Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest jamo-chelsea

Music you can get lost in?

15 posts in this topic

Who else love completely spacing out with a good album or song?

I love doing it :P

One of my favourite bands, Karnivool, does an excellent job at evoking imagery and emotion that I just get lost in every time.

This is a live set from a few years back after they released their second album: Sound awake

some of the best tracks are, Deadman, Themata, New day and Umbra.... And then there's Change(1/2) which is on a whole other level.

It's odd, but watching that gig pretty much changed my life :D Inspired a whole new direction with my guitar playing and singing.

So what gets you lost?

I usually listen to Three Days Grace. I love the One-X album. U know, I live with Three Days Grace's musics. my soul is bounded to those musics.

And all the times when I want to talk to others and I don't want to talk my self, I share them a music to listen. then Epica is a nice choice for those situations. for example when some one tried to make fun of me about my problem (being a TS) I share him "Crying for the moon" and every thing solved. ;)

I like green day and avenged sevenfold, I can relate to seize the day by avenged sevenfold and basket case by green day.

i love linkin park and tegan and sara i could listen to them for hours

My favourite band is RUSH I listen to them and all is better. Its like I'm in another world.

I'm of a different era, but one of the best bands I knew of to get lost in their music was The Moody Blues. They were, and are, just awesome.

Carolyn Marie

Cameo - Candy, 'cause escaping into funk is wild.

^_^

My favorite I get lost in is music from the likes of Enigma, Synthetic Substance, Y Traxx, Sirius & Nyla and the likes. At work, I listen to (very quietly at my desk) The Chillout Lounge internet radio station. If I am in the mood, sometimes Vocal Trance.

I love to get lost in music!

My favorite get lost in album is So Tonight That I Might See by Mazzy Star

My favorite get lost in artist is Bjork

My favorite get lost in song is The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys by Traffic

Im more of a metal head, fave band iron Maiden, through their music and lyrics i fealt i dunno safe in a very bad time of my life. kept me from going over the edge, and since then i listened to metal music most. however

I love getting lost in soundtracks, example "The Last Samurai" which compose dby Hans Zimmer, and Mass Effect 2 Soundtrack by Jack wall and Sam Hulick one is based on orientle sound and is slow and epic, though it delves in the thunderous crescendos towards the climax of the album, and the other is sci=fi done right, they mix i guess would be trance like, music with heavy bass and catchy melodies, with straight up heroic patriotic fanfares that remind you everything is okay and gives somthing to cheer for. and not to mention the peices of ME2' soundtrack where you delve deep into the unknown a track called Legion, in the game your inside a old space ship that is actually a synthetic life form with organic parts too. anyway the music is unknown, scary, and tense and once it has you on the edge of yourseat it slowly pours into your head with tunes that tickle your spine and raises your heart beat, then goes all on what i can only describe as the most epic amazing, peice of sci-fi horror ever portrayed in any soundtrack ive ever heard.

but yeah video game soundtracks or Movie soundtracks

Try the track "The Falls" by Ennio Morricone from the film, The MIssion.

I can listen to Enya for hours. On the other hand, I listen to Alice Cooper, Katy Perry, Queen, Pink, Jethro Tull, Owl City, Black Sabbath and a whole range of others that you wouldn't think would go together.

I can listen to Enya for hours. On the other hand, I listen to Alice Cooper, Katy Perry, Queen, Pink, Jethro Tull, Owl City, Black Sabbath and a whole range of others that you wouldn't think would go together.

LOL - you are not kidding - I would have never linked that group of performers together - some I have never even heard of - so, wow - you sure do have quite a well-rounded range of musical tastes!

Fields of The Nephilim for me...esp their 'Elizium' album....can listen to it on a loop for hours on end. It came out in 1991, but is still as fresh as it was the day it came out....it was the first cd I uploaded to my iPod.

For me it's any of the Cetic female perfomers or bands likeLoreena Mckinnett, the Celtic Women or the band Clannad, there is something wonderfully conforting to me to here these hauntingly female voices backed by the sound of harps and pipes.

Just two words: Power. Metal. In general, anything from Iron Maiden to Sabaton, from Helloween to Stratovarius, or from Sonata Arctica to Kerion, anything will easily catch me.

But when it comes down to getting deeply immersed in the music from dawn to dusk then Symphonic metal kicks in. Bands like Rhapsody of Fire or Fairyland have some ability to get me lost into dreamlike majestic landscapes so wonderful that can only exist within the realms of imagination.

Here is a little example, hoping you get an idea:

The leaves are dancing under the wind

The songs of birds are filling my head

A taste of heaven, a magic play

The return of better days

(from Rebirth - Of Wars in Osyrhia (2003) by Fairyland)

Quite fitting for the moment, since spring has just begun ^^

Hugs,

Ethain