed it and it felt utterly unlike any dream I had or have ever had. It seemed to methat it was a promise.

When I started to transition I felt like I had been delivered from the war that my adult life has always felt like and that promise was beginning to be realized.. And I just realized that when I saw myself walking through that meadow I was a man with short hair-a whole like I am now.

I am heading home at last. To the place I belong and at peace with my world in a way I never had been till now.

Every time I attempted suicide I thought of that dream and how it had never happened. Yet I somehow never lost faith that it would on some very deep level. Maybe that;s why I survived when I shouldn't have.

I don't know but I do know it has been good for me to remember this today. I cannot really describe that dream in all it's detail or say how much I really feel about it. But it has been an underpinning of my life and an article of faith for me.

Thank you Vicky

Love all

Johnny

• 2 years later...
  • Forum Moderator

Thank you for sharing this beautiful vision Vicky. I want to go clubbing with you someday. Hopefully we'll find your friend there as well.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

And thank you Charlize for cringing back some very important memories and realizations from Vicky's post.

We have many of us come so much further together than I think we really believed.

I am so glad to have had these years together on this journey - I hope there are many more ahead but whatever the future may hold the time has been precious.

Hugs

Johnny

This year I started attending Metropolitan Community Church with my new spouse. For two years I had attended Unity, a progressive New Thought church. What always puts a lump n my throat and an occasional tear n my eye is when they say, "let all who want to participate (in Communion) come forward. There are not exceptions, for these are the Gifts of God for the people of God. We are all Gods Children".... A loving god loves all people as they are, not just the ones self righteous people include...

So, I guess I am living my Dream. Totally out, and totally accepted in a spiritual community, if not totally understood :-)

Hugs

Michelle

I remember one experience when I was alone in a church. I came to rest and pray. During the prayer I professed that to God that I was transgender, liked to wear women's clothing, and that I'm a woman. Like a mother embracing her child, I felt God's embrace affirming me that I am his transgender child. I will never forget that day.

:)