Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest terra

eyebrows :/

Guest terra

Can anyone tell my how to shape my eyebrows (without shaving, they just take over more face that way, on me at least, i've had them shaved off at so many parties they almost touch my hairline O.O)

plucking or *gulp* waxing them?

i dunno what to do other than start from the bottom :)

i did bleach and dye and one eyebrow blue once, it didn't last long :?

any advice would be a godsend!

thank you :)

terra

JenniferB

I've never had a problem with my brows being waxed. It's the tweezing that's painful if it isn't done right. Still it takes less than 15 minutes to complete.

Jenny

Guest Miss_Construe

start by waxing and maintain by plucking with some really good tweezers.

Guest Donna Jean

Electrolysis, Hon......

They'll never be back.....

Dee Jay

Guest terra

haha i intend on keeping them Dee Jay, there is jus too much i can do with eyebrows this long (from middle outwards... very outwards lol. not bushy lol)

the reason i suppose i used to get rid of them at any given chance (for instance the party where people are like "woo gonna shave off some eyebrows!!" and when they didn't i'd be like "i wanted to see some eyesbrow loss!!" and shave mine off lol) was so i could get people (usually female cos they had eyeliner) to draw them on hehe. not to mention they were more skilled and usually drew more feminine eyebrows.

i see now about waxing first, that makes sense :) but what to do on shape? i'm intriqued :) lol any thoughts?

and has the word "eyebrows" lost its meaning to anyone else? *dizzy face* O.o

Guest terra

p.s. i tohught waxing would be worse lol. i once was bored and plucked my entire right eyebrow out. then decided to pluck out all my leg hair from about 5 inches abouve my ankle downwards, it took a while but i got it all!! :)

Guest IsabelleStPierre

Greetings,

Waxing it the quickest and easiest way to get your brows down and then us tweezers to maintain them. It you're having problems with the shaping of your brows there are numerous websites that have excellent articles on how to shape your brows.

As for tweezing the hair on your leg, use an epilator which basically rips the hair out from the roots like tweezing but is much faster. Now, some people find them painful to use but I happen to be a masochist, so what's a little pain???

Peace, love, and contentment,

Isabelle

Guest terra

Thank you :) i never thought of checking other websites for some reason *forehead slap* i'll get right on it :D what is a decent brand of epilator?

Guest Daisyxx

I got mine done professionally, only cost me £7 which isn't much and it meant I didn't make any mistakes. After that it was just a case of maintaining them myself with tweezers. After about 6 months they need touching up by a pro again (I'm getting them redone on sunday :P) but it's just so much easier and so worth the cost of getting them done properly. Plus they'll look way better :)

-Em

Guest terra

haha! Genius plan right there :) that way i'd be able to find out whqt kind of shape to go for in future too :)

Guest Sarahwr

I tend to shave the top part above the eyebrow and then to pluck the bottom hairs to thin out the whole eyebrow.

I don't mind pucking and once pulled out every hair from the back of both hands up to the wrist. Unfortunately this is not permanent and I now shave them every 2 or 3 days as I do my legs.

How many times would I have to pluck a hair before it decided not to bother to grow again?

What about nasal hair? I have always plucked these. What do other do please?

Thanks and best wishes,

Sarahw

MackenzieB

I dunno. I just go and see this sweet little oriental lady for my eyebrows. I can't understand a word she says. She spends about a half hour waxing, plucking and fussing. And then charges me $10. I always tip her real good...