Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Hayley

how to sleep and post-op swelling

4 posts in this topic

I got home from the hospital today, but I have no idea which way to sleep to reduce swelling. I'm waking up feeling on fire and it feels like my vagina is about to swell out of my panties! Help! Any advice would be appreciated! huh.gifcry.gif

At the hospital, the bed kept me comfortable and they kept it iced properly. I dont have that here!!

First and foremost, ask your surgeon.

Generally I would say laying on your back will put the least stress in the area.

After the first 3 or 4 days after surgery the swelling should have been stabilized and things start to get a bit tight as some swelling goes down as it gets towards when the packing is removed.

If swelling is continuing to get worse, I would be concerned about infection or something else going on. It is not something to mess around with.

The first week or so after I got home I took a lot of short warm baths. I found it soothing for down below.

I suggest you lying on your back. I was always lying on my back for the first 3 weeks. Then I could lie on my tummy again, even though it wasn't very comfortable. Just put your legs like a frog, I always spreat them this way I felt best