• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest terra

eyebrows :/

Guest terra

Can anyone tell my how to shape my eyebrows (without shaving, they just take over more face that way, on me at least, i've had them shaved off at so many parties they almost touch my hairline O.O)

plucking or *gulp* waxing them?

i dunno what to do other than start from the bottom :)

i did bleach and dye and one eyebrow blue once, it didn't last long :?

any advice would be a godsend!

thank you :)

terra

JenniferB

I've never had a problem with my brows being waxed. It's the tweezing that's painful if it isn't done right. Still it takes less than 15 minutes to complete.

Jenny

Guest Miss_Construe

start by waxing and maintain by plucking with some really good tweezers.

Guest Donna Jean

Electrolysis, Hon......

They'll never be back.....

Dee Jay

Guest terra

haha i intend on keeping them Dee Jay, there is jus too much i can do with eyebrows this long (from middle outwards... very outwards lol. not bushy lol)

the reason i suppose i used to get rid of them at any given chance (for instance the party where people are like "woo gonna shave off some eyebrows!!" and when they didn't i'd be like "i wanted to see some eyesbrow loss!!" and shave mine off lol) was so i could get people (usually female cos they had eyeliner) to draw them on hehe. not to mention they were more skilled and usually drew more feminine eyebrows.

i see now about waxing first, that makes sense :) but what to do on shape? i'm intriqued :) lol any thoughts?

and has the word "eyebrows" lost its meaning to anyone else? *dizzy face* O.o

Guest terra

p.s. i tohught waxing would be worse lol. i once was bored and plucked my entire right eyebrow out. then decided to pluck out all my leg hair from about 5 inches abouve my ankle downwards, it took a while but i got it all!! :)

Guest terra

too wierd? i thought so :/ lol

Guest ignota

Just a lil' tiny bit :P

Guest terra

Haha, wouldn't have it any other way :)

Guest IsabelleStPierre

Greetings,

Waxing it the quickest and easiest way to get your brows down and then us tweezers to maintain them. It you're having problems with the shaping of your brows there are numerous websites that have excellent articles on how to shape your brows.

As for tweezing the hair on your leg, use an epilator which basically rips the hair out from the roots like tweezing but is much faster. Now, some people find them painful to use but I happen to be a masochist, so what's a little pain???

Peace, love, and contentment,

Isabelle

Guest terra

Thank you :) i never thought of checking other websites for some reason *forehead slap* i'll get right on it :D what is a decent brand of epilator?

Guest Daisyxx

I got mine done professionally, only cost me £7 which isn't much and it meant I didn't make any mistakes. After that it was just a case of maintaining them myself with tweezers. After about 6 months they need touching up by a pro again (I'm getting them redone on sunday :P) but it's just so much easier and so worth the cost of getting them done properly. Plus they'll look way better :)

-Em

Guest terra

haha! Genius plan right there :) that way i'd be able to find out whqt kind of shape to go for in future too :)

Guest harry2001

Waxing it the quickest and easiest way

Guest Sarahwr

I tend to shave the top part above the eyebrow and then to pluck the bottom hairs to thin out the whole eyebrow.

I don't mind pucking and once pulled out every hair from the back of both hands up to the wrist. Unfortunately this is not permanent and I now shave them every 2 or 3 days as I do my legs.

How many times would I have to pluck a hair before it decided not to bother to grow again?

What about nasal hair? I have always plucked these. What do other do please?

Thanks and best wishes,

Sarahw

MackenzieB

I dunno. I just go and see this sweet little oriental lady for my eyebrows. I can't understand a word she says. She spends about a half hour waxing, plucking and fussing. And then charges me $10. I always tip her real good...

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• EllaChanson
  • Who Was Online

73 Users were Online in the Last 48 Hours
    • EllaChanson
    • Cmattison
    • Naotoplays
    • Rachel Gia
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Dev
    • Michelle F
    • Ravin
    • MaryMary
    • jade2003bs
    • Jocelyn
    • Laura Beth
    • claire1000
    • BrandiBri
    • MaryEllen
    • Rachael
    • Charlize
    • ChickenLittle
    • Marci
    • b.
    • Jishwa
    • DenimAndLace
    • Jani
    • Willow
    • tamt
    • Timber Wolf
    • NekoSammy
    • SugarMagnolia
    • Kirsten
    • Mallion
    • Jmark
    • JBfox
    • Kenna Dixon
    • Terry
    • Petra Jane
    • clockworkdragon
    • Elyse Marie
    • Amy LeBlanc
    • jae bear
    • VickySGV
    • Alexx21
    • Lukas
    • Beth
    • giulia
    • IKnowMyName
    • JJ
    • ITNicco
    • Cthorne
    • CyndiRae
    • Sally
    • Lady Ayu
    • doni
    • SkyeWrite
    • Sophie
    • Mike VS
    • tracy_j
    • Regn
    • Janeshannon
    • Lily
    • ice princess
    • ErinLeach
    • barbra e
    • ZaharaWolf
    • KymmieL
    • Aprilrain
    • Noel L.
    • Mistfit7
    • Sharon Aml
    • Elle
    • Cheyenne skye
    • Jennylynn
    • Cat Lady Kelly
    • bobbisue
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Cmattison
    Newest Member
    Cmattison

1. Elias
      Elias
    2. Taja
      Taja
      (41 years old)
    • EllaChanson
      thank you all, hugs
    • EllaChanson
      Well these days me and the boys jam in santa margarita
    • Rachel Gia
      The bottom eye portion is not the important and can cause most of the issues. The darker stuff tends to drift downwards anyways.    
    • Carolyn Marie
      I have never worn lace, so I can't answer your second question, Michelle.  The answer to the first question is, yes.  Which is one reason I've always worn short hair wigs.  They still get hot, but not as bad as long hair, and you can get them a lot shorter than mine.   Natural hair wigs won't be as hot, but I have heard that they are harder to take care of, more expensive (not that synthetic is cheap, mind you) and don't last as long.  My mono-filament wigs have lasted me around five years.  I have two, so I can switch them out frequently.   Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      'LOL!  Yeah, that's a tough one, Magnolia.  I had help from my son's GF when I started out.  Lots of Youtube videos out there, and practice, practice, practice.  I don't try fancy stuff like "smokey eye."  I use a liquid liner, a heavier line on the upper lid, and thin line carefully applied below the lower lid, and no mascara.  That simplifies things.  I gave up on pencils long ago.  They just don't work for me.
    • Michelle F
      Ok... I am bald. LoL I live in the deep desert. Cochella Valley's Summer temps average 110°. Last year it hit 122° in June.   I have heard that full wigs are very hot. Is it same with lace?
    • Ravin
      I hope they come to a satisfactory settlement that includes good policy for students.
    • Cmattison
      Thanks so much. I think I really do need to talk to a therapist. I dont believe I have any gender therapists near me. I have to travel a ways. That's okay though. I'm willing to do so if it helps me figure out who I am. I just feel lost. I'm hoping that by going through the threads and talking with people here will also help me.
    • Rachael
      What a pretty kitty. I hope things work for you. 
    • Charlize
      Welcome.  I certainly understand the feeling of the coming and then going of my gender issues.  I am a "bit" older and learned at an early age to suppress any desire i had to change gender.  Like you i got married and had a family.  I simply got on with life.  From time to time the need came back.  I finally just let go and transitioned.  Oddly i haven't had any urge to return.  There are certainly things i still enjoy that i learned as a male.  I'm  finally finding acceptance of all of me and am comfortable in myself. It took time.  Being here has helped a great deal.  Therapy did as well perhaps simply because i was able to be open with someone who didn't see me as a freak.   It is great that you the support of your husband.   Try to relax and enjoy the journey.   You are not alone.   Hugs,   Charlize    
    • Michelle F
      I can't remember NOT crying during movies...   I even tried when Luke found out Darth Vader was his Dad and cut his hand off... And when Lia told Han, Luke was her brother I had to stop the DVD. I was in a complete sobbing and gasping, emotional blubbering idiot...LoL   Oh yeah... And especially when Ron said Hermione's name when he was in hospital after the poison he drank at Prof. Slughorn's place...
    • Michelle F
      More COFFEE!😘
    • Michelle F
      LoL... Today it's like "I'm  totally drained..."  No energy at all... spino/finaster combo. That's gotta be it...
    • Michelle F
      Lemme know where you at and I might be able to grab my guitars and maybe keyboard and bass an come play! If you're not too far that is...
    • Michelle F
      I'm making chicken cacciatore (skinned breast) with whole wheat pasta.   The Spirono/finesteride combo has me drained! LoL   Normally I am full of energy. 
  • Upcoming Events