• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

sigh....

Guest TheCanadianVegan

Guest TheCanadianVegan

I didn't know what to put for the topic title, so I just put something :/

So ima basically just tell ya'll my story, k?

So basically I eat MASS quantities of food, I mean enough to probably feed like, a couple of people at least, no exaggerations here.

And this makes me worried, so then I'll go a while where I basically eat nothing, for like, up to a month at a time. And then I get really scared cause i feel sick and light headed and really bad so Im like Im gunna just find a middle ground. good idea right? But at this point im so starving that I just go right back to gorging myself on large amounts of food. And the cycle repeats :(

Right now Im kinda in the not eating stage, and freaking out a bit.

Ill explain something cause my family is very unhealthy eating, basically meat, every once in a blue moon some steamed frozen veggies and cheeses junk food, chocolate candies ice cream etc.

problem is when im in the basically not eating phase I break down every once and a while and eat something but its junk food. So the little food I do eat is crap :(

and when I say hardly ever eat, I mean I haven't eaten breakfast or lunch in probably over 3 weeks or so. and dinner time I just say Im not that hungry and eat maybe a few mouthfuls of food.

So now im feeling really sick like this morning when I went to get up when i woke up I had to lay back down cause I was SO dizzy and lightheaded i felt like I was going to just pass out and die.

Oh and my father bought my some Dr. Pepper and in my body's need to get SOMETHING I drank like, 3 litres in like less then 2 days :(

and of the last week or so i've gone prob 3 days without eating and when I do eat it is very little, and tends to be very unhealthy foods.

I don't however count calories or nothing like that, just has to do with amount of food i guess?

and i dont weigh myself very often but when I do I don't like when Im over 120lbs

right now im about 122lbs, down from 128lbs about a week and half ago.

Now let me just say that I don't think Im fat, I know I'm not.

It's the fear of becoming fat that drives what I do.

So ya that's it, and Im basically scaring myself I'm afraid Im going to get myself dead or something or get severely sick or something but I can't help it :'(

So I'll probably start eating lots of food again in the next few days I think, and ya know what? Ill feel much better :) However knowing me the cycle will just start over again and ya :(

Thnx if u read all that

Peace ♥

• Admin

First off, you are at a place where you can talk to other people who are there with you. Eating disorders and other addictions and compulsive issues seem to be part of us Trans Folk. I am trying to lose weight since I technically fit into the category of being obese (how I got that way is posted on another board here) and occasionally do think that all that I have to do is knock off the junk food and eat only every day or three. That is pure sabotage to yourself though, (especially since I am type 2 diabetic,) and not only do you risk hypoglycemia (low blood sugar which makes people grumpy and very anxious) but your body will trigger you to do sucn things as gorge on food.

It will be tough, but the best Idea is to DISCIPLINE YOURSELF to eat 5 small, balanced meals (although the balance can be over all 5) every day. You do not have to absolutely count the calories in them at your weight, but, a teacup/small soup cup full of oatmeal, a banana or some other single piece of fruit and low fat milk make a good start to a day. You get the picture there of what I mean by a small meal. You will need to also plan the time for the meals, and if you have a say in the portions at family dinner, take the smaller portions, but contract with yourself, or someone else to finish the food on the plate. Small regular, balance portions

With all of that planned and a "done deal" that you turn into a habit and "just do", you will feel better and not be centered on the food. Thinking ahead reduces anxiety and will keep you more intact with the reality that you are liked and loved just as you are, and since Trans, as you will become.

Hi Sarah,

You don't post your age or your height so its a little hard to put this in perspective. You mention your dad but not as if you are a child so who knows... Also 120 pounds is fine if you are 5 1/2 feet tall....

What you describe sounds like anorexia with periodic binges. Vicky's advice is sound; however, if you are anorexic you will know soon because the odds are self discipline isn't the solution to the problem.

The reality is the healthy decision to make would be to start with a general practitioner, get a physical to see if there are issues there impacting your eating habits and follow his advise. If you are anorexic it can lead to many health problems up to and including organ failure and death. Not trying to be alarmist mind you, but if you are unable to exert the self discipline of a structured eating program like Vicky advises, it may be time to seek outside help.

In the meantime, you were wise to lay the situation out here where you can get emotional support from everyone, and specifically members who have been where you are.

Best wishes

Michelle

Guest Maria_B

I haven't got anything to add that these fine ladies haven't.

But, I am here to support you if you need it. If'n you just want to talk or what-not, been through Anorexia and binging and all that, I know what helped me a lot was just talking and not treating it like some big deal.

Hey, may not be your cup of tea to do that, but if it is, I'm wide open to talkin'. (Just keep in mind I'm Australian so replies may be far between). PM me at your leisure.

Again: Just offerin' support.

Love you

Te amo

Maria.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 150 Guests (See full list)

• MaeBe
    • violet r
    • Ivy
    • MaryEllen
    • Vidanjali
    • VickySGV
    • Adrianna Danielle
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

JamesyGreen
    Newest Member
    JamesyGreen

1. Alscully
      Alscully
      (35 years old)
    2. floruisse
      floruisse
      (40 years old)
    3. Jasmine25
      Jasmine25
      (22 years old)
    4. Trev0rK
      Trev0rK
      (26 years old)
    • Davie
    • Abigail Genevieve
      "I love you so much,"  Lois said.  They met in the driveway. "I could not live without you." "Neither could I." "What are we going to do?" "Find another counselor?" "No. I think we need to solve this ourselves." "Do you think we can?" "I don't know.  But what I know is that I don't want to go through that again.  I think we have to hope we can find a solution." "Otherwise, despair." "Yeah.   Truce?" "Okay,  truce." And they hugged.   "When we know what we want we can figure out how to get there."   That began six years of angry battles, with Odie insisted he could dress as he pleased and Lois insisting it did not please her at all.  He told her she was not going to control him and she replied that she still had rights as a wife to a husband. Neither was willing to give in, neither was willing to quit, and their heated arguments ended in hugs and more.   They went to a Crossdressers' Club, where they hoped to meet other couples with the same problems, the same conflicts, and the same answers, if anyone had any.  It took them four tries before they settled on a group that they were both willing to participate in.  This was four couples their own age, each with a cross dressing husband and a wife who was dealing with it.  They met monthly.  It was led by a 'mediator' who wanted people to express how they felt about the situation.  Odie and Lois, as newcomers, got the floor, and the meeting was finally dismissed at 1:30 in the morning - it was supposed to be over at 10 - and everyone knew how they felt about the situation.   There was silence in the car on the way home.   "We aren't the only ones dealing with this." Odie finally said.   "Who would have thought that?  You are right."   "Somebody out there has a solution." "I hope you are right."   "I hope in hope, not in despair."   "That's my Odie."    
    • Abigail Genevieve
      The counseling session was heated, if you could call it a counseling session.  Sometimes Lois felt he was on Odie's side, and sometimes on hers.  When he was on her side, Odie got defensive. She found herself being defensive when it seemed they were ganging up on each other.   "This is not working," Lois said angrily, and walked out.  "Never again. I want my husband back. Dr. Smith you are complicit in this."   "What?" said Odie.   The counselor looked at him.  "You will have to learn some listening skills."   "That is it? Listening skills?  You just destroyed my marriage, and you told me I need to learn listening skills?"   Dr. Smith said calmly,"I think you both need to cool off."   Odie looked at him and walked out, saying "And you call yourself a counselor."   "Wait a minute."   "No."
    • Ashley0616
      Just a comfortable gray sweater dress and some sneakers. Nothing special today. 
    • VickySGV
      I do still carry a Swiss Army knife along with my car keys.  
    • Timi
      Jeans and a white sweater. And cute white sneakers. Delivering balloons to a bunch of restaurants supporting our LGBT Community Center fundraiser today!
    • April Marie
      Congratulations to you!!!This is so wonderful!!
    • missyjo
      I've no desire to present androgynous..nothing wrong with it but I am a girl n wish to present as a girl. shrugs, if androgynous works fir others good. always happy someone finds a solution or happiness    today black jeans  black wedges..purple camisole under white n black polka dot blouse half open   soft smile to all 
    • MaeBe
      I have read some of it, mostly in areas specifically targeted at the LGBTQ+ peoples.   You also have to take into account what and who is behind the words, not just the words themselves. Together that creates context, right? Let's take some examples, under the Department of Health & Human Services section:   "Radical actors inside and outside government are promoting harmful identity politics that replaces biological sex with subjective notions of “gender identity” and bases a person’s worth on his or her race, sex, or other identities. This destructive dogma, under the guise of “equity,” threatens American’s fundamental liberties as well as the health and well-being of children and adults alike."   or   "Families comprised of a married mother, father, and their children are the foundation of a well-ordered nation and healthy society. Unfortunately, family policies and programs under President Biden’s HHS are fraught with agenda items focusing on “LGBTQ+ equity,” subsidizing single-motherhood, disincentivizing work, and penalizing marriage. These policies should be repealed and replaced by policies that support the formation of stable, married, nuclear families."   From a wording perspective, who doesn't want to protect the health and well-being of Americans or think that families aren't good for America? But let's take a look at the author, Roger Severino. He's well-quoted to be against LGBTQ+ anything, has standard christian nationalist views, supports conversion therapy, etc.   So when he uses words like "threatens the health and well-being of children and adults alike" it's not about actual health, it's about enforcing cis-gendered ideology because he (and the rest of the Heritage Foundation) believe LGBTQ+ people and communities are harmful. Or when he invokes the family through the lens of, let's just say dog whistles including the "penalization of marriage" (how and where?!), he idealizes families involving marriage of a "biological male to a biological female" and associates LGBTQ+ family equity as something unhealthy.   Who are the radical actors? Who is telling people to be trans, gay, or queer in general? No one. The idea that there can be any sort of equity between LGBTQ+ people and "normal" cis people is abhorrent to the author, so the loaded language of radical/destructive/guise/threaten are used. Families that he believes are "good" are stable/well-ordered/healthy, specifically married/nuclear ones.   Start looking into intersectionality of oppression of non-privileged groups and how that affects the concept of the family and you will understand that these platitudes are thinly veiled wrappers for christian nationalist ideology.   What's wrong with equity for queer families, to allow them full rights as parents, who are bringing up smart and able children? Or single mothers who are working three jobs to get food on plates?
    • Ashley0616
      Well yesterday didn't work like I wanted to. I met a guy and started talking and he was wanting to be in a relationship. I asked my kids on how they thought of me dating a man and they said gross and said no. I guess it's time to look for women. I think that is going to be harder. Oh well I guess.  
    • Ashley0616
      I don't have anything in my dress pocket
    • Carolyn Marie
      This topic reminds me of the lyrics to the Beatles song, "A Little Help From My Friends."   "What do you see when you turn out the lights?"   "I can't tell you but I know it's mine."   Carolyn Marie
    • Abigail Genevieve
      @Ivy have you read the actual document?   Has anyone else out there read it?
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I am reading the Project 2025 document https://www.project2025.org/policy/   This will take some time.  I read the forward and I want to read it again later.   I read some criticism of it outside here and I will be looking for it in the light of what has been posted here and there.  Some of the criticism is bosh.   @MaeBe have you read the actual document?
    • RaineOnYourParade
      *older, not holder, oops :P
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.