• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Lololololol

Guest Nekomata

Guest Nekomata

18 June, 2007

What About Sexual Reassignment?

Dear Bro. Waddey:

How should we response to a person who is in the process of sexual reassignment surgery who want to become a member of the Lord's church and wants to know if they would be welcomed? How should we view those who are born with both sex organs, but decided not to change, or those whose parents made the decision for them?

-Waldo

Dear Bro. Waldo:

Living in this marvelous age of medical technology not only offers blessings, it presents great challenges to Christians who wish to please God in all things. It raises ethical questions our predecessors never had to face.

There are two categories of people who seek sexual reassignment or sex change surgery.

1. There are legitimate cases that occur when a person is born with what medical terminology describes as sexual anomaly. In such cases a child might be born with imperfectly developed sexual organs, both male and female organs or the sexual organs of one sex but the chromosomal/hormonal nature of the opposite sex. In days past people born with sexual anomaly were left to grow up with their defective sexual identity. This of course caused great pain and confusion in their lives. The term hermaphrodite was commonly heard. Now doctors perform surgery as soon as possible to correct such deformity. In the case of the child with both male and female organs the most important question to be determined is, is the child genetically and harmonally male or female? If that is determined then the surgery matches the organs to those of the child's sexual nature. We should think of such procedures just as we would of the child born with any other physical defect that is surgically corrected.

The situation is complicated if the person has been allow to grow up before the corrective procedure is attempted. For example a child with both organs might be raised as a boy, but hormonal studies might reveal he is genetically and harmonally female. The corrective surgery seeks to correct the mistake in her body but there should be a correction in her sexual identity as a person. The child could just as easily have been raised a girl if the parents has elected to do so. When such a case comes to our attention, most of us living in our normal circumstances are shocked, but it is a needed correction for the affected person. In such cases, corrective surgery is no more wrong than to correct a defective heart or limb.

2. The second category are those people who are homosexual in their sexual desire and practice. Some men who wish to engage in sex with other men and aspire to fill a female role or women who wish to be men for the same reason seek such surgical reassignment. These are people with normal bodies but because of faulty training and conditioning in their formative years, or by choice, they turn from heterosexual relationships to those of their own sex. To fulfill their desire they seek out doctors who can transform their sexual nature. Since God has clearly spoken on the subject of homosexual behavior, condemning it as unnatural (Rom. 1: 26-27) and abominable (Lev. 18:22), sexual reassignment for this reason is clearly wrong.

Now if such a person should sincerely present him or herself for baptism how should we respond? If they are of the first category, we should accept them just as we would the person who has had any other deformity. They should be not penalized for that which was beyond their control. If they are of the second category, and if we are satisfied they are genuine in their request, and have truly repented (Acts 2:38), we should baptize them into Christ. Their case would be no different than the immoral heterosexual or the homosexuals who had been saved in Corinth (I Cor. 6:9-11). I would recommend that there be a period of personal study and counseling with the person to make sure that they understood that such personal situations should not be made public to others or promoted as it would surely create confusion in the congregation and stigmatize the person.

Since the leaders of the homosexual community are making war against conservative churches who will not yield to their demands for acceptance, we must be on guard lest a homosexual person of that camp come seeking baptism and membership in the church in order to create a confrontation and crisis to the benefit of their cause. If the person is determined to be of that camp they should be turned away!

Sincerely,

Back -- or go -- Home

© Copyright 2007, First Century Christian

Transsexuality and homosexuality have nothing in common. However both are born the way they are because it is a natural occurence which has been proven. Being Transsexual is not sinful at all. Those who tell you that are full of it. Transsexuality is a medical condition With treatment prescribed by the APA and the AMA American Medical Association. I do hope you actually don't believe what you wrote and are injecting humor here.

Laura

Guest RainBird

lol It doesn't makes sense... Isn't a homosexual male proud to be male ans is satisfied with their sexual attributes?

I know some gay males may undergo HRT for feminizing but I have not heard of any gay men getting srs..

I'm a straight transsexual girl (i like guys) who has some very close gay friends, apart from some degree of similar bahaviours, etc, depending on the individual, there is a BIG difference imo :)

If God didn't make transgendered and gay people, there wouldn't be any.. Period! ;)

xx

Hi,

I think it is not the opiion of Nekomata, it is a quote from some religious newspaper ask "doctor Bob" page.

If I read that kind of stuff, I know why I do not like religions. If god is the big man of action, the maker, he made also homosexuals. Why are homosexuals responsibele to be homosexual if it was god decision to make them that style?

Anyway for point one I know that this is the wrong way. A study including a lot of cases with children born with a none clear gender getting surgery shows, that in most cases the decision was wrong. It is better to wait until the child can tell the own gender. Than it is time to support this gender in every point that is possible.

For point two I only have one question. Being homosexual is not good, why is it good to love small children where church take care about them?

Greetings

Nelly

Guest Nekomata
Transsexuality and homosexuality have nothing in common. However both are born the way they are because it is a natural occurence which has been proven. Being Transsexual is not sinful at all. Those who tell you that are full of it. Transsexuality is a medical condition With treatment prescribed by the APA and the AMA American Medical Association. I do hope you actually don't believe what you wrote and are injecting humor here.

Laura

To clarify, I DID NOT WRITE THAT. I copy pasted it from a website and I was pointing out how hypocritical and incredibly inaccurate it was.. especially the part about gay people transitioning just so they can be intimate with the same gender.

Guest Chrissie
18 June, 2007

What About Sexual Reassignment?

Dear Bro. Waddey:

How should we response to a person who is in the process of sexual reassignment surgery who want to become a member of the Lord's church and wants to know if they would be welcomed? How should we view those who are born with both sex organs, but decided not to change, or those whose parents made the decision for them?

-Waldo

Dear Bro. Waldo:

Living in this marvelous age of medical technology not only offers blessings, it presents great challenges to Christians who wish to please God in all things. It raises ethical questions our predecessors never had to face.

There are two categories of people who seek sexual reassignment or sex change surgery.

1. There are legitimate cases that occur when a person is born with what medical terminology describes as sexual anomaly. In such cases a child might be born with imperfectly developed sexual organs, both male and female organs or the sexual organs of one sex but the chromosomal/hormonal nature of the opposite sex. In days past people born with sexual anomaly were left to grow up with their defective sexual identity. This of course caused great pain and confusion in their lives. The term hermaphrodite was commonly heard. Now doctors perform surgery as soon as possible to correct such deformity. In the case of the child with both male and female organs the most important question to be determined is, is the child genetically and harmonally male or female? If that is determined then the surgery matches the organs to those of the child's sexual nature. We should think of such procedures just as we would of the child born with any other physical defect that is surgically corrected.

The situation is complicated if the person has been allow to grow up before the corrective procedure is attempted. For example a child with both organs might be raised as a boy, but hormonal studies might reveal he is genetically and harmonally female. The corrective surgery seeks to correct the mistake in her body but there should be a correction in her sexual identity as a person. The child could just as easily have been raised a girl if the parents has elected to do so. When such a case comes to our attention, most of us living in our normal circumstances are shocked, but it is a needed correction for the affected person. In such cases, corrective surgery is no more wrong than to correct a defective heart or limb.

2. The second category are those people who are homosexual in their sexual desire and practice. Some men who wish to engage in sex with other men and aspire to fill a female role or women who wish to be men for the same reason seek such surgical reassignment. These are people with normal bodies but because of faulty training and conditioning in their formative years, or by choice, they turn from heterosexual relationships to those of their own sex. To fulfill their desire they seek out doctors who can transform their sexual nature. Since God has clearly spoken on the subject of homosexual behavior, condemning it as unnatural (Rom. 1: 26-27) and abominable (Lev. 18:22), sexual reassignment for this reason is clearly wrong.

Now if such a person should sincerely present him or herself for baptism how should we respond? If they are of the first category, we should accept them just as we would the person who has had any other deformity. They should be not penalized for that which was beyond their control. If they are of the second category, and if we are satisfied they are genuine in their request, and have truly repented (Acts 2:38), we should baptize them into Christ. Their case would be no different than the immoral heterosexual or the homosexuals who had been saved in Corinth (I Cor. 6:9-11). I would recommend that there be a period of personal study and counseling with the person to make sure that they understood that such personal situations should not be made public to others or promoted as it would surely create confusion in the congregation and stigmatize the person.

Since the leaders of the homosexual community are making war against conservative churches who will not yield to their demands for acceptance, we must be on guard lest a homosexual person of that camp come seeking baptism and membership in the church in order to create a confrontation and crisis to the benefit of their cause. If the person is determined to be of that camp they should be turned away!

Sincerely,

Back -- or go -- Home

© Copyright 2007, First Century Christian

:huh: Where do they get these people? :blink: I have a few grievances against the christian faith... mostly based on those things that 'pastor' said. I even have a few against a particular Christian Faith that has nothing to do with GLBT related.

But I have more respect for those who find strength and conviction in their faith and are open minded enough to listen and not judge.

I think that they teach Judge and not listen to these so called conservative pastors.

I'm Not anti Religion ...Im anti Hypocrisy

that being said... wasn't it in the bible that he who is without sin should cast the first stone?

Guest RainBird
:huh: Where do they get these people? :blink: I have a few grievances against the christian faith... mostly based on those things that 'pastor' said. I even have a few against a particular Christian Faith that has nothing to do with GLBT related.

But I have more respect for those who find strength and conviction in their faith and are open minded enough to listen and not judge.

I think that they teach Judge and not listen to these so called conservative pastors.

I'm Not anti Religion ...Im anti Hypocrisy

that being said... wasn't it in the bible that he who is without sin should cast the first stone?

lol I knew Nekomata didn't write this ;)

The article istelf just fired me up, too much ignorance is advertised by so called know-it-alls regarding their thoughts or acceptance of us, even comment bashing on youtube, it's everywhere! :(

Laura

No, Laura-nothin' like that. I sent that to her under the heading, "Howz this for ludicrous". Pertee accurate, huh-my heading anyway?
To clarify, I DID NOT WRITE THAT. I copy pasted it from a website and I was pointing out how hypocritical and incredibly inaccurate it was.. especially the part about gay people transitioning just so they can be intimate with the same gender.
I sent this to yu but apparently you found it yourself before I got it to yu. Hehe.
Guest Madison_Always

that hypocrite is the one who shouldnt get babtized until he gets right w/ God. who i s he to say who can be accepted by the church or more importantly by God. Also maybe before saying absent minded stuff like that he might actually research and find out that gay men usually like to stay that way. Uneducated ppl claiming to be christians rly aggravate me.

• 1 year later...
Guest TheAetherealMeadow

Wow, it really disgusts me how disillusioned some Christians can be. Not only is the section about transsexuality totally incorrect and wrong, but it really irks me how they describe being intersexed as an anomaly that should be "corrected" according to how their chromosomes are. I wish more people would understand that gender is an aspect of identity and not of chromosomes.