• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Binding for hips

KieranD

My hips are the widest part of my torso and need to be bound in order to wear shirts that are closer to fitting right. As of now the only full length binder I've been able to find is the underworks 997. I can't wear compression shorts or anything like that because of the discomfort the seams on my "true waist" feels. Does anybody else know of binders that are full length and bind hips?

• Forum Moderator

If there are any I am not familiar with them. I think the best best is possibly to go with something like Spanks on bottom and a separate binder on top. I do understand the challenge-before T I had the same problem

Johnny

If there are any I am not familiar with them. I think the best best is possibly to go with something like Spanks on bottom and a separate binder on top. I do understand the challenge-before T I had the same problem

Johnny

Yea...can't do spanks.

Oh, I still have this problem at 10 months.

• Forum Moderator

Sorry. I swim about 2 miles with scuba fins every day and wonder if that did it. And I've lost 120lbs. I noticed the weight is coming off in female places first. Which suits me fine. Only lost about 4 inches off my waist but at least 18 off my hips. Didn't measure the top so can't say how many inches there.

I hope someone knows something else that will work for you

Johnny

I don't know of any hip binders. I just have to get by with wearing clothes that create more of a masculine shape on my body. For me, that's button-down shirts, flat front pants, and suit jackets.

I don't know of any hip binders. I just have to get by with wearing clothes that create more of a masculine shape on my body. For me, that's button-down shirts, flat front pants, and suit jackets.

What are flat front pants? Is that just pants without pleats?

Me...well...in order to wear clothes that don't look like I'm a kid trying on his dad's clothes I need to bind my hips. If I don't then the clothes are nowhere near fitting. A few months ago my hips were measuring in at 47 inches while my chest, when bound was about 40 inches. It's a big difference and most clothes are cut like a square or inverted triangle.

What are flat front pants? Is that just pants without pleats?

Me...well...in order to wear clothes that don't look like I'm a kid trying on his dad's clothes I need to bind my hips. If I don't then the clothes are nowhere near fitting. A few months ago my hips were measuring in at 47 inches while my chest, when bound was about 40 inches. It's a big difference and most clothes are cut like a square or inverted triangle.

Yep, flat front pants are ones without pleats. Pleats can add unwanted curves to a silhouette. That's why tailors recommend that short or overweight men avoid them. Since I'm a little shorter than the average guy and carry a few extra pounds, I stopped wearing them and it really does make a difference in how I look.

I look less like I'm wearing my dad's clothes and playing dress-up when I wear clothes that are more fitted, even when they hide the parts of my body I'm uncomfortable with. I look at what men who have body shapes close to mine wear to disguise their own flaws (i.e. a beer gut or moobs). Since I've started paying attention to things like that, I've been a little more successful at dressing in ways that let me pass as male more often than not.

I guess this might be a good way to explain my situation. A shirt would fit my shoulders in a small but won't fit my hips unless I wear maybe a large or extra large. The looks I like on guys my size tend to be fitted. Ruttledge Wood is a fair example...and the guys at chubby guy swag.