• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Alexx21

Suicide and islam

Guest Alexx21

Am a member of another forum that is for Islam while looking around i found a post about suicide

Saying that if you kill yourself you will end up in the hell fire.

It upset me because my dad died two weeks ago he killed himself he was mentally ill .

Most people who commit suicide are mentally ill in some way...i wont like to think that my dad is in the hell fire because he killed himself.

I feel i don't agree with it at all.

KimOrbit

Hi Alexx, as a muslim you should pray for him and donate for him. These are gifts those could help dead people. dont give up. just pray for him.

and another thing. If he was really ill mentally then he had no control on his actions. then hell fire wont be upon him when he was mentally ill. just I can say pray for him.

And I am sorry about your father.

JJ

Though I am not Muslim it is my understanding that it is a belief filled with wisdom and love and I don't think it would condemn those whose acts are based in mental illness. From what I have read suicide itself is not a mental ilness but the depression that so often precedes it is.

In addition I don't think it is good to accept what one person online says as a truth about your faith. Because of many misunderstandings there have been some awful things said online about your faith but you don't believe them do you? And there have been people who have twisted it to harm others and make it associated with hate and violence -Do you believe them? Most of the Muslims I have heard from condemn them as much or more than I do.

My own faith is the same way. I think almost all are. Humans twist words or misinterpret them.

Some members of my extended family were Roman Catholic and I know that suicide is condemned as a mortal sin by the church. Forbidden a funeral service in the church etc-unless the person is mentally ill-then they are not responsible for their actions. I think it is the same with many religions-perhaps with Islam as well

My suggestion is to talk to a spiritual leader of your faith and find out what your faith's actual belief is before being influenced by someone else's opinion.

My heart and thoughts are with you.

Johnny

Guest Sascha

Hi Alex,

I'm so sorry for your loss. No one knows how you feel right now, so I am not pretending I should know. But I can understand the misery in some way. I hope you gather enough strength, and I wish you well. Personally, I am not religious so I cannot answer the question you have. However, I do believe that if someone lived a good life and provided and cared for someone else he won't go to any Hell. That place should be reserved for the wicked of wickest, and even then (according to many many religious texts) everyone can get into terms with their creator even on the moment of dying.

Take care Alex, life has thrown you a hardball. But many people are here to help you through this difficult time.

Guest ley

Am a member of another forum that is for Islam while looking around i found a post about suicide

Saying that if you kill yourself you will end up in the hell fire.

It upset me because my dad died two weeks ago he killed himself he was mentally ill .

Most people who commit suicide are mentally ill in some way...i wont like to think that my dad is in the hell fire because he killed himself.

I feel i don't agree with it at all.

The above posters are correct in saying that those who are not fully sane are free from responsiblity till he is sane, such as the one who sleeps till he awakes. Only God knows your father's state in the hereafter and truly He is the most wise and the most just and He made oppression forbidden for Himself, and His mercy is greater than His wrath. Bare in mind that all the mercy in creation, all the love and care between a mother and her child, the people who feed the poor etc. throughout the entirety of existance, all if it is but one part of mercy that Allah created for He left 99 for the Day of Judgement, so truly He is the most gracious, most merciful so don't upset yourself, but cry for tears are but a mercy from God :) the ever lasting, the one who cannot die.

Peace!

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 128 Guests (See full list)

• Jocelyn
    • Mmindy
    • Kaltia_Atlas
    • Emily michelle
    • KathrynnCox
    • KathyLauren
    • BarefootNikki
    • Susan R
    • Kian
    • Suiraa
    • MaryMary
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

HannahM
    Newest Member
    HannahM

1. DaveMK
      DaveMK
    2. Jordy
      Jordy
      (38 years old)
    • Emily michelle
      My sister just cornered me and asked when I was going to tell her husband. Because he is asking questions and our neighbors are asking questions. Of course the one neighbor is a loud mouth that has no filter. Apparently he asked my sister point blank what is going on with me. So I don’t know I want to come out so bad but I’m scared to death.
    • MaryMary
      I remember when I was a teenager the first years when I felt more intense dysphoria. I was starting my puberty (the wrong one). It felt like a mix of panic and depression. It was like a cloud that was setting in on top of my emotions and feelings. Without really realizing it I went from being relatively happy, listening to pop music and all that to being a trainwreck and just unable to deploy any effort on any projects and listening to very very dark music, suicidal etc etc lol I also remember when my voice changed because I remember the trauma and the panic. In fact I reacted so strongly that my voice didn't actually deepened. Later, doctors said it was because of stress...   Then as an adult, before my coming out it was like a general numbness and felt like I was turned off (like a computer that is turned off). I like the expression "crushing depression" that someone used, that's pretty much it.   Now I relatively don't have a lot but when I feel it it's no longer general numbness and depression. It's more like a knife stab, that sudden feeling you have the first second when you learn a really bad news.   Anyway, that's my way of describing    
    • Susan R
      I can relate to this exact feeling although I never smoked, I have seen the affects on others.  After purging my entire wardrobe, the powerful feeling of ‘accomplishment’ would eventually wear off.  Then, during this state of suppression, the dysphoria would start to kick in, often triggered by singular events...seeing a beautiful woman, seeing a man act chivalrous to a woman, or some similar event. My mind would not relent on those images and the need to dress as myself would increase as it always had. Within a week, I found myself thinking about nothing else but dressing as myself.  Eventually, to calm my mind, I would break down and go shopping.   Acceptance of yourself and who you are seems to be a good way to stop this unproductive, painful and costly cycle...at least this is true in my case.   Susan R🌷
    • Suiraa
      As previously stated, everyone experiences dysphoria differently. I've tried to study mine some to try and understand how it functions. It is like an internal mechanism that is uncomfortable and knows exactly what is causing the discomfort. This discomfort is then translated into impulses that feel very similar to craving something like nicotine (but not quite). One of the things for me is that I will feel discomfort in my body hair and I will have to shave and make myself look pretty. Otherwise I will start to become distracted and irritable. I need to study it way more and I currently consider my understanding of these mental processes to be rather limited.
    • Tori M
      What's all the fuss?  Is that not your natural color?  It's you, girl!  Hottie, gonna have all the guys' heads turnin'.
    • Susan R
      Didn’t disappoint...absolutely love it! Watched the video. Thanks Sally!😃  
    • Carolyn Marie
      Thanks for your inspirational and helpful post, Mary Jane.  We've all had to build armor to one extent or another.  All armor has weak points, and if we learn where those are and how to survive with those weaknesses, we'll become strong enough to survive, like you have.   Carolyn Marie
    • A. Dillon
      Oh yeah, that short on the sides, long on top style, repping the squad!!
    • Mx.Drago
      Great you can felt yourself a new teddy bear with all that. 🐻 Must be so stress relieving, if not breezy.
    • Just Lee
      Personally, I think the style and color strongly emphasize your eyes and forehead, giving a more youthful appearance. Can we see this blonde with makeup for the full picture? 
    • Just Lee
      Way to go!!! You did it!
    • Susan R
      I think you look good as a blonde. Show us this same look with your everyday makeup on and I think almost everyone would agree that it’s a very nice look. I want to also mention...to me, it looks just slightly more natural too. Maybe that has more to do with the way it shapes your face.🙂   My Best, Susan R🌷
    • Mx.Drago
      It's very nice and suits you well.👍
    • RachelQ
      I think that human beings, families, communities, etc. (probably since our beginning) are comfortable with “sameness”. Being trans or anything else that breaks that sameness (small and large) can cause fear in our family members but also, of course, with people outside our families – and sadly that can lead to hurtful things said and done by them. I wish too that people were more accepting and kind.
    • Susan R
      Congrats on the haircut and incoming binder.  I hope you tipped the hairdresser well😉.  There’s enough hair there to make yourself a sweater. You probably dropped a few pounds too.   My Best, Susan R🌷
  • Upcoming Events