• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Introduce Yourselves

Guest Naoki

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MaryEllen

• KieranD

• tracy_j

• Charlize

Hehe, i dont know how to :( my name on it is josephshineybob. I'm sure it'll be easy enough to find if you look in the metalwork section :) i'll have a gander at everyone's stuff once i get to a decent computer :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I'm Rowan/Madi. Though more Rowan recently.

What Terra said about their gender pretty much fits me too.

I'm a genderfluid genderqueer, and like I said am more on the masculine side reccently.

Though mentally I'm still about 50/50. Ummm... I was always a bit of a tomboy and hung around blokes, but sometimes I'd dress up all girly when I got bored.

My barbies suffered from extreme torture when I was a child, as I'm quite Sado-masochistic (Hope I spelt that right) and liked to make them fight to the death. I also stole my Mum's pins and gave them piercings, and don't get me started on the sharpie tattoos and facial hair! I've always hated hair removal and just tried to just ignore 'that time of the month'. I've dated/done stuff with both boys and girls, but I'm not bi-sexual. I'm pan-sexual, which to put it the short way is gender blind. I've had emo habits/cutting problems and booze issues in the past, but I've been clean for a couple of months or so now. Probably due to the fact that most people I know are now or starting to become accepting of my gender issues. Said gender issues became semi-public in Jan 2011, as they were too noticable to ignore.

Hi hi and welcome! ^_^

Gender blind = brilliant. Flawless victory. XD

So I've already replied to you a time or two, I totally enjoyed reading your posts, and I hope you'll give many more to read. Props to being clean, I know tha's tough and I've yet to be able to go for more than a week without numbing myself, so I mean it. Props.

Guest xjpopfanx

Hey everyone. ^^ I'm not really good at introductions but here goes. xD

I'm Antoin. Despite being a guy I feel like I identify more as a girl most of the time, I am somewhat lucky that I've got really feminine looks that gets everyone thinking I am a girl without having to dress like one. I haven't went undergo any hormone treatments or anything either, it is kind of bizarre. ^^;; I never see it personally, but when you get hit on by straight guys nearly everytime you go out it is kind of time to accept you look like a girl haha. xD

My friends kind of see me as third gender which kind of makes sense since I'm pretty much physically and mentally a mix of both genders. It can make you feel lonely though so I'm glad I found this forum and hope to meet other like minded people. ^^

Hi hi and welcome! ^_^

Gender blind = brilliant. Flawless victory. XD

So I've already replied to you a time or two, I totally enjoyed reading your posts, and I hope you'll give many more to read. Props to being clean, I know tha's tough and I've yet to be able to go for more than a week without numbing myself, so I mean it. Props.

Thanks ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
Guest runner2guy

Like everyone else, they had a look at me when I was born, and they saw a little nipple at the front and no hole at the back and then looked a bit harder in the front and found a penis, so said "He's a boy" and so it was then and so it is now, but I guess I wouldn't be writing here if there wasn't a bit more to the story than that. I grew up as a boy and thinking of myself as one, but I wasn't the sort of macho man that my dad had wanted and this and other things like me being a bedwetter - made him think of me as a weakling and I guess I couldn't help believing it myself.

The change came when I was 11. I changed home to live with relatives in England (before that I was in Orkney) who were far more sympathetic than my parents and understood me, and realised that though I wasn't strong or macho, I had a good body and encouraged me to become athetlic, which I did and it gave me gave me the confidence I never had before. Later on , I was very slow with coming to puberty - it only happened when I was 17/18 - and I never grew much hair and my peepee remained tiny, but I accepted this. I never thought of nyself as "girly" - just as not macho. For one thing, when I started work, it was as cellarman in a pub and I could shift barrels as well as anyone, and later I worked an organic smallholding with all the heavy man's work that was required and when it came to sport I could run faster than any of them (well, most of them).

It's only fairly recently that I've started wondering a bit about myself, and I guess it came to a head a couple of years ago when I was serving in the pub, and a customer called me and said "Hi miss, can you get me some...". I got whatever it was, but that evening I had a close look at myself and realised that his mistake was quite justified. I looked young for my age, only needed to shave once a week, had tiny genitals that I'd never bothered with all that much, and my frame, though athletlc, had big hips and narrow shoulders. It gave me a shock, but by this time I was happy with living my natural sort of life, and when only a year or so ago I discovered the word "androgyne" I realsed that this was me, and I accept it. End of story.

I guess that in a way I'm the opposite of a lot of the stories here. They are about guys who think like girls and want to have a girl's body. With me, I've got the girl's body - most of it anyway - but still mostly have a man's thinking. Nature made me that way, and I'm not complaining.

Heh, there's always more to the story than the beginning. Welcome welcome! Sounds like you've got something good, and that's pretty amazing. ^_^ Hope to hear much more from you.

I love the word pub. Sounds much better than "bar."

Guest Juniper Blue

Hi All,

This is amazing to find people with whom I share so much in common in relation to gender identity. I have been unusually masculine since very early childhood. I was raised with a twin brother and I was his "Protector" in many ways. He thought of me as his brother and I lived much like a boy for the first 10 years of my life, despite my parent's and general society's effots to suppress this. I lived with body dysphoria and mostly kept this a secret because I had no safe outlet. I grew up with message that something was "wrong" with me because of my masculine manner and appearance. At age 10, puberty, the pressure toward gender conformity intensified. I was able to l develop feminine characteristics emotionally but I was never able to "pass" fully as female or as heterosexual. I have suspected my entire life that I am "male" but I am embracing the identity of "Third Sex, Middle Way or Androgyne/Pangender" because of the 42 years that I have been socialized as a female. I feel best and am most comfortable as an androgynous person. This is who I am ... it is the sum of my natural inclination and my life experience. My role ... that has been constant as well, I am a "Protector" ... this is my role in society.

I prefer to be addressed as male on this forum but in life in general, I am fine with any pronoun as long as I am treated with respect.

Best to ALL,

- J

Guest Andro-Ruu1991

Yay this is my kinda intro!

I'm Tifa, (regardless what the username says) and I've finally accepted and understood the meaning of androgyne.

I'm from Northern Ireland, United Kingdom.

Mentally / Emotionally: 65% female, 35% male

Currently Physically: 10% female, 90% male

Ideal Physically: 40% female, 60% male

I'm happy looking like a guy, more comfortable being round girls / being one of the girls, and one day in the future I'd like to use an andro-male fashion style

Tifa x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest broken doll

Hellos. I still don't know what I am, but felt like this section of forums fit me best. I'm Doll and was born and still am physically female, but feel more genderless (if that's even possible?!). Ideally that's what I'd like, to have no gender at all and just be whatever that is... still haven't found it yet. Still learning too, don't really know a lot just have an ideal in my head I suppose. It's nice to meet you all :)

Guest chris_faith

Hi everyone. I just joined this site last night. The chat was the first thing which I joined. Tonya mentioned the forums so I decided to join this but was just approved this morning for it. I consider myself a FtA (female-bodied androgyne) at the moment. I was born Christina but you may call me Chris as well. The only thing I am sure of at the moment is that I don't identify as either hence the whole androgyne thing. I don't know what all surgeries I will or won't have. There was never a point throughout my life where I really felt like one or the other. The only certain thing I know of is that I have been a loner my whole life. Peace.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Carrie7676

Actually I can relate to most here I have been considered to be Androgynous, but I have always felt that I am a Transgendered, saying that after fifty some odd years I still feel this way lol

J (yeah, I know. . . very late), Tifa, Doll, Chris and Carrie,

WELCOME!!!

Sorry it took me this long to say something, but I hope you hang out and enjoy yourselves here.

• 1 month later...
Guest Lioness

Having given this a lot of thought, and having reached out for support from many people who understand gender issues, I feel that this is probably the best place for me to be on this forum for the time being, so I may as well introduce myself!

My given name is Tommy, and while I go by a few other names/nicknames, I take no real issue with my given name. I feel as though, if I were a child being born today but otherwise being the same as I am now, I would probably be put on one of those puberty stopping drugs and be given estrogen in order to smoothly transition from a young age as is becoming more and more common. However, obviously I can't go back in time and change the date of my birth, or do anything else to make this situation reality, so it's kind of a moot point, but I feel it's important to know that to understand where I'm at now. I am somewhat conflicted person, from a young age I was always just a bit more into girl things than boy things. Not profoundly so; I didn't try to wear dresses or anything so blatant, but I collected stuffed animals more than action figures and other little things. When I got a little older I spent a little bit of time where I thought I must be gay for lack of understanding how I could be so feminine and yet be male, but this passed.

As I got older it became more and more confusing. On the one hand I was technically male and was mostly attracted to females, but on the other hand I looked and acted very feminine. It began to feel like I was fighting a war between the two parts of who I was, the masculine and the feminine. This (among some other issues) lead to some pretty hard times. Eventually I started to meet trans people, and began to realize that their stories described mine. Finally, this year, I came out to my close friends as being transgender. Like every other part of my story, this was a conflicting thing as well. I felt some relief, yes, but I also felt as though I was supposed to act on this announcement in some way.

The further I get away from that initial announcement, the more I realize that, for so many reasons, I can't see myself actually transitioning from male to female, which I thought, upon coming. The cost, the toll on my body, fear of the results, fear of trying to live as a female, all of these things trouble me, but more than anything I'm worried that if I went full female I might miss parts of the masculine. After much support and soul-searching I have come to a happy compromise with androgyny. By being open and honest about who I am with more people, especially lovers, I've been giving myself the freedom to do more of the things I WANT to do, such as wearing clothing of either gender (even mixing and matching), wearing makeup, acting in a way that displays aspects of both genders, and even doing my hair in ways that blur the gender boundary.

My journey is far from over, but I'm very happy being androgynous now that I'm actually openly being that instead of denying these aspects of myself. I feel like being "genderless" (which would really be my goal) is starting to appeal to me more than being either gender, and so it's with that in mind that I say that this is where I belong for now.

I've noticed from reading most of the posts in this thread, that some people seem to do things like this so I will do one as well:

Mentally/Emotionally I feel:

about 70% female/30% male

Physically I look:

I think about 60% male, 40% female, though that may be giving myself a bit much credit towards female...I do get ma'amed a lot though and when I doll up a bit I even get hit on by guys occasionally!

Physically I want to look:

I think, at this point, 50%-60% female, the rest male

By being open and honest about who I am with more people, especially lovers, I've been giving myself the freedom to do more of the things I WANT to do, such as wearing clothing of either gender (even mixing and matching), wearing makeup, acting in a way that displays aspects of both genders, and even doing my hair in ways that blur the gender boundary.

My journey is far from over, but I'm very happy being androgynous now that I'm actually openly being that instead of denying these aspects of myself. I feel like being "genderless" (which would really be my goal) is starting to appeal to me more than being either gender, and so it's with that in mind that I say that this is where I belong for now.

Oh I like this, very much. ^_^

Hi hi and welcome Lioness!

I totally feel the genderless desire, and I want to live as such physically and psychologically. Sifting through conditioning and training to find what's truly natural to one's self is not so easy.

I am glad you're here. :)

Guest Maëlle

Hi to you all!

My name is Maelle, I was born as a biological male, though I've always had trouble identifying completely with that gender. As a child, I would cross-dress and kiss boys and...sometimes really feel like a girl and be mistaken for one. I guess the fact that my first name is a unisex name sort of helped to entrench the confusion inside of me ;-)

Since childhood, I have continually questionned my gender, sexuality and role and have not been able to "fit" anywhere. Today in my early thirties, I still have an androgynous body with feminine characteristics (long legs, slender figure, very little bodyhair, androgynous face) and male traits (height, I'm 6"4, and broad shoulders). If I let my facial hair grow for three days, I look very masculine and it suits me. If I shave it and put a touch of make up, I look very androgynous and it troubles people.

Psychologically and emotionally, I probably feel slightly more female than male; though at present I really feel genderless. Romantically, I have been both with men and women and have enjoyed being with both (though I think being with men has been more gratifying sexually).

The thing is, I have denied my androginy for a long time and have systematically tried to convince myself that I was "experimenting" with "fantasies". In the last few weeks, I've realised how constant it had been in my life, how deeply it was affecting me, my relationships and my ability to relate to my own desires and emotions. Now I wish to embrace it more fully but, as you might well imagine, I have doubts, questions and fears (and a great deal of excitement too)!

I hope that by listenning, writing and sharing things here with you, it will help me discover who I really am without hurting those I love.

I'm glad to be here!

Maelle

Guest Chimetals

im still working on the confusion of gender for me, but here i go anyway:

im biologically female, but im not particularly fond of being associated as such. i have basically no interest in "female" activities, but im generally too cautious to do any reckless "male" activities. growing up, i was considered a tomboy, something i liked at the time, but dislike now, as it has an association of "boyish girl/fake boy" attached to it. whenever i have the option in videogames, i play as a male, and when i was growing up, i would sometimes stop and wish i was an older brother, not an older sister. i was also irked that they wouldnt let me into boyscouts as a kid, though that was mostly for the archery, fire-making, and camping in a tent rather than a cabin.

i didnt think about being trans, or really know about it, until i met a transwoman on another forum. on the same forum, there were two slots for gender, one of which i set to male, and one to female, and i realized i was happier when i was referred to as a "he" than a "she".

i prefer male pronouns, and although i want chest surgery, i dont want a complete transition to male. i still occasionally like to wear female clothes, but i wish i could pass as a post-puberty male (when i pass, i look 13...im 19.) and that i was at least 5'8". im also nowhere ready to some out to my family, but if i want chest surgery sooner rather than later, im going to have to.

currently, im mentally 70% male, emotionally 70% male, except for once a month when it flops to 85% emotional snappish wreck, and look 60% female.

Guest Juniper Blue

Tifa, Doll, Chris and Carrie,Lioness, Maelle, WELCOME !!! :D Wow ... how did I miss all these new intorductions ... but WELCOME! Sorry for the late response ... what a a pleasant surpirse!

Hugs,

JB