• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Packer Experiences And Reviews

Guest My_Genesis

Guest Djeridoo

I have a question about the Underworks 983 (tri-top). I'm bigger (I have a stomach) and when I had used ace bandages, my stomach would bulge out, on top of causing the ace bandage to roll. I have the same concern about the tri-top. Will it make my stomach bulge out? And would my stomach cause it to roll up really bad?

I have a worn out 997 binder (it's nearly 10 months old) and I was thinking if rolling was a problem I could layer it over or under the tri-top (whichever worked better) to compress my stomach and keep it in place, but I have concerns about it constricting my ribs too much, especially considering I work in my binder, and my job entails quite a bit of physical activity.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flint

• JJ

Guest Batsu Maru Otoko Yo!

I have a question about the Underworks 983 (tri-top). I'm bigger (I have a stomach) and when I had used ace bandages, my stomach would bulge out, on top of causing the ace bandage to roll. I have the same concern about the tri-top. Will it make my stomach bulge out? And would my stomach cause it to roll up really bad?

I have a worn out 997 binder (it's nearly 10 months old) and I was thinking if rolling was a problem I could layer it over or under the tri-top (whichever worked better) to compress my stomach and keep it in place, but I have concerns about it constricting my ribs too much, especially considering I work in my binder, and my job entails quite a bit of physical activity.

I have a couple of fairly worn-out 997s, and when I need stronger binding I do occasionally layer them...it's not too bad but that's probably because they're about one and two years old respectively. I imagine that the 997 would keep the 983 in place pretty well, though...I'm planning to order a 983 soon (hopefully), so I'll test that hypothesis and get back to you.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest some ftm guy

Product company: Underworks

Product model: 988 extreme chest compression tank size medium

Price: 34.99 shipping price: 6.75

Review on shipping: amazing! thursday afternoon i bought it and today (saturday morning) it came, that's super fast!

Review on customer service (if applicable) N/A

Review on actual product: i love it! it doesn't make me completely flat but it's way better than before wearing a bra. it kind of bunched em up in the center and up a little even after i tried reaching up into it and pulling them down. kind of like a sports bra would only much more compressed and i can press them in and make it a little flatter, making me worry that maybe i should have got a small for when it stretches out a little but if it were a small i wouldn't have been able to pull it down from my shoulders! I'd be stuck forever in a self hug. it took me at least 5 minutes to put this one on lol. plus a small would probably really hurt to breathe. i can pass well enough I'd say, at closer inspection i look like a guy with big strong pecs, and it could also look like i bound average size boobs up. I'm a 38 B btw. haven't gone out in public with it on yet but it could be much much worse. it was sore for a while on the center front of my ribs when i took deep breaths after only a couple hours wearing it but it went away in a few minutes, same with left side of my left moob pain, it came and went in a few minutes. probably because it's new and I've never binded before and it'll take some getting used to since it's a pretty snug fit (i say that in a good way) and I'm not used to wearing tight clothing. overall really ecstatic i finally bought this and can't wait to get more :D

• 1 month later...
Guest Brendan

Product Company: Juya from Les Love Boat

Product: High Performance Velcro Long Binder

Price: $61 plus shipping

Review on shipping: Came within the time they said, took about a week to get from Taiwan to Arizona

Review on customer service (if applicable): Great! They were out of the black on that I ordered, so they immediately e-mailed me and told me I could wait about a week for the new shipment to come in, or they could send me one in white. This was great because I would have ordered white if they had it on the website, so I ended up with what I really wanted.

Review on actual product: Much more comfy than the double front. It feels like the material yoga pants are made of instead of mesh. the velcro on the sides makes it much easier to get on and off also. It gets me about as flat as the double front too. They say there is binding in the midsection, but not really. Again, it's a stretchy material so it is tight against your stomach but it doesn't push it in like the double front. Very worth the price in my opinion.

Size of reviewer: I'm 5'0, 110 pounds and chest size DD

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Avery F

Product Company: Underworks

Product: 988 Double-front, only chest compression

Price: $34.99 (not sure if this is the cost on the official Underworks website; I got it through another site which was devoted to gynecomastia.

Review on shipping: This shipped really fast, it got to my house in maybe two or three days.

Review on customer service (if applicable): N/A

Review on actual product: I really like this binder. It doesn't make me totally flat, but I can certainly pass even in a relatively tight shirt. It's very comfortable; most of the time I forget I'm wearing it, and that's actually saying a lot - I have asthma, and prior to getting this binder I'd wear two sports bras. They always constricted my breathing somewhat, but this doesn't do that at all. I also like the fact that this doesn't compress the stomach; I'm a 34B, and quite thin, so normally my chest sticks out a lot, but the looser stomach section on this shirt let my stomach sort of come out so it doesn't contrast at all sharply with the chest. Overall I'd definitely recommend this particular binder.

• 3 weeks later...

Product: 997 double front panel compression shirt

Price: $29.99

Review on shipping: This shipped really fast, it got to my house in maybe two or three business days.

Review on actual product: So far I really like this binder. To get the flatness I want (due to very dense chest) I do have to wear two layerd because I was just barely in the medium range, but I felt a small would be to diffucult to get on (with my shoulders and hips being the way they are)there is a bit of pinching under the arms, but I belive that is because of my body type and will change as i work out. Overall I am very pleased with the purchase and would recommend this model to anyone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest PaintedWingss

Product: Model 997

Price: $29.99

Review on shipping: Shipping was fine.

Review on customer service (if applicable): n/a

Review on actual product: I literally just got my binder in the mail. It's a pretty good binder, however since I'm a D-cup, it doesn't flatten all the way, so I had to tape myself down a little in order to get as flat as I could. When I taped, it was better, but I'll have to save my medium sized shirts for when I can wear something over or under them. I will say that it binds better than ace bandages by far, and there is no lung compression nor is there any tightness of my ribcage. Because it goes down so far, it flattens my belly and my hips well, so that's a plus! Could be better, but I'm satisfied for my first binder.

Guest someone or other

Product: Extreme Chest Concealer Tank 988, XS

Price: $34.99

Review on shipping: It arrived nine days after the Paypal payment cleared.

Review on customer service (if applicable): Pretty good. I ordered a small and it was too big, and they are going to let me ship that back for my money back even though I opened it.

Review on actual product: Pretty dang good! It's comfortable, but I think probably still a bit big on me, even though it's the smallest size they offer. I don't see it through my shirt unless I'm really looking for it, and it looks almost completely flat (I'm a 32A to begin with). It only compresses the chest, too, which is nice. It tucks into my pants nice and easily, too.

Guest Carter L

Now that I've had some experience with three different binders (got the third one today!), I'll post my reviews.

Bra size: a firm 34b, almost 34c.

Product Company: T-Kingdom

Product: Model 801 (Zip-up front "Sports bra" style)

Size: Medium

Price: $60, but I got the express shipping so it was a little more costly than that.

Review on shipping: Shipping was great, got here very quickly to be coming from overseas.

Review on customer service (if applicable): Not so great, couldn't get a confirmation on the express shipping.

Review on actual product: I originally got this as just a binder for a costume I was using at a convention, or at least that's what I told my mom. I was still unsure about my gender identity at the time, so I feel that it helped me realize that I really am a guy. It bound me very well, didn't stretch out a whole lot, and I feel that it created a pretty realistic male chest with good breathability. I had it for about four months and wore it daily, until my mom found out I was using it for more than my costume and took it away. The only downside, I'd say, is the zipper. The zipper pokes through on tighter shirts, so you can tell there's something under there. I was told it just looks like a necklace, but I still got a little nit-picky on that. At the end of my use of it, I felt very satisfied and was sad to see it go. I am considering purchasing another one of these in the near future.

Product: Model 997 (Double-Front Compression Shirt)

Size: Small, I'm pretty sure.

Price: $30 + shipping

Review on shipping: Very good, arrived quickly even though I didn't choose a special shipping rate.

Review on actual product: At first, this was a great binder. I had been using a homemade binder (control-top panty method), but it didn't bind very well. When I got the 997, I was pleased to see that it made me pretty flat even though a bit of a bump appeared at the top of the binder (my breasts are firm, and so the fat distributes evenly throughout, creating a muscle-y bump at the top that I don't think looks natural). People claimed not to notice until I pointed it out (and even afterwards said it didn't look weird), but I didn't like it because that meant there was still fat there, which created a breast-like slope. One thing I noticed about this binder that differed from the T-Kingdom binder was that it created a more shelf-like appearance at the bottom of my breasts. It didn't smooth them down quite the same way, and so if I wore a shirt that was too tight it was clear that there were female breasts present rather than a little bit of pectoral muscle. After a few months, it also stretched out and I had to start wearing both my homemade binder and this binder, causing me some breathing and back problems. I eventually cut the binder shorter in an effort to lessen these problems, but even then the combination was too much and didn't produce satisfactory results, as both had stretched. An example of how much it stretched is this: I used to be unable to pull it over my head because I would get stuck, and so I had to pull it up from my feet (like a dress, sorta). Now, I can pull it over my head with ease, even without having cut it shorter. By itself, the binder currently does not bind me very well at all.

Product: Model 983 (Tri-Top Compression Shirt, white)

Size: Small

Price: $35, I think, + shipping

Review on shipping: Very good, arrived in under a week despite a snowstorm and standard ground shipping.

Review on actual product: So far, I feel pretty good about this binder. I encounter the same "bump" problem as described above with my 997, but it is not as bad and I think it's also due to recent building of pectoral muscles in the gym. It produces very good results, and my friends say it looks a lot better than my 997 and homemade binder combination. There is less of a "shelf-like appearance" as the 997 made, and it doesn't go down my torso fully so I feel that it is more breathable, even though it feels a little tight since it's brand new. I had some difficulty getting it on, but I was in a rush anyway. I instantly smiled when I looked in the mirror, as it compressed my right breast very well (it is a little larger than my left breast), to a point where I feel it's not that noticeable (and I'm very picky about it). My left breast looks exactly like a regular guy's pecs. I hope it doesn't stretch out like my 997 did, but I expect that it will since it is made of the same material. Overall, though? Great binder. Three layers in the front but one in the back makes it a lot more comfortable than layering binders. It definitely gets the job done with ease, even if it's a little tight for my taste at the beginning.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lokki

Hey there! I'm new here- I hope that questions are okay in this thread! I was wondering if any of you guys had ever had back trouble with your binders? I've been using the Underworks Tri-Top (XS) for about a year, and it leaves me with a LOT of back pain towards the end of the day, primarily in my lower back. I have really good posture (I blame marching band!) and no spine problems or anything that I know about. Is my binder maybe too small? I have a 34B/C chest size... Alternatively, do you think it's maybe a problem with the Tri-top design not supporting my back enough? Has anybody else had this problem? What did you do to fix it?

Thanks!

Guest Carter L

Hey there! I'm new here- I hope that questions are okay in this thread! I was wondering if any of you guys had ever had back trouble with your binders? I've been using the Underworks Tri-Top (XS) for about a year, and it leaves me with a LOT of back pain towards the end of the day, primarily in my lower back. I have really good posture (I blame marching band!) and no spine problems or anything that I know about. Is my binder maybe too small? I have a 34B/C chest size... Alternatively, do you think it's maybe a problem with the Tri-top design not supporting my back enough? Has anybody else had this problem? What did you do to fix it?

Thanks!

Hey, Lokki.

I actually HAVE experienced this, though more with my 997/homemade-binder combo, as the compression is more. The tri-top (which I use now) hasn't completely alleviated this, but I'm assuming it's my back needing time to heal. Maybe not, though, now that you've mentioned this. I'm actually the EXACT same chest size as you, but you should be wearing a SMALL, not an EXTRA-SMALL! Binding with a binder a size too small can cause more than just back pain, bud. We're talking rib damage. :(

Be careful!

Carter

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lokki

Hey, Lokki.

I actually HAVE experienced this, though more with my 997/homemade-binder combo, as the compression is more. The tri-top (which I use now) hasn't completely alleviated this, but I'm assuming it's my back needing time to heal. Maybe not, though, now that you've mentioned this. I'm actually the EXACT same chest size as you, but you should be wearing a SMALL, not an EXTRA-SMALL! Binding with a binder a size too small can cause more than just back pain, bud. We're talking rib damage. :(

Be careful!

Carter

Ah, I thought it might be a bit too small ;) Thanks for your advice, that's good to know.

• 1 month later...
Guest harvester52

Product: Tri-top

Price: $29.99 + shipping, about 35 dollars total.

Review on shipping: AMAZING. I ordered it on Wednesday and received it on Friday. Note that I did NOT pay for two-day shipping. This was the standard ground service offered.

Review on actual product: All I can say is... WOW. It's comfortable, fits me perfectly, breathes, and doesn't dig into my armpits. I like that the back is a single layer, and the fabric is breathable. Why didn't I buy one of these years ago when I was hassling with ace bandages and dysphoria through the roof?! I'm a bigger guy, and could pass without a binder because my belly-to-moob proportions allowed for it, but I couldn't get away with just a button down shirt, i.e. my clerical uniform, without it being obvious I had breasts. For the first time in years, I put on a shirt, looked in the mirror, and thought I actually looked good. It was a little difficult to get into as is expected, but I found that the best resolution for this is to step into it instead of trying to put it over your head. Works best if you're naked. I also recommend cutting out the tag on the inside. It gets a little itchy if you don't. All in all, the best 30 bucks I've ever spent. I can wear my clerical uniform dysphoria-free now. Thank you, Underworks, for designing an excellent product for the FTM community!

Here's some pics as was suggested earlier in this thread:

2011-06-03160756.jpg

2011-06-03160713.jpg

Guest someone or other

Product: Extreme Chest Concealer Tank 988, XS

Price: $34.99

Review on shipping: It arrived nine days after the Paypal payment cleared.

Review on customer service (if applicable): Pretty good. I ordered a small and it was too big, and they are going to let me ship that back for my money back even though I opened it.

Review on actual product: Pretty dang good! It's comfortable, but I think probably still a bit big on me, even though it's the smallest size they offer. I don't see it through my shirt unless I'm really looking for it, and it looks almost completely flat (I'm a 32A to begin with). It only compresses the chest, too, which is nice. It tucks into my pants nice and easily, too.

I'd like to update this review, after having the binder for a while longer. At first I was okay with it not being all that flattening, but after a while it gets pretty irritating to always have that little give away, however minimized it may be. I started just using an ace bandage, and honestly, it works infinitely better. I think other folks with small torsos would probably do well to go this route, what with the so-called x-small being not all that small, really.

Guest Adios

Product: Model 997 - Double Front

Price: $33.74 (including shipping and using the 'under10' code)

Review on shipping: Fast and discrete shipping.

Review on actual product: I've worn Underworks binders for 7 years now. I think I've owned 7 double fronts in that time. Great binders. I was a 38D before I started binding. When binding, my chest was relatively flat for someone my size (and weight). Over time, the tissue has broken down and thanks to T, I am completely flat when wearing a binder. Because it is the double front model, it likes like a regular under shirt due to the length. I've never had anyone comment on it and I've had several people touch my chest while stealth (with only a light t-shirt over it). Don't put them in the drier and they should last a long time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

One of my new binders came-the T-Kingdom 690 and I've worn it for over an hour.

Not long I know but I already know it works MUCH better than my Underworks 988. It goes on easier, looks more natural and binds better. Maybe the difference is the velcro but I am pleased with it so far.

Johnny

Guest Eric6

I'm an A and I got the 690, I think, from T Kingdom in a medium. Black. It's worked out fine, but when I got a Medium in their 980, which was a non-Velcro, I couldn't even get it over my shoulders. Nearly got stuck in it! So I exchanged it for the 1700 (white vest with velcro) again a M, since the other Velcro one had been fine. First time on, I thought it was okay. Wore it to work. I was aware of growing discomfort and then actual pain, which lasted for awhile after I got home and took it off. Thick, I know. I was warned. Then when I tried to wear it again, planning to do so for only an hour or so, it began hurting at once and I had to un-Velcro it, even though I hadn't got home.

Not their fault, I guess, but I'd measured myself and by their chart and the fact that the first binder was fine, I had expected better. I plan to see if I can stretch the Velcro and maybe see if a couple of safety pins to make it a bit wider will work...The white vest binder certainly was very different from the black shorter one, possibly different or thicker material?

Alex

Guest AlexForever

I discovered something neat!

You know that when you purchase something from Underworks there's a blank space where it says to put the coupon or gift code?

Well...I got curious and tried to google it...and I found it! In the first results :lol:

If you put under10 in that space, you get a 10% discount.

Not like you save up a lot, but it's still a discount :lol:

Figured out it was just fair to share.

Guest Drewbie

Product: 988

Price: I'm not sure, my mom paid.

Chest size: About an A I'd guess

Review on shipping: Great, came in like 2 days.

Review on actual product: When I first bought mine I was smaller and skinnier so I had ordered a small and it worked great. It made my moobs look like pecs and the outside material looked enough like a wifebeater that I could even wear it without a shirt. Since I started working out and taking T, I got a bit more muscular and a little bit fatter so I couldn't wear my small anymore. I ordered a medium and it doesn't bind me as well. It still works enough for me to pass and feel comfortable but I'd prefer it'd be tighter.

Product Company: T kingdom

Product: I'm not exactly sure, I think it's the 690. It's about sports bra length with velcro on the side.

Price: I got mine for free from someone else.

Review on shipping: N/A

Review on actual product: It works okay, but only because my moobs are so small. It's not very comfortable, I don't have much flexibility in it. I always have to wear something under it, which makes it hot. Also mine is a bit small on me and the velcro likes to partially open itself and make that loud velcro noise. It's okay if I'm only going to be wearing it a short period of time.

I know this one isn't a binder but it could work for someone small as a binder.

Product Company: Reebok

Product: Compression dri-fit sports bra

Price: Not really sure, not more than 25 bucks.

Review on shipping: N/A

Review on actual product: This works great if I don't need to be totally flat. It binds me almost as well as my T kingdom binder. The only thing I don't like about it is the racerback. It kinda digs into my shoulders because the one I got is small. It also shows the straps sometimes if my shirt collar moves.

Guest AlexForever

These are my reviews; I've only tried them on for a little while today so I will update when I have more experience with them!

Product: Tri-Top Chest Binder (Style 983), Black

Price: $29.99 plus shipping; Got a small discount by typing the coupon code under10

Review on shipping: Kind of expensive but fast, it got there in a week. I also was able to check to see where my package was at the moment thanks to an helpful link I got in the mail.

Review on customer service: n/a.

Review on actual product: Only tried it on today; My chest measurements are 100cm (fuller part of chest) and 89 (right under chesticles) and I am overweight; based on the sizing chart on their website, I got a Large. It was VERY difficult to put on, and I was afraid it would never fit, but you just have to insist (not with too much force, you don't want to break it! You have to be slow and have patience) and then it was more confortable than how I expected! It really gets me flat (it's brand new though, dunno how long it will last!), but it's rather hot, and I guess it might be unconfortable if you want to use it for a long period of time. I can directly wear a shirt over it with no problems!

Product Company: T-Kingdom

Product: Model 801 Breast Binder, White

Price: Website price is €42.65 + shipping, but I got an used one for free (only payed the shipping) from another FtM

Review on shipping: n/a

Review on customer service: n/a

Review on actual product: It works surprisingly well! Using their size chart, I looked for an XL, which is what I got from the guy; It seems to be somewhat "loose" (it moves around a bit) but it works, it probably would fit perfectly if it was brand new. Considering it's been used, it's still in great conditions and works great! It does bind a little less effectively than the Tri-Top (I can still wear a shirt and nothing else over it, but I'd use a baggy shirt to be sure) but it's also a lot more confortable and easier to get on.

I only tried them on for a while so I don't know how confortable they are in a long time, I will update when I'll get to use them more.

Bye bye old Velcro thing and clothes layering :harhar:

So this is sort of a binder question, and sort of a 'whining about being big-chested' question.

I'm large-chested, obviously - it's been getting better since I started on T, but that's a fractional change. I'm not sure of my chest size by numbers, and I've been wearing the Underworks double-front shirts for years now, I think the extra-large? They work pretty well, as long as I buy new ones every year or so and keep them out of the dryer, but I'm encountering a new problem now that I have a more active job...I can't keep things in place. Not only do I sweat underneath my boobs, which destroys my skin like crazy, but things tend to move around, so to speak, and unfortunately they tend to migrate to the center of my chest and make a very sports-bra-looking thing, which is no good since I'm mostly stealth. I dug out my old bras to see if that would do anything, and it generally helps keep things in place but it's very uncomfortable (in more ways than one!). I'm thinking of buying new ones, but before I do that I figured I'd see if anybody here had suggestions for binders that might help. For reference, I was thinking that my next binder might be the Underworks tri-top one. I'm also transitioning to a slightly less-active job, but it's going to be in Korea so I really need to decide on one that'll work for at least a year without having to be replaced.

Any ideas?

Guest Adios

So this is sort of a binder question, and sort of a 'whining about being big-chested' question.

I'm large-chested, obviously - it's been getting better since I started on T, but that's a fractional change. I'm not sure of my chest size by numbers, and I've been wearing the Underworks double-front shirts for years now, I think the extra-large? They work pretty well, as long as I buy new ones every year or so and keep them out of the dryer, but I'm encountering a new problem now that I have a more active job...I can't keep things in place. Not only do I sweat underneath my boobs, which destroys my skin like crazy, but things tend to move around, so to speak, and unfortunately they tend to migrate to the center of my chest and make a very sports-bra-looking thing, which is no good since I'm mostly stealth. I dug out my old bras to see if that would do anything, and it generally helps keep things in place but it's very uncomfortable (in more ways than one!). I'm thinking of buying new ones, but before I do that I figured I'd see if anybody here had suggestions for binders that might help. For reference, I was thinking that my next binder might be the Underworks tri-top one. I'm also transitioning to a slightly less-active job, but it's going to be in Korea so I really need to decide on one that'll work for at least a year without having to be replaced.

Any ideas?

Are you wearing anything under the binder? Like a thin undershirt? Some body powder might help with the sweating as well.

As for the moving around..I can't think of a really good solution for that. How do you position your chest under the binder? Down and out? Up and out? Just down? Just up?

Are you wearing anything under the binder? Like a thin undershirt? Some body powder might help with the sweating as well.

As for the moving around..I can't think of a really good solution for that. How do you position your chest under the binder? Down and out? Up and out? Just down? Just up?

Just the bras under the binder...like I said, it's really uncomfortable. I wear an undershirt over it, though, to keep my pants from falling off...the binder is too slippery otherwise. Let's see...mostly I try to push things out and a little down, but not too much. They stay down okay, but keep coming together in the center.